Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...89101112131415161718...LastNext
Current Page: 13 of 82
Re: The Rolling Stones Tours 2019 and on - North America next up
Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: September 12, 2018 20:14

DandelionPowderman
babyblue
From all these posts I am lead to believe this won't be a mini tour but bigger, am I correct to assume this.

No indications of that so far?

If we were to compile every wish list and speculation in this thread, then yeah.
But in reality and based on recent mini tours, then probably not.

What happened to the *Vegas residency rumours?
Doubt that would ever happen, but maybe something at the Beacon?
Doubt that would happen either, but is interesting to ponder.

I stick with my initial prediction - massive stadiums in the most populated cities.
And since Dan mentioned the two day Arroyo Seco Festival, I'll add that one also.
Over the last two years many big name bands have played there - from Tom Petty. Neil Young, Robert Plant, The Pretenders, Jack White, etc., etc., etc.
Would be an easy gig for the Stones w/ a pre-built stage, and the fans would benefit with reasonable ticket prices.

Posted by: Rokyfan ()
Date: September 12, 2018 21:22

Hairball
DandelionPowderman
babyblue
From all these posts I am lead to believe this won't be a mini tour but bigger, am I correct to assume this.

If we were to compile every wish list and speculation in this thread, then yeah.

I stick with my initial prediction - massive stadiums in the most populated cities.
And since Dan mentioned the two day Arroyo Seco Festival, I'll add that one also.
Over the last two years many big name bands have played there - from Tom Petty. Neil Young, Robert Plant, The Pretenders, Jack White, etc., etc., etc.
Would be an easy gig for the Stones w/ a pre-built stage, and the fans would benefit with reasonable ticket prices.

BV, who is the one poster with knowledge, has consistently stated for the past few years that the Stones plan one tour at a time -- 14 or 15 dates. That is what they do now, there is no reason to think they will do something different. A festival might be part of it, maybe a private show or two to add to the bottom line (when is Bezos's birthday?) The idea that they might do a Vegas residency seems ludicrous on many levels, not the least of which is the idea of Keith and Charlie moving out there for a period. I agree -- big stadiums.

Date: September 12, 2018 21:31

Rokyfan
Hairball
DandelionPowderman
babyblue

BV, who is the one poster with knowledge, has consistently stated for the past few years that the Stones plan one tour at a time -- 14 or 15 dates. That is what they do now, there is no reason to think they will do something different. A festival might be part of it, maybe a private show or two to add to the bottom line (when is Bezos's birthday?) The idea that they might do a Vegas residency seems ludicrous on many levels, not the least of which is the idea of Keith and Charlie moving out there for a period. I agree -- big stadiums.

Well said.

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: September 12, 2018 21:51

Rokyfan
The idea that they might do a Vegas residency seems ludicrous on many levels, not the least of which is the idea of Keith and Charlie moving out there for a period.

Residency doesn't necessarily mean a stay in Vegas for an extended period. Aerosmith's recently announced "residency" has dates in April, June and July.

Stay in town for a few days, fly home, come back. Lather. Rinse. Repeat.

Posted by: jazzbass ()
Date: September 12, 2018 23:15

bye bye johnny
Rokyfan
The idea that they might do a Vegas residency seems ludicrous on many levels, not the least of which is the idea of Keith and Charlie moving out there for a period.

Residency doesn't necessarily mean a stay in Vegas for an extended period. Aerosmith's recently announced "residency" has dates in April, June and July.

Stay in town for a few days, fly home, come back. Lather. Rinse. Repeat.

I could envision a series of shows in NY more so than Vegas.

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: September 12, 2018 23:42

You're not the only one...

bv
North America:
A complete new tour. Probaly next year. They will do it a la carte, and MSG multiple shows is on the wish list. A big city tour, it's up to the tour organizers to make an offer that fits into their plans, so patience and some time, if everything works out like expected, the North America visits in 2012, 2013, 2015 and 2016 may be repeated with another great tour in 2019.

Date: September 13, 2018 00:30

I will add Aerosmith having done it to the list of reasons why the Stones wont.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-09-13 00:31 by Rokyfan.

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: September 13, 2018 00:35

bye bye johnny
You're not the only one...

bv
North America:
A complete new tour. Probaly next year. They will do it a la carte, and MSG multiple shows is on the wish list. A big city tour, it's up to the tour organizers to make an offer that fits into their plans, so patience and some time, if everything works out like expected, the North America visits in 2012, 2013, 2015 and 2016 may be repeated with another great tour in 2019.

Thank you Bjornulf!

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: September 13, 2018 00:47

So a third US tour since the 2012 "reunion" with still nothing new to show for it ? Well it worked in Europe last year and this year, so why not I suppose...There are always going to be people out there who've never seen them and those who have will be tempted to "double down" in case it's the last time...

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: September 13, 2018 00:56

gotdablouse
So a third US tour since the 2012 "reunion" with still nothing new to show for it ? Well it worked in Europe last year and this year, so why not I suppose...There are always going to be people out there who've never seen them and those who have will be tempted to "double down" in case it's the last time...

Might be a new album before then gotdablouse, and if so expect maybe a few new tunes to be played from it throughout the mini-tour.
But with the setlist limited to only 19 tunes, and their desire to play oldies to please the nostalgia crowd, probably be lucky to get one new tune per show.
And that's a BIG if! If no new album, same old nostalgia, but either way count me in for one as it's a tradition...

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: September 13, 2018 01:02

Hairball
gotdablouse

Might be a new album before then gotdablouse, and if so expect maybe a few new tunes to be played from it throughout the mini-tour.
But with the setlist limited to only 19 tunes, and their desire to play oldies to please the nostalgia crowd, probably be lucky to get one new tune per show.
And that's a BIG if! If no new album, same old nostalgia, but either way count me in for one as it's a tradition...

Good! Come on California—
Hey Hairball
why’d you put an asterisk * beside Vegas like this
*Vegas Residential rumors
I use an * only to help break up the quote reply boxes
you?

Posted by: IanBillen ()
Date: September 13, 2018 03:33

Hairball
gotdablouse

Got-a-blouse ... The plan is a brand new studio album (of original material). Work is to resume this fall on it and finishing it off at some point before the tour.

Date: September 13, 2018 17:05

IanBillen
Hairball
gotdablouse

Got-a-blouse ... The plan is a brand new studio album (of original material). Work is to resume this fall on it and finishing it off at some point before the tour.

When you say the plan it seems like you know something. You could say that it's your hope that they will do that, or that various people have deduced that they will do that, but you are misleading people I think when you say that "the plan is". I know, the Stones always say they are working on a new album, or they are going to be working on a new album. And I am sure that they are hopeful of eventually doing a new album. But "plan" is too strong.

Hairball was correct in saying might. Much more accurate than "plan."

Date: September 13, 2018 17:30

35love
Hairball
gotdablouse

Good! Come on California—
Hey Hairball
why’d you put an asterisk * beside Vegas like this
*Vegas Residential rumors

I use an * only to help break up the quote reply boxes
you?

Maybe because there were no rumours - merely a wish, or a fear..

Posted by: bv ()
Date: September 13, 2018 19:11

The way I know The Rolling Stones they will never end up like a Vegas act. They tend to tour where people live, not places where most people have to travel far to see them.

Bjornulf

Posted by: Gaetzi ()
Date: September 13, 2018 19:28

bv
The way I know The Rolling Stones they will never end up like a Vegas act. They tend to tour where people live, not places where most people have to travel far to see them.

Amen

Date: September 13, 2018 21:26

Is there a time frame for the US tour next year?

May, June, July?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-09-13 21:55 by jumpontopofmebaby.

Posted by: MAF ()
Date: September 13, 2018 22:28

jumpontopofmebaby

May, June, July?
I guess: 2 months, about 14 shows, in summer, stadiums and fields (as big as po$$ible),

Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: September 13, 2018 23:27

bv

Good.....thumbs up

Date: September 13, 2018 23:47

MAF
jumpontopofmebaby

May, June, July?
I guess: 2 months, about 14 shows, in summer, stadiums and fields (as big as po$$ible),

Stadiums are fine. I do not like the feel of a baseball stadium. The big gap of empty space between the back of the field seating and the stadium seating just bothers me.

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: September 14, 2018 00:36

Man I hope they come to Vancouver one last time! Been 12 years now.

Posted by: Paddy ()
Date: September 14, 2018 01:48

DGA35

YESYESYESYESYESYESYESYES Please.

Posted by: atip ()
Date: September 14, 2018 01:51

bv

I hope not. When you start doing long-term residencies and playing corporate annual employee events and conferences (like Aerosmith), IMHO, you've given up the last vestige of being a relevant rock band. I realize The Stones became mainstream, long ago, but they still know how to create a lot of excitement on the road. I wouldn't want to see them become a 'Vegas lounge act' in their final years.

Of course, for the big fans (who can scrape up the money), traveling far and wide to see the band is a big part of the thrill.

Posted by: babyblue ()
Date: September 14, 2018 05:57

Paddy
DGA35

YESYESYESYESYESYESYESYES Please.[/quote)

Hope so...and Seattle. not or Seattle but and.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: September 14, 2018 06:58

jumpontopofmebaby
MAF
jumpontopofmebaby

May, June, July?

Stadiums are fine. I do not like the feel of a baseball stadium. The big gap of empty space between the back of the field seating and the stadium seating just bothers me.

The Stones have played baseball stadiums.

Date: September 14, 2018 06:59

jumpontopofmebaby

May, June, July?

Absolutely! Or... August and September. You know, summer.

Date: September 14, 2018 07:01

atip
bv

I hope not. When you start doing long-term residencies and playing corporate annual employee events and conferences (like Aerosmith), IMHO, you've given up the last vestige of being a relevant rock band. I realize The Stones became mainstream, long ago, but they still know how to create a lot of excitement on the road. I wouldn't want to see them become a 'Vegas lounge act' in their final years.

Of course, for the big fans (who can scrape up the money), traveling far and wide to see the band is a big part of the thrill.

Please explain the definition of "relevant" with a rock band.

Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: September 14, 2018 07:11

GasLightStreet
atip
bv

Please explain the definition of "relevant" with a rock band.

I would suggest relevancy as a rock band has to do with TOURING not GRAZING

Rod

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: September 14, 2018 09:22

atip
bv

They've been a Vegas act for quite some time. Have you ever gone to a Vegas show? It's all the hits, all the time. That finally wears thin.

Date: September 14, 2018 10:23

24FPS
atip
bv

They've been a Vegas act for quite some time. Have you ever gone to a Vegas show? It's all the hits, all the time - at a residency, performed at one location. That finally wears thin.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...89101112131415161718...LastNext
Current Page: 13 of 82

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 2046
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home