Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123456
Current Page: 6 of 6
Re: OT: is NICK CAVE the best live-performer?
Posted by: RisingStone ()
Date: August 29, 2022 18:46

Nick Cave & the Bad Seeds, Sunday headliners of the All Points East festival in Victoria Park, London, absolutely smashed it last night. Now with the three backing singers from the Cave & Ellis “Carnage” tour last year joining in the force, the expanded Bad Seeds delivered one hell of a show for their only UK appearance of the European Summer tour. Cave in his signature “rock ‘n’ roll preacher” mode, his engagement with the audience was a form of pure dedication. As they finished the show with Ghosteen Speaks, Cave told the fans numerously, “Thank you very much, good night,” and then added after a pause, “We have some time. One more song,” which threw the crowd into euphoria, roars of delight rising from all over the place. The Weeping Song, the added bonus, capped the memorable evening. The show clocked over 2 hours and 15 minutes, a full set unlike a festive headlining slot that is more often than not truncated, which was a treat for the fans who missed the cancelled Ghosteen tour two years ago.

I’m so glad I traveled all the way to London.

[www.setlist.fm]

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: August 29, 2022 19:22

RisingStone
Nick Cave & the Bad Seeds, Sunday headliners of the All Points East festival in Victoria Park, London, absolutely smashed it last night. Now with the three backing singers from the Cave & Ellis “Carnage” tour last year joining in the force, the expanded Bad Seeds delivered one hell of a show for their only UK appearance of the European Summer tour. Cave in his signature “rock ‘n’ roll preacher” mode, his engagement with the audience was a form of pure dedication. As they finished the show with Ghosteen Speaks, Cave told the fans numerously, “Thank you very much, good night,” and then added after a pause, “We have some time. One more song,” which threw the crowd into euphoria, roars of delight rising from all over the place. The Weeping Song, the added bonus, capped the memorable evening. The show clocked over 2 hours and 15 minutes, a full set unlike a festive headlining slot that is more often than not truncated, which was a treat for the fans who missed the cancelled Ghosteen tour two years ago.

I’m so glad I traveled all the way to London.

[www.setlist.fm]

I hope we get the Bad Seeds in the US soon. I saw Nick & Warren recently & that was an amazing show also. I go back a long way with the Bad Seeds. BTW: I got a recent tape from Lithuania where they played 3 hours!

Posted by: NashvilleBlues ()
Date: August 29, 2022 19:58

Loved Birthday Party, too.

I need to see Nick Cave.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-08-29 19:59 by NashvilleBlues.

Date: August 30, 2022 14:37

NashvilleBlues
Loved Birthday Party, too.

I need to see Nick Cave.

Multiple times! He's always different. Last 3 shows for me: Bad Seeds (2016), Red Hand Files (solo, right before pandemic), with Warren Ellis recently. All very unique & awesome. With the Bad Seeds is ultimate though

Posted by: SonicDreamer ()
Date: August 30, 2022 22:49

I've been an admirer of Nick Cave's albums for 30 years but strangely never managed to see him live until Sunday night at Victoria Park. I was absolutely blown away by what was almost an evangelical performance. The Bad Seeds ensemble was at the top of their game.

Beyond the music, I was astonished at Nick's preparedness to interact physically with the audience. He routinely held peoples' hands, and not only fleetingly. He let himself fall into the crowd periodically and climbed down off the walkways to stand in the crowd several times. He'd let someone in the front row hold his mic while he struck a pose. In COVID-19 times, that tactile contact with fans was unparalleled in my experience.

If you like his albums and are curious to see him live, don't hesitate.

Cheers,
SonicD

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: October 10, 2022 19:47

‘A different place now’: How tragedy has shaped Nick Cave’s longing for home

In an Australian exclusive, the musician reflects on the personal losses that make next month’s return especially poignant.

By JP O’ Malley

October 6, 2022

Nick Cave performing in Norway in August: “I don’t have any problem describing the concerts these days as religious.”CREDIT:GETTY IMAGES

[www.smh.com.au]

Posted by: DEmerson ()
Date: November 22, 2022 01:44

For those Nick Cave fans,and those just curious as to why he warrants a thread like this - he just released 4 films now available to rent or DL. The one Distant Sky, Live in Copenhagen can serve as a great intro. to Nick and the Bad Seeds. The 1st 3 songs are quiet (but intense in their own way) but by the time he gets to Higgs Boson Blues, things pick up considerably. Well worth the watch. Riveting.

Date: November 22, 2022 12:21

DEmerson
For those Nick Cave fans,and those just curious as to why he warrants a thread like this - he just released 4 films now available to rent or DL. The one Distant Sky, Live in Copenhagen can serve as a great intro. to Nick and the Bad Seeds. The 1st 3 songs are quiet (but intense in their own way) but by the time he gets to Higgs Boson Blues, things pick up considerably. Well worth the watch. Riveting.

Distant Sky is fantastic! The solo show @ Alexandra Palace is well worth a watch, too.

Goto Page: Previous123456
Current Page: 6 of 6

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2217
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home