Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...3839404142434445464748...LastNext
Current Page: 43 of 82
Re: The Rolling Stones North America Tour 2019
Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: November 8, 2018 15:58

crholmstrom
I saw a show at Century Link in Seattle in early-mid October toward the end of the Bigger Bang tour. Somewhat risky timing in Seattle but we totally lucked out. It was sweatshirt cold by the time the Stones came on. Not bad. Perfect football weather as we say around here. The worm can turn though. Here's a vid of Neil Young at the Gorge in September in Washington state. It was Neil vs God! grinning smiley

video: [www.youtube.com]

Was at that concert at Quest Field.. winking smiley
Seattle in late October would be pretty safe weather wise most any year (born and raised), while east of the mountains would not be most any year cool smiley

Not to be too repetitive, but I would honestly be shocked if Seattle and/or Vancouver didn't make the list for the upcoming tour. With a combined "greater" population of nearly 7 million, and having not hosted them since 2006/07, I think one or both cities are sure bets this time around.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-11-08 16:08 by MisterDDDD.

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: November 8, 2018 16:17

Seattle/Vancouver would be great. They're both beautiful cities. Fingers crossed!

(as far as accommodation goes, I've got friends in Seattle and family in Vancouver, so no need for the presidential suite in either)

Posted by: Testify ()
Date: November 8, 2018 16:18

I do not know if it has already been published, nor is it reliable, anyway ...
[www.jambase.com]

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: November 8, 2018 16:37

MisterDDDD
crholmstrom
I saw a show at Century Link in Seattle in early-mid October toward the end of the Bigger Bang tour. Somewhat risky timing in Seattle but we totally lucked out. It was sweatshirt cold by the time the Stones came on. Not bad. Perfect football weather as we say around here. The worm can turn though. Here's a vid of Neil Young at the Gorge in September in Washington state. It was Neil vs God! grinning smiley

video: [www.youtube.com]

Was at that concert at Quest Field.. winking smiley
Seattle in late October would be pretty safe weather wise most any year (born and raised), while east of the mountains would not be most any year cool smiley

Not to be too repetitive, but I would honestly be shocked if Seattle and/or Vancouver didn't make the list for the upcoming tour. With a combined "greater" population of nearly 7 million, and having not hosted them since 2006/07, I think one or both cities are sure bets this time around.

Sunday 11/11 @ your Seahawks game we will be looking for red tongues! thumbs up
I’m set on Denver for my show (s) thumbs up

Date: November 8, 2018 16:42

Testify
I do not know if it has already been published, nor is it reliable, anyway ...
[www.jambase.com]

Textbook example of media using IORR.org as a source!

Posted by: Kurt ()
Date: November 8, 2018 17:53

The Steelers have a home game tonight...
Anyone in Pittsburgh?

Date: November 8, 2018 18:11

Pittsburgh had a show on Zip Code Tour.

Posted by: mitchrambler ()
Date: November 8, 2018 18:42

Think it will be 14 or more shows?

Posted by: PalaisRoyale ()
Date: November 8, 2018 19:45

The Mini tours have been 14 shows for some time. If they feel confident about the new album would cracking the 20 show barrier be out of reach? The large cities such as NY, Chicago, Boston could get two shows. Given the circumstances, when will the Stones have this opportunity again to showcase a new album and tour in North America?

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: November 8, 2018 20:09

PalaisRoyale
The Mini tours have been 14 shows for some time. If they feel confident about the new album would cracking the 20 show barrier be out of reach? The large cities such as NY, Chicago, Boston could get two shows. Given the circumstances, when will the Stones have this opportunity again to showcase a new album and tour in North America?

Nice...I like this line of reasoning.thumbs up

The more the merrier, and now is a good time to let it all hang out!

Date: November 8, 2018 20:14

At this point, with the initial rumors being limited larger cities with perhaps multiple shows in each, I would be thrilled
if they do the (now) standard 14 shows with a club or special show thrown in cool smiley

Posted by: Stonesfan2146 ()
Date: November 8, 2018 20:20

PalaisRoyale

I hope so! They are capable of doing more than 14, they showed that in 2014 doing 29 shows.

Posted by: dougingb ()
Date: November 8, 2018 20:31

Some conjecture here in Green Bay about the Stones (or Paul McCartney or Garth Brooks) having a concert at Lambeau Field this spring/summer.

[www.greenbaypressgazette.com]

Posted by: keithsman ()
Date: November 8, 2018 21:07

Please no more complaining about Rolling Stones ticket prices again on this forthcoming tour, just read that an evening with Michelle Obama at London's Southbank Centre with tickets already re-selling for more than £7,000.

I mean between £50 to £500 to see the Stones with all those musicians on stage ,road crews, enormous stages, lighting guys, mega speakers, huge video screens, support acts, or £7000 for a talk from the wife of a president, all of a sudden the Stones are very good value for money, almost cheap winking smiley

Posted by: thecitadel ()
Date: November 8, 2018 21:11

PalaisRoyale

I think the 14 show tours have been more to do with limiting the time on the road each year (these guys should be retired if in normal jobs) and keeping Jagger's voice good than potential ticket sales.

14 shows = 7 weeks on tour plus 2 weeks rehearsals plus a week break.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: November 8, 2018 21:15

Please note that the press is reading IORR and spinning off stories, without references, pretending to be scooping stories. Then they add stuff that they invent on their own. Except for the EP stuff in Uk press, I would say that most of the news these days are second source variations of what is written here on IORR first hand. Don't take press info as confirmations, they are just copycats without proper references to IORR.

Bjornulf

Posted by: Kurt ()
Date: November 8, 2018 21:20

The Packers have a home game on Sunday...
Anyone in Green Bay?

Posted by: bv ()
Date: November 8, 2018 21:27

There are many reasons why they just play 14 shows or so per year, and announcing these shows just 2-3 months ahead of the tour start.

First of all a tour is a giant financial investment. On average, the income from a Stones show is usd 8 millon. With a tour of 14 shows that is more than 100 million us dollars. The insurance cost of such a tour will be depending on how far ahead the tour is anounced, and tickets are sold, also how many shows they will play.

If they announce 30 shows then they have to book insurance for more than 200 millon usd. IOf they announce half a year in advance it cost more than announcing 2-3 month ahead.

They may run teasers and stuff that do not tie up money or legal stuff, but once they sign the contract for a tour, the insurance is valid, and the cost is ticking.

May be the insurance companies have been impressed by the energy and the history of the Stones touring since 2012, after all they should be impressed. So may be they will accept better terms when announcing 4-5 months ahead. Still, they are simply bean counters, they work on risk. This is a band average age in the 70's. May be they lost just two shows, Hunter Valley and LV-2016, plus the Australian tour first time around, but they look at risk, and we will not see tours with 30 or 50 or 100 shows anymore.

May be they will do 14 shows East Coast now and then 14 shows phase two later, like they did Europe I and Europe II during 2017 and 2018, in 10 months time. We will see. It seems they have all dates prepared, many dates are for sure optional in case of slow sales, like they replaced Philly-3 with Washington in 2013, or the Manchester/Coventry/Southampton swaps this year. The core tour list should be ready by now, it is up to them when they announce the tour.

Bjornulf

Posted by: dougingb ()
Date: November 8, 2018 21:31

Kurt
The Packers have a home game on Sunday...
Anyone in Green Bay?

I live in GB, I will be on the look out this weekend for any Stones related items at Lambeau!

Posted by: PalaisRoyale ()
Date: November 8, 2018 22:25

Thanks BV for your feedback.

Date: November 8, 2018 22:34

bv

May be they will do 14 shows East Coast now and then 14 shows phase two later, like they did Europe I and Europe II during 2017 and 2018, in 10 months time. We will see. It seems they have all dates prepared, many dates are for sure optional in case of slow sales, like they replaced Philly-3 with Washington in 2013, or the Manchester/Coventry/Southampton swaps this year. The core tour list should be ready by now, it is up to them when they announce the tour.

Love the idea of two runs.. east coast and then west.
With the first teaser tongue appearing in a western state and the second appearance in an eastern one, splitting it strictly geographically doesn't seem likely.

Date: November 8, 2018 22:36

So possibly 2 mini tours. East then West

What is the dividing line.

To me Denver and Dallas are more West.

Date: November 8, 2018 22:40

jumpontopofmebaby
So possibly 2 mini tours. East then West

What is the dividing line.

To me Denver and Dallas are more West.

Washington, Oregon, California, Nevada, Arizona, New Mexico, Utah, Colorado, Wyoming, Idaho, and Montana are western states.

Texas, which straddles regions, is generally considered to be a Southern state, or the southwest region.

Posted by: DEmerson ()
Date: November 8, 2018 22:48

And yet, Elton John just announced UK dates for 2020! And he's no spring chicken either. (Just saw him this week, and he was great BTW).
So why do all these other acts announce shows a year or more ahead of time, but the Stones (who probably MAKE more money per show than most anyone) have to leave it until the last minute?
With the banner teasers being dropped here in Nov., I'm wondering if maybe, from a pure business standpoint, that perhaps interest rates are up, and so they've decided the it's now worth announcing the tour sooner, and that extra interest $ with having the money sitting in the bank, now outweighs any risk?
Obviously, the Stones and their team know what they're doing. Tour announcements only weeks ahead of the dates do make things challenging though for us fans who want to try and plan travel in advance.

Posted by: schwonek ()
Date: November 8, 2018 22:48

bv

May be they will do 14 shows East Coast now. It seems they have all dates prepared, it is up to them when they announce the tour.

This is how the press will spin BVs msg now. Anyhow - I like it! Flight are so cheap - 322 Euro from Germany to NYC return. Announce it already!

Date: November 8, 2018 23:03

DEmerson
And yet, Elton John just announced UK dates for 2020! And he's no spring chicken either. (Just saw him this week, and he was great BTW).
So why do all these other acts announce shows a year or more ahead of time, but the Stones (who probably MAKE more money per show than most anyone) have to leave it until the last minute?
With the banner teasers being dropped here in Nov., I'm wondering if maybe, from a pure business standpoint, that perhaps interest rates are up, and so they've decided the it's now worth announcing the tour sooner, and that extra interest $ with having the money sitting in the bank, now outweighs any risk?
Obviously, the Stones and their team know what they're doing. Tour announcements only weeks ahead of the dates do make things challenging though for us fans who want to try and plan travel in advance.

Could be because you got four men in the Stones well over the age of 70 give or take Ronnie, surely its just that, who knows what health they will be in 12 months from now, one of them could become too sick to tour, so for me it makes sense leaving it until a few moths before show time to sell tickets.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-11-08 23:04 by keithsman.

Posted by: Send It To me ()
Date: November 8, 2018 23:42

bv
There are many reasons why they just play 14 shows or so per year, and announcing these shows just 2-3 months ahead of the tour start.

First of all a tour is a giant financial investment. On average, the income from a Stones show is usd 8 millon. With a tour of 14 shows that is more than 100 million us dollars. The insurance cost of such a tour will be depending on how far ahead the tour is anounced, and tickets are sold, also how many shows they will play.

If they announce 30 shows then they have to book insurance for more than 200 millon usd. IOf they announce half a year in advance it cost more than announcing 2-3 month ahead.

They may run teasers and stuff that do not tie up money or legal stuff, but once they sign the contract for a tour, the insurance is valid, and the cost is ticking.

May be the insurance companies have been impressed by the energy and the history of the Stones touring since 2012, after all they should be impressed. So may be they will accept better terms when announcing 4-5 months ahead. Still, they are simply bean counters, they work on risk. This is a band average age in the 70's. May be they lost just two shows, Hunter Valley and LV-2016, plus the Australian tour first time around, but they look at risk, and we will not see tours with 30 or 50 or 100 shows anymore.

I would think they just insure the cost of possible cancellation fees at the venues and some transport/crew costs, and not what they would expect to earn in ticket sales if a cancelled gig had been played.

Date: November 8, 2018 23:50

bv
Please note that the press is reading IORR and spinning off stories, without references, pretending to be scooping stories. Then they add stuff that they invent on their own. Except for the EP stuff in Uk press, I would say that most of the news these days are second source variations of what is written here on IORR first hand. Don't take press info as confirmations, they are just copycats without proper references to IORR.

Sorry BV but when you say the press are spinning and pretending to be scooping stories except for the EP , do you mean that the EP information is true, or do you mean that story didn't come from iorr.

If you could just clarify that please.

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: November 9, 2018 00:42

True: I haven’t had this much interest in the NFL since I gambled on it drinking smiley

Posted by: rara ()
Date: November 9, 2018 00:50

Sorry to ask this but can anyone give a summary on the solid rumors? I fell behind and it's exhausting to catch up on 40-something pages. Cheers smileys with beer

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...3839404142434445464748...LastNext
Current Page: 43 of 82

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1816
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home