Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...5859606162636465666768...LastNext
Current Page: 63 of 82
Re: The Rolling Stones North America Tour 2019
Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: November 15, 2018 13:39

schwonek
Well. Wouldnt that be a nice way to end the tour - Barclays???? As I will stay in Brooklyn anways - I am in.

Very nice indeed.
Saw them there in 2012, loved the venue!!

Taking my wife and daughter to NY, so glad we will have a shot (it appears) at an arena show!
Fantastic news!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-11-15 13:39 by MisterDDDD.

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: November 15, 2018 14:10

rara
crholmstrom
rara
sarahunwin
Just saw Beyonce and Jay-z at Levi’s. I like that venue !!

I saw the same show at CenturyLink in Seattle and the sound was just terrible. Seattle would be my first choice for the Stones as well but it sure makes me wonder whether it was the venue or the fault of the technicians..

it was the techs. i've seen several shows at century link including the stones on ABB tour. also metallica twice, g n r & u2 twice. maybe a few others, can't remember. i've been to a lot of shows haha. all sounded fantastic. 1 of the few stadiums where sound was a major concern when they were designing it. it's set up to funnel sound back down into the crowd. the seahawks use that a lot. u2 in particular had incredible sound. i prefer century link over the baseball stadium a lot for both sound & sight lines. the last 3 shows i've seen there, i sat in the front part of the upper deck & everything was great.

That's interesting. May I ask which seats you picked for these concerts? I did some research after my bad experience and also read about the sound funnelling (it's the loudest stadium in the NFL, after all). I feel like that was exactly my problem though. I was seated in the first row of the ranks to the left of the stage and I heard every sound twice -- once coming from the stage in front of me and a second later coming back from the ranks behind me. The echo was just terrible.

The last 3 shows I've sat in the ADA seats on the upper deck. Front of it, about halfway back or so. They are also the cheapest or second cheapest tickets which is nice. My days in the pit for Metallica are over. I'm disabled & I can't stand for extended periods. The Joshua Tree sound was amazing. The buddy who went with me is a sound guy (has toured with Foo Fighters, Sunny Day Real Estate, etc) doing sound & he was impressed. Metallica sounded fantastic, too. When the Stones played there I was in the 13th row & that was cool. I'm not in a position to spend hundreds of dollars for a ticket now. I've seen the Stones over 20 times & I don't need to be up front this time. + sometimes its good to be a little back for the spectacle shows.

Posted by: carouslambra ()
Date: November 15, 2018 14:12

Looking good for Barclay Centre. I am flying over with my daughter and her boyfriend from the UK. Hanging fire on booking anything until the dates are official...getting very itchy fingers though.

Barclays centre won't be cheap have just been googling it and Backstreet Boys tickets are $420 at the front seated $250 on the sides and around $180 in the gods.

I assume this will be on the Thursday following the 2nd rumoured Giants Stadium show.

Posted by: Stonesfan2146 ()
Date: November 15, 2018 14:34

An arena show on the 2019 tour makes no sense and probably won't happen. This is a stadium tour.

Posted by: djrambler ()
Date: November 15, 2018 14:38

Everyone take a step back - unless I've missed some new info, there's no indication in the rumors going around that there will be any arena shows on this tour. I think there's been a few tongues spotted around the city, not just near Barclays. If the Stones add any shows in NY, they would likely just tack on another show at Metlife.

Posted by: OneHourPhoto ()
Date: November 15, 2018 14:44

djrambler
Everyone take a step back - unless I've missed some new info, there's no indication in the rumors going around that there will be any arena shows on this tour. I think there's been a few tongues spotted around the city, not just near Barclays. If the Stones add any shows in NY, they would likely just tack on another show at Metlife.

Shhhh...Quiet with common sense

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-11-15 15:07 by OneHourPhoto.

Posted by: schwonek ()
Date: November 15, 2018 15:05

djrambler

Well. Basically we just want to imagine what it would be like. We all know they will not play Brooklyn. Or maybe they will?hot smiley

Date: November 15, 2018 15:07

djrambler

Step taken.

I'll point out that the "tongues around the city" theory, while true, doesn't really apply when they're on a venue (esp one they've played) Could be anyone I suppose putting it up, but thats also been true for any of them.

The person taking the photo and posting it, is a hardcore stones fan.
I'd give the odds 60/40 that they'll be playing there this tour.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-11-15 15:15 by MisterDDDD.

Posted by: mnewman505 ()
Date: November 15, 2018 15:20

Why are you people still talking about arenas?

Date: November 15, 2018 15:25

mnewman505

First Amendment, boredom as well as a tongue showing up on one.

Glad I could help.winking smiley

Posted by: schwonek ()
Date: November 15, 2018 15:29

mnewman505

Well. Basically we just want to imagine what it would be like.

Posted by: OneHourPhoto ()
Date: November 15, 2018 15:36

MisterDDDD
djrambler

Step taken.

I'll point out that the "tongues around the city" theory, while true, doesn't really apply when they're on a venue (esp one they've played) Could be anyone I suppose putting it up, but thats also been true for any of them.

The person taking the photo and posting it, is a hardcore stones fan.
I'd give the odds 60/40 that they'll be playing there this tour.

The Atlantic transit hub at the Barclays is one of, if not the busiest, transit hubs in NYC. Of course good marketing would have the logo there.

Date: November 15, 2018 15:47

Fair enough.

If in the future, any more tongues pop up on any venue, I will certainly run it by the (surprisingly large) committee handling which are there for concerts and which are there for publicity at other venues.

Seriously though.
Not outside the realm of possibility that they would end the tour there.
Or, instead of two NY stadium shows, they play one stadium and one arena.

Posted by: stickyfingers101 ()
Date: November 15, 2018 15:53

MisterDDDD
Fair enough.

If in the future, any more tongues pop up on any venue, I will certainly run it by the (surprisingly large) committee handling which are there for concerts and which are there for publicity at other venues.

Seriously though.
Not outside the realm of possibility that they would end the tour there.
Or, instead of two NY stadium shows, they play one stadium and one arena.

I think this is a valid point. I honestly thought "how can they NOT do MSG?"....

MSG would really be the most "fitting" place (IMO) to end a N. American Tour seeing as "this could be the last time...."

Posted by: stickyfingers101 ()
Date: November 15, 2018 15:53

mnewman505

love and hope and sex and dreams?

Date: November 15, 2018 16:24

mnewman505

Check out the posters outside of the Barclays Center in Brooklyn..

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-11-15 16:25 by DandelionPowderman.

Posted by: DeanGoodman ()
Date: November 15, 2018 16:35

schwonek
djrambler

Well. Basically we just want to imagine what it would be like. We all know they will not play Brooklyn. Or maybe they will?hot smiley

Imagine no longer. I can tell you: Paid $753 at the box office at the last minute as the scalper market was nonexistent. Felt nauseous the whole show. Still feel nauseous when I think about it.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: November 15, 2018 17:04

I think they place tonues all over the cities, not just at the venue they will play. There will be stadium shows only, as far as I understand, USA only this time, and the NYC/NJ shows will be as stated here on IORR, at Meadowlands i.e. Metlife Stadium a.k.a Giants Stadium.

Bjornulf

Date: November 15, 2018 17:59

BV...is the list of dates complete?

If so....is Chicago still possibly getting a 2nd show if the first one sells well?

Posted by: georgeV ()
Date: November 15, 2018 18:12

Thanks for confirming BV, too many want to believe there will be arena shows and Canadian shows.

Posted by: sarahunwin ()
Date: November 15, 2018 18:24

rara
crholmstrom
rara
sarahunwin
Just saw Beyonce and Jay-z at Levi’s. I like that venue !!

I saw the same show at CenturyLink in Seattle and the sound was just terrible. Seattle would be my first choice for the Stones as well but it sure makes me wonder whether it was the venue or the fault of the technicians..

it was the techs. i've seen several shows at century link including the stones on ABB tour. also metallica twice, g n r & u2 twice. maybe a few others, can't remember. i've been to a lot of shows haha. all sounded fantastic. 1 of the few stadiums where sound was a major concern when they were designing it. it's set up to funnel sound back down into the crowd. the seahawks use that a lot. u2 in particular had incredible sound. i prefer century link over the baseball stadium a lot for both sound & sight lines. the last 3 shows i've seen there, i sat in the front part of the upper deck & everything was great.

That's interesting. May I ask which seats you picked for these concerts? I did some research after my bad experience and also read about the sound funnelling (it's the loudest stadium in the NFL, after all). I feel like that was exactly my problem though. I was seated in the first row of the ranks to the left of the stage and I heard every sound twice -- once coming from the stage in front of me and a second later coming back from the ranks behind me. The echo was just terrible.

I was at the back of the field, slightly to the right of the stage and the sound was find

Posted by: sarahunwin ()
Date: November 15, 2018 18:25

sound was fine not find!

Posted by: Bobbyb98 ()
Date: November 15, 2018 18:36

Surprised that they're not doing 3 in NY...

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: November 15, 2018 18:47

bv
Please note that the press is reading IORR and spinning off stories, without references, pretending to be scooping stories. Then they add stuff that they invent on their own. Except for the EP stuff in Uk press, I would say that most of the news these days are second source variations of what is written here on IORR first hand. Don't take press info as confirmations, they are just copycats without proper references to IORR.

The latest copycats citing "the rumor mill" rather than IORR:

Are the Rolling Stones coming to MetLife Stadium?

[www.northjersey.com]

Posted by: spikenyc ()
Date: November 15, 2018 18:48

bv
I think they place tonues all over the cities, not just at the venue they will play. There will be stadium shows only, as far as I understand, USA only this time, and the NYC/NJ shows will be as stated here on IORR, at Meadowlands i.e. Metlife Stadium a.k.a Giants Stadium.

Thanks BV.
People should just appreciate that they will be touring again - period!
You got to love the way they market this and tease us fans!
Is there any other band these days that does this?

NO STOPPING!!

Date: November 15, 2018 18:50

There are so many Stones fans in USA, I think it would be hard to justify three shows in the NYC area where they do only have sixteen dates available.

CHI and NY/NJ are getting two dates each, because of the large populations of fans in these two areas. Florida get two shows to support both the locals and also the thousands of latin america fans who always travel to Miami and that area.

California will have two shows which seems fair when there are so many fans in the LA and SF areas. Then it seems like they are trying their best to cover as much of USA as it is possible during the tour April-June. Sorry no shows in Canada, may be next time around.

I hope to have the complete list available soon, meanwhile working hard on the missing bits and pieces.

Bjornulf

Date: November 15, 2018 18:55

May be for next year, or the year after, or even after that, when they are tired of travel, they will do 5x MSG, 5x Argentina and 5x Tokyo Dome. Meanwhile, all fans across the globe should be happy to know the fact that The Rolling Stones are still enjoying travel to places nearby, at least within 1-2 hours flying or a day of driving. Not bad for a band which have been around since 1962!

Bjornulf

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: November 15, 2018 19:17

While it looks like it will definitely be football stadiums for the most part, there's also the rumoured N.O. Jazz Festival.
Looking at a couple of pics, seems a vast open space almost as far as the eyes can see - reminiscent of Arroyo Seco Fest but maybe not quite as large as Desert Trip
Those giant No Filter screen towers would definitely come in handy here, but would they be utilized for this event? Or will the Stones just utilize what the facility has to offer?
Or because of the uniqueness of the never done before "special" event that has been mentioned, will it be at a completely different venue, but still be considered part of the Jazz Festival?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-11-15 19:19 by Hairball.

Date: November 15, 2018 19:22

The list is complete

Bjornulf

Posted by: Gaetzi ()
Date: November 15, 2018 19:25

Jazzfest takes place at the Fair Grounds Race track, a horse racing track. If this show does happen I'd assume it will definitely take place at the Fair Grounds

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...5859606162636465666768...LastNext
Current Page: 63 of 82

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1533
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home