Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2122232425262728293031...LastNext
Current Page: 26 of 82
Re: The Rolling Stones North America Tour 2019
Date: October 26, 2018 12:54

MisterDDDD
timbernardis
swimtothemoon
Ideally we will have a list of roumered dates prior to the official announcement.
This has been a huge help the last few tours.

Tom and Hairball, u r both Americans, so is it:

rumor
rumour, or
roumered

plexi
rumored cool smiley

How did the americans in Fleetwood Mac agree on «Rumours», then? winking smiley

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: October 26, 2018 13:37

DandelionPowderman
How did the americans in Fleetwood Mac agree on «Rumours», then? winking smiley

Was an evil prank they concocted to throw off spelling test results for american youth that lasted a couple decades. cool smiley

Date: October 26, 2018 13:40

grinning smiley

Posted by: wickerman ()
Date: October 26, 2018 13:41

Most likely a stadium / open air tour only. Maybe just a few arena shows like MSG or Forum, but ticket prices would be in $500-1000 range then!

Date: October 26, 2018 13:51

wickerman
Most likely a stadium / open air tour only. Maybe just a few arena shows like MSG or Forum, but ticket prices would be in $500-1000 range then!

Yeah, probably - if you don't consider other options than the pit, that is.

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: October 26, 2018 14:00

wickerman

Is there any reason to think they'll depart from the current touring model, or at least the highly successful model they've employed so far on the 2017 and 2018 No Filter excursions ? It seems to work for them, it seems to work for us, so er .... why not more of the same ?

Hence I am inclined to agree, it will probably be big old open air stadiums again and maybe the odd large capacity indoor arena in some places. And yes, ticket prices will probably be the $USD equivalent of what they were in UK/Europe in 2017/2018 .... can't envisage them being either significantly lower or higher. If it works, don't fix it ... ?

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Date: October 26, 2018 14:13

paulywaul
wickerman

Is there any reason to think they'll depart from the current touring model, or at least the highly successful model they've employed so far on the 2017 and 2018 No Filter excursions ? It seems to work for them, it seems to work for us, so er .... why not more of the same ?

Hence I am inclined to agree, it will probably be big old open air stadiums again and maybe the odd large capacity indoor arena in some places. And yes, ticket prices will probably be the $USD equivalent of what they were in UK/Europe in 2017/2018 .... can't envisage them being either significantly lower or higher. If it works, don't fix it ... ?

And in Europe we got nice tickets for £90. It's a long way from that to $1000..

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: October 26, 2018 14:49

I'd rather pay for an arena show where it is a more intimate setting.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-10-26 14:54 by Chris Fountain.

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: October 26, 2018 15:11

Hope they do lucky dips again grinning smiley

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: October 26, 2018 16:43

grzegorz67

I will jump all over any possibility of Lucky Dip! It won't matter where the seat is as along as it is inside.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: October 26, 2018 17:01

The Rolling Stones are predictable. Never change a winning team:

- 14 shows per tour, two shows per week, short break in the middle
- Some times an extra mini-tour if something unique comes up
- One tour per year more or less, as long as they enjoy it (they do!)
- Lucky Dip replaced the old "first 20 rows cheap" concept
- VIP packages with monster prices with a bag of stuff for those who like that
- T-shirt prices boosting at usd 35 and up

I am looking forward to a big city tour next year in USA, probably a stop in Canada as well. NYC, CHI, LA and a few more, that will be great.

Bjornulf

Posted by: schwonek ()
Date: October 26, 2018 17:08

grzegorz67

smileys with beer

Posted by: Gaetzi ()
Date: October 26, 2018 18:11

bv, do you have any insight as to whether this tour will be arenas or a combo of arenas/ stadiums?

Posted by: babyblue ()
Date: October 26, 2018 18:25

Got a feeling this could be a two month tour.

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: October 26, 2018 18:29

Posted today by Stonesdoug:

Look for a start around April 20, stadium shows- the MSG residency is out as the Who are now booked there.

[www.tapatalk.com]

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: October 26, 2018 18:37

I’ll be jealous if Chicago gets a show and NORTHERN CA does not :-(
Chicago better boogie up front, and I don’t mean paid models.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: October 26, 2018 18:44

bye bye johnny

Look for a start around April 20, stadium shows- the MSG residency is out as the Who are now booked there.

[www.tapatalk.com]

Grrr

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: October 26, 2018 18:59

babyblue
Got a feeling this could be a two month tour.

Thats enough for the Stones.
Jeroen

Re: The Rolling Stones Tours 2019 and on - North America next up
Posted by: Benjiboy13 ()
Date: October 26, 2018 19:01

mosthigh
Benjiboy13
ANY chance they do Coachella next year? That would fit the April / May timeline and would provide a great way to get warmed up for the rest of the tour, ala AC/DC a few years ago. Know Desert Trip was on the same grounds and both were Goldenvoice so they've done something similar, but Coachella is a different landscape and with McCartney, AC/DC, etc having done it, there's good precedent for a huge rock act.

I would hope the Stones at least consider it assuming they were asked, as it is a move that would put them in front of a lot of younger fans. It is probably the biggest music festival out there right now too, at least in the US.

I'm younger, but don't love a lot of newer music, so I don't want to pay $425 plus camping, etc, for a bunch of acts I don't care to see. However, one rock act, especially the stones, would completely justify that price tag, especially with the ability to get up in the front among a bunch of fans who are curious but much more interested in Kanye West or Justin Timberlake.

There's nothing like a weekend in the Indio Desert, but I am skeptical. On that note, I wonder if there's any discussion about Desert Trip II?

I'm just speculating, but based on Mick's comments about Palm Springs being out in the middle of nowhere, not to mention saying playing in the desert is like "singing into a hair dryer" - from which contributed to his laryngitis immediately afterwards no doubt - I don't see them returning to Coachella grounds. I think Desert Trip as it happened, was a one (or two) shot affair - but hey, after a 50 million dollar payday for the festival, anything's possible.

This is a fair point. Definitely the biggest drawback of DT was Mick's voice fading at the end of weekend 1 and being strained for not only weekend 2 but also Vegas.

You'd wish/ think a week off in between could be fine, but I suppose if it gets as bad as it did with full on Laryngitis, it's obviously not. That could jeopardize later dates.

It's too bad that happened, as there hundreds of acts that have done Coachella, Indio, etc and were not effected the same way...but I can see why they'd be hesitant. My only thing is that with recent shows at Glastonbury, Hyde, Cuba, and a few others, they seem to like to do things they've never done or that have significance. I see Coachella as something they'd enjoy to add to their resume from the younger / youth relevance perspective.

Oh well. I can dream...

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: October 26, 2018 19:03

Can't find any mention about future The Who shows. Not on their website or anywhere else.

Posted by: schwonek ()
Date: October 26, 2018 20:03

bye bye johnny

[www.tapatalk.com]

Damn it. I already started planing NYC and it felt really good. Too bad.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: October 26, 2018 20:40

Hoping The Who make a return to the West Coast - specifically the southern part of the West Coast, and even more specifically somewhere in the L.A. area.

As for the Stones, if true about a no-go for MSG, that might rule out arenas anywhere, and if so will be satisfied to attend one enormous blast in a massive stadium.
From my perspective, would be appropriate and poetic if they played the L.A. Coliseum - saw my first shows there in '81, again in '89, and would happily be there for what could possibly be my last time in '18.

Posted by: Gaetzi ()
Date: October 26, 2018 20:59

If MSG is off my guess would be Citi Field in Queens where the NY Mets play. That seems to be the outdoor stadium that hosts concerts in NYC.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: October 26, 2018 21:04

timbernardis
swimtothemoon
Ideally we will have a list of roumered dates prior to the official announcement.

rumor
rumour, or
roumered

plexi

Depends...even though they're pronounced the same, I was taught to spell it rumor, but having lived in England and the fact my wife is English, it is definitely rumour - she won that battlle.
BUT...I say tomato (tuh-MAY-toh), and she pronounces it tuh-MAH-toh. I say aluminum (a-loo-men-em), and she says aluminium (al-yuh-min-ee-uh-um) - I could never acquire either of those pronunciations.

The debate rages on between us regarding aluminum...

via wiki:

British chemist Humphry Davy, who performed a number of experiments aimed to synthesize the metal, is credited as the person who named the element. In 1808, he suggested the metal be named alumium.[84] This suggestion was criticized by contemporary chemists from France, Germany, and Sweden, who insisted the metal should be named for the oxide, alumina, from which it would be isolated.[85] In 1812, Davy chose aluminum, thus producing the modern name.[86] However, it is spelled and pronounced differently outside of North America: aluminum is in use in the U.S. and Canada while aluminium is in use elsewhere

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2018-10-26 21:11 by Hairball.

Posted by: swimtothemoon ()
Date: October 27, 2018 00:27

Hairball
timbernardis
swimtothemoon

rumor
rumour, or
roumered

plexi

Depends...even though they're pronounced the same, I was taught to spell it rumor, but having lived in England and the fact my wife is English, it is definitely rumour - she won that battlle.
BUT...I say tomato (tuh-MAY-toh), and she pronounces it tuh-MAH-toh. I say aluminum (a-loo-men-em), and she says aluminium (al-yuh-min-ee-uh-um) - I could never acquire either of those pronunciations.

The debate rages on between us regarding aluminum...

via wiki:

British chemist Humphry Davy, who performed a number of experiments aimed to synthesize the metal, is credited as the person who named the element. In 1808, he suggested the metal be named alumium.[84] This suggestion was criticized by contemporary chemists from France, Germany, and Sweden, who insisted the metal should be named for the oxide, alumina, from which it would be isolated.[85] In 1812, Davy chose aluminum, thus producing the modern name.[86] However, it is spelled and pronounced differently outside of North America: aluminum is in use in the U.S. and Canada while aluminium is in use elsewhere

Hi Plexi. HaHa...Well my honest answer regarding “rumor or rumour”
is it depends on what my spell checker decides!

Posted by: peoplewitheyes ()
Date: October 27, 2018 01:34

Is there any chance of Mexico on next year's 'North America' jaunt?

Date: October 27, 2018 02:54

I see the new outdoor Levi Stadium (home of the 49ers football team)
in Santa Clara, CA is open April-May 2019
Large lots of tickets outdoor CA sunshine smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-10-27 02:58 by 35love.

Posted by: ohmercy61 ()
Date: October 27, 2018 03:02

Out door stadiums in April. May. Gonna be cold

Date: October 27, 2018 03:03

Oh, Levi’s Stadium Santa Clara too big, I’m told. Plus the parking is a true nightmare.

Giants Stadium it is! San Francisco what a blassstttt——

still doing wish lists, right? drinking smiley

Posted by: ohmercy61 ()
Date: October 27, 2018 03:03

They won't be on east coast still snows then.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2122232425262728293031...LastNext
Current Page: 26 of 82

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 2017
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home