Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...5758596061626364656667...LastNext
Current Page: 62 of 82
Re: The Rolling Stones North America Tour 2019
Posted by: Ket ()
Date: November 15, 2018 02:04

No offence to people living in the south bay but Levi stadium is a crap choice based on it being in the middle of nowhere. AT@T park or even the broken down Oakland coliseum would be better.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-11-15 02:06 by Ket.

Posted by: thistrain9900 ()
Date: November 15, 2018 02:16

Just got an email from NRG Stadium in Houston about upcoming shows and at the bottom of the list was the famous tongue logo!

Posted by: TKinOH ()
Date: November 15, 2018 02:18

thistrain9900
Just got an email from NRG Stadium in Houston about upcoming shows and at the bottom of the list was the famous tongue logo!

Sounds great!

Bring on the shows!

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: November 15, 2018 02:23

Ket
No offence to people living in the south bay but Levi stadium is a crap choice based on it being in the middle of nowhere. AT@T park or even the broken down Oakland coliseum would be better.

No planes, no airports, no problem.

Posted by: DREAMTIME ()
Date: November 15, 2018 02:55

I pray they keep the tour driveable. I don't care for zig zag flying.

Posted by: Woz ()
Date: November 15, 2018 02:57

35love
Ket

No planes, no airports, no problem.

I couldn't agree more

Posted by: snoopy2 ()
Date: November 15, 2018 02:59

DREAMTIME

+1! I drove 2nd half of Zip Code and it worked out pretty well

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: November 15, 2018 03:14

snoopy2
DREAMTIME

+1
Did you make the drive from Buffalo to Quebec City? Beautiful!

This tour is shaping up nicely for driving to several for me..
I'm halfway between Seattle and Vancouver (if they add it) and an all day drive to San Francisco, as well as Denver with a one day stop-over. All great drives!

Posted by: snoopy2 ()
Date: November 15, 2018 03:21

MisterDDDD
snoopy2
DREAMTIME

+1

I'm halfway between Seattle and Vancouver (if they add it) and an all day drive to San Francisco, as well as Denver with a one day stop-over. All great drives!

Alas I ended in Buffalo, now wish I had made drive to Quebec! However, had to get back home (Alaska at time, now in Muscle Shoals) and did make the spectacular drive through BC and the Yukon .. You're between Seattle and Vancouver, are you in Bellingham? Nice town if that's where you're at smiling smiley

This tour (if it goes as the rumors say it is) I'll probably try NOLA, Philly, NYC, Chicago, Denver, Bay Area, Seattle if the money lasts!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2018-11-15 04:13 by snoopy2.

Posted by: babyblue ()
Date: November 15, 2018 03:25

Ket

Is it downtown please explain,hotels near venue.

Posted by: taz22 ()
Date: November 15, 2018 03:32

MisterDDDD
snoopy2
DREAMTIME

+1

Quebec City has to be one of the most beautiful cities in North America!

Posted by: DREAMTIME ()
Date: November 15, 2018 03:34

MisterDDDD
snoopy2
DREAMTIME

+1

I flew to Quebec City (I wish herb was legal then) from NYC RT. I flew to IND (with Georgia May) then train to CHI for the 'dead' final and flight home. flew to Nashville and drove to Pittsburgh (with stop for Imagine Dragons in Columbus) and then drive to Milwaukee and flight home. If Houston comes before NOLA, that will suck.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-11-15 03:36 by DREAMTIME.

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: November 15, 2018 03:37

taz22
georgeV
MisterDDDD
babyblue
Think last two dates will be :
Vancouver, BC
Toronto, Ont....

I'm going with Vancouver, Philadelphia and Toronto.

Bjornulf mentioned that there may be 16 shows..
This would make 15, with an open date to add a second show (dependent on sales) in Chicago, Boston or LA. cool smiley

Don't think there will be Canadian dates.

There is no f-ing way they come to North America....quote that....North America not the US and don't play Toronto which hasn't had a show in a long time. They have far too many friends and connections here and folks wanting to see them that they don't play here.

They just played two shows in Toronto in 2013

Date: November 15, 2018 04:02

More Hot Rocks

Just?? confused smiley
Vancouver hasn't hosted since 2007.. Toronto got passed by on Zip Code.
I still think both cities will put the "North" in the "North American" Tour.. cool smiley

Date: November 15, 2018 04:32

DREAMTIME

I flew to Quebec City (I wish herb was legal then) from NYC RT. I flew to IND (with Georgia May) then train to CHI for the 'dead' final and flight home. flew to Nashville and drove to Pittsburgh (with stop for Imagine Dragons in Columbus) and then drive to Milwaukee and flight home. If Houston comes before NOLA, that will suck.

I flew to Detroit, then drove to Buffalo and Quebec City. Beginning of the tour I flew to LA and then drove to San Diego. Love road trips for shows.. Yes, the herb legality issue was an (overcome-able cool smiley ) obstacle for QC. Nice that the entire west coast from Ca to BC (+Denver +Nevada) is legal now smileys with beer.
Makes sense logistically that Houston will follow NO (have driven that stretch for concerts in the past ) but with this band geography doesn't always dictate the direction cool smiley

Posted by: Cooltoplady ()
Date: November 15, 2018 05:11

MisterDDDD
More Hot Rocks

Just?? confused smiley
Vancouver hasn't hosted since 2007.. Toronto got passed by on Zip Code.
I still think both cities will put the "North" in the "North American" Tour.. cool smiley

They played Buffalo in 2015. 90 min drive from Toronto. Quit complaining

Date: November 15, 2018 05:19

Posted by: PalaisRoyale ()
Date: November 15, 2018 05:24

More Hot Rocks
taz22
georgeV
MisterDDDD
babyblue
Vancouver, BC
Toronto, Ont....

This would make 15, with an open date to add a second show (dependent on sales) in Chicago, Boston or LA. cool smiley

There is no f-ing way they come to North America....quote that....North America not the US and don't play Toronto which hasn't had a show in a long time. They have far too many friends and connections here and folks wanting to see them that they don't play here.

In that same tour LA got 2 shows/ Chicago 3/ Philly 2/ Boston 2 and stops in San Jose and Oakland. Toronto is not that far fetched.

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: November 15, 2018 05:38

PalaisRoyale
More Hot Rocks
taz22
georgeV
MisterDDDD
babyblue
Vancouver, BC
Toronto, Ont....

In that same tour LA got 2 shows/ Chicago 3/ Philly 2/ Boston 2 and stops in San Jose and Oakland. Toronto is not that far fetched.

5 years ago. They were doing arenas too. At their ages I think its fewer shows to same number of people.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: November 15, 2018 06:49

PalaisRoyale

And the Honda Center in Anaheim also got two shows which is only 37 miles away from Staples Center in L.A., not to mention the Echoplex club show.
So for all intents and purposes there were five shows in the area.

Staples Center capacity at apprx. 19,000, Anaheim at apprx. 18,000, and Echoplex at 450 - that totals apprx. 74,000 for all five shows.
In contrast, The Rose Bowl capacity is over 90,000...while they might get close to selling out one, not so sure they'll be able to sell out two which leaves me doubting two will be scheduled there.

EDIT: Discrepancies between capacities and my math - fixed. winking smiley

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2018-11-15 18:28 by Hairball.

Posted by: Dan ()
Date: November 15, 2018 08:55

Is that LA? Where can I find the best fish tacos?

Date: November 15, 2018 09:09

I've never seen the stones perform live before and I'm really excited to hear that they might perform right here in Houston at the NRG. I've been thinking about it all day long its probably some of the best news I've ever heard because it means I'll be able to see them. I consider myself a hardcore fan so seeing them live will be a religious experience for me I'm sure winking smiley

Posted by: Paddy ()
Date: November 15, 2018 09:29

Currently looking into Vancouver - Seattle - Denver - Chicago by bus and flying back to Vancouver from Chicago. (Having already caught or am getting ready to catch the Vancouver gig) grinning smiley

I’ve always wanted to take a bus across America.....

Posted by: babyblue ()
Date: November 15, 2018 09:42

NeverMakeASaintOfMe
I've never seen the stones perform live before and I'm really excited to hear that they might perform right here in Houston at the NRG. I've been thinking about it all day long its probably some of the best news I've ever heard because it means I'll be able to see them. I consider myself a hardcore fan so seeing them live will be a religious experience for me I'm sure winking smiley

You will love the concert. They put on a great show. You can then say you saw the worlds best rock and roll band. For me I saw them 16 or 17 times, hoping to catch 2-3 this time round.

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: November 15, 2018 09:49

rara
sarahunwin
Just saw Beyonce and Jay-z at Levi’s. I like that venue !!

I saw the same show at CenturyLink in Seattle and the sound was just terrible. Seattle would be my first choice for the Stones as well but it sure makes me wonder whether it was the venue or the fault of the technicians..

it was the techs. i've seen several shows at century link including the stones on ABB tour. also metallica twice, g n r & u2 twice. maybe a few others, can't remember. i've been to a lot of shows haha. all sounded fantastic. 1 of the few stadiums where sound was a major concern when they were designing it. it's set up to funnel sound back down into the crowd. the seahawks use that a lot. u2 in particular had incredible sound. i prefer century link over the baseball stadium a lot for both sound & sight lines. the last 3 shows i've seen there, i sat in the front part of the upper deck & everything was great.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-11-15 09:53 by crholmstrom.

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: November 15, 2018 10:14

My brother and his son went down to one of the new sidewalk tongues in Denver which he described thusly: on sidewalk just to the north of Badgers Pub at 76 S. Broadway Denver Colorado. He says the area is a bit run down with some shady/scary characters but that it is becoming a hip new, perhaps gentrifying area. The pub has a Wisconsin theme "we host Brewers, Badgers, Bucks and Packers games." His son is wearing a U of Wisconsin Badgers hockey jersey.
[note: I don't know how to get rid of the Photobucket watermark on the fotos, someone please advise]

plexi

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2018-11-15 11:32 by timbernardis.

Posted by: rara ()
Date: November 15, 2018 11:17

crholmstrom
rara
sarahunwin
Just saw Beyonce and Jay-z at Levi’s. I like that venue !!

I saw the same show at CenturyLink in Seattle and the sound was just terrible. Seattle would be my first choice for the Stones as well but it sure makes me wonder whether it was the venue or the fault of the technicians..

it was the techs. i've seen several shows at century link including the stones on ABB tour. also metallica twice, g n r & u2 twice. maybe a few others, can't remember. i've been to a lot of shows haha. all sounded fantastic. 1 of the few stadiums where sound was a major concern when they were designing it. it's set up to funnel sound back down into the crowd. the seahawks use that a lot. u2 in particular had incredible sound. i prefer century link over the baseball stadium a lot for both sound & sight lines. the last 3 shows i've seen there, i sat in the front part of the upper deck & everything was great.

That's interesting. May I ask which seats you picked for these concerts? I did some research after my bad experience and also read about the sound funnelling (it's the loudest stadium in the NFL, after all). I feel like that was exactly my problem though. I was seated in the first row of the ranks to the left of the stage and I heard every sound twice -- once coming from the stage in front of me and a second later coming back from the ranks behind me. The echo was just terrible.

Posted by: OneHourPhoto ()
Date: November 15, 2018 11:32

snoopy2
Donnebr
I hope your right about Philadelphia

It hit the solid rumor list smiling smiley

Glad I was wrong about Miami, but I'm still sticking with D.C. and Phoenix for my final 2 bet if they go to 16 (with 2 shows in Chicago) tho Canada would be awesome

I say NO to DC, Phoenix and Vancouver

With any additional shows coming from within the "tagged" cities that showed up with the RS tongue

Date: November 15, 2018 13:20

From Twitter:
Barclays- Brooklyn !!

[twitter.com]

Posted by: schwonek ()
Date: November 15, 2018 13:31

MisterDDDD
From Twitter:
Barclays- Brooklyn !!
[twitter.com]

Well. Wouldnt that be a nice way to end the tour - Barclays???? As I will stay in Brooklyn anways - I am in.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...5758596061626364656667...LastNext
Current Page: 62 of 82

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1772
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home