Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4445464748495051525354...LastNext
Current Page: 49 of 82
Re: The Rolling Stones North America Tour 2019
Posted by: Topi ()
Date: November 11, 2018 21:36

Not impossible they'd add a 3rd one if the first two sell quickly. It's a huge stadium though, no?

Posted by: forsure ()
Date: November 11, 2018 21:45

No Chicago yet? Jax and Miami both on the road today

Posted by: Stonesdude ()
Date: November 11, 2018 21:49

I wonder if Jacksonville now will be left off for the NO Jazzfest instead. If the rumored 4/24 Jacksonville show was not held, then the now rumored 4/25 NO Jazzfest added day makes sense.

I just checked Jacksonville hotels near the stadium for around 4-23 to 4-25 and they have not escalated, like the other cities. It makes me think that New Orleans could get the show instead of Jacksonville.

We will know soon enough, I hope.

I am so jacked up for the tour. Bring it on!

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: November 11, 2018 21:50

crholmstrom
MisterDDDD
mosthigh
babyblue
If Toronto gets a date and no Vancouver/Seattle I will be pissed.

Keith is not fond of audiences in the pacific northwest. In his book, he calls them "terminally mellow'.

As one who lives here, I can't completely disagree with him.eye rolling smiley

So true.
Of all the places I've seen them, my hometown Seattle, is probably my least favorite due to the terminal mellowness Keith so accurately describes.
Vancouver, on the other hand, is a great stones town and crowd!!
Must be the Labatts drinking smiley

I've seen several(including 3 Stones shows) show in BC Place & I must say that the sound is horrible there. Also, getting into the venue the last time was a nightmare. Totally disorganized. Ended up missing Bonnie Raitt. I hear the situation was the same when U2 played there on the last Joshua Tree tour.

BC Place is right downtown Vancouver so it is a bit harder to get there versus being located in the suburbs. I think getting into the venue is easier now after the renovations which took place after the 2010 Olympics. The reviews for the 2006 show said the Stones thought it was one of their best shows. Sound is like all stadiums, depends on where you're sitting. Seen 6 Stones shows there and have always been close to the stage so sound wasn't that bad. I was in the upper bowl for AC/DC a few years ago and it wasn't very good. Not sure if opening the roof would make a difference acoustically, or if it's even allowed. U2 show last year was very disorganized because Ticketmaster was trying a new system where all floor tickets had to show their credit card which caused huge delays. They just ended up opening the doors and letting everyone in.

Posted by: custom55 ()
Date: November 11, 2018 21:57

Topi
Not impossible they'd add a 3rd one if the first two sell quickly. It's a huge stadium though, no?

82,000 seats for a football game.

Posted by: pt99 ()
Date: November 11, 2018 22:11

They will not sell out MetLife. Too big

Posted by: Dan ()
Date: November 11, 2018 22:13

Man, I love this place!

Strong rumor of Rolling Stones playing Jacksonville, a mere 546 miles from New Orleans turns into speculation that they will also play New Orleans which turns into fears New Orleans will replace Jacksonville on the schedule.

Now all we need is a radio DJ reading this board airing said speculation so someone can post "It's true, I heard it on the radio."

There are about a thousand eligible venues in North America so I guess it's conceivable they could play any of them.

Date: November 11, 2018 22:29

Springsteen sold out Metlife, what, 3 times?

Posted by: mosthigh ()
Date: November 11, 2018 22:33

DGA35
crholmstrom
MisterDDDD
mosthigh
babyblue

Keith is not fond of audiences in the pacific northwest. In his book, he calls them "terminally mellow'.

So true.
Of all the places I've seen them, my hometown Seattle, is probably my least favorite due to the terminal mellowness Keith so accurately describes.

I've seen several(including 3 Stones shows) show in BC Place & I must say that the sound is horrible there. Also, getting into the venue the last time was a nightmare. Totally disorganized. Ended up missing Bonnie Raitt. I hear the situation was the same when U2 played there on the last Joshua Tree tour.

BC Place is right downtown Vancouver so it is a bit harder to get there versus being located in the suburbs. I think getting into the venue is easier now after the renovations which took place after the 2010 Olympics. The reviews for the 2006 show said the Stones thought it was one of their best shows. Sound is like all stadiums, depends on where you're sitting. Seen 6 Stones shows there and have always been close to the stage so sound wasn't that bad. I was in the upper bowl for AC/DC a few years ago and it wasn't very good. Not sure if opening the roof would make a difference acoustically, or if it's even allowed. U2 show last year was very disorganized because Ticketmaster was trying a new system where all floor tickets had to show their credit card which caused huge delays. They just ended up opening the doors and letting everyone in.

Yes I was caught in the U2 GA clusterf%ck at BC Place last time, took me 45 min to get in, but I heard it took some much longer, although I don't think anyone missed the start of the show. At least - if you complained - they offered a $50 Ticketmaster gift certificate and free football tickets with $20 worth of food/beverage, so at least they ponied up for it.

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: November 11, 2018 22:36

DGA35
crholmstrom
MisterDDDD
mosthigh
babyblue

So true.

2006 i stayed within walking distance of the stadium & didn't have horrible seats. 1989 i had great seats. i talked to vernon reid after the first show & told him you couldn't hear the guitars during living colour. it was better the second night. the problem getting in was at the gates. i haven't been there since the 2010 remodel though. don't know if you've seen a show at century link yet but everything i've seen there has sounded great even from the upper deck. it's designed to funnel the sound back down into the crowd which the seattle seahawks to great advantage.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: November 11, 2018 22:37

Dan
Man, I love this place!

Strong rumor of Rolling Stones playing Jacksonville, a mere 546 miles from New Orleans turns into speculation that they will also play New Orleans which turns into fears New Orleans will replace Jacksonville on the schedule.

Now all we need is a radio DJ reading this board airing said speculation so someone can post "It's true, I heard it on the radio."

There are about a thousand eligible venues in North America so I guess it's conceivable they could play any of them.

Been watching closely and haven't seen any reliable rumors of NO "replacing" Jacksonville.

Solid rumors (meaning more than one reliable source) have them playing Jazzfest in addition to the Miami and Jacksonville gigs.
Makes sense if they're doing as strongly rumored, a mostly east coast tour.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-11-11 22:46 by MisterDDDD.

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: November 11, 2018 22:39

potus43

Yeah that’s correct because they are not playing there they are playing at MSG instead.

Nate >grinning smiley<>grinning smiley<>grinning smiley<

Date: November 11, 2018 22:43

Nate
potus43

Yeah that’s correct because they are not playing there they are playing at MSG instead.

smileys with beer

Posted by: JumpinJeppeFlash ()
Date: November 11, 2018 22:54

Topi

Springsteen wont charge $750 for the most expensive ticket.

Posted by: Beast ()

>grinning smiley<

[Re-MSG]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-11-11 23:16 by Beast.

crholmstrom
DGA35
crholmstrom
MisterDDDD
mosthigh
babyblue

So true.

2006 i stayed within walking distance of the stadium & didn't have horrible seats. 1989 i had great seats. i talked to vernon reid after the first show & told him you couldn't hear the guitars during living colour. it was better the second night. the problem getting in was at the gates. i haven't been there since the 2010 remodel though. don't know if you've seen a show at century link yet but everything i've seen there has sounded great even from the upper deck. it's designed to funnel the sound back down into the crowd which the seattle seahawks to great advantage.

I've never been to Centurylink but I've seen many Seahawks games on tv (like in the next few minutes) so I know it's a very loud stadium. A colleague in my office has Seahawks season tickets so he drives down.
How did you meet up with Vernon? Second show in 89 I was row 2 center on the floor, best seats I've had for any concert.

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: November 11, 2018 22:55

Nate
potus43

Hahahahahahasmoking smileysmoking smileysmileys with beer
Jeroen

Date: November 11, 2018 23:00

JumpinJeppeFlash
Topi

On Broadway he did! winking smiley

Posted by: coloradocanyons ()
Date: November 11, 2018 23:05

If the Stones play Jazz Fest it will be May 2. April 25 is Locals Day for any Louisiana resident at a very discounted price. The promoters have also told people who bought a Brass Pass that it will not be good for May 2. It's also pretty rare for Jazz Fest to have 2 Thursdays and announce lineups in December. Seems like a lock to me...wonder if they will mess with the stage setup, is it going to be day time, etc.

Posted by: JumpinJeppeFlash ()
Date: November 11, 2018 23:06

Topi
JumpinJeppeFlash
Topi

On Broadway he did! winking smiley

That's correct, cheap for a small theatre gig.

Date: November 11, 2018 23:12

Nate
potus43

Hi little girl

Date: November 11, 2018 23:13

Solid rumors so far..

4/20 - Miami, FL
4/?? - Jacksonville, Fl.

5-02 - New Orleans- Jazz Fest

5/?? - Denver

5/?? - Boston (Foxboro)
5/?? - Boston (Foxboro)

6/13 - New York (Metlife Stadium-NJ)
6/17 - New York (Metlife Stadium-NJ)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-11-11 23:16 by MisterDDDD.

Posted by: TKinOH ()
Date: November 11, 2018 23:25

I've been lookin' for the rumors of Miami bein' the tour opener, but can't seem to find it... can we have a pointer as to where to look?

Hope there's more Tongues that pop up, in any form, like there was in E. Rutherford today... and the folks post it!

Bring on The Stones!

Date: November 11, 2018 23:28

MSG and Ziggodome. Done deal.

Date: November 11, 2018 23:30

TKinOH
I've been lookin' for the rumors of Miami bein' the tour opener, but can't seem to find it... can we have a pointer as to where to look?

Hope there's more Tongues that pop up, in any form, like there was in E. Rutherford today... and the folks post it!

Bring on The Stones!

A pointer as to where to look? This thread on this website! I doubt you'll find any other site on the internet with more up to date info than right here!

Date: November 11, 2018 23:31

Think Sandy Beach mentioned Miami, albeit without the date.

Posted by: TKinOH ()
Date: November 11, 2018 23:33

I know...

Posted by: crholmstrom ()

DGA35
crholmstrom
DGA35
crholmstrom
MisterDDDD
mosthigh
babyblue

So true.

I've never been to Centurylink but I've seen many Seahawks games on tv (like in the next few minutes) so I know it's a very loud stadium. A colleague in my office has Seahawks season tickets so he drives down.
How did you meet up with Vernon? Second show in 89 I was row 2 center on the floor, best seats I've had for any concert.

it was during my glory days in the music biz. i had backstage passes. didn't get to hang with the stones though. i did have passes & met keith & bobby with the winos on the main offender tour.

Posted by: Paddy ()

MisterDDDD
Nate
potus43

smileys with beer

grinning smiley Poor Potus...

Date: November 11, 2018 23:37

Poor little girl troll

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4445464748495051525354...LastNext
Current Page: 49 of 82

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1531