Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4344454647484950515253...LastNext
Current Page: 48 of 82
Re: The Rolling Stones North America Tour 2019
Posted by: 5stringTele ()
Date: November 11, 2018 06:50

If the Stones play in Miami, it would almost certainly be at Dolphins Stadium (a.k.a. Hard Rock, Joe Robbie, Pro Player, Land Shark, and Sun Life Stadium). This would be appropriate, since the recently remastered, re-released Voodoo Lounge Live/Uncut is primarily a concert that was performed there in 1994. Also, it's been recently remodeled, with cash machines installed at every entrance to give everybody walking through the gate $10,000 in cash.*

* (note: I'm not entirely sure about that last part)

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: November 11, 2018 07:18

MisterDDDD
timbernardis

Who says Vancouver is out, where'd that come from? It's still early. We only know about two with any degree of certainty. All else comes from folks with supposed "insider information. "

plexi

Bjornulf has stated as much several times along with at least one other reliable source. Would love for there to be a last minute change, or a surprise, but it doesn't look good for west coast.

bv:
"I have stated many times here the tour will be around April 20 to June 20, 2019, give or take a week or so. NJ would be the last part of the tour. I.e. this will be an East Coast Tour."

"I would assume they are working on an East Coast tour with multiple shows in Chicago, Boston and the NYC area. These three cities will take half of the tour, then we will get the rest of the shows at great places. Denver isn't really East Coast, but it is on the east side of the mountains, I guess that is as far west as they will go this time around."

Yeah yer prob right Mr. D. But BV is not infallible. For example. If I remember correctly, he thought they would play Red Rocks on Zip Code. Maybe I m not remembering correctly. There r other examples tho. But he is right 85-90% of the time.

plexi

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-11-11 07:20 by timbernardis.

Posted by: babyblue ()
Date: November 11, 2018 08:50

If Toronto gets a date and no Vancouver/Seattle I will be pissed.

Posted by: mosthigh ()
Date: November 11, 2018 09:17

babyblue

Keith is not fond of audiences in the pacific northwest. In his book, he calls them "terminally mellow'.

As one who lives here, I can't completely disagree with him.eye rolling smiley

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: November 11, 2018 09:39

No New Orleans again.

No surprise.

Especially considering how the city handles acts when they come through town to play the Superdome.

Date: November 11, 2018 09:55

Presale wonder will that be handled. by Am Express?

Posted by: Kerryann ()
Date: November 11, 2018 10:23

New York hotels near the stadium tentatively booked in anticipation for both NY dates. Looking forward to hearing of some dates for Chicago. Next thing will be to put together an itinerary and find good value airfares from New Zealand to USA - missed out on UK this year so the excitement is building for USA.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: November 11, 2018 12:15

timbernardis
Yeah yer prob right Mr. D. But BV is not infallible. For example. If I remember correctly, he thought they would play Red Rocks on Zip Code. Maybe I m not remembering correctly. There r other examples tho. But he is right 85-90% of the time.

plexi

Hope this is one of those times, but with similar info coming from other sources,
not looking good at this point.

Date: November 11, 2018 12:16

Will there be ga or seats

Date: November 11, 2018 12:22

mosthigh
babyblue

Keith is not fond of audiences in the pacific northwest. In his book, he calls them "terminally mellow'.

So true.
Of all the places I've seen them, my hometown Seattle, is probably my least favorite due to the terminal mellowness Keith so accurately describes.
Vancouver, on the other hand, is a great stones town and crowd!!
Must be the Labatts drinking smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-11-11 12:26 by MisterDDDD.

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: November 11, 2018 13:00

MisterDDDD
mosthigh
babyblue

So true.
Of all the places I've seen them, my hometown Seattle, is probably my least favorite due to the terminal mellowness Keith so accurately describes.
Vancouver, on the other hand, is a great stones town and crowd!!
Must be the Labatts drinking smiley

I've seen several(including 3 Stones shows) show in BC Place & I must say that the sound is horrible there. Also, getting into the venue the last time was a nightmare. Totally disorganized. Ended up missing Bonnie Raitt. I hear the situation was the same when U2 played there on the last Joshua Tree tour.

Date: November 11, 2018 14:27

Still can't believe Mick would book stadiums in Apr,,/ May when it is still chilly and maybe snow. Why not May to July?

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: November 11, 2018 15:48

PaintMonkeyManBlack
Will there be ga or seats

No GA in stadia in North America since 1981. Only at festivals.

Posted by: straycatuk ()
Date: November 11, 2018 16:05

The heat causes him to have more voice problems. We got luck with the weather this year.

sc uk

Posted by: Happy24 ()
Date: November 11, 2018 16:26

straycatuk
The heat causes him to have more voice problems. We got luck with the weather this year.

sc uk

Yeap, Prague was really hot (and dusty) and we were lucky Mick finished the show

Date: November 11, 2018 16:37

SomeTorontoGirl
Any news about Toronto? It’ll be 5 years since their last. Would be nice to save a bit on travel costs. Hoping for Vancouver too - Canada only got 1 show in 2015, in Quebec City...

BV did day a show in Canada is possible.

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: November 11, 2018 16:44

Happy24
straycatuk

sc uk

Yeap, Prague was really hot (and dusty) and we were lucky Mick finished the show

Agreed. Loved the city and stayed 5 nights but my worst ever Stones gig of 37. Horrible hot and dusty environment, which clearly didn’t suit Mick at all. I pulled a crappy distant GA spot for Lucky Dip and my eyes stung with pain throughout.

Mick does not like hot dusty environments - Desert Trip was another example.

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: November 11, 2018 16:55

GasLightStreet
No New Orleans again.

No surprise.

Especially considering how the city handles acts when they come through town to play the Superdome.

What about the Jazz festival?

Posted by: RoughJusticeOnYa ()
Date: November 11, 2018 17:43

General question about USA stadium shows...

I know most (almost all) of the floor is seated area;
but what about all the way in the back?
Is there (maybe a spall) area behind all the seats where standing, drinkin’ & dancin’ is possible/ permitted, for people who don’t mind being all the way down there?

Date: November 11, 2018 18:02

RoughJusticeOnYa

I know most (almost all) of the floor is seated area;
but what about all the way in the back?
Is there (maybe a spall) area behind all the seats where standing, drinkin’ & dancin’ is possible/ permitted, for people who don’t mind being all the way down there?

Based on Zip Code, it kinda depends on the stadium and how radical security decides to be. Hadn't really checked the very back of the floor(s) tbh, but as one who enjoys a little smokin' and dancin' winking smiley myself, I found that the side areas, some aisle ways, etc., they pretty much let people be if not blocking others etc.
In all seated shows, I always found a way to get up and dance, but usually book an aisle seat to make it a bit easier..
Man, would love to see a UK style seating chart for the US, got spoiled on the No Filter tour cool smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-11-11 18:05 by MisterDDDD.

Posted by: glmmr_twn ()
Date: November 11, 2018 19:13

MisterDDDD
RoughJusticeOnYa

Man, would love to see a UK style seating chart for the US, got spoiled on the No Filter tour cool smiley

If I don't have my B-Pit, I'll scream! spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: November 11, 2018 19:18

Based on personal experience of GA shows here in the US and abroad, I'd say the latter crowds are more polite and respectful vs. the US shows which can be rude and impolite, and depending on what type of show even obnoxious and belligerent - but some would say that's a factual reflection of the populations in general.winking smiley

So while on one hand it would be great to have GA shows here, on the other hand it's nice to have a private little space of your own even though it restricts some freedoms (and costs more). Then again Stones audiences have mellowed quite a bit with age, so maybe GA would work out fine, but there will always be rude knuckelheads w/beers in each hand who storm their way to the front squeezing their way forward with elbows flailing around.

Posted by: glmmr_twn ()
Date: November 11, 2018 19:43

Hairball
but there will always be rude knuckleheads w/beers in each hand who storm their way to the front squeezing their way forward with elbows flailing around.

We met a couple of knuckleheads in Edinburgh. Drunk girl and boyfriend bellied up to the rail while older couple left in search of Rolling Stones rain ponchos. We had a devil of a time keeping them off the rail. Thankfully, the older couple came back (after 45 minutes) and seemed genuinely surprised that this could happen. The drunk couple left and found some other people to pick on and did get to the rail eventually.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: November 11, 2018 19:58

glmmr_twn
Hairball
but there will always be rude knuckleheads w/beers in each hand who storm their way to the front squeezing their way forward with elbows flailing around.

We met a couple of knuckleheads in Edinburgh. Drunk girl and boyfriend bellied up to the rail while older couple left in search of Rolling Stones rain ponchos. We had a devil of a time keeping them off the rail. Thankfully, the older couple came back (after 45 minutes) and seemed genuinely surprised that this could happen. The drunk couple left and found some other people to pick on and did get to the rail eventually.

Yeah I suppose it happens everywhere! As for me, at 6'2" and quite physically able, I sometimes welcome the challenge of fending off the knucklheads! winking smiley
But I was thinking more about the more feeble element of the crowd who might get stepped all over in the mayhem...nothing worse for them than getting crunched and pushed around.
I should have been a bouncer...haha...

Posted by: taz22 ()
Date: November 11, 2018 20:39

babyblue
SomeTorontoGirl
Any news about Toronto? It’ll be 5 years since their last. Would be nice to save a bit on travel costs. Hoping for Vancouver too - Canada only got 1 show in 2015, in Quebec City...

BV did day a show in Canada is possible.

The Stones have lots of friends in Toronto, love the City, it has a stadium and the Greater Toronto Area is home to more than 6 million people. I'd say Toronto is a lock for an East Coast Tour of North America.

Posted by: KeefRichards88 ()
Date: November 11, 2018 20:46

Just saw a tongue on the scoreboard at MetLife Stadium with 2:12 left in the first quarter. They were playing Start Me Up over the PA too!!!!

Posted by: TKinOH ()
Date: November 11, 2018 20:50

KeefRichards88
Just saw a tongue on the scoreboard at MetLife Stadium with 2:12 left in the first quarter. They were playing Start Me Up over the PA too!!!!

Love it!

Keep the sightings comin'!!

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: November 11, 2018 20:51

KeefRichards88

YESSSS

Looking for tounge today- ooo la la

Hairball good to see you

Spring Tour hot smiley

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: November 11, 2018 20:59

Sweet! Metlife is a go. I'm in for sure.

Date: November 11, 2018 21:23

Looking forward to the NY (area) shows.
Love attending the last show(s) of a tour, combine that with a NYC trip, doesn't get much better!

An earlier rumor has it that there may even be three shows, but two makes it definitely worth the trip!

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4344454647484950515253...LastNext
Current Page: 48 of 82

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1843
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home