Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...3738394041424344454647...LastNext
Current Page: 42 of 82
Re: The Rolling Stones North America Tour 2019
Posted by: Topi ()
Date: November 7, 2018 21:31

Might I add that right after the Foxboro tongues BV admitted, both here and on Facebook, that "Boston MA USA had Stones tour teasers at the game last night". So that pretty much erased the doubts of the Denver banner being the work "some locals getting over-excited". BV also put up the North America Tour 2019 page up on Sunday already.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-11-07 21:33 by Topi.

Posted by: Woz ()
Date: November 7, 2018 21:34

The recent interview with Chuck Leavell in Forbes strongly hinted at a US tour being next. That article, dated October 25, did not appear by accident. It's part of a long slow media awareness campaign. Now you have the cheerleader bits. I'm guessing it's a spring arena tour that will coincide with the album and they would rather play some new tunes in comparatively smaller arenas as April-May is not a time to be playing outdoor stadiums in most of the US.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-11-07 21:39 by Woz.

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: November 7, 2018 21:52

Woz
The recent interview with Chuck Leavell in Forbes strongly hinted at a US tour being next. That article, dated October 25, did not appear by accident. It's part of a long slow media awareness campaign. Now you have the cheerleader bits. I'm guessing it's a spring arena tour that will coincide with the album and they would rather play some new tunes in comparatively smaller arenas as April-May is not a time to be playing outdoor stadiums in most of the US.

That’s a tough argument to the football fans esp. Bronco and New England who are out there December January.
It’s not cost effective to mix stadium stages and arena stages, is it?
I’m the biggest pansy when it’s cold, but I’ll get boot warmers gloves whatever
It’s gonna be a blast!

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: November 7, 2018 22:01

Gaetzi
Yeah, that would be a pretty bizarre prank. And I doubt the people that run Mile High would have kept the banner up if it was a prank

Yes, I replied to BV's FB post that a) someone would have had to spend a lot of money to hire a crane and crane operator to put the banner up; and b) that Mile High management would have to approve it.

plexi

Posted by: Woz ()
Date: November 7, 2018 22:02

35love
Woz

That’s a tough argument to the football fans esp. Bronco and New England who are out there December January.
It’s gonna be a blast!

Stupid is what stupid does. I don't see the Stones being so stupid as to play outdoors in Foxboro in May.

Posted by: Gaetzi ()
Date: November 7, 2018 22:09

In previous years, the first concerts at Mile High have been in late May and early June

Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: November 7, 2018 23:23

Woz
35love
Woz

It’s gonna be a blast!

Stupid is what stupid does. I don't see the Stones being so stupid as to play outdoors in Foxboro in May.

May can be tricky but it's doable from mid month onward. Low temps in the 50's

Date: November 7, 2018 23:26

Woz
35love
Woz

It’s gonna be a blast!

I think it would be stupider to have Foxboro cheerleaders decked out/ Stones tounge on screen, and not have a show there.
I don’t know about the dates, but a flight from Sac to Denver sounds easy breezy compared to the 20 hour extra security wrongly booked no sleep in days
trip from England to CA for the RS last June!!

Posted by: sarahunwin ()
Date: November 8, 2018 00:00

Have mine somewhere!!

Posted by: Nsantoro ()
Date: November 8, 2018 00:04

Finally looks like a New York show. They have never played MetLife, Citifield or Yankee Stadium and haven’t done a proper MSG show since 2006. It’s been since 2012 I last saw them which would be 7 years for me next spring. That’s the equivalent of no shows from 1982-89. California had shows in 2013,2015,and 2016 and special ones to boot (Echoplex, Staples Center with a 23 song set, Fonda Theatre, Desert Trip). I have no sympathy for you Californians.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: November 8, 2018 00:18

Woz

As much as I would have preferred that to happen, pretty sure arenas have been ruled out by multiple sources already.
Get your snow gear on, and stay warm!

Posted by: PaintitBlue ()
Date: November 8, 2018 00:18

35love
Open air in May people are worried about? Nahhh. Look at the football fans in the Winter for cryin’ out loud.

(^subliminal message for songs ‘Winter’ ‘Worried About You’)

It's not the crowd comfort that worries me....it's the near 80 yr old men on stage outdoors in early May. It makes me pause and wonder is all...I know there was a lot of chatter from the band about the unpredictable weather after they did the mid to late fall stadiums on second leg of bigger bang...different seasons but similar temp range.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: November 8, 2018 00:22

Nsantoro
California had shows in 2013,2015,and 2016 and special ones to boot (Echoplex, Staples Center with a 23 song set, Fonda Theatre, Desert Trip). I have no sympathy for you Californians.

Even more reason to believe they will return here - they simply love California and all it has to offer!
Women, wine, and song, not to mention the fine weather and all the great people - even the northerners! .cool smiley

Posted by: floodonthepage ()
Date: November 8, 2018 01:43

PaintitBlue
35love
Open air in May people are worried about? Nahhh. Look at the football fans in the Winter for cryin’ out loud.

It's not the crowd comfort that worries me....it's the near 80 yr old men on stage outdoors in early May. It makes me pause and wonder is all...I know there was a lot of chatter from the band about the unpredictable weather after they did the mid to late fall stadiums on second leg of bigger bang...different seasons but similar temp range.

Yes. Concern indeed, having gone to the October '06 show at Soldier Field in Chicago (one of the coldest if not THE coldest show in their career) and seeing Mick run around in a scarf and winter gloves and then getting sick in the days leading up to the Beacon shows that were shot for "Shine a Light" the following week. April/May is different than October, but sometimes only just...at least in the midwest/east!

Date: November 8, 2018 02:04

I read Bjornulf write they have heaters on the stage. They probably go from chartered vehicle to perfectly temped backstage waiting area to stage for 2 hours, whisk skidaddle gone out of the elements again.
While the rest of us are cow herd onto unknown streets and left to fend for ourselves grinning smiley
Someone’s not feeling sorry for Cali,
I’m not feelin’ sorry for they boys gettin paid.

Edit grammar

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-11-09 00:59 by 35love.

Posted by: swimtothemoon ()
Date: November 8, 2018 02:04

floodonthepage
PaintitBlue
35love

Yes. Concern indeed, having gone to the October '06 show at Soldier Field in Chicago (one of the coldest if not THE coldest show in their career) and seeing Mick run around in a scarf and winter gloves and then getting sick in the days leading up to the Beacon shows that were shot for "Shine a Light" the following week. April/May is different than October, but sometimes only just...at least in the midwest/east!

Yes that Soldier Field show in October of 06 was freezing. As I remember the some
of the band were in coats and hats. Keith looked miserable.

Date: November 8, 2018 02:21

swimtothemoon
floodonthepage
PaintitBlue
35love

Yes that Soldier Field show in October of 06 was freezing. As I remember the some
The Rolling Stones live at the Soldier Field, Chicago, IL 10/11/2006
This Show was Amazing! I hope they can play here the next year!

Full Audio Show: [www.youtube.com]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2018-11-08 02:50 by DiegoGlimmerStones.

Posted by: KeefRichards88 ()
Date: November 8, 2018 03:07

I had heard rumor and it is only rumor that A Stones Tongue citing was also seen in Cleveland near the stadium on Sunday. I don't want to speculate but I am looking for some sort of evidence of it and was wondering if anyone knew anything about Cleveland.

I know they have not played there since 2003 so it could be possible.

Date: November 8, 2018 03:18

Good grief Chicago 2006 right after Keith’s head surgery
is that a scar under his hat?
Cat’s got 9 lives.

Posted by: TumblinDice76 ()
Date: November 8, 2018 05:34

Chicago Soldier Field opening night '97, freezing for late September but so worth it! Hopping for another Soldier Field show.

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: November 8, 2018 06:37

Hairball
Nsantoro
California had shows in 2013,2015,and 2016 and special ones to boot (Echoplex, Staples Center with a 23 song set, Fonda Theatre, Desert Trip). I have no sympathy for you Californians.

Even more reason to believe they will return here - they simply love California and all it has to offer!
Women, wine, and song, not to mention the fine weather and all the great people - even the northerners! .cool smiley[/quote

Careful there Eric.

plexi

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: November 8, 2018 06:58

KeefRichards88
I had heard rumor and it is only rumor that A Stones Tongue citing was also seen in Cleveland near the stadium on Sunday. I don't want to speculate but I am looking for some sort of evidence of it and was wondering if anyone knew anything about Cleveland.

October 2002, actually. The rumor might be because Cleveland's premier rock radio station was discussing the tongue's appearance at a stadium during a broadcast Monday, but it was in reference to the two sightings we've all heard about and not in Cleveland itself. I would love another Cleveland show (though I couldn't guarantee I would actually be in town to attend), but I rather think it won't happen. The demographics and past attendance are likely factors against it. Cleveland may have the Rock Hall, but it isn't much of a rock 'n' roll town any more.

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: November 8, 2018 07:12

Rocky Dijon
KeefRichards88

October 2002, actually. The rumor might be because Cleveland's premier rock radio station was discussing the tongue's appearance at a stadium during a broadcast Monday, but it was in reference to the two sightings we've all heard about and not in Cleveland itself. I would love another Cleveland show (though I couldn't guarantee I would actually be in town to attend), but I rather think it won't happen. The demographics and past attendance are likely factors against it. Cleveland may have the Rock Hall, but it isn't much of a rock 'n' roll town any more.

That makes sense, Rocky. I searched for any photos of it but I couldn't found any, yet.

Date: November 8, 2018 07:56

TumblinDice76
Chicago Soldier Field opening night '97, freezing for late September but so worth it! Hopping for another Soldier Field show.
Me too!!! Stones at Soldier Field 2019!

Posted by: swimtothemoon ()
Date: November 8, 2018 08:13

DiegoGlimmerStones
TumblinDice76
Me too!!! Stones at Soldier Field 2019!

Would be nice to spot a tongue on the stadium!

Posted by: babyblue ()
Date: November 8, 2018 09:57

Hoping for a tongue at BC Place & Seattle.

Date: November 8, 2018 11:49

DiegoGlimmerStones
swimtothemoon
floodonthepage
PaintitBlue
35love

The Rolling Stones live at the Soldier Field, Chicago, IL 10/11/2006
This Show was Amazing! I hope they can play here the next year!

Full Audio Show: [www.youtube.com]

«We thank you so much for coming on this, really, quite horrible freezing cold night» grinning smiley

Sounds good, though. Live With Me and Monkey Man both rock. Keith is way better than he was in SAL here thumbs up

Great setlist:

You Got Me Rocking
Live With Me
Monkey Man
Sway
She Was Hot
Streets Of Love
Midnight Rambler
Tumbling Dice
--- Introductions
You Got The Silver (Keith)
Little T&A (Keith)
Under My Thumb (to B-stage)
Rough Justice
Start Me Up
Honky Tonk Women (to main stage)
Sympathy For The Devil
Jumping Jack Flash
Satisfaction
Brown Sugar (encore)

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2018-11-08 11:54 by DandelionPowderman.

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: November 8, 2018 13:02

Yeah, unless they are planning day shows (which isn’t impossible and wouldn’t be unprecedented), May can be pretty risky in Denver or Boston. I’d prefer arenas but don’t want to play 50 and Counting prices. We shall see.

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: November 8, 2018 13:27

I saw a show at Century Link in Seattle in early-mid October toward the end of the Bigger Bang tour. Somewhat risky timing in Seattle but we totally lucked out. It was sweatshirt cold by the time the Stones came on. Not bad. Perfect football weather as we say around here. The worm can turn though. Here's a vid of Neil Young at the Gorge in September in Washington state. It was Neil vs God! grinning smiley

video: [www.youtube.com]

Posted by: StonedAsia ()
Date: November 8, 2018 13:30

drbryant
Topi
On Facebook, someone pointed out that the Boston hotel prices being up on certain weekends may also be because of college graduations in May.

But still, just for example, take a look at hotel Renaissance Patriot Place in Foxborough, MA on the weekend of May 10 to May 12. You're looking at 1,340 USD (!!!) - non-refundable - a night, whereas the weekend before it's 236 USD a night.

The Hilton Garden Inn next door is fully booked for the May 10 thru May 12 weekend - and actually a few nights afterwards.

Wait a minute. Hilton Garden Inn? This is the Stones we’re talking about. Shouldn’t you be checking availability of the Presidential Suite at the Four Seasons?

Crew.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...3738394041424344454647...LastNext
Current Page: 42 of 82

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1888
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home