Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...23456789101112...LastNext
Current Page: 7 of 82
Re: The Rolling Stones tours from now on
Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: July 16, 2018 22:22

"See you soon"

That is the important Stones phrase right now.....

"See you soon"

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: July 16, 2018 22:55

mtaylor

"See you soon"

That is the important Stones phrase right now.....

Yep: "We’ll see you soon" - [Twitter.com] · [www.Facebook.com] · [www.Instagram.com]

Posted by The Rolling Stones on 8-Jul-2018

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: July 16, 2018 22:56

Gaetzi
Seeing the Stones in Buenos Aires was probably the craziest concert experience I'll ever have. Seeing the Stones in the States these days you're likely to have a 65 yr old doctor telling you to sit down because his wife can't see. In BA it was ~80k fanatical Stones fans, many of them much younger than you'd see here. The energy was insane. Band and fans aside, Buenos Aires is a fantastic city. Amazing restaurants and the best steak and meats I've ever had. A great culture, beautiful people, rocking night life, etc. Our whole trip there was amazing

Same here, and I agree with you 100% with what you wrote. In 2016 attended the La Plata concert (on the second night, which was my first and only Stones concert in Argentina so far), after attending a great pre-party the night before at 40x5 Tributo Bar, and on the next day this happened. It is definitely one of the best moments I've ever witnessed on a Rolling Stones concert.

Re: The Rolling Stones tours from now on - after No Filter 2018
Date: July 17, 2018 10:37

Looking at the figures from 2012-2018 - quite impressive:

Some 4,7 million audience and 735 million USD (figures from Wikipedia)

This excluding festivals, US 2016 mini-tour and a missing couple of shows from 2018.

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: July 17, 2018 15:31

Gaetzi
Seeing the Stones in Buenos Aires was probably the craziest concert experience I'll ever have. Seeing the Stones in the States these days you're likely to have a 65 yr old doctor telling you to sit down because his wife can't see. In BA it was ~80k fanatical Stones fans, many of them much younger than you'd see here. The energy was insane. Band and fans aside, Buenos Aires is a fantastic city. Amazing restaurants and the best steak and meats I've ever had. A great culture, beautiful people, rocking night life, etc. Our whole trip there was amazing

These days I need to sit down for part of the show (though I'd prefer not to) but I've promised myself never to ask other people to sit down. If I can't see, I can hear. I don't know if I could cope with an Argentinian level of craziness, but I agree that the band feeds off it and their performance goes up a level in response. I hope we get to see that again.

Posted by: buttons67 ()
Date: July 17, 2018 19:40

i remember years ago reading about the stones playing in warsaw in 1967. I thought whats the chances of me seeing them in warsaw, now i have and what a show, it would be a shame for them to wait till next year before another show when they have that intensity and emotion now.

would be great if they could even do a one off show somewhere maybe in 2 months, then somewhere else a month after that, and see how it pans out, no mass organising needed, or heavy commitment. i hope warsaw is not the last time and look forward to seeing them again wherever it may be.

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: July 17, 2018 20:28

buttons67
i remember years ago reading about the stones playing in warsaw in 1967. I thought whats the chances of me seeing them in warsaw, now i have and what a show, it would be a shame for them to wait till next year before another show when they have that intensity and emotion now.

would be great if they could even do a one off show somewhere maybe in 2 months, then somewhere else a month after that, and see how it pans out, no mass organising needed, or heavy commitment. i hope warsaw is not the last time and look forward to seeing them again wherever it may be.

The logistics and costs of that don't work out. They'd have to rehearse, book up all their backing band and have all the same organisation for a single show.

Health permitting, Warsaw won't be the last show.

Date: July 18, 2018 01:58

They will be in Troxy, London September 7.
Stones in Havana

Posted by: jenyk ()
Date: July 18, 2018 11:38

My wife was with me in Chorzow 98 and now in Prague 2018. She jokes her next Stones concert will be in 2038. I believe it ´s possible:-).

Posted by: StonedAsia ()
Date: July 18, 2018 13:33

jenyk
My wife was with me in Chorzow 98 and now in Prague 2018. She jokes her next Stones concert will be in 2038. I believe it ´s possible:-).

The No Wheelchair Tour 2038. Let's see, Charlie will be 97, Mick and Keith will be 95 and Ronnie, the whippersnapper, will be a spritely 91.

No chance of Bill showing up, he'd be 101.

Why not? See ya all in '38!

Posted by: RollingStonesFan ()
Date: July 18, 2018 14:21

StonedAsia
jenyk

The No Wheelchair Tour 2038. Let's see, Charlie will be 97, Mick and Keith will be 95 and Ronnie, the whippersnapper, will be a spritely 91.

After the big world-tour 2033-2037 with a bit more than 340 shows, they'll surely need some break until they go on the road again in 2039. I've heared they will do a club-tour then.

Posted by: babyblue ()
Date: July 21, 2018 08:37

I think it’s all over next year what with their ages and health issues yes they have em like us

Posted by: Lien ()
Date: July 22, 2018 00:30

Keith Richards wants the Stones to keep rolling on and on despite their combined age of 296.

The band played to 1.38 million fans on their mega No Filter tour and have already discussed more live shows.

Keith, 74, made it clear Wild Horses won’t drag him off stage, telling pals: “I want to do more”.

Jo Wood, 63 – ex-wife of Keith’s bandmate Ronnie Wood, 71 – is pals with Richards and his wife Patti Hansen, 62.

She explained: “I went to see Patti and Keith last weekend down at their home, Redlands. He is doing so well.

“Keith enjoyed their tour. You know what he is like? He’s a pirate, ain’t he? I love it. He wants to do more. You know what he is like.”[www.mirror.co.uk]

Posted by: Paddy ()
Date: July 27, 2018 02:18

I hope they don't announce anything until my bank account recovers from the recent run of gigs!

Posted by: diverseharmonics ()
Date: July 27, 2018 02:53

RollingStonesFan
StonedAsia
jenyk

After the big world-tour 2033-2037 with a bit more than 340 shows, they'll surely need some break until they go on the road again in 2039. I've heared they will do a club-tour then.
Maybe the new LP will be out by then..

Posted by: TKinOH ()
Date: July 27, 2018 05:03

Paddy
I hope they don't announce anything until my bank account recovers from the recent run of gigs!

My sentiments exactly...

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: July 27, 2018 06:16

TKinOH
Paddy

My sentiments exactly...

They're still counting all the money they made, and when they're finished with that they'll announce the new tour so they can make even more money.

Meanwhile, there's still plenty of No Filter merch available on their website this leather jacket for $650 > Leather jacket

Looking forward to the discounts to begin as I'm still slightly interested in the Arnhem litho > Arnhem litho

Date: July 27, 2018 23:14

The "see you soon" phrase might not mean they want to go back on stage, it might mean they plan to visit some of us in our homes.

hold on theres a knock on my door, must go.

Posted by: MononoM ()
Date: August 8, 2018 15:48

Paddy
just get another credit card smiling smiley

Life's just a cocktail party on the street

Posted by: diverseharmonics ()
Date: August 9, 2018 03:15

buttons67
The "see you soon" phrase might not mean they want to go back on stage, it might mean they plan to visit some of us in our homes.

hold on theres a knock on my door, must go.
Yes-don't hang too much hope on a throwaway phrase from Jagger....don't forget they have been talking about a new LP for quite a while and......

Posted by: mpj200 ()
Date: August 9, 2018 07:39

They have to keep touring or it’s over. Stopping to finish an album that has been a real struggle could be the end of touring. Albums don’t really sell like 50,000 seat stadiums either. I expect the US and possibly Japan next year. But that’s a guess at this point. At least there is discussion. We shall see.

Date: August 9, 2018 21:26

they wouldnt have to stop touring to finish an album though. its not as if they tour full time anyway. they have plenty time to do albums and have had for nearly 3 decades. they must have reasons for not finishing the album. I think they should stick to short tours the way they have done since 2012. 10 shows(twice) per year would be nice especially with recent form on the 2018 tour.

Posted by: Roscoe ()
Date: August 9, 2018 22:05

Here's hoping the U.S. shows are during the winter months so that they're indoor shows. Outdoor stadiums are inherently inferior. I don't need and am not impressed by spectacle. Of course, I'll still go to one if that's the only option, (I've been to every U.S. tour since '69) but only one.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: August 11, 2018 18:14

buttons67
they wouldnt have to stop touring to finish an album though. its not as if they tour full time anyway. they have plenty time to do albums and have had for nearly 3 decades. they must have reasons for not finishing the album. I think they should stick to short tours the way they have done since 2012. 10 shows(twice) per year would be nice especially with recent form on the 2018 tour.

Agree.
A nice way to finish up their epic career might be to record some albums after they give up touring for whatever reason.

New Rolling Stones albums could be made, with all of their focus on them, even if God forbid, we should lose one of them.

Posted by: pt99 ()
Date: August 11, 2018 18:53

Roscoe
Here's hoping the U.S. shows are during the winter months so that they're indoor shows. Outdoor stadiums are inherently inferior. I don't need and am not impressed by spectacle. Of course, I'll still go to one if that's the only option, (I've been to every U.S. tour since '69) but only one.

As I have informed all there will be indoor shows including multiple at M S Garden (Their home!)

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: August 11, 2018 19:14

Their home is London. Their US home is NYC.

plexi

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: August 12, 2018 14:55

potus43
Roscoe

As I have informed all there will be indoor shows including multiple at M S Garden (Their home!)

So how many is ‘multiple’? 2? It will not exceed 3 at an absolute stretch. They have fans all over the US and Canada. It’s not all about New York.

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: August 12, 2018 19:18

Forget Potus. He is full of blah blah nlah.
Jeroen

Posted by: Paddy ()
Date: August 13, 2018 20:42

Like the actual Potus.

Posted by: babyblue ()
Date: August 14, 2018 06:16

potus43
Roscoe

How many cities, is Canada included.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-08-14 06:18 by babyblue.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...23456789101112...LastNext
Current Page: 7 of 82

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 2003
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home