Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Ronnie solo or Faces
Posted by: steffiestones ()
Date: July 11, 2018 12:48

Is there an option Ron will perform solo or with The Faces ?

Re: Ronnie solo or Faces
Posted by: slewan ()
Date: July 11, 2018 12:59

solo is very unlikely; with the Faces at leas unlikely – especially since the No Filter tour isn't over

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: July 11, 2018 13:01

Hope he will release a new solo album soon.
Jeroen

Posted by: keithsman ()
Date: July 11, 2018 17:55

Ronnie doesn't have the balls to do a solo tour, he does the odd night like at the Ambassadors for charity etc though, but i would very much love to see a Ronnie solo tour, especially the way he is playing and performing now, actually he and Keith would be amazing together as we can see from Keith's set at most Stones gigs. The main problem and probably the reason Ronnie doesn't tour solo, is he can't sing, but with Keith mixing it up with him and maybe take someone like Sasha or Lisa with them and hey presto, could be some golden show's if Jagger ever calls time on his band.

I think they don't want to upset Mick, hence they never got it together again properly since the New Barbarians. Mores the pity.

As for Rod Stewart he's full of shit, always saying he would tour with the faces, well he's waited so long half of them are dead now.
But still if Rod, Ronnie and Kenney ever get it together it will be fantastic, as were the gigs with Mick Hucknall standing in for Rod.

Incidentally just read a great Autobiography from kenney Jones. Highly recommend.

Posted by: mpj200 ()
Date: July 12, 2018 01:18

You’re all wrong. Both are on the table and could be closeer than you lot think. Look for a tribute album first. More blues? Have a guess.

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: July 12, 2018 01:31

mpj200
You’re all wrong. Both are on the table and could be closeer than you lot think. Look for a tribute album first. More blues? Have a guess.

smoking smiley

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: July 12, 2018 03:58

A new "Ronnie Plays the Blues" album...a tribute to his heroes...I'd be happy with that.

Posted by: doitywoik ()
Date: July 16, 2018 06:37

What's that gonna be then? Booze and Lonesome?

(Yeah, I know it's a bit tasteless, especially now that he seems to be sober, but I couldn't resist...)

More seriously, in the present scenario I'd definitely prefer a blues (or bluesy) album by Ronnie to another blues album by the Stones.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1643
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home