Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2728293031323334353637...LastNext
Current Page: 32 of 82
Re: The Rolling Stones North America Tour 2019
Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: November 4, 2018 01:05

kramsey
We just moved here in July but are starting to get a handle on the weather. The area is probably more mild than folks think but it still gets quite cold. We have already had 2 snowfalls and while the average high temp during Nov and Dec may seem reasonable, you really feel the low temp in the evenings and mornings. I can’t imagine they would do an outdoor show over the next couple months. My best guess is an announcement is coming for...1) a spring outdoor show (seems unisually early), 2) the announcement is for a winter show but at an indoor arena or 3) it’s simply an advertisement for the new album. With any luck, maybe it will be for all 3winking smiley

Thanks!
Of your three scenarios I'd likely go with door #2 (although also rooting for all 3)
The new album would be most logical if they didn't unfurl the banner on a stadium.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: November 4, 2018 01:10

Topi
@Hairball: Wouldn't read too much into that email per se, they send it every time no matter how many times you have signed up a particular address.

But something seems to be up!

No, not reading too much into it, but...a nice pic of Mick on stage in front of a crowd with the classic red tongue asking "are you on the list"?....hmmm...coupled with the giant classic Stones tongue banner in Denver...hmmm...no, not reading too much into it...smiling smiley

Something is definitely up!!!

Thanks to Crackinup for providing the link above.thumbs up

Date: November 4, 2018 01:19

kramsey
I just drove past Mile High stadium in Denver and almost had a heart attack when we saw a crane putting up a huge Stones tongue.

video: [youtu.be]
Great video
Thanks for posting and breaking the story!

Date: November 4, 2018 01:25

Suspense is killin' me. cool smiley

My prediction is we see one go up at BC Place in Vancouver next spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Posted by: kramsey ()
Date: November 4, 2018 01:31

MisterDDDD

My prediction is we see one go up at BC Place in Vancouver next spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Suspense is killing me as well my friend. My wife and I both gasped for air when we saw it from a distance.....we thought, “Could it really be, the very first signs of an upcoming tour?” We thought a day at the aquarium was fun, but the tongue took the cake.

Party at our house when they come through town!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-11-04 01:32 by kramsey.

Date: November 4, 2018 01:35

thumbs up
Gasps were audible in the video spinning smiley sticking its tongue out
Nice job keeping the car on the road..

Posted by: Donnebr ()
Date: November 4, 2018 02:01

Just signed up

Posted by: mosthigh ()
Date: November 4, 2018 02:12

I'm sure its been said before, but keep an eye on Karl Denson's tour dates - he's only got a handful in December, including new years, so needless to say, any large gaps could be Stones rehearsals or actual dates.

And yes, the pnw is way overdue for a show or two.

[karldenson.com]

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: November 4, 2018 02:30

kramsey
I just drove past Mile High stadium in Denver and almost had a heart attack when we saw a crane putting up a huge Stones tongue.

Thanks, kramsey!

Posted by: kramsey ()
Date: November 4, 2018 02:33

bye bye johnny
kramsey

Thanks, kramsey!

My pleasure!!

Posted by: babyblue ()
Date: November 4, 2018 03:22

Thanks for posting but isn't a winter/spring tour, still winter and cold.Maybe a summer tour but why so early signs.

Posted by: jahisnotdead ()
Date: November 4, 2018 03:39

Posted in the wrong thread... sorry!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-11-04 03:40 by jahisnotdead.

Posted by: StonedAsia ()
Date: November 4, 2018 05:30

bye bye johnny
kramsey

Thanks, kramsey!

Sweet! But still, wake me up when an announcement is made. This thread may go on for 200 pages lol

Posted by: Paddy ()
Date: November 4, 2018 08:00

MisterDDDD

Amen Brother.

Posted by: swimtothemoon ()
Date: November 4, 2018 08:24

My guess is this show will still be in the late Spring and early Summer time frame. However, maybe they will announce the tour earlier than prior tours in order to sell out multiple shows in the same venue/city such as this example in Denver. Selling out one show than adding another show may be the strategy. Whatever the case, this is very good news and thanks for posting the photo! Actually “good news” is a understatement - so exciting we have a new album and another tour on the way! The Rolling Stones 2019 tour seems to be confirmed.

Posted by: IGTBA ()
Date: November 4, 2018 09:19

I'm excited by the tongue banner hanging from Mile High stadium in Denver. I think it means there are plans for them to perform at that stadium next year - nothing more or less. It's not easy to sell out Mile High stadium, even for the Stones; so I think the promoter is trying to generate excitement early.

While Denver weather is great, there is a realistic chance for cold weather and several inches of snow anytime of year from early October through the first two weeks of May. Those storms are quite infrequent, but very possible, even in early fall and spring. I think it would be foolish to schedule a major outdoor stadium concert here anytime before the middle of May. Most likely it will be sometime in June, which is consistent with BV's comments. Denver weather during the last three weeks of June is almost always great, with rain being rare then.

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: November 4, 2018 09:48

IGTBA
I'm excited by the tongue banner hanging from Mile High stadium in Denver. I think it means there are plans for them to perform at that stadium next year - nothing more or less. It's not easy to sell out Mile High stadium, even for the Stones; so I think the promoter is trying to generate excitement early.

While Denver weather is great, there is a realistic chance for cold weather and several inches of snow anytime of year from early October through the first two weeks of May. Those storms are quite infrequent, but very possible, even in early fall and spring. I think it would be foolish to schedule a major outdoor stadium concert here anytime before the middle of May. Most likely it will be sometime in June, which is consistent with BV's comments. Denver weather during the last three weeks of June is almost always great, with rain being rare then.

I recommend this Colorado (Pepsi Center) Venue:

Posted by: ErwinH ()
Date: November 4, 2018 10:55

Posted by: JumpinJeppeFlash ()
Date: November 4, 2018 10:58

Please play MSG or some other indoor venues in the US. Not just huge stadiums once more.

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: November 4, 2018 11:15

JumpinJeppeFlash
Please play MSG or some other indoor venues in the US. Not just huge stadiums once more.

Correct!!

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: November 4, 2018 12:53

the sign's showing up quite early. Thus it seems likely that the tour might start rather in late winter than in mid spring?
Does anybody remeber when the first signs in Dublin appeared?

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: November 4, 2018 13:57

I think Edinburgh was the city where the first spottings were reported this year. Can't remember the time frame, would have to look that up. Sometime in February anyway. The official announcement took place at the end of February.

EDIT: found the tweet from Edinburgh. It dates back to just about a week before the announcement, February 20.

[mobile.twitter.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-11-04 14:00 by Topi.

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: November 4, 2018 14:55

slewan

the sign's showing up quite early. Thus it seems likely that the tour might start rather in late winter than in mid spring?

Or it's just a kind of preview that something important is coming and people can e.g. adjust their vacations next year.

Posted by: Kurt ()
Date: November 4, 2018 15:06

So who else plans to optimistically drive by their local venues in search of another Stones Tongue banner today?

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: November 4, 2018 15:30

Kurt
So who else plans to optimistically drive by their local venues in search of another Stones Tongue banner today?

can't drive by century link in seattle today as there is a game but will next week. century link is the best sounding stadium i've been to, every show i've seen there has sounded great. it was designed with sound in mind. fingers crossed...

Posted by: Send It To me ()
Date: November 4, 2018 16:18

They might want an early ticket sale date in case the stock market crashes or something

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: November 4, 2018 16:33

Send It To me
They might want an early ticket sale date in case the stock market crashes or something

on the other hand: an early ticket sales raises insurance costs (if case the have to cancel shows)

Posted by: Mr Jimmy ()
Date: November 4, 2018 16:57

My theory is that, based on this years No Filter tour being announced just under three months before the first show, if the North American 2019 tour is going to start at the end of April, three months before that is the end of January, which is not a great time to be selling tickets, when people have just spent a lot of money over the Christmas period.

So perhaps they will announce the tour later this month? It makes things easier for the promoters - they have more time to sell tickets.

Maybe 12 stadium shows finishing with two nights at MSG, or maybe they'll play Citi Field or MetLife Stadium instead, and MSG just won't happen.

Whatever happens, it's great to see the Tongue & Lips logo on the side of a venue in the U.S. The tour is ON!

What's your favourite flavour?...........Cherry Red!!

Date: November 4, 2018 17:01

It does seem the most likely scenario is that the banner is an early sign for a late winter/early spring date.

Doesn't seem likely that a winter tour is about to start.. or that they would be unfurling a banner on a venue they don't plan on playing.
Could be part of a new album marketing campaign I suppose.
"New Album.. December _ New Tour.. March _" kinda thing.

Kinda rooting for early spring.
Great road trip from Seattle to Denver that time of year cool smiley

Posted by: babyblue ()
Date: November 4, 2018 17:13

A winter tour that is odd. Maybe Australia is planned for summer or SE Asia. Maybe the tongue is newsfor lp release but why in Denver?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-11-04 17:15 by babyblue.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2728293031323334353637...LastNext
Current Page: 32 of 82

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1140
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home