Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

question on "Frankfurt Show Juli 14 .06" - was it cancelled?
Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: July 10, 2018 05:16

I am considering buying a pick from a supposed July 14th, 2006 show in Frankfurt. However, according to BVs lists of shows from that summer, Vienna was the show on that date. They did play Frankfurt June 07 and I was at that show.

So was the 06 Frankfurt show cancelled, rescheduled or what?

This pick is one of the series done for each show with city and date on the ABB tour.

Any help to explain this?

plexi

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-07-17 02:50 by timbernardis.

Re: question on "Frankfurt Show Juli 14 .06" - was it cancelled?
Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: July 10, 2018 05:55

It was postponed until 2007. The pick is probably real. By the way I caught Ronnie's pick in Dusseldorf 2007 and it has Leipzig 2006 on it. Happy hunting.

Date: July 10, 2018 08:42

There is, then, no way to actually know what show it was used at. Disappointing.

plexi

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-07-10 09:49 by timbernardis.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: July 10, 2018 11:02

The value of a pick is the plastic value plus the money you want to spend on it due to emotional or other reasons. A pick may have been given out by anyone. I have a pick that Keith gave to me personally in my hand from the B-stage at one of the 1998 MSG shows, and another pick that landed on my chest during JJF at another show. It is just plastic, but the story of these picks makes them more valuable to me. I don't think they would be of any value to others.

Bjornulf

Posted by: thomas guitar ()
Date: July 10, 2018 11:32

bv
The value of a pick is the plastic value plus the money you want to spend on it due to emotional or other reasons. A pick may have been given out by anyone. I have a pick that Keith gave to me personally in my hand from the B-stage at one of the 1998 MSG shows, and another pick that landed on my chest during JJF at another show. It is just plastic, but the story of these picks makes them more valuable to me. I don't think they would be of any value to others.

Agree with you Bjornulf. I had the same kind of a feeling, as Keef gave me the pick in my hand during IORR at the b-stage in London O2 Arena in 2007. Priceless

Date: July 10, 2018 11:51

My Keef pick from Koln 1995 is the most valuable thing I own. Back then I was even asking if I can insure it for a million bucks. Haha, sometimes I'm a stone trip.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: July 10, 2018 12:03

ROCKMAN

Date: July 10, 2018 12:27

well i agree, owning that kind of pick is the most sentimental and special. I have never been so lucky. In Dublin, a pick was flung and hit the lady behind me in the head and bounced and someone behind her picked it up. still not the same as being given one.

But I would argue that there are other, perhaps lesser, attachments one might feel about such things. Catching one that has been flung is still nice. Acquiring one that was used and/or made for or at a specific show that one attended might be another. Or some collector like Matt Lee who is striving to put together an entire set from the ABB tour -- that is valuable for someone like him.

plexi

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: July 10, 2018 13:06

bv

right. Basically it's just a question of supply and demnad…
A pick might fetch a higher price if you save the fingerprints on it or you can in some other way verify that Keith or Ronnie actually used the pick.
I got one Ronnie used and threw to the pit in Stuttgart…

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: July 10, 2018 13:15

>Frankfurt Show Juli 14 .06 - was it cancelled?<

See here (rescheduling info): [iorr.org] .

The European Tour-dates were officially announced on 29-Nov-2005 and Keith's fall from the tree was end of April 2006. The Tour-start was originally scheduled for 27-May-2006 in Barcelona.

The originally planned German Tour-dates were: 10-Jul-2006 Nuremberg, 12-Jul-2006 Leipzig and 14-Jul-2006 Frankfurt am Main. Munich (16.7.), Hanover (19.7.), Berlin (21.7.), Cologne (23.7.) and Stuttgart (3.8.) were played as scheduled.

Maybe the Tour-Merchandise for 2006 was already completed, therefore Keith's Guitar-Pick for Frankfurt could be genuine.

There's also still the Poster with the originally planned Tour-start 22-May-1998 in Berlin Olympic-Stadium (but postponed due to Keith's fall from his Library-ladder) ....

Date: July 10, 2018 13:29

timbernardis
someone is trying to sell me a pick from a supposed July 14th, 2006 show in Frankfurt. However, according to BVs lists of shows from that summer, Vienna was the show on that date. They did play Frankfurt June 07 and I was at that show.

This pick is one of the series done for each show city with date on the ABB tour.

plexi

maybe that someone who's offering the pick doesn't remember things correctly. Maybe he just look on his original ticket for the 2006 show in Frankfurt (which has been cancelled) to get the date, while he acctually got the pick in 2007 at the same venue…

Date: July 10, 2018 18:00

well he got a number of them from one of the band techs and was not there himself. Frankotero on the second post of this thread stated: By the way I caught Ronnie's pick in Dusseldorf 2007 and it has Leipzig 2006 on it. Happy hunting.

So we can't know at which actual show the pick was obtained. I would be most satisfied if i knew for sure that it was obtained at the Frankfurt show June 07 as I was at that show, second row.

plexi

Date: July 10, 2018 18:08

Also consider the fact that they've been using picks with last year's date on them, since 2017 actually. Many people have shown pictures. Unless the printing is bad on the pick I think it's real.

Posted by: Kurt ()
Date: July 10, 2018 18:30

(not mine, btw)

What does the pick look like?
Are you trying to buy it or is someone trying to sell you it...

If you like it, buy it.

Date: July 10, 2018 19:23

it got Ronnie's pick from Stuttgart. It has "Ronnie Wood 2018" on it

Posted by: TE ()
Date: July 10, 2018 19:51

I got 2-3 Ronnie. The best one was in Oslo, ABB.
That feeling when Ronnie looks at you, flips it, caught it.
And then pointing at you with that smile. Priceless.
That ones says Paris, LOL.

So was used on 'You Got me Rocking' that night in 2007.
Would be fun to know which guitar he used that night for YGMR.

TE
Oslo

Posted by: erikjjf ()
Date: July 10, 2018 22:26

TE
So was used on 'You Got me Rocking' that night in 2007.
Would be fun to know which guitar he used that night for YGMR.

His black Zemaitis, most likely.

Date: July 10, 2018 23:13

TE
I got 2-3 Ronnie. The best one was in Oslo, ABB.
That feeling when Ronnie looks at you, flips it, caught it.

In STuttgart nobody cought Ronnie's pick. In fact people looked for it on the floor for maybe one minute. I look for two minutes – and thus I got it.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: July 11, 2018 00:02

timbernardis
someone is trying to sell me a pick from a supposed July 14th, 2006 show in Frankfurt. However, according to BVs lists of shows from that summer, Vienna was the show on that date. They did play Frankfurt June 07 and I was at that show.

This pick is one of the series done for each show city with date on the ABB tour.

plexi

The show was indeed scheduled for July 14th but cancelled as they couldnt find a suitable date that summer to reschedule it.

[www.nme.com]

All the Euro dates from the scheduled tour opener in Spain in Late May until July 5th were pulled and the tour started in Milan on July 11.

Some of the shows were cancelled (generally the slower selling ones), others were rescheduled. The Vienna show was meant to take place in June, I think but was rescheduled to July 14.

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: July 11, 2018 00:27

thomas guitar
bv

Agree with you Bjornulf. I had the same kind of a feeling, as Keef gave me the pick in my hand during IORR at the b-stage in London O2 Arena in 2007. Priceless

Agreed! I have several picks from shows but the most precious is the one put in my hand by Keith at the B-stage in Atlantic City 2006.

Date: July 12, 2018 04:12

Gazza
timbernardis

plexi

The show was indeed scheduled for July 14th but cancelled as they couldnt find a suitable date that summer to reschedule it.

[www.nme.com]

All the Euro dates from the scheduled tour opener in Spain in Late May until July 5th were pulled and the tour started in Milan on July 11.

Some of the shows were cancelled (generally the slower selling ones), others were rescheduled. The Vienna show was meant to take place in June, I think but was rescheduled to July 14.

opener was put off from late May to July 5th because of Keith's accident, wasn't it?

plexi

Date: July 12, 2018 04:22

Beast
thomas guitar
bv

Agreed! I have several picks from shows but the most precious is the one put in my hand by Keith at the B-stage in Atlantic City 2006.

again, wasn't that a rescheduled show due to Mick's voice problems? Without looking at BVs list, was sometime later in November or December. Was to have originally been right before the Beacon shows but somewhat controversially cancelled as some said he was saving his voice for the Beacon shows which were to be filmed, if I remember all this correctly.

plexi

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1845
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home