Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123456Next
Current Page: 2 of 6
Re: OT: is NICK CAVE the best live-performer?
Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: July 23, 2018 04:08

No

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: July 23, 2018 04:46

Not even close.

Posted by: guitarbastard ()
Date: July 23, 2018 11:50

have you seen him live?

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: September 3, 2018 16:21

RIP Conway Savage, Bad Seed keyboardist. He was a great musician & will be missed hugely. sad smiley

[www.rollingstone.com]

Posted by: bobo ()
Date: September 3, 2018 16:27

No.

Posted by: hopkins ()
Date: September 3, 2018 16:28

chheezus, it's like meghan tranior doesn't even frikin EXIST here!!?
i'm a little embarassed, frankly.
who is nick and why is he in a cave?
batman does NOT make records and this guy needs to:
1. shut up
2. stop stealing franchise references for your brand.
3. see # 1.
my ex girlvfriend performed better than that and there is a reaso for that 'ex' my friends.

Date: September 3, 2018 16:41

hopkins
1. shut up
3. see # 1.
my ex girlvfriend performed better than that and there is a reaso for that 'ex' my friends.

i don't understand this post....hope i'm not alone in that.

Posted by: rara ()
Date: September 3, 2018 17:00

crholmstrom
hopkins
1. shut up
3. see # 1.

don't do drugs, kids!

Posted by: pt99 ()
Date: September 4, 2018 00:54

guitarbastard
i think so. just saw him at the montreux jazz festival. and while i'm not a huge fan of his albums, i must say that nothing compares to a live show of nick cave & the bad seeds. it's so extremly intense musicaly, i'm still mindblown. words cant describe! if you have the chance to see him, do it - even if you're not a huge fan. it's a very special thing to witness...

No. He's boring

Posted by: hopkins ()
Date: September 4, 2018 05:18

crholmstrom
hopkins
1. shut up
3. see # 1.

ok. 'cave'
batman works out of a ....
that's right.
fricken batman's on DRUGz. KR is on DRUz. the rest of them have been, are now, or will be, at some point, on DRUGz. hopkins is not on DRUgz. hopkins is stupid. that is an entirely differe4nt cave my friends.
tell you what.
i've got that austin city limits thing; im sorry for tarding out on him;
I had sort of put him in a box stylistically ; and don;t really know...
and without quick judging, i'm gonna thank you for the post and settle into it if i can over the next days and see what i can learn and also appreciate.

meanwhile, if you are really rockers; stand up and take it like a man.
[www.youtube.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-09-04 05:29 by hopkins.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: September 5, 2018 01:01

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> [www.nme.com]

ROCKMAN

Date: September 5, 2018 02:12

Rockman

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> [www.nme.com]

see my post a bit up the page for link to rolling stone article about conway

Date: September 5, 2018 02:34

…. sorry man ….. missed it …..

ROCKMAN

Date: September 5, 2018 04:16

Rockman

no worries. i put it up in a hurry as soon as i heard the news. it's a huge loss. as you can probably tell, i'm a long time bad seeds fan. nick is great but i don't think he could've got where he is without the bad seeds. now if we could just get blixa bargeld back in the band....

Date: September 7, 2018 07:43

EG Magazine -- 7 September 2018

ROCKMAN

Posted by: runaway ()
Date: September 7, 2018 09:21

R.I.P Conway Savage. I’ve seen him a few times perform with Nick Cave and The Bad Seeds in Amsterdam, the same with Blixa and my last show was with Warren Ellis in the line up in the Berlin Waldbühne. Amazing show And the same goes for past shows I’ve seen in the Paradiso.

Posted by: KingmanBarstow ()
Date: September 7, 2018 10:10

Is Nick Cave the the best live performer? I have seen Nick Cave and The Bad Seeds twice in the past couple of years and I can say that Cave is a very, very powerful performer on stage and that he does grip the audience. I do like their albums too.

Date: September 7, 2018 12:11

Thanks, Rockman. Always good to get the Aussie perspective. Wish I lived down there.

Date: September 7, 2018 13:57

…..come down man … we got everything you need … even Lovin & Laughin' ….

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: October 9, 2018 23:29

This will be interesting:

"Join KCRW for an intimate, invite-only evening with Nick Cave in conversation + on the piano. Start thinking of your best question for Nick because we have tickets to give away."

[docs.google.com]

Date: October 16, 2018 16:58

crholmstrom
Cristiano Radtke
A lot of friends who already attended a Nick Cave concert have the same opinions as everyone else's on this thread about how amazing his performances are.

Although I'm a big fan I've never had the chance to see him live, solo or with the Bad Seeds. Thankfully he will play in South America in October and I already got tickets for the São Paulo and Montevideo concerts, with a slight possibility to see him in Buenos Aires as well. Let's see what happens. smiling smiley

Enjoy! It's rock and roll church. smoking smiley

Today I arrived home after seeing him in São Paulo (unfortunately I couldn't go to Montevideo), and it was exactly like that. This was one of the best concerts I've ever seen. It's on my top 3 list of concerts for sure. I hope I can see him again soon.

Date: October 17, 2018 10:14

Cristiano Radtke
crholmstrom
Cristiano Radtke
A lot of friends who already attended a Nick Cave concert have the same opinions as everyone else's on this thread about how amazing his performances are.

Although I'm a big fan I've never had the chance to see him live, solo or with the Bad Seeds. Thankfully he will play in South America in October and I already got tickets for the São Paulo and Montevideo concerts, with a slight possibility to see him in Buenos Aires as well. Let's see what happens. smiling smiley

Today I arrived home after seeing him in São Paulo (unfortunately I couldn't go to Montevideo), and it was exactly like that. This was one of the best concerts I've ever seen. It's on my top 3 list of concerts for sure. I hope I can see him again soon.

glad you liked it cristiano! you know, for me i would put springsteen in that rock & roll church category on a good night but that was more in earlier days. nick brings it every night & if anything seems to be getting more intense (even in the quieter songs) as he gets older. i wish you could've seen grinderman. the band is fantastic, especially warren ellis. i do miss mick harvey & blixa bargeld but things move on. blixa brought a certain anarchy to the party & mick had been there since the beginning. none the less, the current band is awesome.

Date: October 19, 2018 03:52

crholmstrom
Cristiano Radtke
crholmstrom
Cristiano Radtke

glad you liked it cristiano! you know, for me i would put springsteen in that rock & roll church category on a good night but that was more in earlier days. nick brings it every night & if anything seems to be getting more intense (even in the quieter songs) as he gets older. i wish you could've seen grinderman. the band is fantastic, especially warren ellis. i do miss mick harvey & blixa bargeld but things move on. blixa brought a certain anarchy to the party & mick had been there since the beginning. none the less, the current band is awesome.

I saw Bruce in 2013 in Rio and it was a great concert, but Nick's was mindblowing. He's definitely one of the best frontmen of all time, he can dominate the audience the way he wants. If it were with any other band/artist, inviting some 40 people from the audience to the stage would be a mess, to say the least, but not with him.

This is a pic I took before the concert started, while a beautiful version of Streets of Laredo (I don't know if this was the actual version that was played, but it was very close to it) was playing as a tribute to Conway Savage. It was very touching.

Date: October 19, 2018 10:46

crholmstrom
Cristiano Radtke
crholmstrom
Cristiano Radtke

nice picture. thanks! that is conway's version, very cool. i was talking bruce more 1978-1981. i will say though that we got 1 of the better "river" shows in 2016 here in seattle. he played almost 4 hours & the band was incredible. i've seen nick several times & he never disappoints. check out this clip, i think you will like & is a perfect illustration of how mesmerizing nick is.

[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: steffiestones ()
Date: October 19, 2018 11:40

no

Posted by: Dan ()
Date: October 22, 2018 01:22

Heading to the Forum soon with an extra ticket, who wants to find out for themselves?

Date: October 22, 2018 01:40

Dan
Heading to the Forum soon with an extra ticket, who wants to find out for themselves?

Enjoy!

Date: October 22, 2018 04:28

crholmstrom
Dan

Enjoy!

Yes! And I hope you've found somebody who got your extra ticket. smileys with beer

Date: October 22, 2018 14:15

crholmstrom
Rockman

no worries. i put it up in a hurry as soon as i heard the news. it's a huge loss. as you can probably tell, i'm a long time bad seeds fan. nick is great but i don't think he could've got where he is without the bad seeds. now if we could just get blixa bargeld back in the band....

Bad Seeds are incredible. But I do think that it's okay that Mick Harvey or Blixa have moved on. I like it when someone like NC doesn't stay still.
Even Grinderman makes sense.

Posted by: RisingStone ()
Date: October 23, 2018 01:22

Definitely one of the best if not THE best. The way he engages with the audience is so dedicated, a pure manifestation of commitment in itself. A captivating singer and performer he is. Respect.

Goto Page: Previous123456Next
Current Page: 2 of 6

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1902
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home