Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Stones in Cuba - apart from the show
Posted by: The Joker ()
Date: July 11, 2018 17:50

Read somewhere the Stones had an agreement with the Cuban authorities to stay 24 h max in the country

Fact is I could find not anything regarding the stay of the band in Cuba, even it was very short.

I believe they flew from Florida, in a small plane (what about the other musicians and crew?)

Did they fly and return the same day, no hotel to avoid contact with the public?

Re: Stones in Cuba
Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: July 11, 2018 18:13

Band arrived on March 24, the day before the Havana show.

Getty

Re: Stones in Cuba - apart from the show
Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: July 11, 2018 22:10

Does Charlie ever wear dark glasses?
Why do Ronnie and Keith seem to wear them so much?

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: July 11, 2018 22:17

….. In …. Do the damage …. Out again ….

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Stonesdude ()
Date: July 11, 2018 23:56

They had a band party at La Casa de Musica, a club not far from where I was staying at a home. My driver said that a local club, the one above, was where Mick had been before and he might be there. I walked to the club that evening, and asked if I could go in. I was told it was closed for a private party. Hmmm. this could be a real deal. There was one car of police across the street and a few people outside the club. Over period of hours more and more security and a few bystanders arrived. I asked if I could go in later but the lady with the list said no. (I expected that, but if you don't ask....)

I hung out for a few hours and saw many of the band members come in the front and side door. By the time I left I was the last non Cuban and the music was going strong. There were a few pictures on the net, I think on IORR also, that showed them having a great time inside that night.

So close, yet so far.....

Posted by: Cooltoplady ()
Date: July 12, 2018 04:57

jlowe
Does Charlie ever wear dark glasses?
Why do Ronnie and Keith seem to wear them so much?

I hope you are not serious.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1976
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home