Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...3637383940414243444546...LastNext
Current Page: 41 of 82
Re: The Rolling Stones North America Tour 2019
Posted by: Topi ()
Date: November 7, 2018 16:45

On Facebook, someone pointed out that the Boston hotel prices being up on certain weekends may also be because of college graduations in May.

But still, just for example, take a look at hotel Renaissance Patriot Place in Foxborough, MA on the weekend of May 10 to May 12. You're looking at 1,340 USD (!!!) - non-refundable - a night, whereas the weekend before it's 236 USD a night.

The Hilton Garden Inn next door is fully booked for the May 10 thru May 12 weekend - and actually a few nights afterwards.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-11-07 16:46 by Topi.

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: November 7, 2018 17:43

From The Sun, 11/6:

No slowing down

THE rumour mill went into overdrive after the Rolling Stones' logo appeared at several US stadiums over the weekend. And I can reveal they will tour there in the spring.

AFP

The dates comes as Mick Jagger and Keith Richards have been slogging away in a New York studio working on an EP.

I was hugely impressed with Mick, Keith, Ronnie Wood and Charlie Watts when I caught their No Filter European Tour in Dublin in May. They obviously don’t intend to slow down.

[www.thesun.co.uk]

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: November 7, 2018 17:44

Topi
On Facebook, someone pointed out that the Boston hotel prices being up on certain weekends may also be because of college graduations in May.

But still, just for example, take a look at hotel Renaissance Patriot Place in Foxborough, MA on the weekend of May 10 to May 12. You're looking at 1,340 USD (!!!) - non-refundable - a night, whereas the weekend before it's 236 USD a night.

The Hilton Garden Inn next door is fully booked for the May 10 thru May 12 weekend - and actually a few nights afterwards.

Stay somewhere within reach of Boston South Railway Station and get the special train. It's $20 return. Complete rip off and treacle slow but it'll get you there. Plenty of choice of all sorts of accommodation in the city.

Date: November 7, 2018 17:48

Yes, my point was we might indeed have a rough idea as to when the Boston show(s) will take place, just as BV already pointed out.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: November 7, 2018 17:49

bye bye johnny
From The Sun, 11/6:

No slowing down

THE rumour mill went into overdrive after the Rolling Stones' logo appeared at several US stadiums over the weekend. And I can reveal they will tour there in the spring.

The dates comes as Mick Jagger and Keith Richards have been slogging away in a New York studio working on an EP.

I was hugely impressed with Mick, Keith, Ronnie Wood and Charlie Watts when I caught their No Filter European Tour in Dublin in May. They obviously don’t intend to slow down.

[www.thesun.co.uk]

Last I checked "several" meant more than two.
Only two sightings of the logo that I'm aware of.

Bring on "several" cool smiley

Posted by: maumau ()
Date: November 7, 2018 18:04

working on an EP?

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: November 7, 2018 18:27

Topi

Wait a minute. Hilton Garden Inn? This is the Stones we’re talking about. Shouldn’t you be checking availability of the Presidential Suite at the Four Seasons?

Date: November 7, 2018 18:58

It seems different this time the way the rumored dates and locations aren't just rolling out one after the other.

It also seems strange the dates they have announced don't fit the average temperatures for the time of year for an outside concert.

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: November 7, 2018 18:59

OMG I can’t stand it

WHAT’S THE SCHEDULE ??

Date: November 7, 2018 19:03

Ha! The Presidential Suite still there for a mere 12K a night.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-11-07 21:08 by Topi.

Date: November 7, 2018 19:08

I am in for Denver, booked a refundable place for the week,
would love to call my Mom and tell her I am bringing my girls to her,
and then bam,
they’ll release a Sacramento show or something... spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: November 7, 2018 19:14

Hairball
Good lord Tim - you really screwed up the quoting above!
Not sure who said what now winking smiley but maybe that's a sign from the Gods to stay on topic!!!

As for the t-shirt you're referring to, don't recall ever seeing it - were you wearing it at Desert Trip?

Yeah, on my fone, I had messed something up in my reply but thought I straightened it out, maybe not. At Desert Trip, I believe I was wearing my IORR t shirt. You will have to see the plexi shirt.

plexi

Date: November 7, 2018 19:17

keefriffhard4life
timbernardis
keefriffhard4life
timbernardis
keefriffhard4life
watched the totally stripped shows right now btw and imo this was the last time the stones seemed and looked cool. after that they seemed to slowly become a self parody

What was the last Stones show u saw and will u be seeing any on this upcoming tour?

plexi

saw them in 1997, 2002 and 2006. i will see them on this tour if they are near me because for sure this will be the last time

American tours only then and none since ABB. I think if u had seen them on the 50th anniversary tour to present, and in particular the No Filter tour, u might think differently. I have seen 9 shows in that time span. I know I am sounding a bit like a broken record to those who have already heard me say this before but I will say it again --- the second show in Paris on October 22nd 2017 was the GREATEST single Stones show I have ever seen, BAR NONE! And that is 54 shows going back to and including 1975. Nuff said.

plexi

what does it matter that they were American tours? mick jagger now looks like he is doing those moves because "I'm mick jagger and people expect this" and keith clearly from the fall, old age and arthritis has issues playing and singing at the same time

Just see them on this upcoming tour and see what you think at that point.

plexi

Date: November 7, 2018 19:23

35love
and then bam,
they’ll release a Sacramento show or something... spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

R u from Sactown 35? My hometown.

plexi

Date: November 7, 2018 19:28

Now I AM beginning to worry.

What if, as BV said in a recent Facebook post, Denver may have been the work of local pranksters and (my thought) the tongues on the cheerleaders' t shirts and on the scoreboard at halftime of the Patriots game in Foxboro/Boston were just there cuz they were playing Stones music that the girls were dancing to.

I sincerely hope I am wrong and unfounded in my fears.

plexi

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-11-07 19:29 by timbernardis.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: November 7, 2018 19:36

Something is happening, but we don't know what it is.....

As for me, I'm chilling out right now listening to Crosseyed Heart trying to erase the John Denver tune out of my mind that I posted yesterday winking smiley..
...thinking there might be a chance to see the Stones again some day - incredible if it happens!

Posted by: Paddy ()
Date: November 7, 2018 19:41

Topi
I'll be in Vancouver right after Christmas for a couple of weeks. Definitely down for a drink!

What dates are you here Topi?

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: November 7, 2018 19:46

Topi
Yes, my point was we might indeed have a rough idea as to when the Boston show(s) will take place, just as BV already pointed out.

In that case, fair point thumbs up. One of my old Uni mates from Scotland has lived in that area for 16/17 years. There's a good chance the weather might still be a bit chilly then - probably like Dublin in May when it was only around 10 degrees C at Showtime.

Posted by: PalaisRoyale ()
Date: November 7, 2018 19:56

drbryant
Topi

Wait a minute. Hilton Garden Inn? This is the Stones we’re talking about. Shouldn’t you be checking availability of the Presidential Suite at the Four Seasons?

How would hotel chains know when the tour is? During spring and summer, all hotel bookings are up with travel.

Posted by: PaintitBlue ()
Date: November 7, 2018 19:57

I cant imagine them playing open air stadiums in early May. Something is not adding up here's hoping its an arena spring tour.

Posted by: DEmerson ()
Date: November 7, 2018 20:14

Somebody who claimed to have 'sources' claimed on Facebook, that the Foxboro tongue/cheerleaders was for the new album. All a guessing game at this point.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: November 7, 2018 20:16

PalaisRoyale

How would hotel chains know when the tour is? During spring and summer, all hotel bookings are up with travel.

People talk. There is a certain value in knowing about extreme demand. You will see that on the very show days, once tour dates are going public. hotel prices are some times very high right next to the venue. Partly because the crew is booked there, partly because people talk. I know because I do usually book my hotels before any dates are public.

Bjornulf

Date: November 7, 2018 20:31

Open air in May people are worried about? Nahhh. Look at the football fans in the Winter for cryin’ out loud.

(^subliminal message for songs ‘Winter’ ‘Worried About You’)

Posted by: snorton ()
Date: November 7, 2018 20:50

35love
and then bam,

Are you located in Sacramento?
If so, me too.

Date: November 7, 2018 20:55

Paddy
Topi
I'll be in Vancouver right after Christmas for a couple of weeks. Definitely down for a drink!

What dates are you here Topi?

Dec 27th thru Jan 6 for the Hockey World Juniors.

Date: November 7, 2018 20:59

snorton
35love
and then bam,

Are you located in Sacramento?
If so, me too.

Well, see you on the direct flight from Sacramento to Denver smileys with beer

Posted by: Dan ()
Date: November 7, 2018 21:02

jumpontopofmebaby
It seems different this time the way the rumored dates and locations aren't just rolling out one after the other.

It also seems strange the dates they have announced don't fit the average temperatures for the time of year for an outside concert.

Outdoor shows not too uncommon April and May even if for the Rolling Stones.

U2, Pink Floyd and Genesis are just 3 springtime stadium tours I can remember.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-11-07 21:02 by Dan.

Posted by: Dan ()
Date: November 7, 2018 21:03

bye bye johnny

[www.thesun.co.uk]

Good news! I was afraid they would do one show a week instead of two.

Date: November 7, 2018 21:05

timbernardis
Now I AM beginning to worry.

What if, as BV said in a recent Facebook post, Denver may have been the work of local pranksters and (my thought) the tongues on the cheerleaders' t shirts and on the scoreboard at halftime of the Patriots game in Foxboro/Boston were just there cuz they were playing Stones music that the girls were dancing to.

I sincerely hope I am wrong and unfounded in my fears.

plexi

C'mon bud. smiling smiley Too much of a coincidence for those two things to have occurred simultaneously IMO. The tease IS on and it's happening on purpose.

Posted by: Gaetzi ()
Date: November 7, 2018 21:16

Yeah, that would be a pretty bizarre prank. And I doubt the people that run Mile High would have kept the banner up if it was a prank

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...3637383940414243444546...LastNext
Current Page: 41 of 82

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 2065
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home