Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Newark 2012 Pay-per-view in HD on youtube
Posted by: yeababyyea ()
Date: July 21, 2018 14:24

I found this recent upload of the Newark 2012 Pay-per-view show, and the audio quality is crisper than I remember it as back when I watched it live. Three songs are missing though. In hindsight I must say this was probably one of the better shows since the 2012 return, great version of Jumping Jack Flash.

video: [www.youtube.com]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2018-07-21 14:25 by yeababyyea.

Re: Newark 2012 Pay-per-view in HD on youtube
Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: July 21, 2018 14:37

dead....risen from the dead...lol..

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-12-15 17:35 by Rip This.

Posted by: Lorenz ()
Date: July 21, 2018 14:49

It's still up. pretty cool

Posted by: odean73 ()
Date: July 21, 2018 16:53

Thanks.

Posted by: 2120Joe ()
Date: July 21, 2018 17:50

Thanks for letting us know, I loved this show! The Newark shows were my fist attendance in too long as the band had taken a few year break.

I love the Going Down cover (starts at 21:20) with John Mayer and Gary Clark Jr. Also having the Black Keys including two full drum sets on stage stands out (starts at 42:00). The Stones then launch into Doom and Gloom and One More Shot, both were new to me live. Four new to me songs in one show was a real treat. Hopefully again later this year!

Posted by: beachbreak ()
Date: July 22, 2018 00:22

Listened to Midnight Rambler with good headphones.

Mick Taylor adds such an energy with his playing and it really makes the song sound fresh.

Great guitar player, period.

Posted by: powerage78 ()
Date: July 22, 2018 00:36

Mick Taylor always focus.
He's playing. Nothing else.
No posing. No good jokes with peal of laughter.

I'm just a Bad Boy Boogie

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: July 22, 2018 03:58

I remember watching it with dread, seeing what Keith had become. I thought they'd done him a great disservice putting him out there in front of millions of people. He looked like the once great Ali helpless against Holmes. I was impressed by how on fire Ronnie was. Overall it was disappointing, especially after waiting like 7 years to see then live.

Posted by: tommycharles ()
Date: July 22, 2018 04:36

Great stage. And great attempt at paring things back with just the 4 principles and Chuck and Darryl on stage in the beginning.

One trend I dislike which started (or I guess resumed from the 70s/80s) with this tour is the announcer. The Steel Wheels-present approach where the background music stops and suddenly the band is on stage is so much more dramatic.

Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: July 22, 2018 09:43

24FPS
I remember watching it with dread, seeing what Keith had become. I thought they'd done him a great disservice putting him out there in front of millions of people. He looked like the once great Ali helpless against Holmes. I was impressed by how on fire Ronnie was. Overall it was disappointing, especially after waiting like 7 years to see then live.

I agree, although that made me so much happier when I finally saw them in Philly 2 6 months later and Keith @#$%& destroyed. I didn't think he had it in him.

Date: July 22, 2018 10:52

powerage78
Mick Taylor always focus.
He's playing. Nothing else.
No posing. No good jokes with peal of laughter.

Er, did you see the 2012-shows? grinning smiley

Posted by: Leonioid ()
Date: July 22, 2018 11:13

yeababyyea
I found this recent upload of the Newark 2012 Pay-per-view show, and the audio quality is crisper than I remember it as back when I watched it live. Three songs are missing though. In hindsight I must say this was probably one of the better shows since the 2012 return, great version of Jumping Jack Flash.

video: [www.youtube.com]

Thanks yeababyyea, great share

1.8GB... grab it while the gettin is good.
Thanks again Eddie for one of the best tips ever! UdaMan!

Posted by: beachbreak ()
Date: July 23, 2018 03:18

One trend I dislike which started (or I guess resumed from the 70s/80s) with this tour is the announcer. The Steel Wheels-present approach where the background music stops and suddenly the band is on stage is so much more dramatic.

Agreed!

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: July 23, 2018 03:29

beachbreak

Agreed!

For me just the opposite.. LOVE having the announcement!!

Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: July 23, 2018 04:47

RollingFreak
24FPS

I agree, although that made me so much happier when I finally saw them in Philly 2 6 months later and Keith @#$%& destroyed. I didn't think he had it in him.
He did fine with this show though...gotta start somewhere.

Date: July 23, 2018 04:48

Which show was the one where Mick Taylor stalked Jagger around the stage all through Midnight Rambler, to the point where he must have told him to knock it off?

Posted by: tommycharles ()
Date: July 23, 2018 07:36

keefriff99
Which show was the one where Mick Taylor stalked Jagger around the stage all through Midnight Rambler, to the point where he must have told him to knock it off?

Pretty sure that was London 1.

Date: July 23, 2018 11:23

keefriff99

Before he went down on his knees..

I thought he did that on all the 2012-shows?

Posted by: RoughJusticeOnYa ()
Date: July 23, 2018 12:31

I must say I'm (completely) surprised -

I saw one of the two O² Arena shows in London (I realise this must sound increcibly blasé, but I can't remember whether it was the first or second, really... spinning smiley sticking its tongue out the one with Florence as guest!) and to me, they sounded rusty then - plus I was heavily shocked by how Keith sounded 'buried' in the mix, and was hardly audible. Mind you, that might have had something to do with the seats we were having; but in any case, a Stones gig that is nót driven by Keith's impromptu guitar dominance does temper my enthusiasm a bit. After the gigs I saw on the European Bigger Bang tour, that all were of dubious quality, and after a seven year draught, I was probably the most disappointed I have ever been after a Stones show. I was kinda getting to terms with the fact that is was all over (for me).

Just to say that I dion't have the fondest of memories of the 2012-stint.
(Hyde Park, the year after, was good fun as an event; and during the "14onFire" tour I gradually found my Stones enjoyment back. And '17 & '18 have been pure bliss... But all that's another story.)

Now hearing this Newark gig, I was stunned about how completely 'on the ball' the band really sounds. They have a consistent groove going; the balance between tightness & 'wobblyness' is simply perfect; and moreover - Keith sounds as the 'modern-day Keith' we all now now - no dominant wildness of the old days anymore - but steadily brilliant as he goes. His playing is solid, nuanced, and at times borderline fantastic.

Maybe I'm overreacting a bit; as you might have gathered, my expectations were a bit low.
But imo, this is a really, réally good gig (with a great setlist!)...

And oh yeah, again I felt the 'Taylor'-input is (hugely) overrated.
Ceterum censeo Carthaginem delendam esse...

Posted by: Doc ()
Date: July 23, 2018 12:33

RoughJusticeOnYa
I must say I'm (completely) surprised -

I saw one of the two O² Arena shows in London (I realise this must sound increcibly blasé, but I can't remember whether it was the first or second, really... spinning smiley sticking its tongue out the one with Florence as guest!) and to me, they sounded rusty then - plus I was heavily shocked by how Keith sounded 'buried' in the mix, and was hardly audible. Mind you, that might have had something to do with the seats we were having; but in any case, a Stones gig that is nót driven by Keith's impromptu guitar dominance does temper my enthusiasm a bit. After the gigs I saw on the European Bigger Bang tour, that all were of dubious quality, and after a seven year draught, I was probably the most disappointed I have ever been after a Stones show. I was kinda getting to terms with the fact that is was all over (for me).

Just to say that I dion't have the fondest of memories of the 2012-stint.
(Hyde Park, the year after, was good fun as an event; and during the "14onFire" tour I gradually found my Stones enjoyment back. And '17 & '18 have been pure bliss... But all that's another story.)

Now hearing this Newark gig, I was stunned about how completely 'on the ball' the band really sounds. They have a consistent groove going; the balance between tightness & 'wobblyness' is simply perfect; and moreover - Keith sounds as the 'modern-day Keith' we all now now - no dominant wildness of the old days anymore - but steadily brilliant as he goes. His playing is solid, nuanced, and at times borderline fantastic.

Maybe I'm overreacting a bit; as you might have gathered, my expectations were a bit low.
But imo, this is a really, réally good gig (with a great setlist!)...

And oh yeah, again I felt the 'Taylor'-input is (hugely) overrated.
Ceterum censeo Carthaginem delendam esse...

You saw the 2nd O2.
I was at the 1st, after having seen them at the Mogador theatre.
Rusty they slightly were, but great show overall. So good to see all the Stones still alive on a same stage.

Date: July 23, 2018 15:00

DandelionPowderman
keefriff99

I could have sworn I read that he was all over Jagger at the first show, and then it was scaled back a bit, and some here were speculating that Mick must have told him to tone it down.

Posted by: RaiseTheKnife ()
Date: July 24, 2018 01:52

-

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-07-24 08:40 by RaiseTheKnife.

Posted by: JN99 ()
Date: July 24, 2018 02:36

I like going back to this now, 6 years later (where does the time go?) and seeing the setlist and the couple new songs to keep things fresh. And I actually liked both Doom and Gloom and One More SHot, even though the latter felt heavily recycled, at least the opening SFM riff... That's what I need now after No Filter - one more shot!

Date: July 24, 2018 11:42

JN99
I like going back to this now, 6 years later (where does the time go?) and seeing the setlist and the couple new songs to keep things fresh. And I actually liked both Doom and Gloom and One More SHot, even though the latter felt heavily recycled, at least the opening SFM riff... That's what I need now after No Filter - one more shot!

thumbs up smileys with beer

Posted by: guyrachel ()
Date: July 25, 2018 19:23

I totally second this. I had exactly the same feelings, such a let down in 2012, but the shows this year have been really fantastic.

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: July 25, 2018 21:06

keefriff99
DandelionPowderman
keefriff99

I could have sworn I read that he was all over Jagger at the first show, and then it was scaled back a bit, and some here were speculating that Mick must have told him to tone it down.

Mere speculation. If Mick J. was bothered by Taylor playing the part for the song, he would have turned around and given him a humiliating belly-bump like he did Lisa.

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: July 25, 2018 22:05

My first though when I saw this on tv was: It really shows now. They are old. They don't measure up to the hype. The thrill is gone. Don't delude yourself.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: July 25, 2018 22:42

Loved these NY shows!

This may have been the only use of "Grrregory" that I thought worked really well.. The gorillas marching out pounding drumsticks while circling the arena was a very cool opening.. live at least. Except maybe for Chris Rock who looked kinda freaked out by the spectacle ( audience shot @ 1:10ish [youtu.be] )

Great show, and so good to have them back! Keith had aged a bit, but overall the whole band looked and played really well.

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: July 26, 2018 00:31

MisterDDDD
Loved these NY shows!

This may have been the only use of "Grrregory" that I thought worked really well.. The gorillas marching out pounding drumsticks while circling the arena was a very cool opening.. live at least. Except maybe for Chris Rock who looked kinda freaked out by the spectacle ( audience shot @ 1:10ish [youtu.be] )

We got the Gregory treatment with the USC Marching Band at the opening night of the 2013 Tour at Staples Center in Los Angeles.

Date: July 26, 2018 11:51

MisterDDDD
Loved these NY shows!

Great show, and so good to have them back! Keith had aged a bit, but overall the whole band looked and played really well.

I quite agree.

I thought Grrregory coming from the back, looking at us through the video screen, taping it with his finger, maybe was a bit 'tacky' but worked kinda well too... (for me - [ sheepishly smiling emoticon ] smoking smiley )

Overall: my estimation remains -

* '17/'18 way better than '12/'13
* Newark #3 (5th show) way better than London #1 & #2 (first two shows)
* This show (Newark #3) really, really good - exceeding my expectations.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1995
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home