Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2829303132333435363738...LastNext
Current Page: 33 of 82
Re: The Rolling Stones North America Tour 2019
Posted by: MizzAmandaJonez ()
Date: November 4, 2018 17:14

Went to Rolling Stones website to sign up for tour news and it says I signed up for a Mick Jagger mailing list. Thought this was a bit ironic after seeing Bohemian Rhapsody and the band Queens reaction to Freddy Mercury doing business outside the band, guessing this is a mistake by someone?

[www.rollingstones.com] This is the url that returns the confirmation from Mick Jagger and this other url [store.digitalstores.co.uk] returns an email from the Stones confirming I’m on the list- same signup formatting and and both are on www.rollingstones.com but different look on each link.

This mailing is to xxxxxx@xxxxxx.com from Mick Jagger and Polydor : Universal Music Operations Ltd, 4 Pancras Square, London. N1C 4AG, UK. +44 (0)20 3932 6000. You may withdraw your consent at any time. See Privacy Policy at [www.umusic.co.uk]
Unsubscribe from Mick Jagger Unsubscribe from all Universal Music emails
We sometimes send you emails about artists similar to those you have signed up for. You can unsubscribe, here
If you are still having difficulty in unsubscribing please contact us at email@viceversa-unsubscribe.com with the subject line Unsubscribe.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2018-11-04 17:24 by MizzAmandaJonez.

Posted by: glmmr_twn ()
Date: November 4, 2018 18:33

I signed up at 6am Eastern US time and got an email back from the Rolling Stones confirming I'm signed up. I just went to rollingstones.com again and signed up my cat and he got the Mick Jagger message. I hope one of us gets tickets.

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: November 4, 2018 18:40

MizzAmandaJonez

Went to Rolling Stones website to sign up for tour news and it says I signed up for a Mick Jagger mailing list.

Looks like there's something coming from Mick too since his Solo-Albums are currently not available via Streaming or Download - [iorr.org] .

Posted by: stabilo ()
Date: November 4, 2018 18:49

were is the info about the who doing a stint

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-11-04 19:02 by stabilo.

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: November 4, 2018 19:30

Nothing new here, at least not that we haven't read already you know where...

DENVER (CelebrityAccess) The Rolling Stones might be hitting the road Stateside in 2019, according to the message boards.

The Stones wrapped the European leg of their No Filter tour, playing 14 dates this year ending July 8 at PGE Narodowy in Warsaw, Poland. Since then, there hasn’t been nary a peep about a North American visit but there are, literally, a couple of signs.

Yesterday, someone posted a video of the Stone’s iconic logo hanging outside Broncos Stadium at Mile High in Denver.

Meanwhile, www.rollingstones.com is prominently displaying a link to its mailing list, noting “You never know what could be coming!”

Whatever the case, chances are the Stones won’t be playing the snowy confines of outdoor stadiums anytime soon. The band played 15 North American stadiums in 2015.

[celebrityaccess.com]

Posted by: campxray ()
Date: November 4, 2018 20:46

Per Bjornulf, the tour is expected to be late April to mid June 2019.

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: November 4, 2018 22:04

I saw the Stones in Denver in the winter twice. Feb 2 99 on No Security at the McNichols Arena where the NBA Denver Nuggets played since replaced by the Pepsi Center where I saw them February 1st 2003 Licks. Also late November 2005 ABB. On Thanksgiving.

plexi

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2018-11-04 22:35 by timbernardis.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: November 4, 2018 22:09

campxray
Per Bjornulf, the tour is expected to be late April to mid June 2019.
Yup.
Widely known.
But the unfurling of the tongue and lips banner on the stadium this (6+ months) early has many (rightfully) speculating.

Date: November 4, 2018 22:10

Also, consider this: Mile High is located right on the major interstate freeway that goes right through the heart of Denver. No better place to advertise a show or a tour for maximum exposure. And, the last few tours have seen pre tour banners go up in several places in each city where the band played and not necessarily on the venue played.

All of this ---Tantalizing, titillating, fun? U bet!

plexi

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2018-11-04 22:18 by timbernardis.

Posted by: sarahunwin ()
Date: November 4, 2018 22:23

I'm exhausted already - lol!!!

Posted by: TKinOH ()
Date: November 4, 2018 23:49

Take a deep breath, folks...

They're not playing Broncos Stadium at Mile High until next Spring at the earliest... Mother Nature wouldn't be permissive!

It is early for potential tour hype prior to a date there, but I love the Tongue showing up unannounced anywhere like this.

Remember the electronic billboards that popped up in the US in 2015 before the Zip Code announcement? Brilliant PR using the most iconic logo going, and this is another perfect example... I got pix of a billboard in Dayton, and they obviously never played there, but I can't see them hanging a banner off Mile High without a date being on hold.

All Stones fans, get in your vehicles and do a recon on every major stadium in North America... we will find another banner when there's no home game and they have the time to hang it!!

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: November 5, 2018 00:35

TKinOH
All Stones fans, get in your vehicles and do a recon on every major stadium in North America... we will find another banner when there's no home game and they have the time to hang it!!

Broncos are playing the Texans today in Denver.

Date: November 5, 2018 00:40

bye bye johnny
TKinOH

I saw that after my overly-excited post...

But, they won't hang one when 75,000 folks are walkin' in for a game, so maybe more will show up this week before next weekend's games.

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: November 5, 2018 00:49

Meanwhile, over in Shidoobeeland, Stonesdoug is saying he's hearing the tour will start 4/24 in Jacksonville, FL

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2018-11-05 01:00 by Topi.

Date: November 5, 2018 01:18

TKinOH
bye bye johnny
TKinOH

I saw that after my overly-excited post...

But, they won't hang one when 75,000 folks are walkin' in for a game, so maybe more will show up this week before next weekend's games.

Why not? Good direct advertising to a likely audience. Season ticket holders for the Broncos can also likely afford Stones tix. The casual fan. A lot of Boomers.

plexi

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2018-11-05 01:55 by timbernardis.

Date: November 5, 2018 01:23

Saw the Jacksonville date rumored on Twitter as well, info also probably came from stonesdoug..

I think we can now safely assume Denver makes the list of cities, and while they're heading west, I gotta believe the Vancouver/Seattle area will get a stop as these are all a few of the major NA cities/areas that haven't hosted them since 2006/7.

Denver, in my mind at least, also puts a Red Rocks stop solidly on the option/wish list cool smiley

Posted by: diverseharmonics ()
Date: November 5, 2018 02:03

Holy crap

Posted by: PalaisRoyale ()
Date: November 5, 2018 02:28

yorkshirestone
Cristiano Radtke
kramsey
I just drove past Mile High stadium in Denver and almost had a heart attack when we saw a crane putting up a huge Stones tongue.

video: [youtu.be]

How exciting! smileys with beer

[twitter.com]
Classic tongue rather than no filter tongue? And no yellow!?

Looks like a proper tour with the album as the theme. We will have to wait to see what they call this go around.

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: November 5, 2018 02:47

Topi
Meanwhile, over in Shidoobeeland, Stonesdoug is saying he's hearing the tour will start 4/24 in Jacksonville, FL

That would make sense. No likely problems with the weather there smiling smiley

Posted by: OhYesMeAgain ()
Date: November 5, 2018 02:48

Of course the question remains: why start unfurling banners so early if the tour isn't likely to start until the end of April? Maybe more banners will start to appear because the announcement will be soon so that fans or friends of fans can start to purchase expensive concert tickets as Christmas presents now for shows to take place in the Spring? Children may be willing to spend a lot for a Christmas present to afford their parents a once in a life time opportunity to witness the Stones and parents may be willing to spend a lot to afford their children the same opportunity? There has got to be a good reason for the banner. Exciting!

Date: November 5, 2018 03:49

OhYesMeAgain
Of course the question remains: why start unfurling banners so early if the tour isn't likely to start until the end of April? Maybe more banners will start to appear because the announcement will be soon so that fans or friends of fans can start to purchase expensive concert tickets as Christmas presents now for shows to take place in the Spring? Children may be willing to spend a lot for a Christmas present to afford their parents a once in a life time opportunity to witness the Stones and parents may be willing to spend a lot to afford their children the same opportunity? There has got to be a good reason for the banner. Exciting!

I can see the Christmas season timing...

If I remember correctly, I bought tix for US shows in 2013 and 2015 right after I received my tax refund... funny how that works, isn't it?

Supply and demand... offer a quality product to those with some disposable income.

Posted by: nick ()
Date: November 5, 2018 04:16

Disclaimer: No offense meant. Strictly from the business point of view.

Could they be paid enough to promote this as a Final US Tour?
If the answer is No, whatever the reason is keep the original question in mind.

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: November 5, 2018 04:18

Tour poster? grinning smiley

Date: November 5, 2018 04:43

OhYesMeAgain
It is exciting!

Only reasonable reason I can come up with is a tie in with the new album release.
Album released in time for Xmas (like B&L).. with some type of a pre-order option to bundle it with a concert (?). It's been rumored that there would be a potential ticket and album "bundle". Would perhaps make sense and be great news if so.

Re: The Rolling Stones Tours 2019 and on - North America next up
Date: November 5, 2018 04:59

livefromuk
For what it’s worth I know someone that works at the Linc in Philly, first week of June dates are being discussed with promoter.

Wanted to bump this post from 10th September... just to see if it comes into play.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-11-05 05:00 by TKinOH.

Posted by: ohmercy61 ()
Date: November 5, 2018 05:36

Stones. Logo foxboro mass..during tonite game

Posted by: babyblue ()
Date: November 5, 2018 05:38

SomeTorontoGirl
Tour poster? grinning smiley

Really,.

Posted by: Kennedy ()
Date: November 5, 2018 05:38

Wish folks would stop spamming these threads with Red Rocks posts. I agree it would be great, but I’m not gonna big anyone obsessing over my wish to see them at the Greek Theater.

Red Rocks ain’t gonna happen.

Posted by: OhYesMeAgain ()
Date: November 5, 2018 05:58

Thanks for the info about the stones logo in foxboro!

Posted by: Paddy ()
Date: November 5, 2018 06:06

OhYesMeAgain
Thanks for the info about the stones logo in foxboro!

Yes, much appreciated.
I wonder if there’s a reason BV made the album & your thread stickies...

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2829303132333435363738...LastNext
Current Page: 33 of 82

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1840
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home