Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
OT: 10 most annoying things Grateful Dead fans say
Posted by: dmay ()
Date: July 12, 2018 16:47

One person's annoyances are someone else's loves/memories. I liked going to see and listening to the Dead in the 1970s (boy, am I dating myself), got bored with them by the 1980s. I wonder what could be said about other bands/performers fans.

[www.heraldtribune.com]

Re: OT: 10 most annoying things Grateful Dead fans say
Posted by: Tate ()
Date: July 12, 2018 17:01

Thanks for that link. I really enjoyed that smartly expressed perspective. What are some of the most annoying things Rolling Stones fans say?

Posted by: Bjorn ()
Date: July 12, 2018 19:34

"Ronnie really nailed it!". Very annoying.

Posted by: Hound Dog ()
Date: July 12, 2018 19:42

Modern things you hear. John Mayer and Dead and Company are great. To me they are god awful and I love the Dead.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: July 12, 2018 19:56

Tate
What are some of the most annoying things Rolling Stones fans say?

Keith can't play anymore

Best show ever

They're too old

Chuck is great!

Mick Taylor is overrated.

Bill is not missed.

Streets of Love is great!

If you don't totally worship them and everything they do, you're not a fan

*Vegas '16

Posted by: stanlove ()
Date: July 12, 2018 20:03

Tate
Thanks for that link. I really enjoyed that smartly expressed perspective. What are some of the most annoying things Rolling Stones fans say?

Many Rolling Stones fans get really annoying when they talk about Brian Jones like he was some huge deal or something. That is a myth and it is pushed because he died young.

Posted by: reg thorpe ()
Date: July 12, 2018 20:31

dmay
One person's annoyances are someone else's loves/memories. I liked going to see and listening to the Dead in the 1970s (boy, am I dating myself), got bored with them by the 1980s. I wonder what could be said about other bands/performers fans.

[www.heraldtribune.com]

I don't see people saying "I need a miracle" with one finger in the air begging for a ticket

Posted by: buttons67 ()
Date: July 12, 2018 23:40

what annoys be about whats said about the rolling stones is when you discuss them, the reaction tends to be something like this.

but they are old.

i never liked them, but i like paint it black.

ive got all their records

Posted by: FrogSugar ()
Date: July 13, 2018 01:57

Crap website...I can't even access it, I get an error message:

www.heraldtribune.com -

Access Denied

I'm guessing "Hey now!" is probably number 1, am I right?

Posted by: custom55 ()
Date: July 13, 2018 02:18

Hound Dog
Modern things you hear. John Mayer and Dead and Company are great. To me they are god awful and I love the Dead.

I saw Dead&Co at Citi Field NYC last month and they were fantastic !!!

God awful ? Come on....

winking smileyRe: OT: 10 most annoying things Grateful Dead fans say
Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: July 13, 2018 12:53

Jerry Loves you

Posted by: tomcasagranda ()
Date: July 13, 2018 13:42

Here's one that I can say: I don't remotely like the psychedelic 1967-1969 era Dead. I love the Americana / folk / country era, and the jazzy Blues For Allah.

I also like Bruce Hornsby jamming with the Dead from 1990/1991, and some Jerry Garcia Band CDs.

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: July 13, 2018 14:19

that they are grateful dead fans? grinning smiley

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: July 13, 2018 17:09

The best one I heard of was reputed of a Dead fan who ran out of weed........"This band sucks.....................smoking smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-07-13 17:09 by EddieByword.

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: July 13, 2018 19:24

EddieByword
The best one I heard of was reputed of a Dead fan who ran out of weed........"This band sucks.....................smoking smiley

thumbs up

Posted by: tomcasagranda ()
Date: July 13, 2018 20:09

crholmstrom
EddieByword

thumbs up

That's an old Keith Richards joke.

However, the GD version of Little Red Rooster on Dead Set is awful. The Dead just weren't that good on the blues. Country, folk, jazz though, and it's a different ball-game, i.e Ripple, Ship of Fools, Help is On The Way, Dire Wolf, Black Muddy River, Sing Me Back Home.

Concerning jam bands: the Allman Brothers Band could seriously jam the blues, but the GD - no !

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: July 14, 2018 18:47

When Warren Haynes toured with The Dead a few years ago I ask a co worker who went to the show how was Warren Haynes? he said "he was ok but hes no Jerry Garcia" I walked away thinking, wow you are a nut case. Are people that dumb?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-07-14 18:48 by More Hot Rocks.

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: July 14, 2018 22:50

I'm glad Dead fans found something they can enjoy, that I don't. The only annoying thing is when you tell them they suck, and they insist you listen more like that will changed your mind. But more power to them.

Posted by: Leonioid ()
Date: July 14, 2018 23:00

EddieByword

smiling bouncing smiley LOL.... I wanna buy you a beer someday Eddie!! You seem like my kind of people over and oversmoking smiley

Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: July 15, 2018 04:42

Stones fans can attend a show time after time and hear Midnight Rambler and declare it the best version ever.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: July 15, 2018 04:52

….can Dead Heads actually string a sentence tagether ????

ROCKMAN

Posted by: little queenie ()
Date: July 15, 2018 09:10

reg thorpe
dmay

[www.heraldtribune.com]

I don't see people saying "I need a miracle" with one finger in the air begging for a ticket

that type of tactic got me into the first beacon show in 06 -- it's handy to be an ex-deadhead

Posted by: swimtothemoon ()
Date: July 15, 2018 11:45

stanlove
Tate

Many Rolling Stones fans get really annoying when they talk about Brian Jones like he was some huge deal or something. That is a myth and it is pushed because he died young.

Brian Jones was at least “some huge deal or something”.

Posted by: stickyfingers101 ()
Date: July 15, 2018 14:16

"can I crash at your place?"

"let's share everything - of yours"

Posted by: Ross ()
Date: July 15, 2018 17:29

tomcasagranda
crholmstrom
EddieByword

thumbs up

That's an old Keith Richards joke.

However, the GD version of Little Red Rooster on Dead Set is awful. The Dead just weren't that good on the blues. Country, folk, jazz though, and it's a different ball-game, i.e Ripple, Ship of Fools, Help is On The Way, Dire Wolf, Black Muddy River, Sing Me Back Home.

Concerning jam bands: the Allman Brothers Band could seriously jam the blues, but the GD - no !

They were a better blues band with Pigpen, but the Allman Brothers out jammed them on all levels. I like the late 60s GD, and the Barton Hall show from 77 quite a bit. A few of the Dick's Picks are good, but it gets a bit tedious after a while (imo).

Posted by: mjmjr ()
Date: July 15, 2018 18:13

The Sicilian
Stones fans can attend a show time after time and hear Midnight Rambler and declare it the best version ever.

that is good one......so true

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: July 15, 2018 19:59

Leonioid
EddieByword

smiling bouncing smiley LOL.... I wanna buy you a beer someday Eddie!! You seem like my kind of people over and oversmoking smiley

Cheers Leo, appreciated.........smileys with beer ....although I've got to be honest, 'those' days are long over for me - 1981 - I don't deny some funny moments though.....drinking smiley

Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: July 15, 2018 22:20

The one thing I never liked about the Grateful Dead is that they never talk to the audience. Not a hello, goodbye, or how are ya. Except for Bob Weir telling people we'll be back in little while just before the break. It's a terrible precedent that they continued to display in the Dead & Company shows. It's really condescending.

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: July 16, 2018 01:37

The Sicilian
The one thing I never liked about the Grateful Dead is that they never talk to the audience. Not a hello, goodbye, or how are ya. Except for Bob Weir telling people we'll be back in little while just before the break. It's a terrible precedent that they continued to display in the Dead & Company shows. It's really condescending.

Their fans are so whacked out they probably couldn't comprehend anything being said.

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: July 16, 2018 13:22

little queenie
reg thorpe
dmay

[www.heraldtribune.com]

that type of tactic got me into the first beacon show in 06 -- it's handy to be an ex-deadhead
You are so right. Let that Love light shine let it shine smiling smiley

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1815
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home