Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123456Next
Current Page: 5 of 6
Re: OT: is NICK CAVE the best live-performer?
Posted by: RisingStone ()
Date: March 22, 2022 06:11

To crholmstrom

This post may seem out of the blue but anyway, I have come across the information that Nick Cave & Warren Ellis are touring North America right now. They played Vancouver and Seattle on 16 and 17 March, respectively — I think you reside in the area IIRC. Did you go see them?

And did any other folks here catch them at a gig? The two gigs by them I saw in the UK are among the best live performances of the last year for me.

Posted by: BeastyBurdeny ()
Date: March 22, 2022 07:15

RisingStone
To crholmstrom

This post may seem out of the blue but anyway, I have come across the information that Nick Cave & Warren Ellis are touring North America right now. They played Vancouver and Seattle on 16 and 17 March, respectively — I think you reside in the area IIRC. Did you go see them?

And did any other folks here catch them at a gig? The two gigs by them I saw in the UK are among the best live performances of the last year for me.

I saw them in Vancouver. It was excellent. I really enjoyed Ghosteen and Carnage and they pretty much played those in their entirety. Cave was a true showman, as usual. I actually was thinking of the parallels between Mick and him, while watching.

I find it interesting though that Cave is writing what is arguably some of his best music in his 60s though.. perhaps grief is playing a big part in that or he simply has a better relationship with his creative collaborators.Who knows...

Date: March 22, 2022 08:19

BeastyBurdeny
RisingStone
To crholmstrom

I saw them in Vancouver. It was excellent. I really enjoyed Ghosteen and Carnage and they pretty much played those in their entirety. Cave was a true showman, as usual. I actually was thinking of the parallels between Mick and him, while watching.

I find it interesting though that Cave is writing what is arguably some of his best music in his 60s though.. perhaps grief is playing a big part in that or he simply has a better relationship with his creative collaborators.Who knows...

Nick was so intense, so into it. Bit like modern day Jim Morrison. To quote someone who saw a UK show, it was a “quasi-religious experience”. Indeed it was.

Posted by: midimannz ()
Date: March 22, 2022 09:13

crholmstrom
Cristiano Radtke
A lot of friends who already attended a Nick Cave concert have the same opinions as everyone else's on this thread about how amazing his performances are.

Although I'm a big fan I've never had the chance to see him live, solo or with the Bad Seeds. Thankfully he will play in South America in October and I already got tickets for the São Paulo and Montevideo concerts, with a slight possibility to see him in Buenos Aires as well. Let's see what happens. smiling smiley

Enjoy! It's rock and roll church. smoking smiley

Did you ever go? Just curious mate?

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: March 22, 2022 12:28

RisingStone
To crholmstrom

I went to the Seattle show & it was amazing. "Hand of God" was 1 of the most intense performances I've ever seen out of hundreds of shows. Nick was in a great mood & Warren was downright goofy. You can kind of tell how into it Nick was by the encores. He did 2 two song encores in Seattle, showing that he was indeed in a good mood. I really hope we get the Bad Seeds in the states next year.

Date: March 22, 2022 14:36

crholmstrom
RisingStone
To crholmstrom

I went to the Seattle show & it was amazing. "Hand of God" was 1 of the most intense performances I've ever seen out of hundreds of shows. Nick was in a great mood & Warren was downright goofy. You can kind of tell how into it Nick was by the encores. He did 2 two song encores in Seattle, showing that he was indeed in a good mood. I really hope we get the Bad Seeds in the states next year.

I’m so glad you did. So you were “touched by the Hand of God”? I bet you were!

[www.setlist.fm]

Date: March 22, 2022 14:46

RisingStone
crholmstrom
RisingStone
To crholmstrom

I’m so glad you did. So you were “touched by the Hand of God”? I bet you were!

[www.setlist.fm]

Sorry, I misspoke. The first encore was 3 songs. Very generous setlist & very different from a typical Bad Seeds show. At age 65 Nick is clearly still at the top of his game.

Posted by: steadyrollinman ()
Date: March 23, 2022 12:29

Stranger than Kindness: The Nick Cave Exhibition trailer
[www.youtube.com]

This Much I Know To Be True: Lavender Fields clip
[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: March 25, 2022 20:54

midimannz
crholmstrom
Cristiano Radtke
A lot of friends who already attended a Nick Cave concert have the same opinions as everyone else's on this thread about how amazing his performances are.

Although I'm a big fan I've never had the chance to see him live, solo or with the Bad Seeds. Thankfully he will play in South America in October and I already got tickets for the São Paulo and Montevideo concerts, with a slight possibility to see him in Buenos Aires as well. Let's see what happens. smiling smiley

Enjoy! It's rock and roll church. smoking smiley

Did you ever go? Just curious mate?

I did! I went to see him in São Paulo. I thought I didn't post about it, but my impressions about the concert are on page 2. smiling smiley

Posted by: DEmerson ()
Date: March 25, 2022 22:11

This is what I wrote on a Facebook fan page re: the Boston Show I attended this week:
Some quick follow up thoughts the morning after Boston. I’m guessing there are others on this site, that perhaps had reservations about going to this show. While I ‘like’ the past 3 ‘quieter’ albums, TBH, I have not ‘loved’ them - preferring stuff a bit more rocking. Although ‘I get it’ - where he’s coming from these days. And so, I was thinking it might be a let down. And parts of the show are slow, but it does not bore. On the contrary, it brings the recent songs to life, with a kind of quiet intensity. Nick of course remains a mesmerizing, commanding presence- you simply can’t take your eyes off him.
The ‘gospel trio’ add to the proceedings by contributing to the songs beautifully, while not trying to overtake them - if that makes sense.
And as to Warren. Yeah, he stays seated through almost the whole show so that is a bit disappointing. BUT, his violin solo on Cosmic Dancer -as Nick jokingly said via introduction, did just about change the world. Same with his tremendous violin solo in God Is in the House - not usually one of my faves, but a real standout last night.
The couple of what maybe could classify as ‘rockers’ - Hand of God, and White Elephant (I posted videos of both here last night) are just intense. Balcony Man, has to be experienced live. And for me, the one that totally blew me away was Hollywood. It was stunning.
So, if (like me) you’re on the fence about going to one of the few remaining very special shows (NY for 4, DC and then I think just Montreal and Toronto?), by all means - GO.

Date: March 25, 2022 22:53

DEmerson
This is what I wrote on a Facebook fan page re: the Boston Show I attended this week:
Some quick follow up thoughts the morning after Boston. I’m guessing there are others on this site, that perhaps had reservations about going to this show. While I ‘like’ the past 3 ‘quieter’ albums, TBH, I have not ‘loved’ them - preferring stuff a bit more rocking. Although ‘I get it’ - where he’s coming from these days. And so, I was thinking it might be a let down. And parts of the show are slow, but it does not bore. On the contrary, it brings the recent songs to life, with a kind of quiet intensity. Nick of course remains a mesmerizing, commanding presence- you simply can’t take your eyes off him.
The ‘gospel trio’ add to the proceedings by contributing to the songs beautifully, while not trying to overtake them - if that makes sense.
And as to Warren. Yeah, he stays seated through almost the whole show so that is a bit disappointing. BUT, his violin solo on Cosmic Dancer -as Nick jokingly said via introduction, did just about change the world. Same with his tremendous violin solo in God Is in the House - not usually one of my faves, but a real standout last night.
The couple of what maybe could classify as ‘rockers’ - Hand of God, and White Elephant (I posted videos of both here last night) are just intense. Balcony Man, has to be experienced live. And for me, the one that totally blew me away was Hollywood. It was stunning.
So, if (like me) you’re on the fence about going to one of the few remaining very special shows (NY for 4, DC and then I think just Montreal and Toronto?), by all means - GO.

Totally agree. I cheated & had heard the show beforehand from other cities but I was still blown away. Nick is the main show but Warren is an amazing musician. There's rumours of another Grinderman record perhaps. Yes please!

Posted by: Javadave ()
Date: May 10, 2022 01:15

Sad day for Nick, as just seven years after the tragic death of one son, today he has to go through it all again:

[jambands.com]

Condolences to the Lazenbys and the Caves. R.I.P. Jethro.

Date: May 10, 2022 01:37

Javadave
Sad day for Nick, as just seven years after the tragic death of one son, today he has to go through it all again:

[jambands.com]

Condolences to the Lazenbys and the Caves. R.I.P. Jethro.

RIP. Such a sad story.

Date: May 10, 2022 02:14

Horrible news. I am lost for words. My heart is with Nick and his family.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: May 10, 2022 23:03

ROCKMAN

Date: July 2, 2022 23:08

Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds’ show from @MontreuxJaz will be streamed live on 2 July at 11pm CEST. To watch the livestream visit [promotions.qello.com]

The show will be re-broadcast on 2 July at 11pm EDT, and for a final time on 3 July at 11pm AEST.

[twitter.com]

Date: July 3, 2022 02:34

I heard a tape of the Bad Seeds Koln concert a week ago. Amazing! Very different from the tour with Warren. 2.5 hours of Nick exorcising demons & healing people.

Posted by: The Worst. ()
Date: July 3, 2022 03:13

He is the best performer for those in the front. Absolutely mindblowing and electric. There is a major difference between him and Jagger. Nick Cave will give everything for the few at the very front and not care about the rest of the stadium/arena. If you are seated away from the stage, you will watch how Nick Cave interacts with the fans at the front. Mick Jagger, however, will try to reach and engage everyone, those in the back and high up in the stands. And I think that is more difficult to do. But both are incredible frontmen.

Date: July 3, 2022 08:31

The Montreux concert was mindblowing!

Date: July 3, 2022 09:44

I’m considering going to All Points East where Nick & the Bad Seeds are to headline on the second week Saturday (August 28). APE is relatively new (the first year 2018), one of my favorite music festivals and the lineup is always superb (alternative/indie-oriented), but being a festive appearance, I doubt this would be a full-blown set like other European arena shows of the tour even though they are headliners. Why this is their only UK show is beyond me. Wish they toured the country properly.

[www.allpointseastfestival.com]

Posted by: mikey C ()
Date: July 3, 2022 09:59

Good old St Nick and The Bad Seeds were in fine form in Prague a little over a week ago........ With the addition of 3 back up singers it gave it a nice Gospel/Bluesy touch.....I was thinking if they add a horn section they would have an Exile on main Street type of band..... Maybe that's the next direction? And how many people were there a shit load 30,000 ...40,000+ A Spendid night perfect weather.....And a ticket I got was 25 Euro..........Peace.M

Posted by: laertisflash ()
Date: July 3, 2022 13:31

I have seen him 4 times.
Very good performer, yes.
The best one, no.

Posted by: Rank Stranger ()
Date: July 3, 2022 13:55

Cristiano Radtke
Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds’ show from @MontreuxJaz will be streamed live on 2 July at 11pm CEST. To watch the livestream visit [promotions.qello.com]

The show will be re-broadcast on 2 July at 11pm EDT, and for a final time on 3 July at 11pm AEST.

[twitter.com]

Can anybody please catch the stream and post it here!?
Thanks!

Date: July 3, 2022 17:03

The Worst.
He is the best performer for those in the front. Absolutely mindblowing and electric. There is a major difference between him and Jagger. Nick Cave will give everything for the few at the very front and not care about the rest of the stadium/arena. If you are seated away from the stage, you will watch how Nick Cave interacts with the fans at the front. Mick Jagger, however, will try to reach and engage everyone, those in the back and high up in the stands. And I think that is more difficult to do. But both are incredible frontmen.

I have experienced the Bad Seeds from the front row. Sadly, physically I can't do that anymore due health issues. I've been up front for the Stones, too.

Date: July 3, 2022 17:06

RisingStone
I’m considering going to All Points East where Nick & the Bad Seeds are to headline on the second week Saturday (August 28). APE is relatively new (the first year 2018), one of my favorite music festivals and the lineup is always superb (alternative/indie-oriented), but being a festive appearance, I doubt this would be a full-blown set like other European arena shows of the tour even though they are headliners. Why this is their only UK show is beyond me. Wish they toured the country properly.

[www.allpointseastfestival.com]

Go! There's plenty of interesting stuff on that line-up.

Posted by: shattered1978 ()
Date: July 3, 2022 17:14

Live in Montreux, but the sound is not very impressive
[m.youtube.com]

The sound of this Jubilee Street at the Waldbühne is excellent:
[youtu.be]

I was there at the Waldbühne. It was magic, they are indeed close to being "best live performer".
And they are evolving, getting better each tour. Jubilee Street and Higgs Boson Blues evolved into fantastic, delirious, haunting experiences. Very impressive.

Rank Stranger
Cristiano Radtke

[twitter.com]

Can anybody please catch the stream and post it here!?
Thanks!

Date: July 3, 2022 21:05

Thanks for the links.
But the YouTube video is only 20 minutes long;
I was hoping somebody could upload the whole show.

Date: July 5, 2022 02:00

Rank Stranger
Thanks for the links.

You can watch the whole concert here: [youtu.be]

Posted by: guitarbastard ()
Date: July 5, 2022 03:03

i was again at his show in montreux. videos cant show what he does. its unbelievable. magic!

Date: July 5, 2022 17:03

Cristiano Radtke
Rank Stranger
Thanks for the links.

You can watch the whole concert here: [youtu.be]

Thank you very much!

Goto Page: Previous123456Next
Current Page: 5 of 6

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1871
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home