Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...6667686970717273747576...LastNext
Current Page: 71 of 82
Re: The Rolling Stones North America Tour 2019
Posted by: Kennedy ()
Date: November 17, 2018 20:22

Hairball
Kennedy
bv
Rose Bowl Pasadena California Saturday May 11, 2019
Rose Bowl is 15 miles i.e. 25 km from Burbank Airport, easier access than LAX.

Some historic references to the Stones show at the Rose Bowl in 1994:

[www.youtube.com]

[iorr.org]

[www.deseretnews.com]

I've lived here in Pasadena for more than 20 years. DM me if you have questions on what parts of Pasadena to stay. The areas where you want to be are in the $300-400 range on May 11. If you find a bargain price, it is likely a part of town you want to avoid. There are deals to be found though - for example the Green Tree Motel on Arroyo has great prices and is only a couple blocks from Old Town.

I trust your local knowledge, but for what it's worth I've stayed at a couple of semi-decent/semi-bargain places near Pasadena City College (Howard Johnson Wyndam for one). While not in the thick of Old Town, it's less than two miles down the road on Colorado Blvd. - basically a hop. skip, and a jump. And while it might not be the "happening" area with all the bars and nightlife, I wouldn't call it a part of town to avoid either- after all this is not South Central L.A. The bottom line it's a decent place to stay for a night, especially when the rates are so much less than two miles down the road. And if they have a Rose Bowl shuttle to and from the college, very convenient. That said, for Arroyo Festival wkd., I was lucky to get a room at the Sheraton Pasadena by the Convention Center and Old Town for apprx. $150/night via priceline express deal which I now see is going for astronomical rates for May 11th on most sites, but this one is currently offering it for a "reasonable" $242 and is refundable ( Sheraton ), though that deal won't last very long. Very nice and ideally located for sure (and my wife loved it), but personally I would have been just as happy staying at the Wyndham by Pasadena College ( Wyndham ).

Can you recommend any great Mexican food in the area? I know there's a King Taco, and I've been to Amigos which was pretty good standard fare, but any other suggestions?

JumpinJeppeFlash
What about the Hotels/Motels at East Colorado Boulevard? All help is very much appreciated!

See above.

Hotels on East Colorado are hit or miss, but I suspect you will be satisfied. Most hotels east of Old Town make all their revenue during Rose Bowl week, and the rest of the year, many of these spots are are a bit sketchy - especially the closer you get to Rosemead Ave. If you are near City College, you should be just fine. And it’s a quick Uber to the action.

For Mexican, Chiquita Bonita on Colorado is an overwhelming local favorite. Many good choices though. In fact El Cholo at Paseo Colorado is quite good, and may be a more appealing spot for out of towners.

I’d strongly consider Lucky Baldwin’s Pub in Old Town if anyone is planning a pre-party.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2018-11-17 20:30 by Kennedy.

Posted by: 1badgator ()
Date: November 17, 2018 20:29

Are there any locked in dates for Jax and Miami? I need to book hotels. I expect many groups of Smokin' Hot South American babes in Miami

Posted by: SomeGuy ()
Date: November 17, 2018 20:32

Bjornulf might want to change the news headline of Nov. 13, about the tour, into "No Filter Tour 2019 announcement"...winking smiley

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: November 17, 2018 20:48

1badgator
Are there any locked in dates for Jax and Miami? I need to book hotels. I expect many groups of Smokin' Hot South American babes in Miami

That you will find -

Posted by: MKjan ()
Date: November 17, 2018 20:49

Kennedy
Hairball
Kennedy
bv

[www.youtube.com]

[iorr.org]

[www.deseretnews.com]

I've lived here in Pasadena for more than 20 years. DM me if you have questions on what parts of Pasadena to stay. The areas where you want to be are in the $300-400 range on May 11. If you find a bargain price, it is likely a part of town you want to avoid. There are deals to be found though - for example the Green Tree Motel on Arroyo has great prices and is only a couple blocks from Old Town.

I trust your local knowledge, but for what it's worth I've stayed at a couple of semi-decent/semi-bargain places near Pasadena City College (Howard Johnson Wyndam for one). While not in the thick of Old Town, it's less than two miles down the road on Colorado Blvd. - basically a hop. skip, and a jump. And while it might not be the "happening" area with all the bars and nightlife, I wouldn't call it a part of town to avoid either- after all this is not South Central L.A. The bottom line it's a decent place to stay for a night, especially when the rates are so much less than two miles down the road. And if they have a Rose Bowl shuttle to and from the college, very convenient. That said, for Arroyo Festival wkd., I was lucky to get a room at the Sheraton Pasadena by the Convention Center and Old Town for apprx. $150/night via priceline express deal which I now see is going for astronomical rates for May 11th on most sites, but this one is currently offering it for a "reasonable" $242 and is refundable ( Sheraton ), though that deal won't last very long. Very nice and ideally located for sure (and my wife loved it), but personally I would have been just as happy staying at the Wyndham by Pasadena College ( Wyndham ).

Can you recommend any great Mexican food in the area? I know there's a King Taco, and I've been to Amigos which was pretty good standard fare, but any other suggestions?

JumpinJeppeFlash
What about the Hotels/Motels at East Colorado Boulevard? All help is very much appreciated!

See above.

Hotels on East Colorado are hit or miss, but I suspect you will be satisfied. Most hotels east of Old Town make all their revenue during Rose Bowl week, and the rest of the year, many of these spots are are a bit sketchy - especially the closer you get to Rosemead Ave. If you are near City College, you should be just fine. And it’s a quick Uber to the action.

For Mexican, Chiquita Bonita on Colorado is an overwhelming local favorite. Many good choices though. In fact El Cholo at Paseo Colorado is quite good, and may be a more appealing spot for out of towners.

I’d strongly consider Lucky Baldwin’s Pub in Old Town if anyone is planning a pre-party.

And there's always Glendale if you want to make it a different kind of "interesting"

Date: November 17, 2018 20:53

MKjan
Kennedy
Hairball
Kennedy
bv

[www.youtube.com]

[iorr.org]

[www.deseretnews.com]

JumpinJeppeFlash

See above.

And there's always Glendale if you want to make it a different kind of "interesting"

You’ll want to connect your eyebrows with a sharpie if you stay in Glendale.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-11-17 20:57 by Kennedy.

Posted by: Dan ()
Date: November 17, 2018 21:27

If you don't find anything suitable in Pasadena, the Metro Gold Line runs late from Pasadena Memorial Park station to Union Station where the Red Line can connect you to the rest of downtown, Hollywood and beyond.

Posted by: Dan ()
Date: November 17, 2018 21:28

babyblue
You think many shows will be sold out?

Sold out doesn't mean what it used to. There are always tickets available for an event this size.

In this day and age, instant sellout for a show of this size means prices are too low. See the upcoming Garth Brooks stadium shows to see what I mean.

Posted by: pt99 ()
Date: November 17, 2018 21:47

none of these shows will sell out

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: November 17, 2018 21:59

potus43
Not even MSG????????
hahahaha
jeroen

Posted by: JumpinJeppeFlash ()
Date: November 17, 2018 22:08

potus43

Most of them will for sure but it will probably take some time.

They are still the greatest rock n roll band in the world and still make many people happy, enough to sell out huge stadiums.

Posted by: Bashlets ()
Date: November 17, 2018 22:14

WZLX 100.7 FM in Boston just announced they will be broadcasting a major announcement live from mick jagger and Keith Richards this Monday at 3pm. So the circus is coming back to town. Love it

Posted by: pt99 ()
Date: November 17, 2018 22:17

JumpinJeppeFlash
potus43

Most of them will for sure but it will probably take some time.

They are still the greatest rock n roll band in the world and still make many people happy, enough to sell out huge stadiums.

Oh they will call it a sell out but it will not be full. 2015 is proof

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: November 17, 2018 22:22

Posted by: schwonek ()
Date: November 17, 2018 22:23

I read that the Stones will be making an announcement on monday at 3:00 p.m. - at MetLife? Anyone knows more about that?

Like 1997?

Like 2002?

Date: November 17, 2018 22:27

I’d keep an eye on the USC/UCLA game at the Rose Bowl today. National audience. Perfect time for a tongue to appear.

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: November 17, 2018 22:31

1badgator
Are there any locked in dates for Jax and Miami? I need to book hotels. I expect many groups of Smokin' Hot Stouth American babes in Miami

Would u be willing to share any of those babes, badgator?

plexi

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: November 17, 2018 22:37

Kennedy
I’d keep an eye on the USC/UCLA game at the Rose Bowl today. National audience. Perfect time for a tongue to appear.

A battle of losers.

plexi

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: November 17, 2018 22:37

Hoping Buddy opens in Chicago. And anywhere else he wants to.

Posted by: black n blue ()
Date: November 17, 2018 22:53

Another stadium tour, blah!!!

Date: November 17, 2018 22:57

schwonek
I read that the Stones will be making an announcement on monday at 3:00 p.m. - at MetLife? Anyone knows more about that?

Like 1997?

Like 2002?

Me too, Anyone knows more about that?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-11-17 22:59 by DiegoGlimmerStones.

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: November 17, 2018 23:13

Not MetLife. It's going to be a radio interview with Mick and Keith by Jim Kerr, broadcast on several radio stations (iHeart) simultaneously.

See what Lien posted on the previous page.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2018-11-17 23:20 by Topi.

Posted by: schwonek ()
Date: November 17, 2018 23:21

Topi
Not MetLife. It's going to be a radio interview with Mick and Keith by Jim Kerr, broadcast on several radio stations (iHeart) simultaneously.

See what Lien posted on the previous page.

Thx. In the evening here in Europe. I will stay tuned.

Date: November 17, 2018 23:24

Lien
iHeartMedia is partnering with The Rolling Stones to announce their upcoming tour. Listen to Lonestar 92.5 this Monday at 2 pm as Jim Kerr will have an exclusive interview with Mick Jagger and Keith Richards

[lonestar925.iheart.com]
Amazing!!! I hope this is real, thank you for sharing smileys with beerwinking smiley

Date: November 17, 2018 23:25

Stay tuned my friends! smileys with beerwinking smiley

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: November 17, 2018 23:52

corriecas
potus43
Not even MSG????????
hahahaha
jeroen

smiling smiley

I think potus43 owes everyone an apology for the misleading information aka lies!

Posted by: yorkshirestone ()
Date: November 18, 2018 00:20

potus43
that's kind of the point. Dynamic pricing, more or less full on show day = max return, v little secondary market action. Like UK this year, Europe last year, they'll be full come show time and everyone will go away smiling.

Posted by: snoopy2 ()
Date: November 18, 2018 00:43

How soon after an official announcement does the presale usually start? Days? Weeks? Minutes?

Posted by: snoopy2 ()
Date: November 18, 2018 01:33

SomeTorontoGirl
Hoping Buddy opens in Chicago. And anywhere else he wants to.

+1 .. Also when I toured Chess Records museum a few months ago Dixon's grandson mentioned something about the Stones possibly making an appearance there (Chess) for some event in the near future. Don't recall the details, but wonder if this might happen during the Chicago stop

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: November 18, 2018 01:39

Kennedy

You’ll want to connect your eyebrows with a sharpie if you stay in Glendale.

Why?

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...6667686970717273747576...LastNext
Current Page: 71 of 82

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 2032
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home