Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...5960616263646566676869...LastNext
Current Page: 64 of 82
Re: The Rolling Stones North America Tour 2019
Posted by: stickyfingers101 ()
Date: November 15, 2018 19:30

DREAMTIME
I pray they keep the tour driveable. I don't care for zig zag flying.

Well, if you want to see the WHOLE tour, then you're gonna be driving a lot....the US is massive.

Peter Pan Bus should be fine to get you to the East Coast Shows

Greyhound can get you all over the place as well.

Amtrak is OK, but not very price-effective.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: November 15, 2018 19:34

bv

I hope to have the complete list available soon, meanwhile working hard on the missing bits and pieces.

I see list has been updated with Glendale/Phoenix, AZ added to the Rumoured shows!

If all comes true, I'm leaning towards making this a triple whammy...back to back to back - Phx./Pasadena/SF - a holy trinity...or a devils triangle.
Having lived near Phoenix for a year when I was a teen, I can vouch that it can be hotter than hell out there. It might be reminiscent of Desert Trip...hot and dry...desert style.

bv
The list is complete

Thanks Bjornulf - now just waiting on dates to be filled in to start making plans. hot smiley

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2018-11-15 19:37 by Hairball.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: November 15, 2018 19:49

Thanks Bjornulf for the final update!

A Stones road trip to SF, via Phoenix (or vice versa) sounds perfect.
Home for a Seattle show, then to NY for the tour finale(?) !!

Jazz Fest is also on the option list for me, have to wait to see how the logistics for that unfolds.

Great cities, looking forward to this tour!!

Posted by: GAFF ()
Date: November 15, 2018 19:51

LA, SC, AZ, WA, NYC!

Posted by: Gaetzi ()
Date: November 15, 2018 19:55

That list makes a lot more sense. I couldn't understand why they'd jump from CA all the way across the country to Philly for one show, just to come back 2/3's across the country to Colorado then head back east. Game on!!

Date: November 15, 2018 20:03

This was just posted to their instagram. [www.instagram.com]

Posted by: mosthigh ()
Date: November 15, 2018 20:05

Seems like it's at least 3 days between shows, based on the limited dates posted. That would put Seattle at about Saturday May 18.

Not sure what else is going on there that weekend, but hotels sure seem in high demand - but it always seems that way every time I go for a show there, jeez...

If that is the date, when they do announce it, it's gonna be a shark tank getting a room at a decent price.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2018-11-15 20:11 by mosthigh.

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: November 15, 2018 20:08

For those attending the April 20 Saturday Night Miami concert, the stadium is located in crime ridden Miami Gardens. South Florida folks only go to Miami Gardens just to attend concerts and football games. Beware of fake tix if you decide to deal with scalpers, They will be out in force.

I recommend booking a hotel west of the venue. I can't recommend the beach hotels because I'm not sure of the College Spring Break schedule at this point, which could interfere in financially planned trips . Also. parking at Hard Rock stadium is plenty but will cost 20-30 dollars. However, it is well marked and it will be easy to find other ioorians.

Do not take taxis as they are too expensive.

Uber and Lyft are certainly available but undependable.

A rental car is advisable where tail gating in the warm weather among the Palm Trees is inviting and pleasing.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2018-11-15 20:19 by Chris Fountain.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: November 15, 2018 20:13

NeverMakeASaintOfMe

Oh my - this is great!!!

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: November 15, 2018 20:24

Hairball
NeverMakeASaintOfMe

Oh my - this is great!!!

Yes! smileys with beer

"Billboard on Hallandale Beach Blvd. & I-95!"

[www.instagram.com]

Date: November 15, 2018 20:27

Hairball
NeverMakeASaintOfMe

Oh my - this is great!!!

thumbs up
Same video, but a little bigger/brighter (at least on my screen)
[twitter.com]

Jazz Fest 2019
Date: November 14, 2018 22:04

No official announcement yet for the Stones at Jazz Fest on Thursday, May 2nd, but all indications are they will headline the promoted "extra day" of the festival.
"The lineup for the 50th anniversary Festival and ticketing information will be released in December"
[www.nojazzfest.com]

From an article in offbeat.com
"Reportedly, May 2 will have a separate, higher ticket price as it’s scheduled to feature big-name performers, none of whom have yet been confirmed, although the clear front-runner has been rumored to be the Rolling Stones."
[www.offbeat.com]

Realize once the tour is announced this will get an official thread, and this may be a bit early, but I am curious about speculation/rumors about who may also be playing that day, or the festival in general. Also curious if any locals could shed insight into the logistics of the festival, etc. I've only been once, back in 2009, and found it fairly difficult to navigate the huge crowd (granted I had a toddler in tow winking smiley ) and get close to the stages without "camping" at one..

As the ticketing looks to be separate from the regular festival passes, I am watching this closely as it has potential to be a fantastic day/weekend of music ("it’s scheduled to feature big-name performers") depending on the other performers..

Re: Jazz Fest 2019
Posted by: ab ()
Date: November 14, 2018 23:20

Whoo-hoo! I've gone second weekend every year since 2007. So this would work out nicely.

Date: November 15, 2018 00:09

Some rumors of other potential acts on the festival blog...
Van Morrison, Paul McCartney, Tedeschi Trucks, Dave Mathews, Willie Nelson..
Wish lists mostly, I think the festival does a good job of keeping things quiet.
[www.jazzfestforum.com]

Rumors also suggest the one day festival price for the "special" day (the one the stones play) will be $175... A lot of complaining going on about that price, while I'm thinking.. not too bad cool smiley
I'm sure they'll have VIP packages/sections etc., that will go up from there, and no one knows yet, but.. at first glance, it may be less expensive than reg tour dates.

Date: November 15, 2018 00:28

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-11-15 00:28 by MisterDDDD.

Posted by: ab ()
Date: November 15, 2018 00:45

McCartney is already booked to play the arena in New Orleans on May 23, 2019. So he's not also playing Jazzfest.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: November 15, 2018 01:22

Tickets are rumuored to be $200 for the second Thursday (why it's being called the 'extra day' is beyond me, the 2nd Thursday has been normal since 1991) and no other stages will have acts performing from 5PM on, just the Stones.

It has been called Locals Thursday traditionally but for 2019 it's been moved to the first Thursday, so that must be why the second Thursday is the "extra day", a kind of backwards way of saying it.

Date: November 15, 2018 01:41

Yeah, caught all that about the Thursday switcheroo gaslight.

When I first heard of them playing the festival I thought it would have to be a stand alone type gig to work.. This sounds like a decent plan..
Still curious as the how they will handle the seating/special passes etc., Sounds like there will be other bands playing the day, biggest concern for me is not having to spend the day in a que or missing out on rest of festivities to get a decent spot. This looks like a first for the festival, it’ll be interesting to see how they handle it.

Posted by: coloradocanyons ()
Date: November 15, 2018 01:46

MisterDDDD

"Reportedly, May 2 will have a separate, higher ticket price as it’s scheduled to feature big-name performers, none of whom have yet been confirmed, although the clear front-runner has been rumored to be the Rolling Stones."

Realize once the tour is announced this will get an official thread, and this may be a bit early, but I am curious about speculation/rumors about who may also be playing that day, or the festival in general. Also curious if any locals could shed insight into the logistics of the festival, etc.

Not a NO local but have been to Jazz Fest numerous times.

there will be other big name acts that weekend but most likely not the same day (Santana, Dave Matthews and Widespread Panic are all strong possibilities for the other 3 days...whew!)

Unclear if they will do a night show but I think they will modify the stage in the front

Attendance for May 2nd will be capped (limited to a certain number).

There will be a PIT (called Grand Marshal at Jazz Fest, there are also several other reserved seating areas (Big Chief and Krewe ) around the Acura Stage see map for reference [www.nojazzfest.com]

I would spring for one of the above areas, the GA area is flat and the sight lines are not good.If you get a VIP area you can also get a parking pass for a minimum amount if you want to drive, otherwise long waits when leaving on shuttles or cabs or uber. Bring a light waterproof parka, small backpack and a hat. I like the food at Jazz Fest and always have lunch there.

Hotels and flights will be at a premium. If you search there are a few hotels that you can book with reasonable cancellation polices (3-7 days before) the rest are no cancellation allowed. If you can book Southwest now, worse case you cancel later with no cost and reuse within a year (or refund if higher fare). Direct flights are already at a premium. If you want to eat at a good restaurant make a reservation now or as soon as they allow.

There are always numerous night shows around town as Jazz Fest is not at night (will the Stones change this?), some are epic!

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: November 15, 2018 01:52

MisterDDDD
Yeah, caught all that about the Thursday switcheroo gaslight.

When I first heard of them playing the festival I thought it would have to be a stand alone type gig to work.. This sounds like a decent plan..
Still curious as the how they will handle the seating/special passes etc., Sounds like there will be other bands playing the day, biggest concern for me is not having to spend the day in a que or missing out on rest of festivities to get a decent spot. This looks like a first for the festival, it’ll be interesting to see how they handle it.

That I haven't heard about it yet, seating, etc. I'm going to guess they'll be at the Acura Stage and it won't be their NO FILTER stage.

I'm surprised that they're doing this for the Stones and not having them be like everyone else - load the gear onstage and go.

Date: November 15, 2018 02:19

coloradocanyons
Not a NO local but have been to Jazz Fest numerous times.

there will be other big name acts that weekend but most likely not the same day (Santana, Dave Matthews and Widespread Panic are all strong possibilities for the other 3 days...whew!)

Unclear if they will do a night show but I think they will modify the stage in the front

Attendance for May 2nd will be capped (limited to a certain number).

There will be a PIT (called Grand Marshal at Jazz Fest, there are also several other reserved seating areas (Big Chief and Krewe ) around the Acura Stage see map for reference [www.nojazzfest.com]

I would spring for one of the above areas, the GA area is flat and the sight lines are not good.If you get a VIP area you can also get a parking pass for a minimum amount if you want to drive, otherwise long waits when leaving on shuttles or cabs or uber. Bring a light waterproof parka, small backpack and a hat. I like the food at Jazz Fest and always have lunch there.

Hotels and flights will be at a premium. If you search there are a few hotels that you can book with reasonable cancellation polices (3-7 days before) the rest are no cancellation allowed. If you can book Southwest now, worse case you cancel later with no cost and reuse within a year (or refund if higher fare). Direct flights are already at a premium. If you want to eat at a good restaurant make a reservation now or as soon as they allow.

There are always numerous night shows around town as Jazz Fest is not at night (will the Stones change this?), some are epic!

Thanks for the info and the tips colorado!!
Booked a refundable room when I first heard of this, may take your advise on the flights (had no idea about Southwest air policy)..

Like I mentioned, I have been once, and I definitely caught some really great shows at night.. Thanks for the reminder. Anxious to see the rest of the stones schedule and the details on this (thinking the details on this may come after the stones rumored announcement next week) before I plan for certain on it.

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: November 15, 2018 19:14

I went to Jazz fest once ant it was a week of great music . If the Stones do play I WOULD LOVE TO GO

Posted by: bv ()
Date: November 15, 2018 20:34

The Rolling Stones are all set for Jazz Fest May 2 New Orleans as stated on the IORR 2019 tour dates list

Bjornulf

Posted by: TKinOH ()
Date: November 15, 2018 20:41

Thanks, BV!!

Let's Rock!

Posted by: rara ()
Date: November 15, 2018 20:42

[www.instagram.com]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2018-11-15 20:45 by rara.

Date: November 15, 2018 20:48

Here we go again. See you all next year. New Jersey shows and maybe more some place!!

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: November 15, 2018 21:00

Is that official RS artwork?

LOVE IT

Posted by: georgeV ()
Date: November 15, 2018 21:10

mosthigh
Seems like it's at least 3 days between shows, based on the limited dates posted. That would put Seattle at about Saturday May 18.

Not sure what else is going on there that weekend, but hotels sure seem in high demand - but it always seems that way every time I go for a show there, jeez...

If that is the date, when they do announce it, it's gonna be a shark tank getting a room at a decent price.

That is long weekend in Canada so hotels may have raised prices for Canadian tourists and the Mariners are playing too. The prices look high the weekend before, as well.

Are we assuming the rumored show list is the actual order the shows will happen?

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: November 15, 2018 21:11

Assuming the locations don't change much, Will do 2, maybe 3 shows. Pasadena (or LA) for sure, then either No Cal, Phoenix, Denver, Seattle or NOLA Jazz Fest

Posted by: reg thorpe ()
Date: November 15, 2018 21:30

go ahead

bite the big apple

don't mind the maggots

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...5960616263646566676869...LastNext
Current Page: 64 of 82

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1419
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50