Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2021222324252627282930...LastNext
Current Page: 25 of 82
Re: The Rolling Stones Tours 2019 and on - North America next up
Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: October 25, 2018 05:06

MisterDDDD
corriecas
MisterDDDD
I use a great "artsy" hotel in the "upper" lower east side. Ten minute walk to MSG, that also has fantastic weekly rates.
Really hoping a week is needed for three shows cool smiley

Forget about that. They do 2 shows a week. at least, that was the case in Europe in 2017/2018. It wont be different.
Jeroen
Rumors are three shows at MSG.
Zip Code 2 pattern was Sat, Wed, and occasional Fridays.
They did three shows in a week, in different countries even (Cardiff, London, Berlin) and a few more three shows a week as well (Dublin, two Londons)

Also when they played the same venue (Paris for ex) again, three in a week. winking smiley

Dublin and London II this year were 8 days apart.

plexi

Date: October 25, 2018 05:08

kahoosier
Big gamble, but already approved for annual leave 3-30 June , all I need no3w is a tour schedule winking smiley

Kahoosier, u still out there? I thought u had dropped off the face of the earth.

plexi

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: October 25, 2018 09:45

The New Yorker Hotel is still in business but it's a Wyndham property these days.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-10-25 09:45 by Topi.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: October 25, 2018 16:23

timbernardis

Dublin and London II this year were 8 days apart.

plexi

And Dusseldorf, Stockholm and Arnhelm were 6 days apart.
But I'll rephrase to make it clearer.
Pretty likely to be able to catch three shows at the same venue in about a week., give or take a day. Point stands drinking smiley

Posted by: Benjiboy13 ()
Date: October 25, 2018 19:49

ANY chance they do Coachella next year? That would fit the April / May timeline and would provide a great way to get warmed up for the rest of the tour, ala AC/DC a few years ago. Know Desert Trip was on the same grounds and both were Goldenvoice so they've done something similar, but Coachella is a different landscape and with McCartney, AC/DC, etc having done it, there's good precedent for a huge rock act.

I would hope the Stones at least consider it assuming they were asked, as it is a move that would put them in front of a lot of younger fans. It is probably the biggest music festival out there right now too, at least in the US.

I'm younger, but don't love a lot of newer music, so I don't want to pay $425 plus camping, etc, for a bunch of acts I don't care to see. However, one rock act, especially the stones, would completely justify that price tag, especially with the ability to get up in the front among a bunch of fans who are curious but much more interested in Kanye West or Justin Timberlake.

There's nothing like a weekend in the Indio Desert, but I am skeptical. On that note, I wonder if there's any discussion about Desert Trip II?

Posted by: schwonek ()
Date: October 25, 2018 20:46

bv
The North America Tour 2019 will probably start April/May, with an announcement in March 2019. Things may change from now until March, but that is what I know today.

Stones @ MSG

Anyone looked into the dates yet? I am sure Billy Joel dates are fixed and some games and concerts also. Can we spot the timing for the Stones?

And: what do you think? Will there be lucky dips for MSG?

Posted by: mosthigh ()
Date: October 25, 2018 21:02

Benjiboy13
ANY chance they do Coachella next year? That would fit the April / May timeline and would provide a great way to get warmed up for the rest of the tour, ala AC/DC a few years ago. Know Desert Trip was on the same grounds and both were Goldenvoice so they've done something similar, but Coachella is a different landscape and with McCartney, AC/DC, etc having done it, there's good precedent for a huge rock act.

I would hope the Stones at least consider it assuming they were asked, as it is a move that would put them in front of a lot of younger fans. It is probably the biggest music festival out there right now too, at least in the US.

I'm younger, but don't love a lot of newer music, so I don't want to pay $425 plus camping, etc, for a bunch of acts I don't care to see. However, one rock act, especially the stones, would completely justify that price tag, especially with the ability to get up in the front among a bunch of fans who are curious but much more interested in Kanye West or Justin Timberlake.

There's nothing like a weekend in the Indio Desert, but I am skeptical. On that note, I wonder if there's any discussion about Desert Trip II?

I'm just speculating, but based on Mick's comments about Palm Springs being out in the middle of nowhere, not to mention saying playing in the desert is like "singing into a hair dryer" - from which contributed to his laryngitis immediately afterwards no doubt - I don't see them returning to Coachella grounds. I think Desert Trip as it happened, was a one (or two) shot affair - but hey, after a 50 million dollar payday for the festival, anything's possible.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: October 25, 2018 21:12

Dan had speculated about the possibility of the Arroyo Seco Festival which takes place in the massive park surrounding the Rose Bowl in Pasadena.
Pleasant weather, and would be an all around great atmosphere (went the first day this year for Neil Young), but it takes place in June so might be out of the question.

Re: The Rolling Stones North America Tour 2019
Posted by: bv ()
Date: October 25, 2018 21:17

I don't want to see Jethro Tull and other OT stuff on top of the IORR forum pages, so I made the two most important theads sticky. Nothing is confirmet yet but it seems like the tour is coming, as expected late April to Early May.

Bjornulf

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: October 25, 2018 22:12

*gasp it’s a sticky
I just struck a deal
I get 1 show in California
CALIFORNIA
I told my H
look I can’t take the stress
just promise me you’ll take me to 1 show in CA
and I’ll be nice the whole next 8 months
grinning smiley

Posted by: babyblue ()
Date: October 25, 2018 22:52

mosthigh
Benjiboy13

I'm just speculating, but based on Mick's comments about Palm Springs being out in the middle of nowhere, not to mention saying playing in the desert is like "singing into a hair dryer" - from which contributed to his laryngitis immediately afterwards no doubt - I don't see them returning to Coachella grounds. I think Desert Trip as it happened, was a one (or two) shot affair - but hey, after a 50 million dollar payday for the festival, anything's possible.

I would like to see Vegas or San Jose again

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: October 26, 2018 00:32

Vegas would be great, and they could finish where they left off in 2016.
Best scenario would be back to MGM as the sound is better and it's smaller making it more intimate than the new sterile behemoth T-mobile arena. Some of my favorite Stones shows have been at MGM!

And if this talk of all arenas becomes a reality, I'm hoping for the L.A. Forum, the very small San Diego Sports Arena, and the good old MGM in Vegas.
Or maybe like the MSG rumours, a multi-night stand at the L.A. Forum spread over a week...thumbs up

Posted by: schwonek ()
Date: October 26, 2018 01:18

Looking at their touring history:
62-82 was just 20yrs of touring
89-19 will be 30 yrs of touring
Just wow. What a life.

Posted by: IrisC ()
Date: October 26, 2018 01:25

Great news BV especially since I live only 50 miles from NYC!

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: October 26, 2018 01:28

Vegas is so last dry season.

If we are making a wish list (better than the death wish thread, ya?)

*Northern California* please
Sacramento the Bay Area and back down California love

Date: October 26, 2018 02:24

35love
Vegas is so last dry season.

If we are making a wish list (better than the death wish thread, ya?)

*Northern California* please
Sacramento the Bay Area and back down California love

Yes!
Right after their Seattle/Vancouver shows of course cool smiley

A drive down the coast is gorgeous that time of year, and I can make it to SF in about 12 hours (!!)

It will indeed be interesting when solid rumors of other cities/venues start to emerge.

Posted by: steffialicia ()
Date: October 26, 2018 02:33

bv
I don't want to see Jethro Tull and other OT stuff on top of the IORR forum pages, so I made the two most important theads sticky. Nothing is confirmet yet but it seems like the tour is coming, as expected late April to Early May.

Does this mean the announcement of dates, etc. should be in late April, early May?

Posted by: Cooltoplady ()
Date: October 26, 2018 02:35

He didn’t say NYC

Posted by: TKinOH ()
Date: October 26, 2018 03:44

MSG owns the LA Forum... I could see a run of shows at both buildings.
'
Got shut out of a Kings game during the lockout in '94, when I went out to see The Stones at the Rose Bowl, so me and my bud went to the Vegas MGM #2 show instead!!

So, shows at The Forum would be coming full circle for me, since I never have seen an event there... and my same friend lives in Inglewood now, right next to the new behemoth Rams stadium going up across the street from The Forum.

And yes, MSG is still on my radar!

Good thing I bought extra vacation days again for next year!

PS... Thanx for the Sticky, BV!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-10-26 03:53 by TKinOH.

Posted by: PalaisRoyale ()
Date: October 26, 2018 03:54

Maybe we will actually get an old fashioned themed tour celebrating the name of the new album.

Posted by: Donnebr ()
Date: October 26, 2018 05:37

Hopefully someone will post a date as soon as known so as to get a jump on NYC hotels

Posted by: babyblue ()
Date: October 26, 2018 05:52

Wonder if Ticketmaster will be selling tickets.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: October 26, 2018 08:50

With a tour start around April/May there should be an announcement 6-7 weeks before that i.e. early March, give or take a couple of weeks.

Bjornulf

Posted by: swimtothemoon ()
Date: October 26, 2018 09:52

Ideally we will have a list of roumered dates prior to the official announcement.
This has been a huge help the last few tours.

Date: October 26, 2018 10:12

Hairball
Vegas would be great, and they could finish where they left off in 2016.
Best scenario would be back to MGM as the sound is better and it's smaller making it more intimate than the new sterile behemoth T-mobile arena. Some of my favorite Stones shows have been at MGM!

And if this talk of all arenas becomes a reality, I'm hoping for the L.A. Forum, the very small San Diego Sports Arena, and the good old MGM in Vegas.
Or maybe like the MSG rumours, a multi-night stand at the L.A. Forum spread over a week...thumbs up

just like '75

plexi

Date: October 26, 2018 10:19

swimtothemoon
Ideally we will have a list of roumered dates prior to the official announcement.

Tom and Hairball, u r both Americans, so is it:

rumor
rumour, or
roumered

plexi

Posted by: swimtothemoon ()
Date: October 26, 2018 10:23

The Stones need to stay away from that dusty Coachella/Desert Trip field unless it’s the last stop on the tour. I’m sure they know that though...

Date: October 26, 2018 11:36

U didn't answer my question.

plexi

Date: October 26, 2018 11:56

If the album comes as part of a ticket bundle (as mentioned here earlier), and the tour starts in April/May, how can the album release be at a later date (late May/early June)?

They won't offer the bundle before late May/early June?

Date: October 26, 2018 12:43

timbernardis
swimtothemoon

Tom and Hairball, u r both Americans, so is it:

rumor
rumour, or
roumered

plexi
rumored cool smiley

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2021222324252627282930...LastNext
Current Page: 25 of 82

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1522
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50