Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12345Next
Current Page: 1 of 5
Do the stones have regrets.
Posted by: buttons67 ()
Date: July 12, 2018 23:51

recently been thinking of the great careers the band have had, but after experiencing the warsaw gig was wondering if anyone else thinks the band might have some regrets about the past. And if so what would they have changed.

Here are some observations.

no touring between 2007-2012, was that a wasted opportunity.

no touring between 1982 and 1989, same questions begs.

jaggers solo career interfering with stones career, did it and to what extent, if at all.

The demise of brian jones.

taylor leaving the band

altomont.

lack of studio albums in the later years.

dirtywork.

lack of singles chart success after the 60,s.

obviously the bands path was never always smooth and its amazing to have them still tour, but after seeing how good they can be now, it makes me wonder what slipped through the net and if anything what held them back.

Re: Do the stones have regrets.
Posted by: Lady Jayne ()
Date: July 13, 2018 00:12

From everything I have read and heard about Mick Jagger I would be very surprised if he had any regrets. He doesn't seem to be a person who willingly looks back let alone wastes time analysing how things that are in the past might have been different.

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: July 13, 2018 00:31

Regrets, they've probably had a few. But then again, too few to mention.

Posted by: StonedRambler ()
Date: July 13, 2018 00:34

Why should they? No matter what sh*t they've been through, they came out alive which is a miracle and after 56 years they are still kicking ass. They are the ultimate rock'n'roll survivors. I bet they are all thankful for that and know how much luck they had. No need to regret anything, what happened did happen..

Posted by: Leonioid ()
Date: July 13, 2018 02:11

After every show, at the huge after party, they always have everyone form a circle and they all discuss all of the things they regret... everyone is there from the lighting people to sound people and security and the people who sell Tshirts and even parking people etc etc everyone is there, it is required... and they all talk about their regrets honestly and sincerely and it goes on and on and on and on and on until everyone tells every regret they have ever had and how they feel about it. Every regret circle has been recorded by audio, video and on paper so that someday they can produce book/books on tape and DVDs about all of the regrets... and at the end of the book, tape and DVD they are going to leave 5-20 pages and extra recordable space so everyone who buys the books/tapes and DVDs can add their own regrets in the book... then they can read watch and listen to everyone regrets ... and dwell on them.... for ever and ever and ever and ever... forever.

Posted by: Leonioid ()
Date: July 13, 2018 02:28

Posted by: 2120Wolf ()
Date: July 13, 2018 05:52

Inside word has it that the Stones biggest regret is that they never toured the World with the Monkees...Charlie revealed this a few years back in a conversation he had with Peter Tork...Tork responded..."It is Never To Late Chuck" !!!!

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: July 13, 2018 06:04

Keef regrets not being able to get "Harley" the Altamont dog onto the chopper and back to a peaceful life at Redlands ....

ROCKMAN

Posted by: diverseharmonics ()
Date: July 13, 2018 06:28

buttons67
recently been thinking of the great careers the band have had, but after experiencing the warsaw gig was wondering if anyone else thinks the band might have some regrets about the past. And if so what would they have changed.

no touring between 2007-2012, was that a wasted opportunity.

no touring between 1982 and 1989, same questions begs.

jaggers solo career interfering with stones career, did it and to what extent, if at all.

The demise of brian jones.

taylor leaving the band

altomont.

lack of studio albums in the later years.

dirtywork.

lack of singles chart success after the 60,s.

obviously the bands path was never always smooth and its amazing to have them still tour, but after seeing how good they can be now, it makes me wonder what slipped through the net and if anything what held them back.
I love Dirty Work. One of the few-but it got me thru a weird time--just out of the Marine Corps.-my girlfriend also loved it--when we broke up I told her-i'll take you to the Stones if and when they tour-fast forward to October 89--she was there ..rockin!..I was between her and my new girl..HEAVEN!! L A Coliseum 10-21-89 and we loved it ---they played ONE HIT!! I don't know about The Stones .....but NO REGRETS FOR ME!!!

Posted by: Natlanta ()
Date: July 13, 2018 06:45

Leonioid
After every show, at the huge after party, they always have everyone form a circle and they all discuss all of the things they regret... everyone is there from the lighting people to sound people and security and the people who sell Tshirts and even parking people etc etc everyone is there, it is required... and they all talk about their regrets honestly and sincerely and it goes on and on and on and on and on until everyone tells every regret they have ever had and how they feel about it. Every regret circle has been recorded by audio, video and on paper so that someday they can produce book/books on tape and DVDs about all of the regrets... and at the end of the book, tape and DVD they are going to leave 5-20 pages and extra recordable space so everyone who buys the books/tapes and DVDs can add their own regrets in the book... then they can read watch and listen to everyone regrets ... and dwell on them.... for ever and ever and ever and ever... forever.

yes oh yes.

Posted by: Dan ()
Date: July 13, 2018 06:55

I am sure Mick regrets not pulling out in time.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: July 13, 2018 07:17

So do a shit-load of Kamikaze pilots …… HHHHaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

ROCKMAN

Posted by: ThePaleRider ()
Date: July 13, 2018 08:19

Dan
I am sure Mick regrets not pulling out in time.

LOL! This board needs a 'Like' button...

Posted by: TE ()
Date: July 13, 2018 08:31

Keith regrets not buying enough Fax machines. One day they will be gone.

TE
Oslo

Posted by: 1963luca0 ()
Date: July 13, 2018 08:52

I love to believe they regret they let ALO push Stu out of the group, I'm pretty sure they regret he died too soon.
Any other down they've gone through is part of life, except for "Dirty Work": the first time I played it I said to myself 'the first and the last time' and so it's been.

Posted by: FrogSugar ()
Date: July 13, 2018 10:09

Hmmm...

Treating Stu like crap during all those years.

Letting Mick Taylor slip away (although IORR was a bit boring; Some Girls > IORR by a mile and I prefer watching Ron Wood on stage, he def aged better and is more fun)

Posted by: Bliss ()
Date: July 13, 2018 12:02

Great topic that has never been introduced here!

I think Mick profoundly regrets that his solo career did not take off as he hoped, and he had to slink back to Keith and the Stones.

I think he also regrets that he was unable to suppress Keith's disparaging remarks in 'Life'.

I like to think he regrets whatever his part was that led to L'Wren's suicide.

At one point, Mick regretted having lost Jerry due to his affairs, because she said he tried desperately to get her back. I know he definitely regrets that Rupert Murdoch is now part of his family. And I am certain that he regrets having excluded his daughter Karis from his life til she was 12 years old, as she is now very close to him.

He has said that occasionally he awakens at 3 am writhing in humiliation that he allowed Allen Klein to rob them of their entire catalogue of 1960s work.

Keith has said that he regrets his deep and extensive heroin use. I am sure he regrets the whole Toronto debacle.

He may regret that he and Anita were such poor parents that his mother took Angela to raise. And I am sure he regrets he was away when his infant son died.

I imagine Charlie regrets his foray into heroin use.

I suspect Mick Taylor occasionally regrets leaving the Stones, especially when he cannot pay for needed dental work.

I think all of them must have regretted that all the money they saved by moving to France in 1970 was lost due to legal bills in France.

I am sure they all regret the untimely loss of Stu.

Posted by: exhpart ()
Date: July 13, 2018 12:38

82 to 89 ...Positive that Mick regrets that his solo career floundered but I'm sure he doesn't regret trying hard. Also Mick doesn't seeem to be a "looking back" kind of guy. It does seem like a long lay off between 2007 and 2012 but then again both Licks and ABB were long and maybe gruelling tours at their ages. And of course Keith had his coconut tree incident Ronnie his substance abuse and Charlie throat cancer somewhere in there.

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: July 13, 2018 13:22

I think Buttons post was about The Rolling Stones. Not about their member's private lives. That's another chapter. And you're right, Buttons. Especially 1983-1988 were waisted years for the group (with one exception: U-cover). Especially as a live performing music group. As Bill said: We didn't play for seven years. The hault between 2007 and 2012 I think had much to do with Keith's health.

(Ps. We seem to have many gatekeepers on the forum nowadays. It reminds of the political climate where I live. Much talk about "snowflakes" and what you can or cannot say Ds.)

Posted by: JumpinJimF ()
Date: July 13, 2018 13:49

Leonioid

Sounds great. When is all this coming out on limited edition coloured vinyl?

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: July 13, 2018 15:20

buttons67

You have forgotten #1 :

Keef's heavy heroin addiction that crippled the band badly (despite the man's BS claims that he was a "responsible" junkie (sic) and that he learnt to ski while on the junk).
Of course only Mick can have regrets about this since Keef's in his constant "I don't regret nuthin'" stance.

Date: July 13, 2018 15:46

You're right, dcba. Keith's "junky time" was certainly damaging to the group during the whole seventies. Not much on that in his biography though. There he talks about how much of a leader figure he is. Sure...

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: July 13, 2018 15:51

1963luca0
I love to believe they regret they let ALO push Stu out of the group...

The other stones pushed Stu out of the band. ALO just said it needed to be done.

Date: July 13, 2018 16:00

That's life. First they exclude him, then, when he's gone they all tell you how important he was for the group. I think Keith even said that it was "his group". To bad they didn't let him in in his own group then..

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: July 13, 2018 16:01

Stoneage
Keith even said that it was "his group"...

Yeah, total nonsense.

Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: July 13, 2018 16:25

We would know... how??

Rod

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: July 13, 2018 16:28

Aquamarine
Regrets, they've probably had a few. But then again, too few to mention.

They did what they had to do and saw it through without exemption.

Posted by: Bliss ()
Date: July 13, 2018 16:30

It's possible that Keith doesn't regret his heroin addiction, since it coincided with his most creative period, 1968-1971.

Date: July 13, 2018 16:35

Sure, Bliss. But isn't that narcissism? I mean, he doesn't seemt to take in consideration how it affected other members of the group.

Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: July 13, 2018 16:46

Stoneage
Sure, Bliss. But isn't that narcissism? I mean, he doesn't seemt to take in consideration how it affected other members of the group.
All we can go by is public persona, and so much of that is a put-on. Who knows if he's ever attempted to make amends behind the scene, yet insisted on putting on a defiant "no regrets" facade in interviews.

Goto Page: 12345Next
Current Page: 1 of 5

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1979
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home