Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 123456Next
Current Page: 1 of 6
OT: is NICK CAVE the best live-performer?
Posted by: guitarbastard ()
Date: July 15, 2018 13:02

i think so. just saw him at the montreux jazz festival. and while i'm not a huge fan of his albums, i must say that nothing compares to a live show of nick cave & the bad seeds. it's so extremly intense musicaly, i'm still mindblown. words cant describe! if you have the chance to see him, do it - even if you're not a huge fan. it's a very special thing to witness...

Re: OT: is NICK CAVE the best live-performer?
Posted by: franzk ()
Date: July 15, 2018 13:31

Yes, he's absolutely mindblowing live and his band is perfect, even without Blixa and Mick.

Posted by: rara ()
Date: July 15, 2018 14:19

Was the same for me. Not the biggest fan of his albums but I saw him live yesterday and was blown away. Incredible band, incredible show!

Posted by: mikey C ()
Date: July 15, 2018 14:28

The Cave Man always delivers been a fan since i was a teen..Seen Him with The Bad Seed's,Solo,Grinderman...In my Top 3... .Stones/Dylan/Cave....If he comes around your town/city...just Go!!!!!!!seen him 15 times to date....Stones at 13...Dylan at 40!!!!

Date: July 15, 2018 15:53

it was a bit silly, but still cool to be onstage with him. here's a short clip:

video: [www.instagram.com]

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: July 15, 2018 15:59

i've seen him several times & he always blows me away. i wish he could coax blixa bargeld back into the bad seeds. he brought a certain anarchy to the proceedings. warren ellis is an amazing musician, too. i like nick's albums plenty. even the soundtrack stuff is great.

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: July 15, 2018 16:37

Saw him do a poetry reading 25 years ago and found him to be obnoxious. Can't really give a fair assessment of his ability as a performer since I've never seen him with a band.

Date: July 15, 2018 16:41

tatters
Saw him do a poetry reading 25 years ago and found him to be obnoxious. Can't really give a fair assessment of his ability as a performer since I've never seen him with a band.

if you have the chance to see him go. the most intense rockn roll show ever. amazing band...

Posted by: ab ()
Date: July 16, 2018 08:21

Cave is indeed among the very best frontmen.

Warren Ellis took over as Cave's main collaborator a decade or so ago. Once that happened, there was no room for Blixa or Mick Harvey. Ellis filled the space for both Blixa's noise and Harvey's band leadership.

The current Bad Seeds touring band, however, misses Conway Savage's piano and vocals. He's been out sick for a couple years.

Under Ellis, the last couple Bad Seeds albums haven't been as tuneful as in the past, but they're emotionally gripping. Skeleton Tree is one of the saddest albums ever.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2018-07-16 08:27 by ab.

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: July 16, 2018 09:17

A lot of friends who already attended a Nick Cave concert have the same opinions as everyone else's on this thread about how amazing his performances are.

Although I'm a big fan I've never had the chance to see him live, solo or with the Bad Seeds. Thankfully he will play in South America in October and I already got tickets for the São Paulo and Montevideo concerts, with a slight possibility to see him in Buenos Aires as well. Let's see what happens. smiling smiley

Date: July 16, 2018 12:15

Cristiano Radtke
A lot of friends who already attended a Nick Cave concert have the same opinions as everyone else's on this thread about how amazing his performances are.

Although I'm a big fan I've never had the chance to see him live, solo or with the Bad Seeds. Thankfully he will play in South America in October and I already got tickets for the São Paulo and Montevideo concerts, with a slight possibility to see him in Buenos Aires as well. Let's see what happens. smiling smiley

Enjoy! It's rock and roll church. smoking smiley

Posted by: DEmerson ()
Date: July 16, 2018 14:13

Agreed - seen him several times, including a Q&A he did in Boston a couple months ago. Mesmerizing live performer. Intense. Super talented.

Posted by: maumau ()
Date: July 16, 2018 15:39

I have seen him several times since 1992, saw last year and going to see him in Lucca again tomorrow nite. Killer performer and always terrific performance.

Date: July 17, 2018 11:22

I watched a vid of Nine Inch Nails at the Mad Cool Festival in Spain last night. I would put Trent Reznor on the list of stellar front men too.

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: July 17, 2018 11:36

guitarbastard
tatters

if you have the chance to see him go. the most intense rockn roll show ever. amazing band...

Couldn't be as intense as this guy, John Cale doing Heartbreak Hotel: [www.youtube.com]

Ask yourself why there are so many video clips available of Nick Cave performing with John Cale.

The original is always the best!

John Cale with The Velvet Underground, 1965.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: July 17, 2018 15:20

crholmstrom
I watched a vid of Nine Inch Nails at the Mad Cool Festival in Spain last night. I would put Trent Reznor on the list of stellar front men too.

Imho he's past his prime (imo)... But from 94 to 2008 he belonged to that list.

Date: July 17, 2018 17:54

stonehearted
guitarbastard
tatters

Couldn't be as intense as this guy, John Cale doing Heartbreak Hotel: [www.youtube.com]

Ask yourself why there are so many video clips available of Nick Cave performing with John Cale.

The original is always the best!

John Cale with The Velvet Underground, 1965.

I've seen John Cale last week in Pistoia doing an intense (though relatively short) set. He's playing this hard organic electronic music these days, transforming his songs, really deep pleasure. I can see the link between him and Cave. but different performers and ultimately I cant get this need to rank artists. different pleasures

Posted by: black n blue ()
Date: July 17, 2018 20:13

Never heard one song from this guy

Posted by: black n blue ()
Date: July 17, 2018 20:17

Dyed hair dude with no sponk. I’d take iggy pop

Date: July 17, 2018 23:09

NO he is not

Posted by: Dan ()
Date: July 18, 2018 00:43

Definitely up there.

Posted by: Boognish ()
Date: July 18, 2018 16:52

I've seen Nick Cave and The Bad Seeds twice and both times they left me saying "wow" to myself after the concert. They were incredible. The Stones have never given me that feeling.

Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: July 18, 2018 16:54

The live videos I've seen of him are pretty incredible...it seems he like he's just filled with energy and passion for the entire show, interacting with the audience on a level that's pretty unheard of.

Date: July 18, 2018 20:01

couple of videos from last nite in Lucca

[www.youtube.com]

Date: July 18, 2018 20:02

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: July 18, 2018 20:18

Nice, thank you maumau! smileys with beer

Date: July 18, 2018 23:06

dcba
crholmstrom

Trent seems reinvigorated these days. I saw him in October & he was fantastic & reports from this tour say the same thing. The band is unreal good!

Posted by: Dan ()
Date: July 19, 2018 01:10

dcba
crholmstrom

The 1994 shows were so good, nothing NIN did ever came close to measuring up again. Though those were among my all time favorites I rarely go any more.

Other amazing performers/frontmen who fall way under the mainstream radar are David Yow, Sean Wheeler and Michael Monroe.

Date: July 19, 2018 04:56

Boognish
I've seen Nick Cave and The Bad Seeds twice and both times they left me saying "wow" to myself after the concert. They were incredible. The Stones have never given me that feeling.

Sorry to hear that the Stones have never given you that feeling - you must have missed something.....

I´ve seen Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds a few times Live - and they are so different compared to the Stones, but for me he is the only one who is close to be able to give me that "thrill" like the Stones can do it...I don´t know why...it´s a personal experience. Stones are number one for me, anytime and always, nothing will compare, but Nick Cave comes close...

Date: July 22, 2018 14:04

dcba
crholmstrom

the fragility tour in 2000 @ the gorge in washington was 1 of the best shows i've ever seen. i'd seen NIN a few times before & they were spectacular (the show with Bowie was special) but it all came together on fragility. that show i mentioned was heavily in the the video release of the show. was such a stunning presentation & that's where trent really got into the visuals. i saw them in october & they still blew me away.

Goto Page: 123456Next
Current Page: 1 of 6

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1814
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home