Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Jade Jagger on her unconventional family
Posted by: Bliss ()
Date: July 29, 2018 08:13

steffialicia
Bliss
Rip This
Bliss
The self-description is a little misleading. Jade got her job at Asprey's because of Mick's friendship with the chairman Lawrence Stroll. Much of her jewellery designs are copied from antique Indian pieces. But her work must have some merit.

On another note, her son is certainly very beautiful.

you sound.....pathetically envious or just petty and mean with that statement...sorry.

I'm neither envious nor are you sorry. But if you do an image search of antique Indian jrewellery and Jade's pieces, you will see some real 'similarities'. Jade has no design qualifications. Do you think she could have gotten a directorship of a company like Asprey's, which has a royal warrant on her own?

What do you say about Stella McCartney? Parentage may get you in the door but that's about it.

From Stella's bio - "McCartney became interested in designing clothes as a youth. At age thirteen, she designed her first jacket. Three years later, she interned for Christian Lacroix, working on her first haute couture collection, honing her skills working for Edward Sexton, her father's Savile Row tailor for a number of years.

She studied her foundation at Ravensbourne College of Design and Communication, followed by Fashion Design at Central Saint Martins in the early 1990s: she graduated in 1995. "

Central Saint Martins is the premier school for fashion design in the UK. It is very difficult to gain a place and highly competitive once you are there.

I admire Stella for her rare stance on not using leather and fur in her designs.

No doubt her family connections got her her early internships but I think it's clear that her subsequent achievements were a result of her own efforts and talent.

Posted by: lem motlow ()
Date: July 29, 2018 09:11

I could never understand people getting angry at rich people for being rich.All of the Stones kids are trust fund babies as are all of the children of your favorite rock stars.big deal,they’re not living off your tax dollars and their parents provided you with a lifetime of entertainment.
The merits of Micks kids jewelry making doesn’t effect my life one way or the other,if you don’t like the shit don’t buy it.

I always remember a picture I saw of Jade when she was little painting with Andy Warhol,it looked so innocent and normal. I couldn’t help but wonder when in her life she realized exactly who mom,dad and uncle Andy were to the rest of the world.

Her daughter,I think Assisi had a funny quote awhile back when an interviewer asked her what it was like to have Mick Jagger as a grandfather and if she called him grandpa?she said “you don’t call Mick Jagger grandpa,we call him Mick.

Posted by: Leonioid ()
Date: July 29, 2018 09:49

what it was like to have Mick Jagger as a grandfather and if she called him grandpa?
she said “you don’t call Mick Jagger grandpa,we call him Mick.

That is awesome stuff... really awesome cool smiley

Posted by: Leonioid ()
Date: July 29, 2018 09:59

Mick! smileys with beer

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: July 29, 2018 12:25

lem motlow
I could never understand people getting angry at rich people for being rich

That is generalizing. I think people reacts when they are told how brilliant some celebrity kids are. Because they are aware that: a) it's often an exaggeration, b) these kids are born with a silver spoon in their mouth.
One might think that it's unfair of them to react this way.That they are only jealous of rich people. Fair enough. But that's also only an opinion. Often heard from the right side of the political spectrum.

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: July 29, 2018 12:34

Leonioid
what it was like to have Mick Jagger as a grandfather and if she called him grandpa?
she said “you don’t call Mick Jagger grandpa,we call him Mick.

That is awesome stuff... really awesome cool smiley

I like ‘Grandpappy’

Date: July 29, 2018 13:11

It was already a great party in the bar at the Raffles Hotel in Warsaw after the gig earlier this month and then I find myself standing at the bar next to Jade. We have a conversation of sorts (!) at some point during which she spotted my pit wristband and enquired "are you a superfan"? Before having a chance to reply she added "I dont know anyone who has one of those"! I guess her gang didn't need them..... Anyway, she was very cool and was certainly enjoying the party as were we all....

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1558
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home