Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4041424344454647484950...LastNext
Current Page: 45 of 82
Re: The Rolling Stones North America Tour 2019
Posted by: stickyfingers101 ()
Date: November 9, 2018 15:28

Let's hope they do a better job w/ the trains than Twickenham!!

it's a mighty long walk from Giant's Stadium back to Manhattan!!!

for those looking for cheap places to stay in NYC, there are hostels in NYC:

[www.hostelworld.com]

I imagine these will fill up mighty-quick once the Stones are announced, so be ready!

see you there!

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: November 9, 2018 15:47

stickyfingers101

[www.hostelworld.com]

I imagine these will fill up mighty-quick once the Stones are announced, so be ready!

see you there!

Yuck! I won't forget the Twickenham travel balls up. I got caught up in it and missed my coach home so spent the night roughing it at Victoria Coach Station and had to take the next day off work sad smiley

HostelWorld's a very good shout. I've used them for several years. I had a look last night around those dates. Accommodation in New York ain't cheap !

Posted by: Bastion ()
Date: November 9, 2018 15:58

Do we know when to expect an announcement?

Date: November 9, 2018 16:02

grzegorz67
stickyfingers101

[www.hostelworld.com]

see you there!

Yuck! I won't forget the Twickenham travel balls up. I got caught up in it and missed my coach home so spent the night roughing it at Victoria Coach Station and had to take the next day off work sad smiley

HostelWorld's a very good shout. I've used them for several years. I had a look last night around those dates. Accommodation in New York ain't cheap !

haha...yeah "cheap" is a relative term when it comes to NYC!!

good luck!!

Post-Twick Train Situation was the worst. Thankfully I was basking in the afterglow of an amazing concert and the Gods looked down upon us after about a 30 minute aimless walk and brought us an Uber (a van fitting all 6 of us no less!!)

Date: November 9, 2018 16:05

Bastion
Do we know when to expect an announcement?

I would assume either BEFORE Christmas so people will spend their Xmas Money on the Stones......

or February...gives people time to pay off some of their Xmas Debt before piling more Stones-related debt onto their credit card.

and/or check ANY and EVERY message from BV on this site. He has his finger on the pulse of things 98.67453% of the time.

Posted by: babyblue ()
Date: November 9, 2018 16:06

Wonder if Buffalo will be added.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: November 9, 2018 16:13

babyblue
Wonder if Buffalo will be added.
Pretty sure the chances of any Zip Code city getting a show are slim to none.

Date: November 9, 2018 16:19

stickyfingers101
grzegorz67
stickyfingers101

[www.hostelworld.com]

see you there!

good luck!!

Post-Twick Train Situation was the worst. Thankfully I was basking in the afterglow of an amazing concert and the Gods looked down upon us after about a 30 minute aimless walk and brought us an Uber (a van fitting all 6 of us no less!!)

I was basking in the afterglow of not only a great show, but being helped into the Pit by a chance meeting with another IORRIAN.

I foolishly got the free shuttle bus to Richmond Tube station and it got stuck in a jam. Loads of people lost the rag and got off and walked. Twickenham is the worst stadium in London for access sad smiley

Happily, that NYC Stadium sounds as if it has plenty of transport options though.

Posted by: babyblue ()
Date: November 9, 2018 16:24

Is there a greyhound bus station in E. Rutherford.

Date: November 9, 2018 16:25

grzegorz67
stickyfingers101
grzegorz67
stickyfingers101

[www.hostelworld.com]

see you there!

good luck!!

I was basking in the afterglow of not only a great show, but being helped into the Pit by a chance meeting with another IORRIAN.

I foolishly got the free shuttle bus to Richmond Tube station and it got stuck in a jam. Loads of people lost the rag and got off and walked. Twickenham is the worst stadium in London for access sad smiley

Happily, that NYC Stadium sounds as if it has plenty of transport options though.

Yeah...the stadium is actually in New Jersey, but it has lots of public transport options to connect you back to the NYC...the odds of a Twick Repeat are pretty low smiling smiley

[www.metlifestadium.com]

[web.mta.info]

Even if there are cheaper housing options closer to the stadium (I don't know if there is), I would still recommend staying in NYC for the experience.

Date: November 9, 2018 16:27

babyblue
Is there a greyhound bus station in E. Rutherford.

Here's the bus info for Jersey:

[peterpanbus.com]

[locations.greyhound.com]

Train is the way to go, IMO.

Date: November 9, 2018 16:28

stickyfingers101
grzegorz67
stickyfingers101
grzegorz67
stickyfingers101

[www.hostelworld.com]

see you there!

good luck!!

Yeah...the stadium is actually in New Jersey, but it has lots of public transport options to connect you back to the NYC...the odds of a Twick Repeat are pretty low smiling smiley

[www.metlifestadium.com]

[web.mta.info]

Even if there are cheaper housing options closer to the stadium (I don't know if there is), I would still recommend staying in NYC for the experience.[/[/b]quote]

I want to do exactly that. I've never been and I'd want to spend a week plus there.

Date: November 9, 2018 16:36

grzegorz67
stickyfingers101
grzegorz67
stickyfingers101
grzegorz67
stickyfingers101

[www.hostelworld.com]

see you there!

good luck!!

[www.metlifestadium.com]

[web.mta.info]

Even if there are cheaper housing options closer to the stadium (I don't know if there is), I would still recommend staying in NYC for the experience.[/[/b]quote]

I want to do exactly that. I've never been and I'd want to spend a week plus there.

If you've never been to NYC, then you MUST stay in Manhattan (at least for 3-4 days, IMO)...you could go "cheap(er)" outside the city for some of your stay, but you'll want at least 3 days in Manhattan.

There's really nothing like it in the world. It used to be cooler (example: the CBGB is now some lame high-end clothing store or some crap), but it's still awesome and tons to see/do. In May/June it is great b/c the weather is good for walking (and the city is a great city to walk and walk and walk).

enjoy!

Posted by: glmmr_twn ()
Date: November 9, 2018 16:42

There's bus service from Port Authority if you want to get out to MetLife early in the day -- 12:00pm. Train service starts around 4pm from Manhattan Penn Station -- New Jersey Transit to the Stadium. Easy peasy back to the city as well.

Recommend staying in Manhattan too. There are hotels *near* MetLife stadium, but there are no sidewalks to them. You will be walking through weeds. eye popping smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-11-09 16:46 by glmmr_twn.

Date: November 9, 2018 16:43

stickyfingers101
grzegorz67
stickyfingers101
grzegorz67
stickyfingers101
grzegorz67
stickyfingers101

[www.hostelworld.com]

see you there!

good luck!!

[www.metlifestadium.com]

[web.mta.info]

If you've never been to NYC, then you MUST stay in Manhattan (at least for 3-4 days, IMO)...you could go "cheap(er)" outside the city for some of your stay, but you'll want at least 3 days in Manhattan.

There's really nothing like it in the world. It used to be cooler (example: the CBGB is now some lame high-end clothing store or some crap), but it's still awesome and tons to see/do. In May/June it is great b/c the weather is good for walking (and the city is a great city to walk and walk and walk).

enjoy!

Walk and walk and walk is just what I love to visiting a new city. Well that's me sold on the idea then. Over to the Stones to make it all official thumbs up

Posted by: mitchrambler ()
Date: November 9, 2018 17:02

I would think they would hit one mid west city besides Chicago,I don't think Cincy has had an show since VL,plus it's easy driving distance from Louisville Lexington,Columbus,Cleveland,and even indianapolis...I live in Columbus but willing to travel to Chicago,I did drive to Newark in 2012 for the 50th anniversary show thinking it would be last time ever!

Posted by: MononoM ()
Date: November 9, 2018 17:10

why staying overnight in NYC is x-pensive?

i can sleep at the stadium
i can sleep in my car
i can sleep in the park
i can sleep at the station
i can sleep at the airport
there are many other places to sleep

Life's just a cocktail party on the street

Posted by: ttutone ()
Date: November 9, 2018 17:12

I'll say! That was one crazy night after the show. Expensive too. Had to pay 50 pounds to get back to my hotel. Still loved how Keith kept playing the Satisfaction jam after the initial stop.
stickyfingers101

[www.hostelworld.com]

see you there!

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: November 9, 2018 17:21

MisterDDDD
DREAMTIME
I got some inside news today from a local source here in NYC.

NYC/NJ METLIFE STADIUM JUNE 13th & JUNE 17th 2019

Thanks!
Booked a couple different (cancelable) hotel options.
Really appreciate all the inside info... invaluable.

Wow NYC/ NJ last stop on a tour. Weee Heee. Add that to cook and grind (band and dancing reference)
Don’t laugh (well you can) but when I looked up MetLife Center and pondered it,
cook and grind, heat on RS party was my intuitive thought. You know I pick good shows.
HAVE FUN!!

Posted by: Donnebr ()
Date: November 9, 2018 17:37

Booked the hotel at the MetLife stadium for those dates.

Date: November 9, 2018 18:16

35love
MisterDDDD
DREAMTIME
I got some inside news today from a local source here in NYC.

NYC/NJ METLIFE STADIUM JUNE 13th & JUNE 17th 2019

Thanks!
Booked a couple different (cancelable) hotel options.
Really appreciate all the inside info... invaluable.

Wow NYC/ NJ last stop on a tour. Weee Heee. Add that to cook and grind (band and dancing reference)
Don’t laugh (well you can) but when I looked up MetLife Center and pondered it,
cook and grind, heat on RS party was my intuitive thought. You know I pick good shows.
HAVE FUN!!

smiling smiley
The Rolling Stones Cook and Grind Tour 2019.
To promote their newest album of original recordings: Cook and Grind.

*You do pick good shows.. winking smiley

Posted by: Gaetzi ()
Date: November 9, 2018 18:40

Nice to see the tour starting to take shape. I grew up in CT, about an hour from the Meadowlands. I'll certainly go visit the family and catch one of those shows. Also likely in for Chicago. Chicago in the summer is pretty great, hands down one of my favorite cities in the US.

Posted by: waterrats ()
Date: November 9, 2018 18:54

MononoM

i can sleep in my car
i can sleep in the park

Yea - that's Rock 'n' Roll, and I like it! smiling bouncing smiley

Even at my age, hehehe ... grinning smiley

Posted by: djrambler ()
Date: November 9, 2018 19:10

Saw this post on Shidoobee. Who knows, but adding this to the gossip. Some of these line up with what's out there on this thread plus would fit with Bjornulf said about mostly in the eastern-ish part of the States:

"Somebody listed a bunch of cities on twitter. Cant seem to find the tweet, but here are the cities:
Miami-4/20
Jacksonville-4/24
New Orleans-Jazz Fest 4/27
Houston-4/30
Denver-5/4
Chicago-2 shows
Cincy
DC
Philly
Boston-2 shows
NY- 2 shows
14 shows total. Could be BS, but who knows...."

[www.tapatalk.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-11-09 19:14 by djrambler.

Posted by: Gaetzi ()
Date: November 9, 2018 19:18

Stones at Jazzfest would be legendary! At that point, I'd be doing New Orleans, Denver, Chicago, NY

Date: November 9, 2018 19:20

MononoM

i can sleep in my car
i can sleep in the park

I've done about half of those in my time

"i can sleep in the park"

The night before Hyde Park 1, 2013. Ticket distribution balls up. Quite a few other fans did the same!

"i can sleep at the station"

Cardiff Millenium Stadium, 2006. No train service back East after show. About 30-40 other Stones fans outside the front of Cardiff Central Rail Station.

Twickenham, this year. General after show travel cluster***k so an unplanned night at Victoria Coach Station.

At Chorzow, Poland in 1998, I got an overnight coach back to Warsaw after the show, which arrived in broad daylight and in time for breakfast at my hotel.

I'm now 51. Would I do it again ? Of course!

Never stop, never stop, never stop!

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: November 9, 2018 19:35

bv
I would assume they are working on an East Coast tour with multiple shows in Chicago, Boston and the NYC area. These three cities will take half of the tour, then we will get the rest of the shows at great places. Denver isn't really East Coast, but it is on the east side of the mountains, I guess that is as far west as they will go this time around.

If Denver is the furthest west they will come, then Denver it is!

Only 1,000 miles away and a quick 14 hour road trip!smiling smiley

Or if I'm feeling impatient and lazy, only a two hour flight!drinking smiley

And if I'm feeling extra physically fit and adventurous, only a 100 hour bike ride!spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

And if I'm feeling invincible and have enough spare time, only a 350 hour hike!eye popping smiley

Date: November 9, 2018 19:35

Jazz Fest could be fun ( I mean, it's New Orleans cool smiley ), but logistically kind of a nightmare for seating etc.,
Unless they do it differently (tix for just the stones gig perhaps??)

Have been only once before, but it seems to get a good spot you would have to sit in front of the stage (in the heat, flashbacks to DT cool smiley) all day,
missing other shows etc. Would prefer they do a stand alone show if they play NO.

Posted by: spikenyc ()
Date: November 9, 2018 19:57

FYI - They just added an extra day to JazzFest for the first weekend.
Normally it will start on a Friday, but they have added Thursday for the first weekend.

[www.nojazzfest.com]

My friends that live in NOLA are saying this is to accomodate the Stones.
Seems it would be just a seperate day for them?

Been to JazzFest numerous times, if the Stones are there it will be icing on the cake!
The music, the food, the city, its all great and something you all need to experience!

Date: November 9, 2018 20:14

thumbs up
Thanks, spike.
Just put this solidly on the option list.

And the solidly rumored list as well cool smiley

Solid rumors so far..

4/20 - Miami, FL
4/?? - Jacksonville, Fl.

4/25 -28?) - New Orleans- Jazz Fest

5/3 to 5/5- Denver
5/10 to 5/19- Boston

6/13 - New York (Metlife Stadium-NJ)
6/17 - New York (Metlife Stadium-NJ)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-11-09 20:50 by MisterDDDD.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4041424344454647484950...LastNext
Current Page: 45 of 82

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1798
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home