Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Jade Jagger on her unconventional family
Posted by: Bliss ()
Date: July 26, 2018 19:33

Re: Jade Jagger on her unconventional family
Posted by: 35love ()
Date: July 26, 2018 19:55

Wonderful. I think very highly of her. I love this bio from her page, so smart.

ABOUT JADE

Born in Paris in 1971, Jade Jagger has since carved a feted reputation as an artist, creative director and visionary jeweller.

Jade’s childhood coincided with the halcyon days of the pop art scene in New york. Andy Warhol’s ‘The Factory’ inspired and nurtured Jade’s talent for painting. It was he who famously said, “I love Mick and Bianca, but Jade’s more my speed. I taught her how to color and she showed me how to play Monopoly. She was four and I was forty-four.”

“I LOVE MICK AND BIANCA, BUT JADE’S MORE MY SPEED.
I TAUGHT HER HOW TO COLOR AND SHE SHOWED ME HOW TO PLAY MONOPOLY. SHE WAS FOUR AND I WAS FORTY-FOUR.”
ANDY WARHOL

Jade began her career as an artist I the late 1980’s. After studying painting in Florence she held numerous successful exhibitions of her works before her freewheeling entrepreneurial spirit led her to set up Jade Inc, applying a colourful, bohemian aesthetic to one-of-a-kind jewellery pieces. Her jewellery was initially available exclusively through Paul Smith stores around the world. The response from clients and press was overwhelming and led to an impressive international list of stockists including Maxfields, Bergdorf Goodman, Barneys, Collette, Browns, The Cross and a La Mode amongst others. Jade Inc had become a global business.

Jade’s critical and commercial success did not go unnoticed by Asprey & Garrard and in September 2000 she was appointed fine jeweller to the House seeing out a successful seven-year creative directorship to the worlds oldest luxury brand and bringing it successfully into the 21st century with timeless collections including the signature Wing design which remains a best selling collection for the House. Jade designed and opened Garrard stores in London, New York, Tokyo and L.A.

In 2004 Jade and her long standing design partner Tom Bartlett joined forces with John Hitchcox, Philippe Starck and yoo to design chic apartments internationally under the creative directorship ‘Jade Jagger for yoo’, the first being The Jade in New York. This was followed soon-after by The Lakes, a development in one of England’s most sought after country hideaways; the Cotswolds and has since designed living space for yoo projects for the Boglioni Hotel in Marrakech and has Four impressive apartment buildings in Mumbai underway.

In 2008 Jade’s design was again in the spotlight after a worldwide tour of the “Jagger Dagger” a precious ice pick made from white gold and lapis, designed especially for Belvedere Vodka.

Not only content with designing world famous interiors and jewellery, Jade then expanded into fashion, designing couture and luxury pieces which were sold alongside her jewellery at the first Jade Jagger store which launched in November 2009 on West London’s All Saints Road.

2010 saw Jade take on one of the most reputable design jobs of her career. To redesign the bottle of Guerlains most famous perfume – Shalimar. This included the making of two exceptional bejewelled bottles with handcrafted tops featuring an array of sapphires and polki diamonds and saw the following years sales up 42%.

In 2011 the opportunity came to re-design the label of Croix de Beaucaillou, one of Bordeaux’s greatest wines belonging to the brand, Chateau Ducru-Beaucaillou. Combining the elegance of Jades design with her vision of how this exquisite wine should be perceived and appreciated made for a beautifully received addition to the wine brand.

Now taking time to concentrate on her intricately crafted fine jewellery collection, Jade divides her business between her London store and India, taking inspiration from traditional Indian materials and reworking them for the contemporary customer.

Jade’s maverick sensibility, combining refined luxury and grounded values, has created the many facets for the Jade Jagger design brand.

[jadejagger.co.uk]

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: July 26, 2018 20:25

[www.Vogue.co.uk]

Is there a similarity between Ray (right in the picture) and his grandfather Mick or is it just an optical illusion?

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: July 26, 2018 20:51

-

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-07-26 21:08 by Stoneage.

Date: July 26, 2018 21:09

The self-description is a little misleading. Jade got her job at Asprey's because of Mick's friendship with the chairman Lawrence Stroll. Much of her jewellery designs are copied from antique Indian pieces. But her work must have some merit.

On another note, her son is certainly very beautiful.

Date: July 26, 2018 23:40

I sincerely love her jewelry as I prefer REAL stones
Ha ha
no shopping for me,
otherwise I would certainly purchase and wear.
Yes,
beautiful children —
Happy Birthday Mick

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: July 27, 2018 00:30

Ray does look very like Mick, to me. Lovely family.

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: July 27, 2018 02:09

Mother and daughter pregnant at the same time, unconventional?.............Not round where I live, de rigueur for centuries*.................she live a sheltered life........smoking smiley ................................................(*now and again by the same father............spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2018-07-27 04:14 by EddieByword.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: July 27, 2018 02:25

Met Jade in Paris last year … swisheeeeee … bubbleeee … friendleeee … ssssexual

ROCKMAN

Posted by: SKILLS ()
Date: July 27, 2018 05:10

I never knew anything about her, and we were very close in age. Cool career she's made for herself. This article made me google Bianca, and wow what a whirlwind of a woman, railing for Human Rights, denouncing Dictators...Very impressive energy and personal commitment. Christmas must be cool with all the opinions and intelligence. "Mum! Grandma and Granddad are discussing Biafra Again, and we all know how this ends"

Posted by: Leonioid ()
Date: July 27, 2018 05:29

Bliss
Jade

awwww, that is a very very nice story.

I am very happy for them... all of them.
It is nice to read what good families are like... conventional or not.

Thank you for sharing smiling smiley

Date: July 27, 2018 10:18

SKILLS
I never knew anything about her, and we were very close in age. Cool career she's made for herself. This article made me google Bianca, and wow what a whirlwind of a woman, railing for Human Rights, denouncing Dictators...Very impressive energy and personal commitment. Christmas must be cool with all the opinions and intelligence. "Mum! Grandma and Granddad are discussing Biafra Again, and we all know how this ends"

From Bianca's look of utter discomfort and contempt at Jade's wedding, I imagine she limits her contact with her ex to the bare minimum. Either that or she hates Jade's husband.

Posted by: SKILLS ()
Date: July 27, 2018 12:09

I don't speculate on family dynamics mate, I'm just having a laugh

Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: July 28, 2018 01:41

Bliss
The self-description is a little misleading. Jade got her job at Asprey's because of Mick's friendship with the chairman Lawrence Stroll. Much of her jewellery designs are copied from antique Indian pieces. But her work must have some merit.

you sound.....pathetically envious or just petty and mean with that statement...sorry.

Posted by: KatieGirl ()
Date: July 28, 2018 03:28

Rip This
Bliss

you sound.....pathetically envious or just petty and mean with that statement...sorry.

Sometimes the truth is ugly.

Date: July 28, 2018 04:12

I think the flattering CV posted creates reactions. Let's be diplomatic then. She's a rich woman and leads a life many rich women do. Designing, travel and taking care of her children. A charmed life. Because she can.
Would she have made it as a designer otherwise, without the celebrity status and the money? Probably not. But life is seldom fair. ...[“Whoever has will be given more, and he will have an abundance. Whoever does not have, even what he has will be taken away from him.” Bible, Matthew 13:12].

Date: July 28, 2018 07:33

My opinion is based on looking over her many different collections,
which have been created over years in various creative releases/themes,
always using literal authentic stones, ie: diamonds, rubies, emeralds,
sapphire, jade, etc.
All set in genuine gold or silver.
Sooooo
what’s not to like?!

Yes, I would purchase without knowing who specifically designed it,
the prices are good too!

I posted her bio because
IT’S AWESOME.

Date: July 28, 2018 10:58

Rip This
Bliss

I'm neither envious nor are you sorry. But if you do an image search of antique Indian jrewellery and Jade's pieces, you will see some real 'similarities'. Jade has no design qualifications. Do you think she could have gotten a directorship of a company like Asprey's, which has a royal warrant on her own?

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: July 28, 2018 16:05

Met Jade in Formentera two years ago. I was in a mate's bar watching a Euro 2016 match - Ireland beating Italy - and from the corner of my eye, saw someone approach my table. I thought 'oh no', I'm watching the match. And then I female voice said to me'haven't I just seen you at a little beach bar' round the corner.
I looked up and it was Jade. I nearly froze and said, yes, that was me. My mate knew how much I loved the Stones and had set me up - and then invited me over to join him, Jade and her partner Adrian for some ice cold Vodkas. A very nice, grounded and charming lady.

Date: July 28, 2018 17:50

Yes, Dagger. She seems like a nice person. Only a nice person would do something like that. I have seen her on Swedish television (I think it was a fashion program) and she gave a good impression.

Posted by: triceratops ()
Date: July 28, 2018 18:08

Bliss
Jade

She's a mega flake. I suppose she grew up more with mother Bianca than with Mick. Post divorce etc etc.

Date: July 28, 2018 18:24

triceratops
Bliss
Jade

She's a mega flake. I suppose she grew up more with mother Bianca than with Mick. Post divorce etc etc.

Wow. Why would you say something like that? A mother of 3, who works?
That’s a bogus statement.

Date: July 28, 2018 18:54

Okey, looking at design then. What would you call her daughter's (and granddaughter) dressing style? Is it bohemian chic or gypsy style?

Date: July 28, 2018 19:00

Stoneage
Okey, looking at design then. What would you call her daughter's (and granddaughter) dressing style? Is it bohemian chic or gypsy style?

Are you asking me? I am not ‘up on latest styles’
I see gorgeous children dressed for a photo shoot, with designer clothes being worn and then credited in the pictures.

Posted by: angee ()
Date: July 28, 2018 19:07

I think Ray resembles Mick's son Devereaux, more as Dev grows older.

Thanks for the topic.

~"Love is Strong"~

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: July 28, 2018 19:17

Much respect for Jade Sheena Jezebel Jagger.

Growing up with more media spotlight on her personal life than her siblings, she not only survived the excesses of the eighties, hers and her parents,
but thrived despite the media attention on her parents very public divorce and carrying on.

Having an "unconventional family" (grandkids older than my youngest child etc.) myself, I applaud her and credit her (and Mick) for helping keep the family tight knit and grounded.
Inspirational.

Posted by: Leonioid ()
Date: July 28, 2018 21:23

MisterDDDD
Much respect for Jade Sheena Jezebel Jagger.

Growing up with more media spotlight on her personal life than her siblings, she not only survived the excesses of the eighties, hers and her parents,
but thrived despite the media attention on her parents very public divorce and carrying on.

Having an "unconventional family" (grandkids older than my youngest child etc.) myself, I applaud her and credit her (and Mick) for helping keep the family tight knit and grounded.
Inspirational.
thumbs up You can say that again!

Cheers Jade! smileys with beer Your story is inspiring!

Posted by: steffialicia ()
Date: July 28, 2018 22:50

Bliss
Rip This
Bliss

I'm neither envious nor are you sorry. But if you do an image search of antique Indian jrewellery and Jade's pieces, you will see some real 'similarities'. Jade has no design qualifications. Do you think she could have gotten a directorship of a company like Asprey's, which has a royal warrant on her own?

What do you say about Stella McCartney? Parentage may get you in the door but that's about it.

Posted by: triceratops ()
Date: July 28, 2018 23:50

35love
triceratops
Bliss
Jade

Wow. Why would you say something like that? A mother of 3, who works?
That’s a bogus statement.

I give her credit for the three children but the snippets I have read about her through the years....... with these I see her as a mega flake. What's her work? Jewelry?

Posted by: ROPENI ()
Date: July 29, 2018 03:59

A few years back,my daughter who lives in New York and works in the fashion industry,attended a party and sitting in her table was Jade Jagger,my daughter was raised on The Stones,so immediately they hit it off,my daughter calls me and says hi dad,someone would like to say hello,this girl comes on and says hi lam Jade Jagger,l was speechless for a moment,said hello and don't know what else l mumbled,my daughter showed her some of my Stones pictures taking thru the years,Jade said she like them and wanted to show them to her dad,don't know if she did,anyway after the party they shared a cab to their places,and during the whole ride they were singing Miss You at full volume,according to my daughter they had a blast,and to this day they still talk every once in a while..

"No dope smoking no beer sold after 12 o'clock"

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1821
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home