Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...6768697071727374757677...LastNext
Current Page: 72 of 82
Re: The Rolling Stones North America Tour 2019
Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: November 18, 2018 01:41

Hairball
corriecas
potus43
none of these shows will sell out
Not even MSG????????
hahahaha
jeroen

smiling smiley

I think potus43 owes everyone an apology for the misleading information aka lies!

He's hiding from Bilbo & Frodo Baggins under a bridge... >grinning smiley<

Posted by: babyblue ()
Date: November 18, 2018 01:45

Folks can someone tell me can my friend buy me tickets. Do they check I'd at show?My friend isn't going.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: November 18, 2018 01:57

babyblue
Folks can someone tell me can my friend buy me tickets. Do they check I'd at show?My friend isn't going.

Regular tickets are not an issue (unless will call for pick up).

Lucky Dips are different however, as the credit card holder is required to be there for pick up. Even that can often be worked around though, but can take having to have card and note from purchaser etc.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-11-18 01:58 by MisterDDDD.

Posted by: dgodkin ()
Date: November 18, 2018 02:00

saw the stones for the first time in '81 at the astrodome, with zz top and the fab.t-birds as openers,blows the mind that I will see them one more time in 2018,they got my respect , what a band

Date: November 18, 2018 02:18

MisterDDDD
babyblue

Regular tickets are not an issue (unless will call for pick up).

Lucky Dips are different however, as the credit card holder is required to be there for pick up. Even that can often be worked around though, but can take having to have card and note from purchaser etc.

Thanks Mr D

Posted by: bv ()
Date: November 18, 2018 02:37

Presales aren normally the next day following an announcement, or later that week. There will be time to think before the tickets go on sale...

Meanwhile I would advice to to most of the thinking now, and prepare for presales, with plans and budgets ready. It will save a lot of stress and hazzle next week.

Bjornulf

Posted by: DeanGoodman ()
Date: November 18, 2018 02:47

Kennedy

You’ll want to connect your eyebrows with a sharpie if you stay in Glendale.

Ouch! A little Armenian humor. I quite like the town myself. It's clean, which is more than can be said for the rest of Los Angeles. A lot of Armenian restaurants, obviously, as well as Persian and Middle East. It's also home to the Alex Theatre, subject of a Seinfeld episode. With Uber to the Rose Bowl at about $20 each way, it could be a worthwhile option.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2018-11-18 02:48 by DeanGoodman.

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: November 18, 2018 02:51

Pay and Print.
Pay and Print.
Pay and Print.

Date: November 18, 2018 03:32

bv
Presales aren normally the next day following an announcement, or later that week. There will be time to think before the tickets go on sale...

Meanwhile I would advice to to most of the thinking now, and prepare for presales, with plans and budgets ready. It will save a lot of stress and hazzle next week.

Thank you for the valued info.Much appreciated. Hope to see you at the gigs.

My first show was 81..saw em 3 times then. Now 17 shows after can't believe I'm going again.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-11-18 03:35 by babyblue.

Posted by: Dan ()
Date: November 18, 2018 04:02

FYI, a lot has changed with the Ticketmaster setup since the last Stones shows. Even in the last few weeks.

For shows that have been on sale awhile it's usually an interactive map with various filters and a ticket list on the sidebar. However, when the show first goes on sale, it was the old fashioned "Choose Best Available"

The past few weeks, it's a waiting room followed by interactive map (or list on the sidebar) so everybody is stabbing at the same few tickets, though in the case of the Stones the cheapest seats will be the first to go.

Also print at home is being rapidly phased out in favor of "Go Mobile" or maybe charge you an extra $5 to mail you hard tickets.

Good luck everybody!

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: November 18, 2018 04:08

Dan
FYI, a lot has changed with the Ticketmaster setup since the last Stones shows. Even in the last few weeks.

For shows that have been on sale awhile it's usually an interactive map with various filters and a ticket list on the sidebar. However, when the show first goes on sale, it was the old fashioned "Choose Best Available"

The past few weeks, it's a waiting room followed by interactive map (or list on the sidebar) so everybody is stabbing at the same few tickets, though in the case of the Stones the cheapest seats will be the first to go.

Also print at home is being rapidly phased out in favor of "Go Mobile" or maybe charge you an extra $5 to mail you hard tickets.

Good luck everybody!

I just dealt with that for the Chris Cornell tribute, what a clusterfuck. Having 3 or 4 computers with 3 browsers increases chances getting through waiting room faster and once in concentrate on that browser. Also, need a fast internet connection since the seat map constantly updating.What's crazy is tickets appear and disappear like flashing lights.

Date: November 18, 2018 04:09

35love
Pay and Print.
Pay and Print.
Pay and Print.

The "Pay" part is sometimes easier than the "Print"
(still can't believe after all the Twick fuss, I show up with unreadable paper, and still get in with electronic somehow cool smiley)

Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: November 18, 2018 04:11

So... NO Madison Square Gardens? There goes THAT bucket list item up in smoke.

Rod

Posted by: Dan ()
Date: November 18, 2018 04:12

daspyknows
Dan

Good luck everybody!

I just dealt with that for the Chris Cornell tribute, what a clusterfuck. Having 3 or 4 computers with 3 browsers increases chances getting through waiting room faster and once in concentrate on that browser. Also, need a fast internet connection since the seat map constantly updating.What's crazy is tickets appear and disappear like flashing lights.

It's hard with multiple pricing tiers but you really gotta ignore the map and use the list but whenever something lights up the map, it's already gone.

At least with the Stones, they will hit the map in waves and a lot of people will see the price and throw the tickets back.

And some people swear by forgoing the computer in favor of the phone.

Posted by: OhYesMeAgain ()
Date: November 18, 2018 04:22

I imagine that expensive packages (VIP, etc.) will probably be available from the time that tickets go on sale almost up until the time of the shows? Even for seats in the rows close to the stage?

Posted by: Jeter1984 ()
Date: November 18, 2018 04:48

I've bought VIP no problem to several shows and also used Stub Hub. If you wait until closer to the show, prices on Stub Hub drop and you have a lot of choice. For 50 and Counting, I bought one VIP Pit ticket on TM and one on Stub Hub for half the price. The ticket from Stub Hub said 'comp' and when I got to the Pit the security asked how I scored it. Clearly from the band.

For Zip Code, I used only StubHub for got 2 rows from the stage right beside the catwalk in Milwaukee and Buffalo.

Date: November 18, 2018 04:55

A quick reminder regarding Lucky Dip tickets.

They are released during the General Sale (not pre-sales).
Available only through a link at the stones website, so be sure to sign up for the notifications, as they also sometimes send codes etc to participate.
[www.rollingstones.com]

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: November 18, 2018 05:26

Jeter1984
I've bought VIP no problem to several shows and also used Stub Hub. If you wait until closer to the show, prices on Stub Hub drop and you have a lot of choice. For 50 and Counting, I bought one VIP Pit ticket on TM and one on Stub Hub for half the price. The ticket from Stub Hub said 'comp' and when I got to the Pit the security asked how I scored it. Clearly from the band.

For Zip Code, I used only StubHub for got 2 rows from the stage right beside the catwalk in Milwaukee and Buffalo.

Very wise.

And in many/most (if not all) cases, there will be massive price drops of entire sections officially. And if that doesn't do the trick, more Lucky Dips will be added as was the case in Europe recently.

I remember my sister paying a hefty price for tix in lower loge during 50 and Counting, and not long after that the prices dropped quite a bit in her entire section - didn't have the heart to tell her and she enjoyed the show. And Desert Trip - the massive discounting and dumping of unsold tickets - first being offered via Costco, and ultimately on stubhub for 75% off official face value. And the lone two arena shows of *Vegas '16 which would have sold out quickly in the old days - not in this case. Well before the first show cancellation, entire sections were having official price drops for both shows. And after the cancellation of the first show, stubhub was offering tix at a fraction of the price.

Best to be patient, and while it's tempting to get caught up in the excitement of the initial pre-sales, etc. if you can wait it out while the "flex pricing" runs it's course you'll probably get very lucky - especially in massive stadiums, and extra especially in cities that have two shows. That being said, hard to turn down Lucky Dips at $75, and they're good to have as inurance to get in the show in case it truly "sells out", but everyone knows by now that will probably never happen. And if you're truly lucky w/lucky dips, you just might end up with great seats.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-11-18 05:28 by Hairball.

Date: November 18, 2018 05:45

Hairball, does this strategy still work with seats and if you are trying to get in one of the first few (or so) rows?

Date: November 18, 2018 06:04

OhYesMeAgain
Hairball, does this strategy still work with seats and if you are trying to get in one of the first few (or so) rows?

Hard to say with absolute certainty as it's not an exact science.
But see Jeter1984's post as he seemed to have quite a bit of luck w/ vip and pit tickets, though actual seats in the first few rows might get a bit trickier.
I'd say if you really really want them and you are willing to pay and arm and a leg, might want to jump on them during initial VIP sales - there's nothing quite like being right up front.

Date: November 18, 2018 06:41

Dan
daspyknows
Dan

Good luck everybody!

It's hard with multiple pricing tiers but you really gotta ignore the map and use the list but whenever something lights up the map, it's already gone.

At least with the Stones, they will hit the map in waves and a lot of people will see the price and throw the tickets back.

And some people swear by forgoing the computer in favor of the phone.

There was no other option

Date: November 18, 2018 06:46

Hairball
Jeter1984

Very wise.

And in many/most (if not all) cases, there will be massive price drops of entire sections officially. And if that doesn't do the trick, more Lucky Dips will be added as was the case in Europe recently.

I remember my sister paying a hefty price for tix in lower loge during 50 and Counting, and not long after that the prices dropped quite a bit in her entire section - didn't have the heart to tell her and she enjoyed the show. And Desert Trip - the massive discounting and dumping of unsold tickets - first being offered via Costco, and ultimately on stubhub for 75% off official face value. And the lone two arena shows of *Vegas '16 which would have sold out quickly in the old days - not in this case. Well before the first show cancellation, entire sections were having official price drops for both shows. And after the cancellation of the first show, stubhub was offering tix at a fraction of the price.

Best to be patient, and while it's tempting to get caught up in the excitement of the initial pre-sales, etc. if you can wait it out while the "flex pricing" runs it's course you'll probably get very lucky - especially in massive stadiums, and extra especially in cities that have two shows. That being said, hard to turn down Lucky Dips at $75, and they're good to have as inurance to get in the show in case it truly "sells out", but everyone knows by now that will probably never happen. And if you're truly lucky w/lucky dips, you just might end up with great seats.

Since I am taping as you know, I am very picky on the specific seats. I will buy as soon as I can for the right seats but if it is not possible will wait it out. Since I am open to which shows I hit I will just play it all by ear. For the Zipcode tour I had a prime seat in San Jose, but for Oakland ended up doing the LD route and was in the last row on the side. Sound was awful but recording actually better.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: November 18, 2018 07:01

potus43
none of these shows will sell out

Zero of them.

Wow.

Potusdramus.

Date: November 18, 2018 07:07

daspyknows
Hairball
Jeter1984

Very wise.

Since I am taping as you know, I am very picky on the specific seats. I will buy as soon as I can for the right seats but if it is not possible will wait it out. Since I am open to which shows I hit I will just play it all by ear. For the Zipcode tour I had a prime seat in San Jose, but for Oakland ended up doing the LD route and was in the last row on the side. Sound was awful but recording actually better.

Since I'm not looking for front row - or the first few rows even, and definitely don't want "Lucky" nosebleeds ha (been there done that in both cases), I might play it safe and go for a decent mid-range ticket no further than half way back during initial sales. As for the other one or two shows, will probably hold out and take my chances with a Lucky Dip as backup, and take it from there. For the two times I did rely solely on the Lucky Dips (during 50 and Counting), they were both either on the side or in the back of the arena and almost last row. But in both cases, I managed to self-upgrade down to better seats - even finagling and maneuvering all the way down to the floor just behind the Pit at the MGM Vegas

Posted by: mosthigh ()
Date: November 18, 2018 07:54

They often hold back good seats initially. Its better to wait an hour or so, especially if looking for singles. Also, sometimes the best seats get released a week or two before the show; and, if they think the expensive vip's won't sell, they'll drop them to regular price a few days before as well. I scored 6th row dead center to McCartney that way in 2016 - not to mention my famous front row score for the Stones in 2006, the day of the show - at 75% of face value from the box office no less. Hard to believe, but it happened.

Posted by: snoopy2 ()
Date: November 18, 2018 07:57

mosthigh
They often hold back good seats initially. Its better to wait an hour or so, especially if looking for singles. Also, sometimes the best seats get released a week or two before the show; and, if they think the expensive vip's won't sell, they'll drop them to regular price a few days before as well. I scored 6th row dead center to McCartney that way in 2016 - not to mention my famous front row score for the Stones in 2006, the day of the show - at 75% of face value from the box office no less. Hard to believe, but it happened.

That's what I learned from Zip Code.. in a panic my first show I bought "best avail." but then I realized weeks later I could still browse the site and tickets kept popping up..

Another question tho: anyone remember if all shows go online at once and a feeding frenzy occur, or do they space them out?

Date: November 18, 2018 08:08

mosthigh

Famous haha...very nice, and I believe it! I was able to get 2nd row ticket for one of Roger Waters Wall shows the day before the show on Ticketmaster (or Live Nation)- definitely was an unsold/over-priced VIP originally that was thrown back into the regular priced tix. Depending on how high prices are, and depending on demand, and depending on which city, and depending on the alignment of the stars, anything can happen!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-11-18 08:10 by Hairball.

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: November 18, 2018 08:08

I sure hope they'd stagger the sales and not put every show on sale once. In Europe this year and last year, different countries at least had different on-sale dates or times which made things a bit easier. Can't remember what they did with ZipCode back in 2015.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-11-18 08:09 by Topi.

Posted by: mosthigh ()
Date: November 18, 2018 08:25

Hairball
mosthigh

Famous haha...very nice, and I believe it! I was able to get 2nd row ticket for one of Roger Waters Wall shows the day before the show on Ticketmaster (or Live Nation)- definitely was an unsold/over-priced VIP originally that was thrown back into the regular priced tix. Depending on how high prices are, and depending on demand, and depending on which city, and depending on the alignment of the stars, anything can happen!

Yes, a lot is left to chance, but it's like playing the stock market - once you learn the patterns, you can make things work in your favor.

...and I scored 3rd row for Waters last year. Even got to hi-five him when he came along the rail near the end. Very cool.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-11-18 11:24 by mosthigh.

Date: November 18, 2018 08:33

Hairball
OhYesMeAgain

Hard to say with absolute certainty as it's not an exact science.
But see Jeter1984's post as he seemed to have quite a bit of luck w/ vip and pit tickets, though actual seats in the first few rows might get a bit trickier.
I'd say if you really really want them and you are willing to pay and arm and a leg, might want to jump on them during initial VIP sales - there's nothing quite like being right up front.

Thanks!

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...6768697071727374757677...LastNext
Current Page: 72 of 82

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1845
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home