Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1617181920212223242526...LastNext
Current Page: 21 of 82
Re: The Rolling Stones Tours 2019 and on - North America next up
Posted by: ChrisMahavishnu ()
Date: October 10, 2018 11:24

MisterDDDD
Really looking forward to the next NA leg..

Six years ago they started an amazing run of live shows that I am so grateful is continuing. There really is not much comparable in life to the excitement (still) and the anticipation of the band hitting the stage. Those few minutes right before the lights come up and the first notes played are the absolute best.
Can't wait!
[www.youtube.com]

Me too, couldn't agree more!

I wonder when the first solid rumours will start coming through.

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: October 10, 2018 14:28

The 2017 n 2018 gigs were great..so enjoy the us gigs.i will not be there.
Jeroen

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: October 10, 2018 19:50

It would be somewhat of a letdown if there's no new album for the supposed upcoming US tour, and according to Chuck there might not be (though hard to rely on what he says).
Even though they'd only play one or two new tunes from it at the max, at least there would be an extra buzz surrounding the tour. Otherwise, No Filter pt. III...same old same old...

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: October 11, 2018 02:02

corriecas
The 2017 n 2018 gigs were great..so enjoy the us gigs.i will not be there.
Jeroen

Oh c’mon! I crossed 2x last year (woooo hooooo)
You can cross 1x next cool smiley

Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: October 11, 2018 05:48

Hairball
It would be somewhat of a letdown if there's no new album for the supposed upcoming US tour, and according to Chuck there might not be (though hard to rely on what he says).
Even though they'd only play one or two new tunes from it at the max, at least there would be an extra buzz surrounding the tour. Otherwise, No Filter pt. III...same old same old...

Yes. For artists, they don't really CREATE much. Apart from tour/merchandise income. I'm a Stones fan, obviously that's why I am here, but gee, their recent output, again as artists, is so disappointing. I get it, they want it to be great. It's (probably) NOT going to be Exile, but a new record WOULD be nice!

Rod

Date: October 11, 2018 06:37

bitusa2012
Hairball

Yes. For artists, they don't really CREATE much. Apart from tour/merchandise income. I'm a Stones fan, obviously that's why I am here, but gee, their recent output, again as artists, is so disappointing. I get it, they want it to be great. It's (probably) NOT going to be Exile, but a new record WOULD be nice!

Yes to all of the above.

Can't think of any existing working bands/artists who release more material from the vaults vs. anything new. Dylan and Neil for example release their respective bootleg series and archive material, but they also create something new. While Dylan's last original album was six years ago, that seems like yesterday when compared to the Stones drought of 13+ years, and since then he's released several cover albums...including a Christmas album!.

And then there's the live shows. You have the Stones mini nostalgia tours vs. Dylan whose on the road endlessly reworking his material to the point of some of it being unrecognizable. And Neil Young - never the same setlist from one night to the next, and always has something new and/or something rarely played - sometimes debuting forgotten songs from the past. And then there's Paul McCartney releasing new material and putting on marathon shows with 40+ song setlists! I've said it before, that for the Stones their future lies in the past, but didn't think it would be this extreme. Yes, also still a fan of the Stones, but things aren't the way they used to be.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-10-11 06:38 by Hairball.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: October 11, 2018 06:45

Lol.
If I had to choose between all of Dylan's and Neil's new music and other output *combined in the last twenty years, vs the stones output, the stones would win in a new york minute. Also- love Paul with his two+ hour 40 three minute+ diddie's, but as was the case at Desert Trip, a fun sing a long, but talk about riding the nostalgia train, of a band that has't existed in decades no less. If the stones milked the number of shows he does (his greed is notorious) the band bashers would lose their minds.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-10-11 07:01 by MisterDDDD.

Date: October 11, 2018 07:54

The point wasn't which artist one prefers, but the amount of new work those working artists continue to create on top of releasing their archives, bootlegs, etc.
As bitusa2012 said: "For artists, they (the Stones) don't really CREATE much. Apart from tour/merchandise income", adding that it's so disappointing.
Not a fan of Springsteen by any means, but he also seems to be a workhorse releasing both new material and archives, and constantly doing live shows - whether solo or with his band.

Posted by: lem motlow ()
Date: October 11, 2018 08:10

DandelionPowderman
lem motlow
DandelionPowderman
Well, Lem, why don't you check the numbers for the 2017/18-tour. Including a 5 shows mini-tour (2012) in the math isn't really relevant.

And I fail to see what's so bad with a bunch of semi-retired mid/late 70 year olds still are topping the album charts and maintaining their spot among the top 20 acts in the entire world?

BB King had to work that hard to cling on to the top 500, although he deserved to be way higher.

Was the Keith quote from between 2012 and 2018, btw?

So, what's your point?

For the life of me I don’t understand why everyone gets so defensive about this.
We all love the band,that’s a given,but why get upset when I simply point out the lazy pace they’re keeping.
I can show most of you a random picture of any of the Stones and you could tell me what year it’s from but you are gonna act like you haven’t heard,for years,”we wanna see how far we can take this thing”and “the old blues cats played till they dropped”
I don’t even like McCartney or The Beatles,I think most of their music was acid pop drivel.I think Paul’s a bit of a phony with that happy go lucky act but he’s as old as the Stones and has outworked them so bad it’s not funny.
His last tour a couple of years ago had 49 shows in The States,49.
Willie Nelson does about 30 or 40 shows a year by bus and Dandy, B.B. didn’t HAVE to do anything,he was a multimillionaire when he died and was still doing over 200 shows a year.
If the guys would say they’re not really in the game anymore it wouldn’t be so bad but promoting a ROLLING STONES TOUR and doing 14 shows is weak.

I'm not defensive. I just have this thing with facts. I can't let fake news slide. It's like a disease smoking smiley

en.m.wikipedia.org -just scroll down to “the 2010s”

The No Filter tour brought in 237 million,number 20 on the list for this decade is Justin Timberlake at (IA) 239 million.
When you see how many shows the other acts did for their money you can see somebody is giving their fans a beating,you’re working really hard to pay for the tickets and they do very little for the money.
14 shows and then a 7 month break,a new set of rehearsals and 14 more shows is a “28 date tour” ok, again look how many shows the other acts did.

Posted by: ChrisMahavishnu ()
Date: October 11, 2018 11:39

lem motlow
14 shows and then a 7 month break,a new set of rehearsals and 14 more shows is a “28 date tour” ok, again look how many shows the other acts did.

Considering how many contemporary artists are either retired or undertaking farewell tours perhaps it would be better to count ones blessings and enjoy the fact we are getting more than a months worth of shows each year.

I am overjoyed that I can look forward to another Rolling Stones tour in 2019, and hopeful that a new album may just come our way sometime soon.

Posted by: shortfatfanny ()
Date: October 11, 2018 13:06

ChrisMahavishnu
lem motlow

Considering how many contemporary artists are either retired or undertaking farewell tours perhaps it would be better to count ones blessings and enjoy the fact we are getting more than a months worth of shows each year.

I am overjoyed that I can look forward to another Rolling Stones tour in 2019, and hopeful that a new album may just come our way
sometime soon.

thumbs up

We are talking about people who are in their mid seventies or even older.
I know a lot of people in this age who aren't able to walk or talk,suffering from diseases,whatever...

They owe us nothing..not a damned mini tour with the predictable setlist,not another album...simply nothing.
But they still tour,probably do some work on an album...and people keep on complaining.
If one don't want to fork out a lot of money for very expensive tickets...don't go.
But complaining and whining seems to be much more fun for some...I think this is getting boring.

Date: October 11, 2018 13:09

lem motlow
DandelionPowderman
lem motlow
DandelionPowderman
Well, Lem, why don't you check the numbers for the 2017/18-tour. Including a 5 shows mini-tour (2012) in the math isn't really relevant.

And I fail to see what's so bad with a bunch of semi-retired mid/late 70 year olds still are topping the album charts and maintaining their spot among the top 20 acts in the entire world?

BB King had to work that hard to cling on to the top 500, although he deserved to be way higher.

Was the Keith quote from between 2012 and 2018, btw?

So, what's your point?

For the life of me I don’t understand why everyone gets so defensive about this.
We all love the band,that’s a given,but why get upset when I simply point out the lazy pace they’re keeping.
I can show most of you a random picture of any of the Stones and you could tell me what year it’s from but you are gonna act like you haven’t heard,for years,”we wanna see how far we can take this thing”and “the old blues cats played till they dropped”
I don’t even like McCartney or The Beatles,I think most of their music was acid pop drivel.I think Paul’s a bit of a phony with that happy go lucky act but he’s as old as the Stones and has outworked them so bad it’s not funny.
His last tour a couple of years ago had 49 shows in The States,49.
Willie Nelson does about 30 or 40 shows a year by bus and Dandy, B.B. didn’t HAVE to do anything,he was a multimillionaire when he died and was still doing over 200 shows a year.
If the guys would say they’re not really in the game anymore it wouldn’t be so bad but promoting a ROLLING STONES TOUR and doing 14 shows is weak.

I'm not defensive. I just have this thing with facts. I can't let fake news slide. It's like a disease smoking smiley

en.m.wikipedia.org -just scroll down to “the 2010s”

The No Filter tour brought in 237 million,number 20 on the list for this decade is Justin Timberlake at (IA) 239 million.
When you see how many shows the other acts did for their money you can see somebody is giving their fans a beating,you’re working really hard to pay for the tickets and they do very little for the money.

Are you comparing world tours with euro-tours here, Lem? Your link doesn't work, but I checked out Timberlake.

For 112 shows:
«The magazine expects the tour to reach a total of $275 million and 2 million attendees by the time it concludes»

Then we can compare with the Stones tour of 28 shows, grossing pretty similar numbers.

And let's take a look in the crystal bowl: Do you see Timberlake out there in 2060, doing what the Stones do?

My point is that the comparison is invalid, and that - no matter what we wish, or think should have happened - The Stones's tour was a succesful one.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-10-11 13:10 by DandelionPowderman.

Posted by: RiffKichards ()
Date: October 11, 2018 13:09

shortfatfanny

I know a lot of people in this age who aren't able to walk or talk,suffering from diseases,whatever...

They owe us nothing..not a damned mini tour with the predictable setlist,not another album...simply nothing.
But they still tour,probably do some work on an album...and people keep on complaining.
If one don't want to fork out a lot of money for very expensive tickets...don't go.
But complaining and whining seems to be much more fun for some...I think this is getting boring.

Well said !! thumbs up

Posted by: mnewman505 ()
Date: October 11, 2018 15:11

Billy Joel hasn't released a new album since River of Dreams in 1993.

Date: October 11, 2018 15:23

shortfatfanny
ChrisMahavishnu
lem motlow

I am overjoyed that I can look forward to another Rolling Stones tour in 2019, and hopeful that a new album may just come our way
sometime soon.

thumbs up

smileys with beerthumbs up
Jeroen

Posted by: clance65 ()
Date: October 12, 2018 07:40

shortfatfanny
ChrisMahavishnu
lem motlow

sometime soon.

thumbs up

Nailed it. That is all.

Posted by: Paddy ()
Date: October 12, 2018 08:24

shortfatfanny
ChrisMahavishnu
lem motlow

sometime soon.

thumbs up

This.
Well Said.

Date: October 12, 2018 09:52

Sorry the link didn’t work, I was on my phone.
OK,lets try again-
Put in your search engine “list of highest grossing concert tours”-a wiki site will come up with U2 360, voodoo lounge and all that shit.scroll down to “by decade”-you’ll see the gold standard triumphs.the Stones owning the 90s ,The Stones owning the 2000s then the 2010s and these embarrassing money grabs that don’t even crack the top 20.
Making excuses for them is just sad- “they’re old,they’re semiretired,we’re lucky to have them at all “
This is the greatest Band that ever stepped foot on a Rock and Roll stage and you guys are acting like seeing them is visiting grandma in the rest home”we’re lucky they’re still here” you better go you might not see them again “-FVCK THAT!
I’ve given multiple examples of men who have done way more for much less for the love of music and the Stones have talked enough shit they need to either go all in or go home.14 shows gtfoh.
I think a lot of this is an attitude of different countries and the band has an uncanny ability to read the zeitgeist.
S.America and Europe are more forgiving where the States are more “here today gone tomorrow “ and “what have you done for me lately?” Which is why the States will be hearing the new album on tour next summer.
Hopefully not on some sorry ass 15 date tour.

Date: October 12, 2018 09:58

<Which is why the States will be hearing the new album on tour next summer>

I wouldn't hold my breath..

Date: October 12, 2018 10:09

DandelionPowderman

Wanna bet? They come back without something new to hype it ain’t gonna be pretty.
You know how many times that same show has played here?

Date: October 12, 2018 12:44

lem motlow
DandelionPowderman

Wanna bet? They come back without something new to hype it ain’t gonna be pretty.

Geez Lem.you sure are a negatve sod.if you dont like the band anymore then get off this site n dont trouble us with your shite.furthermore if i were you dont go to their gigs.it will create more positivity.
Jeroen

Posted by: babyblue ()
Date: October 12, 2018 12:53

I was listening last night to Bellingham, WA, a great FM rock station. The guy said Stones new release should be done in December this year.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2018-10-12 12:54 by babyblue.

Date: October 12, 2018 12:58

babyblue
I was listening last night to Bellingham, WA, a great FM rock station. The guy said Stones new release should be done in December this year.

Yeah and i say it should be done tomorrow.
Jeroen

Date: October 12, 2018 13:07

babyblue

And «optimistic» Ronnie just said he hoped to meet up with the others in the studio in a few months time...

Posted by: shortfatfanny ()
Date: October 12, 2018 14:13

40 years ago the lazy bones did a lousy 25 shows tour with a poor 17 songs setlist including 4 covers...

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: October 12, 2018 16:44

babyblue

Hey.. that's where I live.
92.9 FM ?? cool smiley

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: October 12, 2018 17:00

MisterDDDD
babyblue

Hey.. that's where I live.
92.9 FM ?? cool smiley

Amazon should be the host
‘Send It To Me’
You’d get a show in Seattle I bet drinking smiley
Amazon should sponsor The Rolling Stones America Tour 2019
add a possible pay stream for shows or parts of shows HD
I’d buy anything with that vocal of Mick’s in the background with the happiest funkiest guitar’s ‘SEND IT TO ME’ TICKETS PLEASE

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2018-10-12 17:13 by 35love.

Date: October 12, 2018 17:03

lem motlow
DandelionPowderman

As far as I know, you got one more round to go, compared to how many times the show has played here.. They'll get away with it. But let's see what happens, shall we.

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: October 12, 2018 17:20

lem is stating facts as far as grosses and number of shows. Whether you like his conclusions or assumptions is irrelevant. He shouldn't be told to go away. He has an opinion and is a passionate fan. That's why he's here with the rest of us. Do you really want a site that is nothing but group-think? Diversity of opinion is what generates conversation and keeps the board alive.

Date: October 12, 2018 17:27

Rocky Dijon
lem is stating facts as far as grosses and number of shows. Whether you like his conclusions or assumptions is irrelevant. He shouldn't be told to go away. He has an opinion and is a passionate fan. That's why he's here with the rest of us. Do you really want a site that is nothing but group-think? Diversity of opinion is what generates conversation and keeps the board alive.

I wouldn't dream of asking Lem to go away. On the contrary, he's sorely needed here, with his rough style and straight-forward way of presenting his views (which I often agree with, even though he might not feel that way - because I speak up when I don't agree).

But this time (for the No Filter tour) he was comparing a world tour (Timberlake's 112 shows) with a small euro-tour (No Filter's 28 shows), where the gross different was $40 million ($279 vs $237).

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1617181920212223242526...LastNext
Current Page: 21 of 82

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1895
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home