Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123456Next
Current Page: 4 of 6
Re: OT: is NICK CAVE the best live-performer?
Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: February 20, 2020 19:07

US tour presale 10 AM Wednesday. AEG presale password: HOLLYWOOD

Date: February 20, 2020 19:44

oops! 10 AM Thursday!

Posted by: DEmerson ()
Date: February 20, 2020 22:16

There were also pre-sales yesterday (Wed.).

As mentioned throughout this thread, Nick Cave is an amazing, intense artist (if perhaps a bit of an acquired taste). I just bought a ticket to his Boston show. Sadly, he has made the leap from theaters to the arenas (although this US tour does still have some smaller venues, like the Fox in Atlanta) - and I do worry a bit about how the MUCH quieter Ghosteen and Skeleton Tree songs (his two most recent CDs, which primarily deal with the tragic death of his son), will go over in a hockey rink. Still - see him if you can. Incredible performer!

Date: February 20, 2020 22:34

DEmerson
There were also pre-sales yesterday (Wed.).

As mentioned throughout this thread, Nick Cave is an amazing, intense artist (if perhaps a bit of an acquired taste). I just bought a ticket to his Boston show. Sadly, he has made the leap from theaters to the arenas (although this US tour does still have some smaller venues, like the Fox in Atlanta) - and I do worry a bit about how the MUCH quieter Ghosteen and Skeleton Tree songs (his two most recent CDs, which primarily deal with the tragic death of his son), will go over in a hockey rink. Still - see him if you can. Incredible performer!

yesterday was american express & i couldn't do that one. i've seen him several times going way back. i got 2 GA tix for seattle. they will take care of me with the ADA seats @ the show. the venue in seattle is definitely on the small side for this tour. it will sell out fast. i'm excited but have to wait for october! have you seen Distant Sky? i think the quieter stuff will be fine in the larger setting.

Posted by: DEmerson ()
Date: February 20, 2020 23:30

Yes, I saw Distant Sky, and the other two films (20,000 Days on Earth, and One More Time With Feeling).
I've become quite the Nick convert over the past few years. He is awesome. Glad you got Seattle tix crholmstrom and good to hear that venue is on the smaller side. Boston, regrettably, is in a hockey rink - oh well, just happy I'll see him again. And like you said, to quote another guy, 'The waiting is the hardest part." ;-)

Posted by: Donnebr ()
Date: February 21, 2020 20:12

Just got a ticket for his show in Philadelphia in September

Date: April 8, 2020 12:45

EUROPEAN AND UK TOUR 2021 - RESCHEDULED DATES
Sat 10 April - Sportpaleis, Antwerp, Belgium
Sun 11 April - Ziggo Dome, Amsterdam, Netherlands
Tue 13 April - Utilita Arena, Birmingham, UK
Thu 15 April - The O2, London, UK
Fri 16 April - The O2, London, UK
Sun 18 April - First Direct Arena, Leeds, UK
Tue 20 April - The SSE Hydro, Glasgow, UK
Wed 21 April - Manchester Arena, Manchester, UK
Fri 23 April - 3Arena, Dublin, Ireland
Sat 24 April - 3Arena, Dublin, Ireland
Mon 26 April - Motorpoint Arena, Cardiff, UK
Wed 28 April - AccorHotels Arena, Paris, France
Thu 29 April - Lanxess Arena, Cologne, Germany
Sat 1 May - Royal Arena, Copenhagen, Denmark
Sun 2 May - Royal Arena, Copenhagen, Denmark
Tue 4 May - Ericsson Globe, Stockholm, Sweden
Wed 5 May - Spektrum, Oslo, Norway
Fir 7 May - Barclaycard Arena, Hamburg, Germany
Sat 8 May - Mercedes-Benz Arena, Berlin, Germany
Mon 10 May - Arena Gliwice, Gliwice, Poland
Wed 12 May - Stadthalle, Vienna, Austria
Thu 13 May - László Papp Budapest Sportaréna, Hungary
Sat 15 May - Stark Arena, Belgrade, Serbia
Mon 17 May - O2 Arena, Prague, Czech Republic
Wed 19 May - Olympiahalle, Munich, Germany
Thu 20 May - Mediolanum Forum, Milan, Italy
Sun 23 May - WiZink Center, Madrid, Spain
Mon 24 May - Altice Arena, Lisbon, Portugal
Thu 27 May - Palau Sant Jordi, Barcelona, Spain
Fri 28 May - Zénith Toulouse Métropole, Toulouse, France
Mon 31 May - Rome Palazzo dello Sport, Rome, Italy *
Thu 3 June - Hallenstadion, Zurich, Switzerland
Mon 7 June - Bloomfield Stadium, Tel Aviv, Israel

Posted by: mikey C ()
Date: April 8, 2020 22:00

One of the Best yes!!!!!!!! Well only one Year to go.....I remember the Stones Cancelled Brno 2006...Keith Coconut Tree Time....And they came back in 2007.....And now that is nearly 13 Year's ago!!!!! Time Flies!!!!!!! Be Well.M

Posted by: Happy24 ()
Date: April 8, 2020 22:14

Okay, my first concert for 2021. And I don't even have to buy a ticket. Cool.

Date: April 25, 2020 12:58

if anyone is looking for something different & want to explore, nick cave has started a 24/7 channel on youtube called bad seed teevee in support of stay at home orders. mix of videos, concerts, interviews. lots of good stuff.

Bad Seed Teevee

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-04-25 12:58 by crholmstrom.

Posted by: folon ()
Date: April 25, 2020 23:35

I watched it for 7 hours yesterday.

Date: April 25, 2020 23:45

folon
I watched it for 7 hours yesterday.

it's fantastic. there's a lot of stuff from the vaults that has never been released. & old favorites. is a nice gesture by Nick to his fans. he's 1 of my favorite artists.

Date: April 26, 2020 02:39

crholmstrom
if anyone is looking for something different & want to explore, nick cave has started a 24/7 channel on youtube called bad seed teevee in support of stay at home orders. mix of videos, concerts, interviews. lots of good stuff.

Bad Seed Teevee

Thank you! Watching...

Posted by: folon ()
Date: April 26, 2020 12:52

...I think that it repeats after 10 hours or so.... Some unreleased stuff incl. a 40 minute jam...

Date: April 26, 2020 13:09

folon
...I think that it repeats after 10 hours or so.... Some unreleased stuff incl. a 40 minute jam...

I think it is supposed to be random as far as what pops up when. I watched a lot yesterday at various times & didn't see many repeats. Some things show up in more than 1 place such as "Into My Arms" video plays by itself but is also in a documentary about making the album. Lot of very cool Grinderman stuff (Grinderman 3 please!). Also saw The Boys Next Door "Shiver" video & some live Birthday Party material. I can see a scenario where more material is added such as full concerts like the whole "Distant Sky" movie. With the lack of sports, etc it is good background noise while reading. Is a nice gesture by Nick for his fans I think'

Date: August 29, 2020 15:22

A little bit of old news but Nick Cave Bad Seeds North America Tour Canceled ........European Tour still on for Spring 2021....We Shall see...Finger's Crossed.Peace

Posted by: Toru A ()
Date: September 12, 2020 03:14

Date: February 26, 2021 11:53

Nick & Warren Ellis have dropped another surprise album. Only digital for now but cd & vinyl will be released in May. "Carnage" is another absolute stunner. At age 63, Nick just keeps getting better. Highly recommended.

Posted by: stargroover ()
Date: February 27, 2021 00:10

No

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: February 27, 2021 00:18

crholmstrom
Nick & Warren Ellis have dropped another surprise album. Only digital for now but cd & vinyl will be released in May. "Carnage" is another absolute stunner. At age 63, Nick just keeps getting better. Highly recommended.

I haven't listen to it yet, but I will.

Date: May 18, 2021 15:18

Finally some Good News Nick Cave Bad Seeds European Tour 2022.....Awhile to wait but it made my Day.....

Date: May 18, 2021 15:39

mikey C
Finally some Good News Nick Cave Bad Seeds European Tour 2022.....Awhile to wait but it made my Day.....

Hopefully we'll get some US dates soon. Nick's Red Hand Files solo tour was the last show I saw before the pandemic hit. Nick has plenty of great new material for a tour. It will be interesting to see what he does with the fairly sparse recent music live.

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: May 19, 2021 06:59

Festival date in Sweden. Aug 11-13. First Aid Kit too.

[www.wayoutwest.se]

Date: May 21, 2021 02:39

Presale already started at least for the 2 German dates 2022. Got tickets and hope everything will be good in 2022!

Posted by: RisingStone ()
Date: October 5, 2021 17:01

Saw Nick Cave & Warren Ellis performing soundtrack album Carnage in Stoke-On-Trent. Amazing performance. That was September 7, almost a month ago — I should have reported here then. And last night I saw them again in Glasgow. No tour fatigue shown, even more amazing performance, a sublime experience even. It is a full scale UK tour — a pity that the tickets don’t seem to sell well in regional areas. Maybe people just want The Bad Seeds rock show, but this is just as good as the best of the BS shows I have ever seen and I’m 100% confident to say that. Those who go see the RAH shows next two days are guaranteed to be in for a treat. And I tell you our European friends — they will come and play in Paris, Amsterdam and Antwerp in mid-October. If you can catch a show, just do it. This is a must-see and you won’t be disappointed.

[www.nickcave.com]

[N.B. The tour itinerary on the above link doesn’t put the added shows, Aberdeen 19/09, Glasgow 04/10 and Portsmouth 09/10.]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2021-10-05 17:31 by RisingStone.

Date: October 5, 2021 19:59

Wish he would tour US! sad smiley

Date: October 5, 2021 20:14

crholmstrom

You guys have the Stones right now, though.

The neighbours grass..? No, I want both!

Date: October 6, 2021 04:16

All glowing reviews:

[www.nme.com]

[theboar.org]

[louderthanwar.com]

[www.pressandjournal.co.uk]

[www.heraldscotland.com]

[www.liverpoolecho.co.uk]

[www.northamptonchron.co.uk]

Hand of God from Blackpool Opera House 10/09 and also Ipswich Regent Theatre 12/09 [one of many highlights as well as my personal highlight of the show]:

[www.youtube.com]

[www.youtube.com]

Date: October 6, 2021 05:33

RisingStone
crholmstrom

At this point (sans Charlie) I think if they were the same night I would go to Nick Cave. Also, wouldn't have to go into debt to see the Cave show. Just saying....I've seen the Stones well over 20 times going back to 1978 & I'm good with leaving it at the show I saw on the last tour. It was a really great one. I listened to the tape of the first show of this tour & wasn't too impressed. Ghost Town was good but the rest of it I wasn't wild about. I'll reserve judgement after I hear a few more shows. I will say that Keith's guitar sound is so heavily processed that it's hard to hear what he's actually playing. Probably works ok in person but it's noticeable on tape.

Date: October 6, 2021 17:10

crholmstrom
RisingStone
crholmstrom

At this point (sans Charlie) I think if they were the same night I would go to Nick Cave. Also, wouldn't have to go into debt to see the Cave show. Just saying....I've seen the Stones well over 20 times going back to 1978 & I'm good with leaving it at the show I saw on the last tour. It was a really great one. I listened to the tape of the first show of this tour & wasn't too impressed. Ghost Town was good but the rest of it I wasn't wild about. I'll reserve judgement after I hear a few more shows. I will say that Keith's guitar sound is so heavily processed that it's hard to hear what he's actually playing. Probably works ok in person but it's noticeable on tape.

I know the feeling. As much as I am an avid Stones fan, I would probably be more impressed by Cave & Ellis than the current Stones show, regardless of Charlie being there or not. Too much déjà vu, “been there done that” elements there. On the other hand, almost everything is new, untouched and refreshing about C&E show.

At the end of the day, though, I would probably catch both, one in my local area and the other somewhere else, depending on which comes to play near me.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-10-06 17:23 by RisingStone.

Goto Page: Previous123456Next
Current Page: 4 of 6

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1147
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home