Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Wich song did you wanted to hear live for a long time, and when did you got it ?
Posted by: HappyRambler ()
Date: September 29, 2005 12:10

For me it was, with no doubt, Star Star.
I really, really love the version on Love You Live, and was wishing to hear it live ever since.
I kept on wishing it at least for 12 years, and finally got it on the Licks Tour in Rotterdam, august the 11th, 2003.
Then got it again on august the 19th 2003 in Amsterdam, I was the luckiest man on earth !!
The only shitty thing was that they played it on the B-stage, with less sound quality, with me standing front row at the main stage.
Also wanted to hear "Worried about you" and "Ain't no use in crying" for a long time, and got the first one, also on the Licks Tour, in Vredenburg, august the 16th, 2003.
Maybe this Tour my last wish "Ain't no use...", but i don't think that will happen, because they didn't rehearse this one.

What about you ??

Re: Wich song did you wanted to hear live for a long time, and when did you got it ?
Posted by: shedooby ()
Date: September 29, 2005 12:18

For me it was certainly Sister Morphine and I finally got it in '98!!
Really great, chickenskin all over, downside was the location; Amsterdam Arena > never again

Re: Wich song did you wanted to hear live for a long time, and when did you got it ?
Posted by: keefed ()
Date: September 29, 2005 14:10

I have always dreamt about hearing CYHMK live, and it was a 'dream comes true' when I finally did! I always thought it was never going to happen.
Before BtB tour, ther was a wishlist maybe here on IORR, you had to choose 3 songs, what you would like to hear, and I marked 'All About You' among others, and they played it in Philly...

On BtB 'Saint Of Me' was a big big success live in Europe, especially in Holland.
I wanted it so badly on LICKS, and I got it in Utrecht! What a show that was!

Posted by: erikjjf ()
Date: September 29, 2005 15:15

CYHMK, finally heard it at MSG 2002.
Loving Cup, see above.
Rip This Joint, see above.
Love In Vain, Hartford 2002.
Hand Of Fate, Roseland 2002.
Worried About You, Cirkus Krone 2003.
You Got The Silver, Hartford 1999.
I Got The Blues, Hartford 1999.

Posted by: stone-relics ()
Date: September 29, 2005 15:40

Parachute Woman Orpheum Theatre, Boston, 2002. GRRRRRRRRRRRREAT!

JR

Posted by: T&A ()
Date: September 29, 2005 18:09

Parachute 9-8-02 (was there)
Some Girls 1-25-99 (was there)

and, unlike many other debuts, they absolutely nailed these two.....

Posted by: J.J.Flash ()
Date: September 29, 2005 18:55

mine is soul survivor and sway. haven't heard either yet though. i guess memory motel was the one i thought i'd never hear but did!

Date: September 29, 2005 21:04

J.J.Flash Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> mine is soul survivor and sway. haven't heard
> either yet though. i guess memory motel was the
> one i thought i'd never hear but did!

Sway is at this moment the most wanted song I guess.
I really love it, however a lot of people dit not like the live version from Columbus.

Posted by: Wuudy ()
Date: September 29, 2005 22:57

I would have to say Gimme Shelter and Midnight Rambler.
The first one i had to hear live because i was addicted to the Saint of Me b-side version from Paradiso '95. Í didn't own any bootlegs untill after the'B2B tour so all i got was that live version and the one from St. Louis (official video) so i didn't know if they played the song regular on that tour. As it turned out they played every gig i attended since so i'm a very lucky. But man was that an experience, my first stones concert ever, it the Amsterdam arena but i couldn't care less where it was, i didn't notice any sound problems because i was in heaven for two hours. When Keith played the first notes of Gimme Shelter i had goosebumbs all over!!!

The second one i first heard at the '99 Groningen concert. I was standing front row in front of Keith's mike on the b-stage. It was there last song on the b-stage and it rocked. Keith F*cked up the transition the last fast part as he started way too early. But i really was waiting for it during the Licks tour. I got the Budokan bootleg and they played an awesome version there that i was playing all day long at home so i was really hoping that i got to hear it. And fortunately they played it at there second night in the Kuip Rotterdam!

Cheers,
Wuudy

Posted by: Havo ()
Date: September 29, 2005 23:11

For me---"THE LAST TIME"---was my first Single ,i Bought back in 65

heard this song 1998 in Nuernberg. What a feeling!!!

Posted by: harlito1969 ()
Date: September 29, 2005 23:14

I GOT THE BLUES --- Memphis 1999
... waited about 18 years... since I first got into the Stones. My uncle gave me an 8-track of Sticky Fingers and I loved the song fom the moment I heard it. Still do.

Posted by: eric ()
Date: September 29, 2005 23:37

Moonlight Mile. NS Philly 99... I cried!

Posted by: kaskatanas ()
Date: September 29, 2005 23:41

Monkey Man........ Ahoy 2003 (never I´ll forgive to Mick for start so!!)

Posted by: somesmerized ()
Date: September 29, 2005 23:44

Dead Flowers, Toronto, 26/09/2005 :0)

Posted by: Dan ()
Date: September 29, 2005 23:52

Sympathy For The Devil LA Coliseum 10/19/89

Posted by: TotalBB ()
Date: September 29, 2005 23:55

2,000 Light Years From Home, Rotterdam '89 (or was it '90?) :-)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2005-09-30 00:30 by TotalBB.

Posted by: keefed ()
Date: September 30, 2005 18:13

yes '90!

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: September 30, 2005 20:33

Memory Motel

First saw the band in 1981. It was 1999 in Charlotte before I finally got to see MM live.

BTW, Dave Matthews ruins the version on No Security.

On another topic, I saw Joan Jett play Star,Star while opening for the Who!!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2005-09-30 20:34 by Elmo Lewis.

Date: September 30, 2005 20:38

under my thumb
Charlotte North Carolina 97

it kinda sucked but whatever

Posted by: The Stones ()
Date: September 30, 2005 20:46

Salt Of The Earth - 20 Sep 2003 Twickenham Stadium, London, England.

Posted by: rainhog ()
Date: September 30, 2005 21:24

RESPECTABLE.......COLUMBUS '99
SOME GIRLS........COLUMBUS' 99

Date: September 30, 2005 23:35

Elmo Lewis Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

> On another topic, I saw Joan Jett play Star,Star
> while opening for the Who!!!

When did that happen, and did it make any sense ?

Posted by: G. the Cock ()
Date: September 30, 2005 23:38

1. "Before They Make Me Run" - Hannover 1990 2nd show
2. "Memory Motel" - Syracuse 1994
3. "Star Star" - Oakland 1997 3rd show

Truth is stranger than fiction

stoned greetings
G. The Cock

Posted by: gibb76 ()
Date: October 1, 2005 00:24

Memory Motel
Some Girls
You Got The Silver

All in Hartford 99 (first show)

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: October 1, 2005 05:36

HappyRambler,

It was in Orlando, FL USA on the 1982 "Farewell" tour for the Who. Joan Jett opened as did the 52's. They (52's) went over like a turd in the punchbowl with Who fans. "Star" sounded great with Joan doing it. The girl can rock. The Who (minus Moon, of course) were excellent. In fact, much better than the Stones had been the previous year.

Posted by: tomee ()
Date: October 1, 2005 07:20

Memory Motel Pontiac Silverdome. Didn't really remember the song and then they pulled out a piano and I went hmmm. Heard every word looked a the girl next to me who didn't look back and as it played it took me asway i ment away.... Baught Black and Blue the next day. Lisned to that song many many times. Since and.... Well I still got the song, don't have the girl and remember the moments of first hearing it very well.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2005-10-01 07:24 by tomee.

Posted by: stonedmike ()
Date: October 1, 2005 09:15

heartbreaker giants stadium - 2005

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2329
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home