Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3
Re: Goosebumb-Hair Standing on my Arms Stones Moments
Posted by: Duked ()
Date: July 22, 2018 20:16

For me: the original studio version and the Flashpoint version of Sympathy (Tokyo, January 1990).

Posted by: swimtothemoon ()
Date: July 23, 2018 00:26

Keith’s opening riff of Gimmie Shelter. Then when the drum and bass arrive like
a ominous thunderstorm approaching - perfection!

Re: Goosebump-Hair Standing on my Arms Stones Moments
Posted by: bam ()
Date: July 23, 2018 00:52

You Can't Always Get What You Want -- 1972, Chicago International Amphitheatre.

Posted by: beachbreak ()
Date: July 23, 2018 03:15

Anytime Keith struts out onto the stage first and plays the opening riff!

Posted by: Valeswood ()
Date: July 23, 2018 13:51

My personal ones are

Angie - Leeds 1982. I had listened to Hampton 81 to death and seen 3 shows on this tour, so this was a real surprise
Brixton Academy 1995. The whole show, I felt like I had died and gone to rock n roll heaven
Star Star - Twickenham 2003. I had given up hope of ever seeing this played live. I was in such a state of shock that it took me about half way through the next song (I Just Want To Make Love To You) to recover.
Midnight Rambler with Mick Taylor x4 - I never believed that they could recreate that sound in the Vegas era. I was wrong.
O2 Arena 25.11.12 - The whole show again with a great setlist.
Street Fighting Man and Fool To Cry - London Stadium 1. SFM was a surprise opener and definitely had the 'wow' factor. Fool To Cry - I was bracing myself for Ruby Tuesday, Wild Horses or Angie and we got this. Magical!

Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: July 23, 2018 15:44

keefriff99
On record...

- The musical interlude in Monkey Man just before Mick comes back in
- Ry's bottleneck guitar in Sister Morphine and then Charlie's drum barrage kicks in
- Mick's vocals in Let In Loose when his voice starts cracking

These are spot on. To which I add.. not sure how to describe this.. but in Stray Cat Blues.. studio version.. you can 'hear' Keith chunking a riff low down in the song for almost all of it.

Then about a minute from the end it's bought up in the mix. It's a grinding little tough riff that just rises and rises and drives the song home. Tough, grinding little riff..Goosebumps.

Also, the part where Thru and Thru goes LOUD.

Rod

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-07-23 15:46 by bitusa2012.

Posted by: duke richardson ()
Date: July 23, 2018 15:55

Valeswood
My personal ones are

Angie - Leeds 1982. I had listened to Hampton 81 to death and seen 3 shows on this tour, so this was a real surprise
Brixton Academy 1995. The whole show, I felt like I had died and gone to rock n roll heaven
Star Star - Twickenham 2003. I had given up hope of ever seeing this played live. I was in such a state of shock that it took me about half way through the next song (I Just Want To Make Love To You) to recover.
Midnight Rambler with Mick Taylor x4 - I never believed that they could recreate that sound in the Vegas era. I was wrong.
O2 Arena 25.11.12 - The whole show again with a great setlist.
Street Fighting Man and Fool To Cry - London Stadium 1. SFM was a surprise opener and definitely had the 'wow' factor. Fool To Cry - I was bracing myself for Ruby Tuesday, Wild Horses or Angie and we got this. Magical!

yep strongly agree with your assessment there. smiling smiley

Fool To Cry was magical, so well played. although I was hoping for Monkey Man, they apparently decided against it for this whole tour.. but FTC just is a beautiful soul ballad.

Date: July 23, 2018 15:57

jumpontopofmebaby
Every time I first walk in to an arena or a stadium and see their stage

Agreed

Also the time in opened my Lucky Dip and it was Pit B

Posted by: Doc ()
Date: July 23, 2018 16:07

To name the most obvious ones

1995 - Olympia : my first Midnight Rambler, awesome version (but the whole show gave me goosebumps)
2003 - Cirkus Krone : The Nearness Of You
2003 - Worried about you at each club show I attended
2018 - Marseille : Fool To Cry

Date: July 23, 2018 17:02

Seeing Mick Taylor back in the fold in Philly 2013 playing Midnight Rambler. Also at the same concert - Keith's solo for SFTD - it was LOUD and right on the money....

Date: July 23, 2018 21:19

To do it simple, and because i'm too lazy to dig in my memories, every time they hit the stage, including the last 2 minutes before that. A massive and unbeatable shoot of adrenaline.

Posted by: Gigbag ()
Date: July 24, 2018 00:10

23 July 2006

Cologne opening with JJF.

Blew me away.

Posted by: Midnight Toker ()
Date: July 24, 2018 02:28

July 9,1975 LA Forum -My 1st concert. "Honky Tonk Women" as the lotus stage unfolded. That was spectacular.
Oct 19,1994 LA Coliseum. Front Row.Voodoo Lounge Tour
Nov 9,1997. Dodger Stadium LA. Row 10 center stage- "Satisfaction" Keith walks out and plays the into to "Satisfaction"
Oct 30,2005. Olympic Peninsula Hotel, Seattle, WA. Meeting and talking to Ronnie Wood
Oct 16,2006.Olympic Peninsula Hotel, Seattle, WA. Meeting and talking Keith Richards

Posted by: JN99 ()
Date: July 24, 2018 02:38

beachbreak
Anytime Keith struts out onto the stage first and plays the opening riff!

Yeah, this gets me every time! None more so than my one trip into the tongue pit in Philly. I honestly thought that'd be the last time I'd see them live too but happily that wasn't to be the case.

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: July 24, 2018 03:28

masseywinos
Like everybody the first time. I'm 51 and although I have been a fan since the seventies my first show was in 89 in Toronto. I still remember like it was yesterday the build up with Continental Drift then the loud flashpots and Start Me Up.
The other one was seeing Keith at tiny Massey Hall in 93. Had a great afternoon at the Hard Rock with a couple of great friends who are huge fans. I still get chills when I think of Keith strutting out to start the show.
Obviously there have been many others but those 2 really stand out for me.

Wow, you and I are very similar! First show was 89 in Vancouver and also saw Keith in 93 at the Orpheum in Vancouver, similar size to Massey!
In 82 when I bought Still Life, the opening chords to Under My Thumb sounded sooo awesome.

Posted by: StonedAsia ()
Date: July 24, 2018 04:08

jumpontopofmebaby
Every time I first walk in to an arena or a stadium and see their stage

Yep....and when the intro music ends with a bang and flash and the boys walking on stage.

Posted by: rcfoxy ()
Date: July 24, 2018 05:06

Whenever I have guests to my Voodoo Lounge I play Whoopi Goldberg's Miami intro...and without fail I get the goosebumps!

...I'm honoured and proud, to introduce the worlds great rock n roll band - ladies and gentlemen - THE ROLLING STONES!!

Cheers
Richard - In Another Land

Posted by: Anitapal82 ()
Date: July 24, 2018 08:07

Mick Taylor's guitar solo in I'm free from Oakland 1969. An Incredible solo and only played like this at a few shows on the tour.

Posted by: HalfNanker ()
Date: July 24, 2018 15:09

'89, in the 5th row. Shea Stadium.

the continental drift stuff stops and the front of the stage explodes with fireworks (pre-internet, so i had no idea that was about to happen!). I could feel the heat on my face.

Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: July 24, 2018 15:25

rcfoxy
Whenever I have guests to my Voodoo Lounge I play Whoopi Goldberg's Miami intro...and without fail I get the goosebumps!

...I'm honoured and proud, to introduce the worlds great rock n roll band - ladies and gentlemen - THE ROLLING STONES!!
That was a GREAT concert...I just wish the sound captured was better.

Posted by: yeababyyea ()
Date: July 24, 2018 15:57

- Charlie's drum intro on the studio version of Flip The Switch
- Everytime Ronnie plays the solo on Start Me Up

Too many to mention...

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: July 24, 2018 16:18

Under My Thumb intro on Still Life. Bam!

Posted by: Bliss ()
Date: July 24, 2018 16:39

This is something I remember - At the Voodoo Lounge show in Auckland, it was an outdoor concert at an arena, the night of a full moon in summer. When they broke into the opening chords of Sweet Virginia, I was so surprised that I burst into tears.

Date: July 24, 2018 17:51

I think Keith giving me a high five on the PPV at Prudential center did it for me.
Or in 2003 Ronnie shaking my hand and giving me a pick in San Diego.

Best one of all in 1994 at RFK stadium during the rehearsals when Mick walked by me in the backstage area and stopped to say hello and ask where I was from.

Then again having Bo Diddley autograph something for at the Miami PPV only to find out it was broadcast on MTV is pretty high up the list as well.

Posted by: Harlem Shuffler ()
Date: July 24, 2018 20:54

1973 Wenbley Arena. They temporarily stopped the show when a security guard was getting heavy with a member of the audience. I was there and it was written about in the NME. I bet Deltics has a copy in his archives...

Posted by: Bjorn ()
Date: July 24, 2018 21:07

Last two minutes of Cant turn you loose, Four Flicks...

Posted by: CaptainCorella ()
Date: July 25, 2018 01:46

Harlem Shuffler
1973 Wenbley Arena. They temporarily stopped the show when a security guard was getting heavy with a member of the audience. I was there and it was written about in the NME. I bet Deltics has a copy in his archives...

I was there!!! I'd love to see (or even hear) a recording of it to find out if my recollection of it is real.

Sitting fairly high up to one side I had quite a good view of it all.

--
Captain Corella
60 Years a Fan

Posted by: ThePaleRider ()
Date: July 25, 2018 06:07

LIVE
I thought about this for a while and if I had to pick the one golden moment that can give me an electric spring tingle almost every time...is that note-bending finale to Mick Taylor'ss blistering solo in Sympathy For The Devil on Ya-Ya's...right at the end...between 'Ahhh Yeah" and ''Ahhh Whooo,,,Ahhh Get on down!'

STUDIO
What else...Satisfaction opening riff...It never, ever fails to ignite...

Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: July 26, 2018 01:31

From Four Flicks:
All of Can’t Turn You Loose
JJF Olympia - Right when they end the first chorus. Great shakers by Bernard, Mick swings around on one leg starting the next verse.
JJF Twickenham - Mick yells Come On to Keith as he walks past him during the end jam. Keith follows him out the ramp, and it’s just awesome.

JumpingKentFlash

Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: July 26, 2018 02:26

Stuttgart 1999: The moment when Keith played SLIDE on You Got The Silver
(I never saw him playing slide before, not even in archive material).

I had goosebumps and wet eyes!

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1687
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home