Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234
Current Page: 4 of 4
Re: Confessin’ The Blues – In Collaboration With The Rolling Stones
Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: November 12, 2018 16:03

Sure, more touring, Dandy. The new album with fresh material - I will believe that when I see it!

Date: November 12, 2018 16:08

Stoneage
Sure, more touring, Dandy. The new album with fresh material - I will believe that when I see it!

You don't believe the people in the know here (studio booked, three singles etc.)?

Posted by: odean73 ()
Date: November 12, 2018 22:46

longlongwinter
will this be released digitally?

I asked the same question, I can't see any on the usual sources.

Posted by: floodonthepage ()
Date: November 12, 2018 23:17

I too am a little distracted by the shoddy work on the album cover, especially considering Ronnie has done such great work on other releases, not the least of which being his own "Not For Beginners" and "Live at the Ritz", as well as Clapton's "Crossroads" box set. I do like the idea that some of the proceeds go to 2120 S. Michigan Avenue, though.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-11-12 23:22 by floodonthepage.

Posted by: rara ()
Date: November 13, 2018 13:40

for anyone located in or around Berlin - Dussmann is selling it considerably cheaper than online. Boxset goes for €50, double LPs for €22 if my memory serves me right.

Posted by: maumau ()
Date: November 13, 2018 14:14

it is really strange to me this reaction to Ronnie's artwork this time, actually I have never been a fan of his art, exspecially his "paint from photographs" of the band.
Yes I think he has done good record artwork instead and imo this aint no exception. also like very much his funny setlists which I think are going on sale collected

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: December 12, 2018 23:26

Win a Rolling Stones Confessin' The Blues album plus a Ronnie Wood cover print

There's three copies of the double-vinyl edition of the Stones-curated collection Confessin' The Blues up for grabs

Last month Confessin' The Blues was released. Curated by The Rolling Stones, it featured a total of 42 tracks from artists including Howlin’ Wolf, Chuck Berry, Bo Diddley, B.B. King, John Lee Hooker and Muddy Waters.

Stones Frontman Mick Jagger said: “The first Muddy Waters album that was really popular was Muddy Waters At Newport, which was the first album I ever bought.”

Guitarist Keith Richards added: “If you don't know the blues there's no point in picking up the guitar and playing rock and roll or any other form of popular music.”

The cover art was designed by Stones guitarist Ronnie Wood, and the album is available in a variety of formats including CD, double vinyl, and a 5x10" vinyl set.

We've got three copies of the double vinyl set to give away, and each winner will also receive an extremely limited print of Ronnie Wood's cover art.

All you need to do to be in with the chance to win is answer the question, and leave your contact details.

[www.loudersound.com]

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: December 13, 2018 00:07

Odd that the submission page [www.loudersound.com]
states that "This is a UK only competition" ...

But the full rules [www.futureplc.com]
states that: "Competition is open to all residents of Great Britain and the United States (excluding residents of Rhode Island, New York, Florida and Puerto Rico)"

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: December 19, 2018 17:54

Limited Edition Signed Art Prints By Ronnie Wood!

Howlin', Digital print (2018)

To celebrate the recent release of the compilation album Confessin’ The Blues, in collaboration with the Rolling Stones, our very own Ronnie Wood has created a portfolio of eight special digital art prints, all hand-signed, paying homage to many of the blues greats.

Printed in editions of 50 on Somerset Velvet 330gsm, the limited edition prints feature the following artists:

Howlin’, paper size 40 x 29 cm
Chuck, paper size 40 x 32.5 cm
Muddy, paper size 40 x 32.5 cm
Jimmy Reed, paper size 40 x 29 cm
John Lee, paper size 40 x 30 cm
Robert Johnson, paper size 40 x 29 cm
Bluesman, paper size 40 x 29 cm
Billie, paper size 29 x 40 cm

In addition to the above there is a single digital print – Gimme One Hand Loose, paper size 68.3 x 49.7 cm – printed in an edition of 150 on Somerset Velvet 330gsm.

10% of net receipts from the sale of these prints will go to charity.

[shop.ronniewood.com]

Goto Page: Previous1234
Current Page: 4 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2082
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home