Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
If they did not excist would your life been different ?
Posted by: 06230 ()
Date: July 15, 2018 00:21

let me clarify . if the stones had never made it past pub/club stage back in the day and none of us had ever got to here/see them how would ya have gone ?
the reason I say this is because I can
would ya life been kinda different ? Hey just a thought or thing ..
I did not go and see them this recent tour on medical grounds ( as in NHS doctors tell me to coin a phrase im bat shit crazy. thank god for
lithium. ya get it HA )
the point is that im trying to say is this

God bless the Queen, God bless America .. But thank bloody God for the ROLLING STONES

With out these guys , the world would be a darker place..

but hey what do I know , im crazy man... Narrrrrr. not yet.. PS. for once no acholic drinks has been taken on this post... shit go figure

ya don't have to respond to this just an old git who is turning 60 soon and yer I never thought id make thus far

it been a pleasure to see and sometimes correspond with you guys/cats..

06230 saying .. its been a ride....and most of all,, BV thanx dude

Re: If they did not excist would your life been different ?
Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: July 15, 2018 00:38

Well I suppose I would have been a bit richer grinning smiley

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: July 15, 2018 01:18

grzegorz67
Well I suppose I would have been a bit richer grinning smiley

Yes I'd also be much richer financially haha, but would be poorer mentally.
Without all their recordings and the fun times I've experienced traveling and attending concerts over the years, life would defnitely be different.
Then again, if they never existed, how would I know what I was missing?

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: July 15, 2018 01:44

"Do you want an aspirin?" …………………………………..

ROCKMAN

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: July 15, 2018 03:24

absolutely. Would not have made the irrational decision to see them 27 times on the ABB tour when I had the resources to do that courtesy of my late parents who had just died the year before the tour started. I could have paid off my mortgage and any number of other, sane things. But as I told someone recently, I chose to live, NOW. Not to wait til retirement when perhaps I may not have had the health (and resources) to travel. Not to mention that I would likely not have been able to see the Stones who will probably be extinct at that point. I LIVED!!!

plexi

Posted by: Natlanta ()
Date: July 15, 2018 03:46

yeah and this is a fantastic post btw.

Posted by: Quique-stone ()
Date: July 15, 2018 05:59

Absolutely!
I wouldn't enter here everyday many times per day!
And most important I wouldn't have met cool people and made wonderful Stones friends!
And then there's the fanstastic music!

Posted by: buttons67 ()
Date: July 16, 2018 21:30

if the stones hadnt existed, i would probably have spent more on watching football and digging other bands, i was a big u2 fan till i discovered the stones,

Posted by: keithsman ()
Date: July 16, 2018 22:20

Never mind would my life be different if the Stones did not exist, hell my life would be different just without Gimme Shelter and it's many incarnations played live over the years.
That one song made more difference to my life than everything the Beetles or any other band did put together, to this day i still can't get enough of it, i would put it down as the most fascinating hypnotic addictive piece of music ever created. JJF live hits the mark too in another way, i never tire of it and when Keith get's in that groove the way he does it makes life mean everything in those 7 minutes.

Then there are all the times i've read about them, seen them live, dreamed about them, listened to them, yeah life changing band.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-07-16 22:35 by keithsman.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: July 16, 2018 22:22

Hypothetical question....
If your father did not meet your mother, where would you be now?
I don'r really spend time on Hypothetical questiona.

Bjornulf

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-07-16 22:23 by bv.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: July 16, 2018 22:35

Not certain how much life would have been different, but the soundtrack to it and the songs that mark the milestones would be much different.

From watching with the whole family as a kid when they made their Sullivan appearances, being taught what the lyrics to Midnight Rambler were by my late brother, dancing to Stones tunes at the first dance at both my weddings, the smile on my face as I listen to Satisfaction in 2018 in Twickenham, to the song(s) I designate (dancing w mr d) to be played at my funeral cool smiley

Much different indeed.. love that the opportunities still exist to add to the list!!

Date: July 16, 2018 22:39

bv

Actually what you are, what any of us are has nothing to do with our parents, what we are is what we were before we were born and after we die winking smiley

Date: July 16, 2018 22:41

MisterDDDD
Not certain how much life would have been different, but the soundtrack to it and the songs that mark the milestones would be much different.

From watching with the whole family as a kid when they made their Sullivan appearances, being taught what the lyrics to Midnight Rambler were by my late brother, dancing to Stones tunes at the first dance at both my weddings, the smile on my face as I listen to Satisfaction in 2018 in Twickenham, to the song(s) I designate (dancing w mr d) to be played at my funeral cool smiley

Much different indeed.. love that the opportunities still exist to add to the list!!

Lovely post MisterDDD

Date: July 16, 2018 22:41

Strange question. If they didn't exist I wouldn't miss them. I impossible to answer.

Date: July 16, 2018 23:06

TheflyingDutchman
Strange question. If they didn't exist I wouldn't miss them. I impossible to answer.

Well i look at it this way, if i hadn't met my wife and married my first love instead my life would have been completely different in so many ways, its harder to imagine how different life would be without the Stones but not impossible, Keith has had a major influence on me, and because when i was young i was easily impressioned by people, Keith has probably had a bigger effect on me than most.
I doubt i would have drank so much without there influence and i might not have rebelled so much through life, but i think it's rather what we are to start with as people that draw us towards certain types of music and creative muses, so it's possible we might have turned out the same if the Stones didn't exist , but our lives would not have been enriched by their music, essence of being and how that effects us all as individuals.

Date: July 16, 2018 23:45

I agree with most you write, but when Keith hadn't been in your life, god knows what other player might have insipired you. Its all hypothetical.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: July 17, 2018 00:06

keithsman
Lovely post MisterDDD
Thanks, keithsman. Nice of you to say.

Posted by: windmelody ()
Date: July 17, 2018 00:07

The Rolling Stones had quite an impact on my life when I was younger - I still like them, their groove, their elegance. Yet, I have moved on spiritually by now. So, good luck to the Stones and their supporters, but I cannot imagine sacrificing two days for some warhorses anymore.If they played close to where I am, I might go to a concert of theirs again. Who knows how things are going to turn out.

Date: July 17, 2018 00:14

TheflyingDutchman
I agree with most you write, but when Keith hadn't been in your life, god knows what other player might have insipired you. Its all hypothetical.

Yes it is hypothetical, well without the Stones being in my life i would hopefully still have Clapton winking smiley

Posted by: Hanns Rainsch ()
Date: July 17, 2018 00:26

Well, I surely wouldn't have bought a pair of green designer sneakers and a red leather jacket without seeing Glimmer Twin outfits from recent gigs smoking smiley

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: July 17, 2018 00:38

most likely not very much / basicly my life would be more or less the same

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: July 17, 2018 00:48

No, but the lives of certain other musicians undoubtedly would have.

Without Mick Jagger's/ALO's behind the scenes maneuverings, a certain band also with Dartford connections wouldn't have been blacklisted after 1965...

But the Stones were inevitable.

Whenever they played steadily in clubs in the early days, their following would simply grow and grow.

Their specific interpretation of R&B.

At the right time and place.

Like it was written in the stars.

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: July 17, 2018 00:49

keithsman
bv

Actually what you are, what any of us are has nothing to do with our parents, what we are is what we were before we were born and after we die winking smiley

confused smiley confused smiley confused smiley confused smiley

I’m both amused and bemused. You’ve completely lost me there.

Posted by: rcfoxy ()
Date: July 17, 2018 02:42

My life would have been completely different...no idea how it would have been...but probably would have a nice sports car...but no where near as much fun or as much travel accomplished. Would never have met so many wonderful people and never have gone to Argentina or Romania. I probably would have watched a lot more live cycling, football and other sports. No other band or thing inspires me to travel to this degree, and I haven't bought an album since 2000 that doesn't have a Stone on it or is directly influenced by them. So yes life would be completely different....and the day they do stop... I will be able to have my own life (what ever that means) and not have it dictated to me by Mick & Co....which may actually be nice...but it will be very weird...

Cheers
Richard - In Another Land

Posted by: Dan ()
Date: July 17, 2018 04:08

let me clarify . if the stones had never made it past pub/club stage back in the day and none of us had ever got to here/see them how would ya have gone ?
the reason I say this is because I can
would ya life been kinda different ? Hey just a thought or thing ..
I did not go and see them this recent tour on medical grounds ( as in NHS doctors tell me to coin a phrase im bat shit crazy. thank god for
lithium. ya get it HA )
the point is that im trying to say is this

God bless the Queen, God bless America .. But thank bloody God for the ROLLING STONES

With out these guys , the world would be a darker place..

but hey what do I know , im crazy man... Narrrrrr. not yet.. PS. for once no acholic drinks has been taken on this post... shit go figure

ya don't have to respond to this just an old git who is turning 60 soon and yer I never thought id make thus far

it been a pleasure to see and sometimes correspond with you guys/cats..

06230 saying .. its been a ride....and most of all,, BV thanx dude

I would be endlessly discussing and arguing the ticket resale market and the current state of Guns N' Roses on the Herman's Hermits message board.

If they did not hire an exorcist would your life been different ?
Posted by: Leonioid ()
Date: July 17, 2018 07:53

Life would be different.

Posted by: hopkins ()
Date: July 17, 2018 08:40

I'd be wondering which run of Herman's Hermits albums was their 'golden period.'

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: July 17, 2018 08:45

hopkins
I'd be wondering which run of Herman's Hermits albums was their 'golden period.'

"There's a Kind of Hush" is one of their best warhorses imo - takes me back every time I hear it. thumbs up

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: July 17, 2018 08:48

No Milk Today …. Mrs Brown You Got A Lovely Daughter

ROCKMAN

Posted by: hopkins ()
Date: July 17, 2018 09:11

lol; i've been double out-smart-assed.
thank goodness there's one place i can trust.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1945
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home