Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT: Interview with Chuck Negron of Three Dog Night
Posted by: roller99 ()
Date: August 3, 2018 22:49

Chuck Negron Q&A

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-08-03 22:52 by roller99.

Re: OT: Interview with Chuck Negron of Three Dog Night
Posted by: 35love ()
Date: August 4, 2018 00:05

Cool.
I saw 3 Dog Night a million years ago in MN
Did ya know this?

Shambhala
The song's actual lyrics are about the mythical kingdom of Shambhala, which was said to be hidden somewhere within or beyond the peaks of the Himalayas and was mentioned in various ancient texts, including the Kalachakra Tantra and ancient texts of Tibetan Buddhism.

The lyrics refer to a situation where kindness and cooperation are universal, joy and good fortune abound, and psychological burdens are lifted.

The phrases "in the halls of Shambala" and "on the road to Shambala" tie for number of occurrences in the lyrics. The latter phrase perhaps alludes to the idea of Shambala not as a physical place but as a metaphor for the spiritual path one might follow.

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: August 4, 2018 02:43

If you ever get a chance to see Chuck you must go. His band is great. Better than today's Three Dog Night. Also pick up a copy of his bio too A great read

Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: August 4, 2018 05:12

Saw him on May 30, 1996 at a free outdoor concert called Thursday in the Square in downtown Buffalo.

Posted by: dmay ()
Date: August 4, 2018 17:57

Nice read. I used to really like 3 Dog Night and have vinyl albums of them packed away somewhere. Must admit though, if I never heard Joy To The World again for the rest of my life it would be too soon.

Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: August 5, 2018 02:23

35love
Cool.
Did ya know this?

Shambhala
The song's actual lyrics are about the mythical kingdom of Shambhala, which was said to be hidden somewhere within or beyond the peaks of the Himalayas and was mentioned in various ancient texts, including the Kalachakra Tantra and ancient texts of Tibetan Buddhism.

The lyrics refer to a situation where kindness and cooperation are universal, joy and good fortune abound, and psychological burdens are lifted.

The phrases "in the halls of Shambala" and "on the road to Shambala" tie for number of occurrences in the lyrics. The latter phrase perhaps alludes to the idea of Shambala not as a physical place but as a metaphor for the spiritual path one might follow.

An interesting fact about Three Dog Night is that they did not write any of their hits songs. Every one of them were written by other song writers.

Posted by: Leonioid ()
Date: August 5, 2018 02:55

35love
Cool.
Did ya know this?

Shambhala

smoking smiley
just one question...

Posted by: Leonioid ()
Date: August 5, 2018 03:13

Thank for posting the link roller... good stuff...

may I share the 2Qs I found most... if not... I will edit delete

---------------------------------

What was it like working with your daughters? Was this the first time in the studio with Dad? Did you have to do a lot of coaching?

Chuck Negron: Charlie, my 23-year-old, has been working in the studio for a long time. She made her first record when she was nine years old, David Foster helped her arrange it and played piano. When she was ten, she appeared on the stage with me at The Hollywood Bowl in front of over 17,000 people. My other daughter Annabelle, it was the same thing, she kind of followed in her sister’s footsteps. She has appeared with me in Vegas and is no stranger to the studio. It’s not like I’m bringing them in and having them do something that would embarrass them, it’s something that they do very well.

----------------

Painkillers can be an incredibly addictive drug.

Chuck Negron: That’s the funny thing about it. You could be the owner of that button that predetermines that you could become an addict very easily, and you could go many decades without ever knowing it. And you start taking that stuff innocently enough and then all of a sudden, you’re an addict! You’re rolling the dice.

-----------------

Interesting way to put it... "That button"

When I was growing up we had heard Chuck's story...and Janis and Jimi and Mama and all of them... and amonst everyone I knew the rule was DONT DO HEROIN... EVER! We guessed and used to laughed that it was probably a great high, but fukthat shit about physically addicting combined with having to do more and more to get the same buzz. I still have never touched that sht... and never will. I was surprised it came back... but it is part of that plan... so... you know.... pretty sad deal.

The best part about guys like Chuck telling his story is
people can see and have faith that they can come back from that nightmare, unless they die.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2018-08-05 03:21 by Leonioid.

Posted by: roller99 ()
Date: August 5, 2018 03:48

Leonioid
Thank for posting the link roller... good stuff...

may I share the 2Qs I found most... if not... I will edit delete

---------------------------------

What was it like working with your daughters? Was this the first time in the studio with Dad? Did you have to do a lot of coaching?

Chuck Negron: Charlie, my 23-year-old, has been working in the studio for a long time. She made her first record when she was nine years old, David Foster helped her arrange it and played piano. When she was ten, she appeared on the stage with me at The Hollywood Bowl in front of over 17,000 people. My other daughter Annabelle, it was the same thing, she kind of followed in her sister’s footsteps. She has appeared with me in Vegas and is no stranger to the studio. It’s not like I’m bringing them in and having them do something that would embarrass them, it’s something that they do very well.

----------------

Painkillers can be an incredibly addictive drug.

Chuck Negron: That’s the funny thing about it. You could be the owner of that button that predetermines that you could become an addict very easily, and you could go many decades without ever knowing it. And you start taking that stuff innocently enough and then all of a sudden, you’re an addict! You’re rolling the dice.

-----------------

Interesting way to put it... "That button"

When I was growing up we had heard Chuck's story...and Janis and Jimi and Mama and all of them... and amonst everyone I knew the rule was DONT DO HEROIN... EVER! We guessed and used to laughed that it was probably a great high, but fukthat shit about physically addicting combined with having to do more and more to get the same buzz. I still have never touched that sht... and never will. I was surprised it came back... but it is part of that plan... so... you know.... pretty sad deal.

The best part about guys like Chuck telling his story is
people can see and have faith that they can come back from that nightmare, unless they die.

Thanks for your comments, very poignant words. Chuck is very brave to put all that out there. He's got HepC and COPD and he still performs. Good for him!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1062
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home