Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567Next
Current Page: 5 of 7
Re: Steven Tyler -Muscle Shoals Brown Sugar cover
Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: August 8, 2018 13:15

Aerosmith never broke up period. I did attend the show in my neck of the woods with Jimmy Crespo and Rick Dufay and Aerosmith rocked good and hard and played a selection of tracks from there Rock and a Hard Place album with Jailbait getting quite a good amount of airplay on AOR radio stations and all the hits of Aerosmith and yes it was not Perry /Whitford but they still put on a fine show that was fun for the whole crowd .Also worth mentioning is that I seen the Joe Perry Project around the same time period and Brad Whitford was in Joe's band and towards the end of that tour for the last half dozen shows Steven Tyler joined Joe's Project and did lead vocals thus the Toxic Twins were reunited culminating in the Aerosmith Album- Done With Mirrors and a huge tour with G n R as the support act .One of my top 5 bands of all time smoking smiley

Posted by: beachbreak ()
Date: August 8, 2018 15:05

Aerosmith got back together?

I did not know that. grinning smiley

Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: August 8, 2018 16:55

Glam Descendant
> The great Nuge.

There's the giveaway lol.
No, if you've ever read potus' political opinions, you'd know he really DOES think Nuge is "great".

He was undeniably a great guitarist and showman in the '70s, but he's a soulless black hole of a human being.

Date: August 8, 2018 17:18

TheGreek
Aerosmith never broke up period. I did attend the show in my neck of the woods with Jimmy Crespo and Rick Dufay and Aerosmith rocked good and hard and played a selection of tracks from there Rock and a Hard Place album with Jailbait getting quite a good amount of airplay on AOR radio stations and all the hits of Aerosmith and yes it was not Perry /Whitford but they still put on a fine show that was fun for the whole crowd .Also worth mentioning is that I seen the Joe Perry Project around the same time period and Brad Whitford was in Joe's band and towards the end of that tour for the last half dozen shows Steven Tyler joined Joe's Project and did lead vocals thus the Toxic Twins were reunited culminating in the Aerosmith Album- Done With Mirrors and a huge tour with G n R as the support act .One of my top 5 bands of all time smoking smiley

Another reunion might happen now... winking smiley

[www.boston.com]

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: August 8, 2018 19:55

keefriff99
Glam Descendant
> The great Nuge.

There's the giveaway lol.
No, if you've ever read potus' political opinions, you'd know he really DOES think Nuge is "great".

He was undeniably a great guitarist and showman in the '70s, but he's a soulless black hole of a human being.
Very accurate

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: August 8, 2018 21:08

TheGreek

I saw that tour in SoCal and Aerosmith were a bit of a letdown that night to be polite about it. Guns'N'Roses were insanely better - loud and out of control, while Aerosmith were timid by comparison. Keeping in mind Guns were still young and hungry, while Aerosmith were fighting for a second chance at their career, it was a mismatched lineup all around. Must have been difficult for them to follow the Guns explosion. Anyhow, my fandom of Guns'N'Roses is packed ina very small time capsule of the first album and that show as their follow up albums did nothing for me and seeing them open for the Stones in '89 it was obvious they were on the downward spiral imo.

As for the Joe Perry Project, my diehard Aerosmith fan/friend Jimmy bought us tickets for the Santa Monica Civic show c.80/81. Having been "forced" to hear Joe's mediocre solo album while hanging out with Jimmy, I didn't care one way or the other about seeing him live. But I went along just for the heck of it and almost reluctantly, though it turned out I never saw the show after all. At the entry doors to the venue, a big idiotic ugly bouncer decided to pat me down and search my pockets way more than necessary. When he discovered a big FAT joint I had stashed in a cigarette pack, he ripped it up, and refused me entry go to the show. While I laughed it off in disbelief and waved goodbye to Jimmy, the seeds of my lifelong dislike for certain moronic power hungry bouncers was born that day! angry smileywinking smiley

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: August 8, 2018 21:26

I've never been impressed with Ted as a guitarist or showman, but I detest him because of his obnoxious expression of his politics and views on animals. Tyler and Perry are conservatives, but they are not obnoxious or disrespectful to others. Roger Waters (someone whose views I used to agree with in the past) eventually became unbearable to me as well from the other side of the spectrum.

It's an artist's right to express their views as it is ours to no longer support them. I love Roger's past work (Floyd and solo), but I can't take part in his becoming Pink at his Fascist worst seemingly incapable of being respectful or polite to people who think differently than he does.

Sadly, social media (all media, I suppose) does its best to convince people to behave in exactly such a polarizing fashion so there is never any hope of common ground, compromise, or softening of rough edges.

Posted by: MrMibbs ()
Date: August 8, 2018 21:40

hopkins
potus is two people? like he's president AND vice president!!??
wow.

that's so cool.

or she is? you never know this day; we almost had a women president
except she didn't she didn't get elected yet but she is persisted for now
but those kind of things live forever; somes of them. anyway,there could be a female president you know.
or if any of you other countries have a Queen vacancy, she's getting antsy again, and def has a skillset. it's not all just graciousness and sincerety; but a little of that goes a long way, friends.
sure we could have a chick female president.
it's bound to happen if this one doesn't get too upset anymore and we live.
but whatever; they say it's time for women to kind of take things over now.
that they will have more kindness and more women's intuition which is so
much better than man's intution because it's moress intuitive cause, you know,
it's just way easier to let them believe that; and also let them think you are listening after awhile. It's not rude my friends, it's the survival of a key relationship think about it, but anway, women, when they get a chance to rule us will probably not be looking for vengance or anything; thery will be more soft like Thatcher or that chick Cortez used to sell out the tribes man;
whoa. gold coast slave she bound for cotton fields; that's heavy...
the whole things prettyh nasty; how'd it make it to the radio it's filthy actually i love it so much; steven if your people are reading this maybe cut honkey tonk for the other side; god i miss singles.
WOW PROFOUND!

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: August 9, 2018 16:00

American Pickers (Mike & Frank) found an old van used by Aerosmith in the early days.
Not quite as cool as finding the "Rolling truck Stones thing", but cool.
Paid the guy 25k for it.

[www.yahoo.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-08-09 16:01 by MisterDDDD.

Date: August 9, 2018 16:03

MisterDDDD
American Pickers (Mike & Frank) found an old van used by Aerosmith in the early days.
Not quite as cool as finding the "Rolling truck Stones thing", but cool.
Paid the guy 25k for it.

[www.yahoo.com]

I posted it (rather cryptically) above smiling smiley

Cool story! thumbs up

Date: August 9, 2018 16:07

Rocky Dijon
I've never been impressed with Ted as a guitarist or showman, but I detest him because of his obnoxious expression of his politics and views on animals. Tyler and Perry are conservatives, but they are not obnoxious or disrespectful to others. Roger Waters (someone whose views I used to agree with in the past) eventually became unbearable to me as well from the other side of the spectrum.

It's an artist's right to express their views as it is ours to no longer support them. I love Roger's past work (Floyd and solo), but I can't take part in his becoming Pink at his Fascist worst seemingly incapable of being respectful or polite to people who think differently than he does.

Sadly, social media (all media, I suppose) does its best to convince people to behave in exactly such a polarizing fashion so there is never any hope of common ground, compromise, or softening of rough edges.
I was listening to Double Live Gonzo a few weeks ago, and Ted's guitar is just smokin' all over it. It's not easy for me to listen to him given what a scumbag he is, but his band was pretty great back in the day.

Joe has said he's a lifelong Republican. Tyler has expressed some conservative views, but I don't think he's as staunch.

Joe and Steve took a photo with President Obama when their planes were on the same tarmac, and Joey went ballistic when it was posted on the band's official Twitter account.

Posted by: stickyfingers101 ()
Date: August 9, 2018 16:53

TheGreek

Some great points here...if you felt it was Aerosmith and had a great time...then it WAS Aerosmith. Done and done. Well said

This whole discussion is going nowhere b/c people are arguing two different things...

My 2 Cents:

Legally, whoever owns the rights to the name = controls the name and, as such, whatever they put out under that name is LEGALLY "the band"....hence, legally, there was no "break up"...

Everything else is just fan-opinion of what constitutes "the band" and what constitutes a "break up"....is AC/DC still AC/DC w/o Brian? Are the Stones still the Stones w/o Bill...Pink Floyd & Gn'R have the same issue(s).

The Black Crowes are a great example...the legal rights to the name are shared and, thus, neither of the Robinson Brothers can tour/record under that name w/o consent of the other...Chris is touring now under the name "As the Crow Flies" and nobody considers it "The Black Crowes".....if he still owned the name, he'd use it and LEGALLY it would be "The Black Crowes" but many fans would beg to differ.....

Lots of bands go thru line-up changes for various reasons & after these changes, each fan decides for themselves if the band is still "genuine" enough for them....there's no scientific formula.

FYI - pretty sure Gn'R opened for the Permanent Vacation Tour, not Done w/ Mirrors tour.

Posted by: stickyfingers101 ()
Date: August 9, 2018 17:01

keefriff99
Rocky Dijon

I was listening to Double Live Gonzo a few weeks ago, and Ted's guitar is just smokin' all over it. It's not easy for me to listen to him given what a scumbag he is, but his band was pretty great back in the day.

Joe has said he's a lifelong Republican. Tyler has expressed some conservative views, but I don't think he's as staunch.

Joe and Steve took a photo with President Obama when their planes were on the same tarmac, and Joey went ballistic when it was posted on the band's official Twitter account.

Joe Perry went ballistic? Or Joey Kramer?

If I was as rich as them, I'd vote Republican too - for tax-reasons. Only knobs like Bono preach social justice and caring about the poor and blah, blah and then skirt out on their taxes.

[www.theguardian.com]

Political Joke: In Cuba, they have Red Kool Aid...in the US they have Red Kool Aid and Blue Kool Aid...you know what the difference is? In Cuba they know it's Kool Aid.

Date: August 9, 2018 17:40

stickyfingers101
keefriff99
Rocky Dijon

Joe Perry went ballistic? Or Joey Kramer?

If I was as rich as them, I'd vote Republican too - for tax-reasons. Only knobs like Bono preach social justice and caring about the poor and blah, blah and then skirt out on their taxes.

[www.theguardian.com]

Political Joke: In Cuba, they have Red Kool Aid...in the US they have Red Kool Aid and Blue Kool Aid...you know what the difference is? In Cuba they know it's Kool Aid.
Joey Kramer did.

[www.blabbermouth.net]

Posted by: resotele ()
Date: August 9, 2018 20:10

winking smileyTyler will b e remembered for his daughter ...

Posted by: beachbreak ()
Date: August 10, 2018 00:13

I'm diggin' Joey K's batting gloves!

The guy in Bon Jovi wears them too.

Batter up!

Posted by: pt99 ()
Date: August 11, 2018 18:46

Yup they did I saw their reunion show

Date: August 12, 2018 00:47

[They're done arguing with you about whether the band broke up, Mr. Scarey.]

Date: August 12, 2018 23:02

huh?

Posted by: MrMibbs ()
Date: August 15, 2018 17:35

potus43
huh?
since you seem to like them so much If you are ever in sin city .... [www.usatoday.com]

Date: August 15, 2018 23:52

No thank you MissMibbs. He he

Posted by: hopkins ()
Date: August 30, 2018 22:04

[www.youtube.com]

Steven Tyler & Nuno Bettencourt - Brown Sugar (Official Audio)

sassy guitarist
drums leaden but what we were expecting....
steve does steve.
on very first listening it's certainly not something I wouldn[t enjoy on the radio.
i didn't expect a 2nd Coming, more like an homage.
if i want to be critical i'd attack the horn for not really being soul songs
with "hits' you could 'beliieve' but what I've got as a basis for comparison..
anyone silly enough, or just enjoy comparative analysis knew Steve was Steve,
and it was an homage. it's more vegasy than the Stones at their most Vegasy,
but the kid wanted to strut his stuff. it's overbearing in that department,
he knows about dynamics but missed the op, i think....
it's too much (here i go) of a leaden kinda square tribute...
but it is fun; i'll def play it a few more times. the guitar player means it and gets 'there' ...imo....it attracts me to find out more about him,
i really am out of the loop with his stuff. he does have feel; steve and the hornsz and the drums didn't, really. imo.
i'll listen more for the bass next time but you know...
it's a nice filler album cut. it's harmless; except full on scream all through sounda more to me like he was flashing his 'brand' vocally, than really
a soul cut. too bad because the guy has more facility than this...
in the big picture did he blow it? yes and no.

there were about 150 'hits' on youtube at the time I linked it here in this post.
should be interesting to track it,
tho maybe also on vimeo and others, i don't have any idea how to track various
video channel 'hits.'

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2018-08-30 22:15 by hopkins.

Date: August 30, 2018 22:19

It's not bad...a fun interpretation.

Nuno has been around forever.

Posted by: theimposter ()
Date: August 30, 2018 22:23

Blech. That was unnecessary. Christ, the production makes it sound like it was recorded in 1991 (and no, that's not a good thing).

Posted by: keithsman ()
Date: August 30, 2018 22:28

I love the vocal but the music itself is hideous, this needs Keith.smoking smiley

Muscle Shoals… Small Town, Big Sound - out September 28
Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: August 30, 2018 22:37

[www.facebook.com]

--

Trailer - [www.youtube.com]

TRACK LIST

1. The Road Of Love - Keb’ Mo’

2. I’d Rather Go Blind - Grace Potter

3. Brown Sugar - Steven Tyler & Nuno Bettencourt

4. Gotta Serve Somebody - Jamey Johnson, Willie Nelson, Chris Stapleton & Lee Ann Womack

5. Steal Away - Eli “Paperboy” Reed

6. Snatching It Back - Kid Rock

7. I’ll Take You There - Aloe Blacc

8. Cry Like A Rainy Day - Michael McDonald

9. True Love - Vince Gill & Wendy Moten

10. Come And Go Blues - Alison Krauss

11. Respect Yourself - Mike Farris with The Blind Boys of Alabama

12. Wild Horses - Alan Jackson

13. Mustang Sally - Brently Stephen Smith of Shinedown

14. We’ve Got Tonight - Chord Overstreet

15. Giving It Up For Your Love - Tom Johnston & Delbert McClinton

16. I Ain’t Easy To Love - Candi Staton with Jason Isbell & John Paul White

[www.billboard.com]

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: August 30, 2018 22:59

keithsman
I love the vocal but the music itself is hideous, this needs Keith.smoking smiley

And Charlie...

Date: August 30, 2018 23:53

Steven botches the lyrics a few times. The first time is likely deliberate. I thought he sounded terrible myself and the band was pedestrian. A pity.

Date: August 31, 2018 00:01

Koen
keithsman

And Charlie...

And Mick!

Posted by: hopkins ()
Date: August 31, 2018 00:06

well yeh; maybe he could have least given keith a call to find out he wouldn't talk with him. mayby he did. if you're bringing up Charles, well, that call's not going through.
ok, who's left. yeh Ron would not have hurt but nuno did fine. he really did!!
yo nuno; i'm gonna check you out son.
ok, who's left.

yeh, steve could maybe do harmonies or something,
whoooo MICK!! mick i love you man! tell BV to get me to a show son!!!
??
man, I don't wanna hear about it, you probably own that hotel,
and i can fly First Class son, I do NOT need my own fricken plane
with a giant cartoon. Some of us don't need babysitters, Michael.
yeh? yes I'm sure your 78th child will starve. forget it,

Goto Page: Previous1234567Next
Current Page: 5 of 7

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1822
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home