Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 3 of 5
Re: Do the stones have regrets.
Posted by: Phil Good ()
Date: July 16, 2018 16:49

Stu

Brian

Mick T

Posted by: duke richardson ()
Date: July 16, 2018 17:13

Keith should regret all the times Bill showed up on time to work while Keith couldnt get out of bed...

Posted by: reg thorpe ()
Date: July 16, 2018 20:23

duke richardson
Keith should regret all the times Bill showed up on time to work while Keith couldnt get out of bed...

thumbs up

Posted by: MrMibbs ()
Date: July 16, 2018 22:23

potus43
Hopefully. 1Gouging pricing and2. bad set lists
3. not enough MSG

Date: July 16, 2018 22:44

Phil Good
Stu

Brian

Mick T

Please explain.

Posted by: vertigojoe ()
Date: July 17, 2018 00:12

TheflyingDutchman
Phil Good
Stu

Brian

Mick T

Please explain.

Have you not been paying attention?

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: July 17, 2018 18:04

Bliss
keefriff99
Stoneage
Sure, Bliss. But isn't that narcissism? I mean, he doesn't seem to take in consideration how it affected other members of the group.
All we can go by is public persona, and so much of that is a put-on. Who knows if he's ever attempted to make amends behind the scene, yet insisted on putting on a defiant "no regrets" facade in interviews.

I think the truth lies somewhere in the middle. Keith's heroin honeymoon coincided with his most creative period, and the band may not have risen to the heights it did without that impetus. So he may not have any regrets on that score.

But he did state that it went on too long; long after it had any beneficial effect on his work and the group, and he did regret that.
I have a hard time believing that Keith actually believed that he got creativity from Da Junk . I think (like many of us do ) that he enjoyed getting high and not that there is anything wrong with that and far be it from me to judge because that is such a personal choice ,but to actually think that Da junk inspires creativity is pure bollocks . Ditto for Da Junk making you play your instrument better or sing better is pure fantasy .

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: July 17, 2018 23:27

Phil Good
Stu

Brian

Mick T

The sacking of Stu opened the door for the lovely super-talented Nicky Hopkins.

The sacking of Brian opened the door for the lovely super-talented Mick Taylor.
Can you imagine the music made during the golden 68-72 years without MT? Me neither...

The departure of MT opened the door for Ron Wood and the weaving onstage era of the band (75-82). had MT stayed the Stones would have become like LZ between 73 and 77 : on each tour the songs would have been extended and extended with longer and longer guitar solos.
Yuck!

So no regrets for these 3! thumbs up

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: July 18, 2018 00:04

Seems to me everybody has at least some regrets.

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: July 18, 2018 00:14

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: July 18, 2018 00:17

dcba

The sacking of Stu's refusal to play minor chords opened the door for the lovely super-talented Nicky Hopkins. smiling smiley

Posted by: dgodkin ()
Date: July 18, 2018 00:20

they should have very few regrets, its life shit happens, what a great run,only maybe small regret, would be changing the words to lets spend the night together, to appease ed Sullivan, that's the one thing I give morrison props for he didnt

Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: July 18, 2018 00:28

I would imagine Mick regrets attending the 'Redlands party' in 1967.
Caused a lot of problems later on.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: July 18, 2018 00:41

dgodkin
they should have very few regrets, its life shit happens, what a great run,only maybe small regret, would be changing the words to lets spend the night together, to appease ed Sullivan, that's the one thing I give morrison props for he didnt
Agree, they may regret that especially after Morrison's rebuke.

In their defense, The Doors appearance was some nine months (in a rapidly radically changing country) after theirs, and no doubt fueled by the stones appeasement.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-07-18 01:43 by MisterDDDD.

Posted by: Harlem Shuffler ()
Date: July 18, 2018 01:31

bv
No. No regrets.

Of course not. They can do no wrong. Everything they do is great. A Bigger Bang is just as good as Exile. I can't thank them enough for the virtually unchanged set list on the No Filter tours which wasn't all that different to the previous tour which wasn't all that different to the tour before that. Not that I think they regret that as it hasn't stopped them making more money than they know what to do with.

Is there anyone on IORR that doesn't have some regrets as they've travelled along life's highway?

Keith has admitted to one major regret which I think we all know about so while it's fine to be hardcore fans there's no need to grovel. Of course they have regrets.

No doubt the class sneak will go running to bv with a complaint about this shockingly reasonable post.

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: July 18, 2018 01:45

MisterDDDD
dgodkin
Agree, they may regret that especially after Morrison's rebuke.

In their defense, The Doors appearance was some nine months after theirs, and no doubt fueled by the stones appeasement.

It was fueled by what they were told minutes before going on.

The Doors had nothing to lose.

They only wanted to be on Ed Sullivan once anyway.

But the Stones were regulars.

It was still a great way to sell a new release.

They were showbiz professionals after all.

Even then.

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: July 18, 2018 10:55

dcba

Can you imagine the music made during the golden 68-72 years without MT? Me neither...

Stu played when he wanted to. Even if he had not been relieved of full membership, they probably would still have used other piano players.

The golden period of 1963 - 1968, including Beggars Banquet, is just fine without MT. What followed would be fine too without him, they just needed someone competent and reliable enough to play. They got more than that, but it's all that was really needed. The songs and all the rest was all in place to ensure a musically interesting future. The "golden period" would still be golden had Ronnie joined in 1969 for example.

thumbs up

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2018-07-18 11:17 by His Majesty.

Date: July 18, 2018 11:56

stonehearted
dcba

The sacking of Stu's refusal to play minor chords opened the door for the lovely super-talented Nicky Hopkins. smiling smiley

LOL! grinning smiley

But... are we forgetting Jack here..?

Date: July 18, 2018 11:58

His Majesty
dcba

Stu played when he wanted to. Even if he had not been relieved of full membership, they probably would still have used other piano players.

The golden period of 1963 - 1968, including Beggars Banquet, is just fine without MT. What followed would be fine too without him, they just needed someone competent and reliable enough to play. They got more than that, but it's all that was really needed. The songs and all the rest was all in place to ensure a musically interesting future. The "golden period" would still be golden had Ronnie joined in 1969 for example.

thumbs up

thumbs up

Posted by: Harlem Shuffler ()
Date: July 18, 2018 12:25

DandelionPowderman
His Majesty
dcba

thumbs up

thumbs up

Ronnie Wood could have come up with what Mick Taylor did? You're having a laugh.

Date: July 18, 2018 12:31

vertigojoe
TheflyingDutchman
Phil Good
Stu

Brian

Mick T

Please explain.

Have you not been paying attention?

Yes, I know a bit about Stones history. Still I see no reason why the Stones should have regrets towards them.

Brian Jones drowned himself into drugs hence didn't function anymore. We cannot blame the Stones for that. There are interviews with Charlie, Keith and Jagger, I don't think they showed much regrets i.e.came up with good explanations.RiP Brian.

Taylor left the band because he got bored musically and wanted to get out of the unhealthy lifestyle that came with the job . We cannot blame the Stones for Taylor's departure. If you can't stand the heat, stay out of the kitchen. I think that goes for Brian as well.

Stue was unfortunate to die of a heart attack. The Stones couldn't help that either..RiP Ian.

Date: July 18, 2018 12:37

Harlem Shuffler

Ronnie Wood could have come up with what Mick Taylor did? You're having a laugh.

Not saying that, but could he have fitted in with the band as it was? Most definitely, as could any number of guitarists of the time.

The band just needed to continue and replace Brian with someone who could and wanted to play... that it would be golden was all, but guaranteed... the songs and the majority of what made it golden was already in place.

The sound of Rock & Roll Circus with the addition of a guitarist who could play and fit in is a musical future that is still golden.

Taylor brought a distinctive sound and upped the musicality of everyone involved, but in no was it a make or break factor for them to be successful and the albums to be great.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-07-18 12:47 by His Majesty.

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: July 18, 2018 12:48

Would be nice if the Stones recorded the song.. And i did it my way.
jeroen

Posted by: StonedAsia ()
Date: July 18, 2018 13:29

The real question to be asked is this: do you regret mortgaging your home every tour, spending your kids' inheritance on tickets, hotels, airplanes, and booze and having the time of your life??? Nah, didn't think so!!! smileys with beer

Date: July 18, 2018 13:51

DandelionPowderman

His Majesty

thumbs up

thumbs up

Friends forever. grinning smiley

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: July 18, 2018 14:06

StonedAsia
The real question to be asked is this: do you regret mortgaging your home every tour, spending your kids' inheritance on tickets, hotels, airplanes, and booze and having the time of your life??? Nah, didn't think so!!! smileys with beer

Not bloody likely!!
jeroen

Date: July 18, 2018 14:15

TheflyingDutchman
DandelionPowderman

His Majesty

thumbs up

thumbs up

Friends forever. grinning smiley

But everything Phil wrote is true, though, even though Taylor made them even better smiling smiley

Date: July 18, 2018 14:39

DandelionPowderman

But everything Phil wrote is true, though, even though Taylor made them even better smiling smiley

The sound and vibe of the Circus era stones with just about any suitabley competent bluesy guitarist in place of Brian would produce much the same sound as this...

[www.youtube.com]

The solos would be different, but not much else. That goes whether it's Taylor, Wood, or some unknown from Shropshire.

At worst it would maybe be a bit less distinctive, but golden still as it is even with Brian not wanting to be there.

[www.youtube.com]

Anyway, back to regrets...

smileys with beer

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-07-18 14:41 by His Majesty.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: July 18, 2018 15:54

His Majesty

The golden period of 1963 - 1968
thumbs up

Golden really? Not to me. Silver at best.
I hear a bunch of talented promising kids warming up for the bigger things (68-72). They make great music but they haven't reached their apex.

Posted by: KevinLocksPerm ()
Date: July 18, 2018 16:24

I think they regret:

Too many Mick solo projects;
Not enough Keith solo projects;
The who Superheavy Project;
Ticket prices;
Not making Chuck Leavell a full member;
Not releasing an affordable CD version of Brussels Affair;
Not buying a VW Voodoo Lounge Limited Edition Golf;
The artwork on Dirty Work;
Never being able to eclipse the Beatles;
Never having the chance to see The Sons OF The Beatles;
Opening the door to the police at Redlands.

Goto Page: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 3 of 5

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1670
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home