Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: OT: 10 most annoying things Grateful Dead fans say
Posted by: Hound Dog ()
Date: July 18, 2018 03:40

custom55
Hound Dog
Modern things you hear. John Mayer and Dead and Company are great. To me they are god awful and I love the Dead.

I saw Dead&Co at Citi Field NYC last month and they were fantastic !!!

God awful ? Come on....

His singing is just awful, can't bare to listen to it. While John can play guitar his style is way over the top for Dead songs from what I've heard.

Posted by: J-J-Flash ()
Date: July 18, 2018 04:08

I am always shocked when I hear deadheads say they like John Mayor, besides the guy being a total cocky ass. His singing is very bad and doesn't suit Dead songs. I am sorry but I don't like it at all.

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: July 18, 2018 19:22

J-J-Flash
I am always shocked when I hear deadheads say they like John Mayor, besides the guy being a total cocky ass. His singing is very bad and doesn't suit Dead songs. I am sorry but I don't like it at all.
Not too bad on the ole six string

Posted by: reg thorpe ()
Date: July 18, 2018 21:01

Dust off those rusty strings just
One more time
Gonna make em shine

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: July 18, 2018 21:26

Most annoying thing Stones fans say:

“Gold rings on ya”

smoking smiley

Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: July 19, 2018 09:19

Workingman's Dead and American Beauty are great records. Don't like anythnig else the Dead released.

Rod

Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: July 19, 2018 09:40

Grateful Dead Merchandising continue to release amazing high quality live material. At least five times a year for the last 25 years.....and mostly pre 1980 material

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-07-19 09:41 by Maindefender.

Date: July 19, 2018 16:52

bitusa2012
Workingman's Dead and American Beauty are great records. Don't like anythnig else the Dead released.

I suggest Europe 72 and skull and roses. both albums are just like the 2 you mentioned. they are from that same era. "dire wolf", what fantastic song

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: July 19, 2018 17:36

keefriffhard4life
bitusa2012

I suggest Europe 72 and skull and roses. both albums are just like the 2 you mentioned. they are from that same era. "dire wolf", what fantastic song

Do you mean Reckoning? Yes, that’s an amazing album! But it is from 1981, so almost 10 years after Europe 72. Desd Set (also from 1981) is another gem.

Date: July 19, 2018 18:38

Koen
keefriffhard4life
bitusa2012

Do you mean Reckoning? Yes, that’s an amazing album! But it is from 1981, so almost 10 years after Europe 72. Desd Set (also from 1981) is another gem.

nope skull and roses. I was just mentioning "dire wolf" is a great tune. wasn't related to the albums I suggested

Posted by: shawnriffhard1 ()
Date: July 20, 2018 09:50

keefriffhard4life
Koen
keefriffhard4life
bitusa2012

nope skull and roses. I was just mentioning "dire wolf" is a great tune. wasn't related to the albums I suggested

The album in question-

[en.wikipedia.org])

Posted by: misterfrias ()
Date: August 3, 2018 21:00

Hey now!!! I love the Grateful Dead. They are undoubtedly the greatest rock and roll band in the world — ever.

But I think you know that already, don’t you? spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Posted by: hopkins ()
Date: August 4, 2018 06:38

crholmstrom
that they are grateful dead fans? grinning smiley

Thank you. You have made my day. I now feel fulfilled and can leave the site until later, maybe tomorrow or Sunday,
and get some grand great sleep, knowing that the heart of rock and roll is still beating,
and will brook no bullshit when it comes to the Big Issues.

Posted by: ab ()
Date: August 13, 2018 00:52

On July 10, 1989, I attended a Dead show at Giants Stadium with my friend Bill. There were tornado sightings 10 miles away, but the show went on. Anyway, the show moves into the drums and space section, and we go for a walk around the concourse. We happened upon a younger fan, and Bill asked him "Do people really get into this sh-t?" The kid responded, "Yeah, it does for you what you want it to." We couldn't argue with that.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1875
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home