Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...7891011121314151617...LastNext
Current Page: 12 of 82
Re: Shows in 2019
Posted by: Leonioid ()
Date: September 11, 2018 22:35

jumpontopofmebaby
virgil
kovach
Send It To me
St. Louis - home of Chuck Berry

Our baseball stadium, Busch Stadium, has been booking more shows lately, 2-3 per summer, and we have a nice big empty indoor football stadium.

Center of the country.

Bring it on!

Yes Kovach ; they did one of their best pay per views from that stadium in 97

I was there ...2nd row isle seats at the center. And I am in the uncut video when Mick is announcing the band members!

I have looked for the uncut version lately and cannot find.

I was right behind you 7th row, center section, on the aisle, Keefs side, but I am in no footage I have ever seen of that show. But my flag can be seen waving left side of the center stage... when we ran back there for that part.

It is funny interesting... being up front at the show... and then seeing several recorded versions of the show it later... made me fully realize how they digitally (or somehow) black out the audience on wider shots, but when when I watch movies and there is a concert scene they seem to go out of their way to light up the audience... but in real life they black out the audience.

Date: September 11, 2018 23:36

Leonioid
jumpontopofmebaby
virgil
kovach
Send It To me

Our baseball stadium, Busch Stadium, has been booking more shows lately, 2-3 per summer, and we have a nice big empty indoor football stadium.

Center of the country.

Bring it on!

I was there ...2nd row isle seats at the center. And I am in the uncut video when Mick is announcing the band members!

I was right behind you 7th row, center section, on the aisle, Keefs side, but I am in no footage I have ever seen of that show. But my flag can be seen waving left side of the center stage... when we ran back there for that part.

It is funny interesting... being up front at the show... and then seeing several recorded versions of the show it later... made me fully realize how they digitally (or somehow) black out the audience on wider shots, but when when I watch movies and there is a concert scene they seem to go out of their way to light up the audience... but in real life they black out the audience.

Did you see Marty Stuart and his chick walked up to the front of the stage and stand there for a few minutes. He had big hair!

And I was on Ronnies side

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 2018-09-11 23:38 by jumpontopofmebaby.

Re: The Rolling Stones Tours 2019 and on - North America next up
Posted by: Gaetzi ()
Date: September 11, 2018 23:53

Bring on North America summer tour 2019!!

Posted by: Leonioid ()
Date: September 12, 2018 02:38

jumpontopofmebaby

Did you see Marty Stuart and his chick walked up to the front of the stage and stand there for a few minutes. He had big hair!

And I was on Ronnies side

grinning smiley I did not see that...

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2018-09-12 03:06 by Leonioid.

Posted by: Dan ()
Date: September 12, 2018 02:47

Arroyo Seco Festival in Pasadena

Posted by: TeddyB1018 ()
Date: September 12, 2018 02:52

Dan

Sounds very feasible.

Posted by: virgil ()
Date: September 12, 2018 03:00

jumpontopofmebaby
virgil
kovach
Send It To me

Center of the country.

Bring it on!

Hey Jumpontopofmebaby that’s so cool. I have been too four pay per view shows over the years 81 Hampton , 89 Atlantic City , 2003 Madison Square and 2012 Newark NJ and never came into camera shot.

I watched from home that night, My all time favorite versions of Out of Control and Like a Rolling stone are both from that show.

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: September 12, 2018 03:46

bv
They toured North America in 2013 and 2015. Plus three public North America shows in 2012, same in 2017.

I think he meant 2016, not 2017.

plexi

Posted by: Kurt ()
Date: September 12, 2018 04:06

Detroit has a new arena...

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: September 12, 2018 04:06

bring on RED ROCKS AMPITHEATRE, near Denver. There was a rumour, I think before the Zip Code tour, that they would play there. They are one of the few classic bands that have not played there. The Beatles, Zep, the Dead, Hendrix, U2, the list goes on, but not the Stones. And such a beautiful setting -- sheer red rock canyon walls surround the venue and provide good acoustics. Capacity about 9,500. This shot gives something of an idea, but someone could probably post a better foto ...

plexi

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-09-12 04:07 by timbernardis.

Posted by: tumbled ()
Date: September 12, 2018 04:13

I myself would like to see them at madison square garden one more time. That was my pal Dave's last wish. literally in an email to me. we can dream!

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: September 12, 2018 04:49

Dan

I'd go for that, especially since there will be multiple bands throughout the weekend w/three different stages. Also the prices will be regulated, and there will be GA.
If the Stones aren't up to snuff, other bands will provide the memories. thumbs up

Posted by: PalaisRoyale ()
Date: September 12, 2018 05:02

Does anyone want to speculate on which cities will host the shows. It would be interesting to see how closely they match up to the final results. Will it be exclusively large cities or a mix like the Zipcode tour? Also, strictly Football and baseball stadiums or arenas? I know people have wish lists but how does everyone see this actually unfolding?

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: September 12, 2018 05:16

PalaisRoyale
Does anyone want to speculate on which cities will host the shows. It would be interesting to see how closely they match up to the final results. Will it be exclusively large cities or a mix like the Zipcode tour? Also, strictly Football and baseball stadiums or arenas? I know people have wish lists but how does everyone see this actually unfolding?

There was a thread called "Shows in 2019" which has since been merged with this one. Speculation, predictions, wish lists, etc. begins on page 8 of this current thread.

Posted by: diverseharmonics ()
Date: September 12, 2018 06:16

The Moon...

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: September 12, 2018 06:28

Hairball
Dan

I'd go for that, especially since there will be multiple bands throughout the weekend w/three different stages. Also the prices will be regulated, and there will be GA.
If the Stones aren't up to snuff, other bands will provide the memories. thumbs up

That’s the power of positive thinking Hairball! Good grief.
Please no hippy dippy tent sleeping 100,000 retirees mostly drunk and stoned for 3 days all trapped, ack!
Or worse, the Colorado redrock where my family would probably want to come with me who live in that state! plus gasp gasp gasp gotta light? smoking smiley up the hills

I’m kidding around (sort of) show me the money NY or Sacramento spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Posted by: babyblue ()
Date: September 12, 2018 06:36

From all these posts I am lead to believe this won't be a mini tour but bigger, am I correct to assume this.

Posted by: IanBillen ()
Date: September 12, 2018 06:38

35love
Hairball
Dan

Please no hippy dippy tent sleeping 100,000 retirees mostly drunk and stoned for 3 days all trapped, ack!
Or worse, the Colorado redrock where my family would probably want to come with me who live in that state! plus gasp gasp gasp gotta light? smoking smiley up the hills

I’m kidding around (sort of) show me the money NY or Sacramento spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

I realize it is just in light talks or simply being looked at for right now .. but Does anyone have any reliable word on the time frame of the supposed tour being prospected for next year? Summer... Spring... Fall?

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2018-09-12 06:40 by IanBillen.

Date: September 12, 2018 06:42

diverseharmonics
The Moon...

This might just work...

Date: September 12, 2018 06:46

IanBillen
35love
Hairball
Dan

I realize it is just in light talks or simply being looked at for right now .. but Does anyone have any reliable word on the time frame of the supposed tour being prospected for next year? Summer... Spring... Fall?

*We’re back to ‘someone ring up Bjornulf for clarification’
Then he’ll very patiently type out an even paragraph, let me surmise:
No.
There was a slight wave in the air, or glimmer, a perceived nod,
toward America.
Someone floated the word ‘June’

That’s it.
Just a crumb.
:-)

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2018-09-12 06:48 by 35love.

Posted by: noughties ()
Date: September 12, 2018 15:08

I would say that this is not good news for Europeans. I was hoping for a Scandinavian leg next year.

Posted by: FrogSugar ()
Date: September 12, 2018 15:34

June, eh? Will it not be competing with Paul McCartney's dates over there?

Red Rocks looks awesome on paper, but in practice it would result in super expensive tix, so not gonna happen methinks... Here's what it looked at during a Dead show (I recommend their 3CD live album from the 1978 show):

Posted by: Kurt ()
Date: September 12, 2018 16:06

Red Rocks is absolutely stunning!

But...most artists actually HATE it.
The altitude is monstrous and the air is extremely dry.
Very tough to acclimate for one show in the middle of a tour.
Guitars are tough to tune and lead singers struggle there not to mention that as a spectator you must climb, climb and then climb some more to get to the seating.

Tough place for an out-of-shape older crowd.
That said...

Date: September 12, 2018 16:15

There is no denying it’s magnificent (red rock)
I spent summers in Colorado and Utah hiking the Rockies including the time my Dad made us walk up Pikes Peak!

Posted by: Gaetzi ()
Date: September 12, 2018 16:51

The Stones played Mexico City in 2016, that's 1,000 ft higher elevation then Red Rocks. The rumor I heard about why Red Rocks shows never happened in 2015 was that the band wanted to drape giant Tongue and Lip banners over the rocks and being a state park, the state wouldn't allow it. No idea if that's true or if the Stones were actually ever in talks to even play Red Rocks. It would certainly be an insanely expensive and tough ticket but the band could do 3, 4, 5 shows there no problem. This would be a show that would be as special for the band as for the fans. A guy can hope, at least

Posted by: PalaisRoyale ()
Date: September 12, 2018 18:10

They also run the risk of Jagger being wiped out for shows with dry throat issues if they play there.

Date: September 12, 2018 18:24

What about
ROLLMOPS
might he have a word to share?

Date: September 12, 2018 19:23

FrogSugar
June, eh? Will it not be competing with Paul McCartney's dates over there?

Of course. If not McCartney, then Roger Waters. Or Cher. Or The Doobie Brothers.

Date: September 12, 2018 19:23

babyblue
From all these posts I am lead to believe this won't be a mini tour but bigger, am I correct to assume this.

Right now from all these posts I am lead to believe no one knows anything, am I correct to assume this.

Date: September 12, 2018 19:27

babyblue

No indications of that so far?

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...7891011121314151617...LastNext
Current Page: 12 of 82

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1442
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home