Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 3 of 25
Re: OT: NFL Football 2018
Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: September 10, 2018 21:46

mr_dja
OK... So THAT wasn't the start to the season that I was looking for... Sure my Steelers can still go undefeated but... a tie with Cleveland? Really?

Kudos to Cleveland though... Best start to a season since 2004... And finally breaking their losing streak... without actually winning.

OK, that's all I've got... I'm feeling WAY to exposed in my glass house to be throwing too many stones.

Peace,
Mr DJA
I had a feeling you were going to be traumatized after that one. What the hell is going on with Bell?

Posted by: mr_dja ()
Date: September 10, 2018 23:32

keefriff99
mr_dja
OK... So THAT wasn't the start to the season that I was looking for... Sure my Steelers can still go undefeated but... a tie with Cleveland? Really?

Kudos to Cleveland though... Best start to a season since 2004... And finally breaking their losing streak... without actually winning.

OK, that's all I've got... I'm feeling WAY to exposed in my glass house to be throwing too many stones.

Peace,
Mr DJA
I had a feeling you were going to be traumatized after that one. What the hell is going on with Bell?

What the hell is going on with Bell? Contract Dispute. I don't follow closely enough to know the complete story but I think it stems from the Steelers having put "the franchise tag" on him for two straight years. Re: the Cleveland game, as much as I want to, you really couldn't blame his backup as he had a great game.

Six(?) turnovers by Pittsburgh cost them the game. I guess it was some sort of cosmic justice... Even though Pitt really didn't deserve to win, apparently "the football gods" couldn't bring themselves to allow Cleveland to beat them!

Peace,
Mr DJA

Posted by: Leonioid ()
Date: September 11, 2018 08:32

lol, these espn common-taters, Peters gets a pick 6 and all of a sudden they are proclaiming the Rams are going to the Super bowl.

Simply beating the eversuck faders does not a Super Bowl team make.

PS
Welcome back CHUCKY!

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: September 11, 2018 10:23

Leonioid
lol, these espn common-taters, Peters gets a pick 6 and all of a sudden they are proclaiming the Rams are going to the Super bowl.

PS
Welcome back CHUCKY!

the announcing teams for both games last night were bad, especially the first one, brian griese was embarrassing.

Date: September 11, 2018 15:48

the jet dropped the boom and the lions last night

Date: September 11, 2018 15:55

keefriffhard4life
Great start to the season for the Jets...can't wait 'til they play the Patriots. surprised their first match-up isn't for another 2-1/2 months.

Date: September 11, 2018 16:06

On paper, the Rams look absolutely lethal: Goff, Gurley, Cooks, Talib, Peters, Suh, etc.

Whether that star-wattage translates to team chemistry or not remains to be seen. Last night was a good start, although it was against the Raiders.

Date: September 11, 2018 17:47

keefriff99
keefriffhard4life
Great start to the season for the Jets...can't wait 'til they play the Patriots. surprised their first match-up isn't for another 2-1/2 months.

yeah we'll see how the jets look after a few weeks. they could be 3-0

Posted by: DaveG ()
Date: September 11, 2018 17:59

Ket
Got my ticket for my beloved Raiders at Wembley this morning.
I am pretty pessimistic about this season with them trading the best defensive player in the NFL but who knows maybe their offence will return to form and they can win in high scoring shootouts.

Hey, I'll be flying across the pond to see the Hawks. Got my flights, game ticket, accommodations, etc. Could be a great, mediocre, or horrible game. Who knows? But, we'll have fun!

Date: September 11, 2018 21:15

crholmstrom
Leonioid

PS
Welcome back CHUCKY!

the announcing teams for both games last night were bad, especially the first one, brian griese was embarrassing.

Agreed, it is beyond me what espn is thinking with some of these a common taters.

I tried watching/listening to the first game but it was unwatchable.
Then I remembered Its All Good Mann on... so I switcher over and... it was all good mangrinning smiley

Tuned back over afterwards to see he end of the faders/lambs game...
and it seemed scripted too... at least it followed the typical faders script

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: September 13, 2018 02:11

Sighunt
More Hot Rocks
Buffalo's couch Clappy Mcdermott is a joke. Ever since the Pegulas bought the Bills and Sabres they have done nothing. NOTHING. The Sabres are a laughing stock of the NHL for years. Kim and Terry please go back to PA and drill another well.

As a western New Yorker, it is getting difficult supporting these Bills. What a joke! Yesterday (from what I can recollect) was the second worst season opener the Bills had since 2008. Like, how long is this gonna go on?

For New York's true only team, it is pitiful.

Date: September 13, 2018 05:16

GasLightStreet
Sighunt
More Hot Rocks
Buffalo's couch Clappy Mcdermott is a joke. Ever since the Pegulas bought the Bills and Sabres they have done nothing. NOTHING. The Sabres are a laughing stock of the NHL for years. Kim and Terry please go back to PA and drill another well.

As a western New Yorker, it is getting difficult supporting these Bills. What a joke! Yesterday (from what I can recollect) was the second worst season opener the Bills had since 2008. Like, how long is this gonna go on?

Yup, I think even Mario Cuomo would only root for the Bills while he was governor because the Giants and Jets are technically stationed in Jersey.

Could it be any worse than losing FOUR STRAIGHT Super Bowls though?

I mean, sure, they were clearly a great team back then, so there's that, but to blow four straight is beyond heart-breaking. I still feel bad for Jim Kelly. I can remember watching the Scott Norwood muffed kick with my Dad in '91 and going nuts.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-09-13 05:19 by keefriff99.

Date: September 16, 2018 04:14

pretty decent day of college football. sort of an opening act for tomorrow's nfl games. lots of good plot lines going into tomorrow.

Posted by: Cooltoplady ()
Date: September 16, 2018 06:21

keefriff99
GasLightStreet
Sighunt
More Hot Rocks

Yup, I think even Mario Cuomo would only root for the Bills while he was governor because the Giants and Jets are technically stationed in Jersey.

Could it be any worse than losing FOUR STRAIGHT Super Bowls though?

I mean, sure, they were clearly a great team back then, so there's that, but to blow four straight is beyond heart-breaking. I still feel bad for Jim Kelly. I can remember watching the Scott Norwood muffed kick with my Dad in '91 and going nuts.

As a long time resident of Buffalo, NY. You cant put the blame on Norwood. the Bills defense was not great in that game. All pro Darryl Tally missed tackle after tackle in that game. i remember the Giants were something like 3rd at 28 in that game. Anderson ran for a first down. Talley missed tackling again. Kelly never played great in any super bowl. Thurman Thomas was the only bright spot. There will never be a super bowl with The Pegulas as owners. yes they saved the team from moving. But they are clueless on who to hire.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2018-09-16 06:22 by Cooltoplady.

Date: September 16, 2018 20:07

nice tv schedule today. GB/MINN, KC/PITT, NE/JAC & NYG/DAL. my team not playing so no stress!

Date: September 16, 2018 20:24

crholmstrom
nice tv schedule today. GB/MINN, KC/PITT, NE/JAC & NYG/DAL. my team not playing so no stress!
Prime time games are fun... good luck tomorrow night!

For anyone wondering who what when and where...
this is a good site that updates weekly [506sports.com]

Date: September 16, 2018 20:26

and for anyone wondering who the favorites are...
these guys have been posting for years... [scoresandodds.com]

I may need to find a bookie to keep things interesting this yeargrinning smiley

Date: September 16, 2018 20:45

Its a good day when the agenda is lazing about watching the NFL,
eating last nights pizza and typing about being ready for another Stones tour on IORRsmileys with beer

Date: September 16, 2018 21:30

fitzmagic the greatest show on turf

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: September 16, 2018 23:41

Wow, Green Bay in another game for the ages! Dislike both teams since I'm a Bears fan but I was cheering for the Vikings. Key missed field goals, questionable late penalty calls, especially the late roughing the passer, and GB calling 2 passing plays late which stopped the clock and gave Minny another chance.
I wonder if the Vikings kicker will have a job next week? The final missed field goal with no time left in OT may have cost him his job. Sort of fitting the game ended in a tie!

Date: September 17, 2018 00:56

DGA35
Wow, Green Bay in another game for the ages! Dislike both teams since I'm a Bears fan but I was cheering for the Vikings. Key missed field goals, questionable late penalty calls, especially the late roughing the passer, and GB calling 2 passing plays late which stopped the clock and gave Minny another chance.
I wonder if the Vikings kicker will have a job next week? The final missed field goal with no time left in OT may have cost him his job. Sort of fitting the game ended in a tie!

next seahawk kicker sure looked bad for the vikings sad smiley

Date: September 17, 2018 00:58

Leonioid
eating last nights pizza and typing about being ready for another Stones tour on IORRsmileys with beer

been pouring rain here. i'm still beat up from work last week. i did roust myself to make a drive & lay in some awesome BBQ for today & tomorrow. BBQ & football an excellent combo! i'm going to need nap before Hawk game tomorrow. it's going to be brutal though. bears should wipe them out.

Date: September 17, 2018 02:01

Pats playing like trash. Jags defense is tough.

Date: September 17, 2018 02:23

crholmstrom
Leonioid

been pouring rain here. i'm still beat up from work last week. i did roust myself to make a drive & lay in some awesome BBQ for today & tomorrow. BBQ & football an excellent combo! i'm going to need nap before Hawk game tomorrow. it's going to be brutal though. bears should wipe them out.

YOUCANSAYTHATAGAIN!
BBQ & football & beer an excellent combo!smileys with beer

Date: September 17, 2018 02:25

Kind of obvious... but it gets messed up so often.

Watching some NFL today I am reminded... it really all boils down to which team can get the first down on 3rd and 1... and which team can stop them on 3rd and 1 at the end of close games. It tells so much about teams... get the first down run out the clock win the game... or miss it, kick it and give the other guys a chance to win.

Good teams STOP THEM!!! Good teams GET THAT FIRST DOWN!!! Even this early in the season you can see which teams will make the playoffs based on it. Not being able to get(or stop) a first down, with the game on line, tells it all.

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: September 17, 2018 03:38

One of the Bills cornerbacks actually quit the team and retired at halftime. What does that tell you?

Date: September 17, 2018 04:48

More Hot Rocks
One of the Bills cornerbacks actually quit the team and retired at halftime. What does that tell you?

Whoa... really?

YUP...

ORCHARD PARK, N.Y — Vontae Davis began Sunday as a defensive back for the Buffalo Bills.
He ended the day retired from football, stunning his coaches and teammates by calling it a career in the middle of the game.

At halftime, with the Bills trailing 28-6, Davis up and quit. Quit.
He wasn’t hurt, he hadn’t been benched by coach Sean McDermott.
And like Cartman He just picked up his ball and went home.

----------------------------------------------
It seems that the league said DO NOT TALK ABOUT HIM...
at least I did not hear a peep about this until IORR.NFL.NEWS reported it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-09-17 04:51 by Leonioid.

Date: September 17, 2018 11:48

Leonioid
More Hot Rocks

Whoa... really?

YUP...

ORCHARD PARK, N.Y — Vontae Davis began Sunday as a defensive back for the Buffalo Bills.
He ended the day retired from football, stunning his coaches and teammates by calling it a career in the middle of the game.

At halftime, with the Bills trailing 28-6, Davis up and quit. Quit.
He wasn’t hurt, he hadn’t been benched by coach Sean McDermott.
And like Cartman He just picked up his ball and went home.

----------------------------------------------
It seems that the league said DO NOT TALK ABOUT HIM...
at least I did not hear a peep about this until IORR.NFL.NEWS reported it.

thumbs up

Date: September 17, 2018 11:51

Leonioid
crholmstrom
Leonioid

YOUCANSAYTHATAGAIN!
BBQ & football & beer an excellent combo!smileys with beer

have 1 for me. docs say i can't drink due to some nasty meds i have to take. GO HAWKS! where they are going, can't really say where they are going but with all the injuries to key players this week, pretty sure its not a good place. smileys with beer

Date: September 18, 2018 15:05

Damn, the Bears beat the Hawks...the times, they are a'changin'.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 3 of 25

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1777
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home