Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567
Current Page: 7 of 7
Re: Steven Tyler -Muscle Shoals Brown Sugar cover
Posted by: hopkins ()
Date: September 1, 2018 07:25

rock on rockez

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-09-01 07:39 by hopkins.

Date: September 1, 2018 07:29

Oh. St. Peter, hold on there a sec...uh, this is like, an important err. decision, with, uhh, frankly some built-right-in-there health liabilites if you know what I mean...so ok, that's ONE way of looking at it, yes, agreed but I'd like to suggest we could perhaps, um, move in a 'forward' directio with all this...
...and so....

[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: September 1, 2018 07:32

Posted by: harlem shuffle ()
Date: September 2, 2018 00:07

Worst cover of Brown Sugar ever.Terrible,Singer sounds like an old Lady.So this is the men some people here will have instead of Jagger?Most stupid comments ever read here,from the most stupid person ever

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: September 2, 2018 00:35

frankotero
Basically I agree with most of the criticisms I've read. But also I think some of us are missing the point that it's a cover song done as a tribute to legacy type music. It's never going to compete with our cherished favorites and if you look at it this way maybe you can can avoid disappoinment. This is my perspective on the subject. Maybe not popular though.

Not popular but you are right it's a cover ................if they made an exact copy of the song sound wise we also were disappointed

Date: September 2, 2018 06:34

ok consensus time; it's cool but it sucks.
it sucks but it's cool
done with mirrors
done with aerosmith
done with joey for sure
he's plays better than this guy, sorry.
it's not that it sucks, it's just that when you start to 'miss' Joey,
well...

Date: September 2, 2018 07:03

harlem shuffle
Worst cover of Brown Sugar ever.Terrible,Singer sounds like an old Lady.So this is the men some people here will have instead of Jagger?Most stupid comments ever read here,from the most stupid person ever

sounds like an old lady? you realize tyler is almost 71 and singing notes and in a key mick jagger hasn't don't in decades

Posted by: Natlanta ()
Date: September 2, 2018 14:56

the humanity.

cat torture set to a cover of a marching band’s cover of brown sugar.

the rest of it I like.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: September 2, 2018 16:38

hopkins
ok consensus time; it's cool but it sucks.
it sucks but it's cool
done with mirrors
done with aerosmith
done with joey for sure
he's plays better than this guy, sorry.
it's not that it sucks, it's just that when you start to 'miss' Joey,
well...

Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: September 3, 2018 16:16

...as the Brits say...its shyte.

Posted by: RoughJusticeOnYa ()
Date: September 3, 2018 16:52

Rip This
...as the Brits say...its shyte.

...As far as I know, it's just the Northern Englishmen/-women saying that.
But aaah, who knows... (and definitely not me - I'm just a continental European; and what do we know eih... smoking smiley ) - it may have become so popular nowadays, that every Brit has adopted it by now.

Posted by: harlem shuffle ()
Date: September 3, 2018 23:28

Never said Tyler is a bad singer,but on Brown Sugar he is really terrible.Tyler could never ever be The Stones frontman.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: September 4, 2018 00:14

Tyler could never ever be The Stones frontman

…...and no one else could ever be …………….

ROCKMAN

Posted by: pt99 ()
Date: September 4, 2018 00:52

harlem shuffle
Never said Tyler is a bad singer,but on Brown Sugar he is really terrible.Tyler could never ever be The Stones frontman.

Total "poser"/wannabe

Posted by: Wild Slivovitz ()
Date: September 4, 2018 15:26

DandelionPowderman
OpenG
Early on Tyler and Perry had a lot more problems keeping the band intact then jagger/Richards.Didn,t they have a lot of lineup changes early on not a huge fan of Aerosmith,Despite the Tyler's troubles, including an incapacitating motorcycle accident in January 1981,Jimmy Crespo and Tyler forged a songwriting and touring partnership. Crespo co-wrote six of the songs on Aerosmith's 1982 album Rock in a Hard Place with Tyler. Crespo performed most guitar duties on the album. Then Rick Dufay joined on I think after 1982 to replace Whitford. Also some of the guitar work on the early records was done by othero musicians and not Perry from what I can remember.

Perry quit before Rock In A Hard Place. Eventually, Whitford did, too. Crespo and Dufay both played on that album, if memory serves. And they did tours as well.

Session guys allegedly played some stuff on Train Kept A Rolling. Haven't heard about other songs?

I have a copy of that record and I think it's really underrated. It's surprisingly good given the circumstances, and definitely much better than "Done With Mirrors".
That being said, could anyone re-post a link of Steven Tyler's "Brown Sugar"? Unfortunately I failed to find it within the thread. Thanks!!

Date: September 4, 2018 15:27

Wild Slivovitz
DandelionPowderman
OpenG
Early on Tyler and Perry had a lot more problems keeping the band intact then jagger/Richards.Didn,t they have a lot of lineup changes early on not a huge fan of Aerosmith,Despite the Tyler's troubles, including an incapacitating motorcycle accident in January 1981,Jimmy Crespo and Tyler forged a songwriting and touring partnership. Crespo co-wrote six of the songs on Aerosmith's 1982 album Rock in a Hard Place with Tyler. Crespo performed most guitar duties on the album. Then Rick Dufay joined on I think after 1982 to replace Whitford. Also some of the guitar work on the early records was done by othero musicians and not Perry from what I can remember.

Perry quit before Rock In A Hard Place. Eventually, Whitford did, too. Crespo and Dufay both played on that album, if memory serves. And they did tours as well.

Session guys allegedly played some stuff on Train Kept A Rolling. Haven't heard about other songs?

I have a copy of that record and I think it's really underrated. It's surprisingly good given the circumstances, and definitely much better than "Done With Mirrors".
That being said, could anyone re-post a link of Steven Tyler's "Brown Sugar"? Unfortunately I failed to find it within the thread. Thanks!!

[www.youtube.com]

[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: Wild Slivovitz ()
Date: September 4, 2018 15:31

Thanks Bard.

I've got to say, it's much worse than I expected!!

Date: September 4, 2018 15:45

Wild Slivovitz
DandelionPowderman
OpenG

For a long while I thought the same. Done With Mirrors really grew on me, though. Rock In A Hard Place didn't smiling smiley

Date: September 4, 2018 17:10

potus43
harlem shuffle

Total "poser"/wannabe

not sure what that means. tyler has been a rock star now for almost 50 years. mick jagger has done plenty of sell out things in his long career

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: September 4, 2018 22:00

Some things can't be improved on.....

Posted by: Britney ()
Date: September 4, 2018 23:11

All pros and cons aside; this Tyler rendition of Brown Sugar is pretty horrendous.

www.rsundercover.eu

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: September 4, 2018 23:21

harlem shuffle
Most stupid comments ever read here,from the most stupid person ever

I think this version is crap, but the above is way over the top. Ignore people if you don't like them. Don't attempt to insult them and make yourself look bad in the process.

Posted by: bobo ()
Date: September 5, 2018 00:01

Totally shit. Should be some kind of law against it.

Date: September 5, 2018 05:09

the sux award goes to.........

steve needs to limp back to aero and cut another beat-boys track next.
"I Should Have Known Better" would be my suggestion.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-09-05 05:14 by hopkins.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: September 5, 2018 06:38

There are strange things happening everyday ………….

While trying to restore a 19th-century painting (left), an elderly woman in Spain says she unintentionally defaced it

ROCKMAN

Goto Page: Previous1234567
Current Page: 7 of 7

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1920
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home