Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567Next
Current Page: 2 of 7
Re: Micks Descriptive Intros Of Band Members - Your Favourites
Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: July 29, 2018 17:35

colonial
Mick comes out with a lot of good ones in the Max 1991 video here's a couple missing 1 or 2 words I couldn't quite pick up

"Born in a pub in the _ Road" Mr Ronnie Wood
"The only guitar playing in a toilet _ _ _ and a long way from there" Keith Richards

"Born in a pub in the Old Kent Road" Mr Ronnie Wood..............if my memory's right

But, if Mick did say that he was wrong, according to wiki anyway..........apparently Ron was born in Hillingdon, west of London. The Old Kent road is East London..........[en.wikipedia.org]

Are you sure it wasn't 'Bill born in a pub', he was apparently born in Lewisham, the Old Kent road is just a mile or so North west of Lewisham.........

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 2018-07-29 17:48 by EddieByword.

Posted by: keithsman ()
Date: July 29, 2018 18:43

Seem to remember Mick introducing Keith as the Honky Tonk Man many times, and for a while he refereed to him as the Devil In The Dark Fur, but i might have that slightly wrong.

Love it in 81' when Mick introduces Bill Wyman as 39 and holding.winking smiley

Another time i think at El Mocambo Mick jokingly introduces the band and gets to Ron and says Ronnie Woods Gay , then gets to Keith and says Keith of course is completely straight, then i think Keith grabs the microphone and says and old bums rush Jagger here. Just the boys mucking around having a bit of fun but would be out of place these days with the political correct brigade being all snowflake and offended by it.

Edit . Just remembered another one where a drunk Ronnie takes the mic from Mick running his fingers through Micks hair and says something like "Look , no hairs, Mick Jagger." . Didn't seem to make any sense though, so maybe i remember this wrong. winking smiley

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2018-07-29 18:53 by keithsman.

Posted by: mickjagger1009 ()
Date: July 29, 2018 19:31

During the 81 tour... "39 and holding... Bill Wyman"

"You'll be studying history and you'll be down the gym. And I'll be down the pub, probably playing pool and drinking."

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: July 29, 2018 19:59

Ronnie "Wings" Wood. Buffalo 2015

Posted by: colonial ()
Date: July 29, 2018 20:44

EddieByword
colonial
Mick comes out with a lot of good ones in the Max 1991 video here's a couple missing 1 or 2 words I couldn't quite pick up

"The only guitar playing in a toilet _ _ _ and a long way from there" Keith Richards

"Born in a pub in the Old Kent Road" Mr Ronnie Wood..............if my memory's right

But, if Mick did say that he was wrong, according to wiki anyway..........apparently Ron was born in Hillingdon, west of London. The Old Kent road is East London..........[en.wikipedia.org]

Are you sure it wasn't 'Bill born in a pub', he was apparently born in Lewisham, the Old Kent road is just a mile or so North west of Lewisham.........

EddieByWord..It sounded like Elgin Road you have a listen to the Max 1991 video if only it had an subtitles option

Posted by: Harlem Shuffler ()
Date: July 29, 2018 20:52

colonial
EddieByword
colonial

EddieByWord..It sounded like Elgin Road you have a listen to the Max 1991 video if only it had an subtitles option

It's the Old Kent Road but it's not to be taken literally. I'm sure he just means Ronnie is a London geezer and with Ronnie's drinking at the time it's even more apt.

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: July 29, 2018 20:59

Just been listening to Hampton Coliseum:

On the sax, Ernie Watts!
On the drums (no relation), Charlie Watts!

Posted by: buttons67 ()
Date: July 29, 2018 21:10

didnt he call ronnie wood gay in love you live.

Posted by: triceratops ()
Date: July 29, 2018 21:29

keefriff99
Always liked the Wembley whammer.

Charlie has got to be the most reluctant tourer among the four Stones. He does not need or want the hassle. This is why Mick is flatter flatter flattering Charlie. To keep him coming back for some more/ Tours that is.

If Charlie is having a bad or tired or back achey day. When Mick (charmer that he is) calls Charlie the Wembley whammer, within one minute Charlie feels great and is cured of all human ailments, short comings, and regrets.

It's really a form of hypnosis that should be studied at universities such as Oxford. This is called Sir Mick's Mind Over Matter.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2018-07-29 21:31 by triceratops.

Posted by: triceratops ()
Date: July 29, 2018 21:33

Green Lady
Just been listening to Hampton Coliseum:

On the sax, Ernie Watts!
On the drums (no relation), Charlie Watts!

Score! But too bad - sad that Mick jinxed England with "England Lost"

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: July 29, 2018 21:57

Harlem Shuffler
colonial
EddieByword
colonial

It's the Old Kent Road but it's not to be taken literally. I'm sure he just means Ronnie is a London geezer and with Ronnie's drinking at the time it's even more apt.

That sounds about right.........thumbs up

Posted by: Bastion ()
Date: July 29, 2018 22:17

keithsman
would be out of place these days with the political correct brigade being all snowflake and offended by it

Not really. I guess if you think that gay is a derogatory term. That’s not “being a snowflake” as you deem it.
Boy I can’t wait until your generation dies out and mine becomes the dominant one. A brighter future indeed.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2018-07-29 22:22 by Bastion.

Date: July 30, 2018 00:06

keithsman
Seem to remember Mick introducing Keith as the Honky Tonk Man many times, and for a while he refereed to him as the Devil In The Dark Fur, but i might have that slightly wrong.

Love it in 81' when Mick introduces Bill Wyman as 39 and holding.winking smiley

Another time i think at El Mocambo Mick jokingly introduces the band and gets to Ron and says Ronnie Woods Gay , then gets to Keith and says Keith of course is completely straight, then i think Keith grabs the microphone and says and old bums rush Jagger here. Just the boys mucking around having a bit of fun but would be out of place these days with the political correct brigade being all snowflake and offended by it.

Edit . Just remembered another one where a drunk Ronnie takes the mic from Mick running his fingers through Micks hair and says something like "Look , no hairs, Mick Jagger." . Didn't seem to make any sense though, so maybe i remember this wrong. winking smiley

Ronnie grabbed the mic during the El Mocambo intros smiling smiley

Posted by: StonedRambler ()
Date: July 30, 2018 00:11

Düsseldorf 2014 - "tolles shirt Ronnie, gibt's das auch für Männer?"

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-07-30 00:12 by StonedRambler.

Posted by: keithsman ()
Date: July 30, 2018 00:45

Bastion
keithsman
would be out of place these days with the political correct brigade being all snowflake and offended by it

Not really. I guess if you think that gay is a derogatory term. That’s not “being a snowflake” as you deem it.
Boy I can’t wait until your generation dies out and mine becomes the dominant one. A brighter future indeed.

I was referring to Ronnie as it turns out saying "and hear's old bums rush Jagger", and you can have your future mate, you deserve it.

BTW you are confusing me with someone who gives a damn.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-07-30 00:53 by keithsman.

Posted by: MisterO ()
Date: July 30, 2018 01:09

Do you remember when Ronnie was on that boat that caught fire in South America back in the 90's? He was actually rescued by paparazzi. I was at the show that followed that in Syracuse, NY and here's how Mick introduced Ronnie..

"Here he is, Straight out of the water,....Zany.....Crazy.....Slimy..Ronnie Wood!!"

LOL

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: July 30, 2018 01:12

"Oh by the way if there's eeerrrr Crashbox Lust
out there, Im looking for ya baby ….."

…………………………… Keith Richards -- 1 March 2003 -- Rod Laver Arena Melbourne

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: July 30, 2018 02:12

keithsman

The "in Dark Fur" was actually "of Dartford."

These guys have done everything every possible way. They can joke about it and still sing "When the Whip Comes Down" in concert. They're not using the words as hateful slurs expressing contempt for a segment of society. It's more a form of male-bonding the same as Keith's comments about most of the Winos being black or Bo Diddley and Jerome trading insults on various sides for Checker. They're not meant to hurt. Quite the opposite actually. To your point, can some people view it as offensive? Sure. Look at Jesse Jackson's reaction to "Some Girls" and then contrast it with Garrett Morris' reaction. Both viewpoints are valid. Some are in on the joke and some aren't. That's nothing new for today's younger generation. That's just human nature.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-07-30 02:13 by Rocky Dijon.

Date: July 30, 2018 04:00

-

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2018-07-30 04:35 by ThroughTheLonelyNights.

Date: July 30, 2018 04:34

slewan
"Der Meister der Kehrwoche: Ronnie Wood" (Stuttgart 30.6.18) (and the schwäbischen Spießer laughed but didn't get the fact that Jagger was poking fun at them)

"Er ist arm, aber sexy - Ronnie Wood" (Berlin 22.6.18, "arm aber sexy" (poor but sexy) is a phase coined by a former Berlin mayor and has become some kind of inoffical slogan for Berlin).

by the way: Jagger never seems to change the way he introduces Keith

On this Tour: "Meister of Kehrwoche"
for Ronnie in Stuttgart is my favorite, too.

That was tooo good.....not only an insider joke for the locals but a very good description of the mentality around Stuttgart, that not many Germans are familiar with!....
(and yes, die schwäbischen Spießer were laughing about it, but because they do the Kehrwoche and anything else so accurately, they were probably able to afford those high ticket prices to fill the stadium up... ;-))

Anyway, it´s not that "common knowledge" for Germans like for example "arm aber sexy" like he was introduced in Berlin and that makes it special for me.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-07-30 04:35 by ThroughTheLonelyNights.

Posted by: DrSnuggles ()
Date: July 30, 2018 04:37

"From the Mercedes Benz Museum....Charlie Watts" Stuttgart 2018

MB Museum is just 100 meters from the Arena.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-07-30 04:38 by DrSnuggles.

Posted by: hopkins ()
Date: July 30, 2018 05:48

i guess the Wembly Whammer is my favorite classic Mick intro line, tho I've laughed out loud at dozens of them; i love those intros; the crowds sure do too.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-07-30 05:49 by hopkins.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: July 30, 2018 06:34

Always have enjoyed the Ronnie intros.. but would vote for
Charlie "Boom Boom" Watts as my fave.. so good it really should be his official RS name.

Funniest "muffed" intro I witnessed was at the legendary, epic, fantastic spinning smiley sticking its tongue out Vegas '16 show, where when introducing Charlie, Mick started in with a story about how Charlie had been hanging with The Midnight Idol himself (Wayne Newton) while there, and before he could continue with the bit, Charlie scurried from behind the drums to run out to stop him, as Wayne was in the crowd apparently not wanting the attention.. cool smiley

Posted by: Roscoe ()
Date: July 30, 2018 06:57

Harlem Shuffler
I think he called Ronnie a wolf in women's clothing at Wembley Stadium. Bridges to Babylon tour?

Yes, Bridges to Babylon tour. But here in the States it was "and wearing a beautiful ladies' blouse, Ronnie Wood". grinning smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-07-30 21:59 by Roscoe.

Posted by: lem motlow ()
Date: July 30, 2018 08:18

The El Macambo intros are pretty damn funny.Mick was messing with everyone during those shows.he threw a bucket of water on the first few rows filled with press people and was generally having a blast.
I didn’t get the teasing of Billy until years later.”stroke me Billy,stroke me darling”
Which reminds me,a note for our younger viewers -when Mick says “Keith of course is completely straight” in the 70s “straight” meant someone who didn’t get high or do drugs.The shows were recorded during the Toronto incident,hence the reference.

Date: July 30, 2018 08:29

Rockman
"Oh by the way if there's eeerrrr Crashbox Lust
out there, Im looking for ya baby ….."

…………………………… Keith Richards -- 1 March 2003 -- Rod Laver Arena Melbourne

thumbs up

Date: July 30, 2018 09:49

An early Ronnie '75 intro..

"On guitar from The Faces pop group" Ron Wood

Date: July 30, 2018 09:54

"From a quiet vicarage somewhere in Gloucestershire" Matt Clifford

Posted by: dead.flowers ()
Date: July 30, 2018 10:19

Berlin 2018

On drums ... der Tambourmajor ... Charlie Watts (German for drum major)

Posted by: witterings ()
Date: July 30, 2018 10:24

......and on the Saxophone and the Tequila, Bobby Keys ..............

US- Tour 1972

It`s nice to be here, .....

Goto Page: Previous1234567Next
Current Page: 2 of 7

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1439
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home