Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 6 of 82
Re: The Rolling Stones tours from now on
Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: July 15, 2018 05:09

timbernardis
GAFF
BluzDude
Buenos Aires - If the Stones play there, I will seriously consider making that trip smileys with beer
I plan on it. The fans are legendary and the shows absolute parties. I think every diehard fan should try to catch one down there.

That makes three of us, Allan and GAFF. I consider this a holy and sacred pilgrimage that I must make at least once before the Stones are done. Also Leteyer from this board, we swore a pact ten years ago that we would go to BA, missed 2016, will not miss again.

If I had to choose between BA and MSG, I think at this point I would choose the former as I have seen them twice at MSG already. One of the few remaining Stones show-goals I have not yet achieved. And I have made the acquaintance of some of the Argentinians, particularly Juan Ignacio Munoz, who has a Stones tribute bar in BA called Tributo Bar 40 x 5. He was at both legs of No Filter.

plexi

That would be great! Count me in! smileys with beer

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: July 15, 2018 05:25

The Sicilian
odean73
corriecas
BluzDude
Buenos Aires - If the Stones play there, I will seriously consider making that trip smileys with beer

I will be there too, .
Great
Jeroen

This is my dream to see them in Buenos Aires.

After the Cardiff concert my wife jokingly said the next one will be Argentina and will start saving now for it.

she is going to have a shock, now thats its being mentioned. lol

What exactly would make that a must see show? How many times can you endure the same setlist over and over again without being bored?

Look at any video of the Stones, AC/DC, Oasis or other major band performing there and that should answer the question. Argentinian fans are crazy, in a very good way, and I'd like to be part of that, just once,

Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: July 15, 2018 06:10

BluzDude
The Sicilian
odean73
corriecas
BluzDude

I will be there too, .
Great
Jeroen

After the Cardiff concert my wife jokingly said the next one will be Argentina and will start saving now for it.

What exactly would make that a must see show? How many times can you endure the same setlist over and over again without being bored?

Look at any video of the Stones, AC/DC, Oasis or other major band performing there and that should answer the question. Argentinian fans are crazy, in a very good way, and I'd like to be part of that, just once,

I think seeing a World Cup game has much more fan enthusiasm than any Stones show. Especially if it is a close match.

Posted by: caschimann ()
Date: July 15, 2018 07:47

The Sicilian
BluzDude
The Sicilian
odean73
corriecas
BluzDude

I will be there too, .
Great
Jeroen

I think seeing a World Cup game has much more fan enthusiasm than any Stones show. Especially if it is a close match.

one of your typical wonderful remarks. can't believe you wrote that.
but well...have you been to marseille? or any recent show? Jusr for
interest.

Posted by: caschimann ()
Date: July 15, 2018 08:00

jcstone47
Bjornulf...because of you, I've been to at least 3 shows a year since 2012, 6 years after I thought it was all over. Because of you, I always had advance notice to take care of some travel, including both Newark shows, both desert and both one Vegas show here on my home turf. Because if you, at 34 years of age, I got to see them at Hyde freaking PARK! Because of you, my passport is my greatest souvenir. Because of you, my dreams came true. (My husband says, because of you, we're broke. lol!) I am eternally grateful. Really and truly. Thank you so very much, for keeping someone like me, a complete nobody, in the inner circle.

Gosh that really moved me!
And:
YOU ARE NOT A COMPLETE NOBODY. NOBODY IS A NOBODY. AND YOU SOND LIKE
A GREAT SOMEBODY!

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: July 15, 2018 09:53

caschimann
The Sicilian
BluzDude
The Sicilian
odean73
corriecas
BluzDude

I will be there too, .
Great
Jeroen

one of your typical wonderful remarks. can't believe you wrote that.
but well...have you been to marseille? or any recent show? Jusr for
interest.

yes, have u, Sicilian? It's the fans that make this a must see show. Then, the band feeds off that energy and delivers a great performance. They are the craziest, most wild and intense Stones fans on the planet. And they travel all over to see the band. In Paris last October, there was a large contingent of them that kept doing the Oles and at all three Paris shows, Keith responded/acknowledged/mentioned them, usually in his remarks during his set. And they were in Dublin outside the second rehearsal with not one, but two large banners that they made. Did you see the Buenos Aires sequences on The Biggest Bang and Ole Ole Ole? Nuts!!

As Allan/Bluz Dude says, "Argentinian fans are crazy, in a very good way, and I'd like to be part of that, just once..." Spot on, love that -- like to be a part of that, just once. That's what I have been saying for years, almost those exact words. Have you been in my head, Allan?

plexi

Posted by: StonedAsia ()
Date: July 15, 2018 15:47

a bigger nut
Saw great Warsaw show and going back to Asia by tonight's flight.

bv
By the way, I have been in touch with so many Stones fans in Jakarta Indonesia, it must be more than hundred I talk to there, I think Jakarta was on the 2014 options list, if they ever go back to Asia, who knows, may be, may be.

14 On Fire asian leg was a very special experience for me.
I hope they do it again not only Tokyo.
Jakarta, and they have never visited Korean peninsula. Also philippine.

Macca already did his first show at Seoul olympic stadium successfully in 2015.

I am also hoping for Seoul as well. I'd like another small show like Singapore in '14 or Hong Kong in '03. KL and/or Jakarta would be cool...

Posted by: odean73 ()
Date: July 15, 2018 17:32

The Sicilian
odean73
corriecas
BluzDude

I will be there too, .
Great
Jeroen

As people have stated, what a buzz to be in that kind of crowd, for starters.

Went to see them 3 weekends in succession, and to be honest was just going to do two, the Mrs wanted to go to Edinburgh, so I would always go to see them, anyway I thought I would have enough after 3 shows, but it not for holidays booked, I would have gone to see them again.

They are that good, same songs of not.

I can go to a football match most weekends to be honest.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-07-15 17:33 by odean73.

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: July 15, 2018 18:09

The only song i am bored with is Miss you. Good time to have a piss n get a beer.
I dont care if the Stones play the same list in BA. I will be there !!!
Love the band.
Jeroen

Posted by: Quique-stone ()
Date: July 15, 2018 19:16

corriecas
The only song i am bored with is Miss you. Good time to have a piss n get a beer.
Love the band.
Jeroen

Well I agree this time with you Jeroen!
I think it's time to replace Miss You, but I guess they won't unfortunately.
Hoping to meet you here in BA someday!

Date: July 15, 2018 19:23

Everybody is very welcome to attend a Stones show in Buenos Aires!
It's like a "before and after" for any fan!

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: July 15, 2018 19:26

Quique-stone
corriecas
Love the band.
Jeroen

Yeah.lets have a beer when the Stones will play BA. I will be there.. a tiny guy from Holland.
Love to party with the Argentian fans.
One love
Jeroen

Date: July 15, 2018 19:34

corriecas
Quique-stone
corriecas
Love the band.
Jeroen

Yeah.lets have a beer when the Stones will play BA. I will be there.. a tiny guy from Holland.
Love to party with the Argentian fans.
One love
Jeroen

Fingers crossed here then!
smileys with beer

Date: July 15, 2018 22:32

odean73
The Sicilian
odean73
corriecas
BluzDude

I will be there too, .
Great
Jeroen

Went to see them 3 weekends in succession, and to be honest was just going to do two, the Mrs wanted to go to Edinburgh, so I would always go to see them, anyway I thought I would have enough after 3 shows, but it not for holidays booked, I would have gone to see them again.

My loyalties only go so far with bands. I have no desire to frolic with fans from Argentina just because they like to yell and sing along. Actually screaming sing-a-long fans can be quite annoying after a while. I would rather get wasted and hang out with friends or family enjoying the show. No need for embellished drama.

Posted by: odean73 ()
Date: July 15, 2018 23:14

The Sicilian
odean73
The Sicilian
odean73
corriecas
BluzDude

I will be there too, .
Great
Jeroen

My loyalties only go so far with bands. I have no desire to frolic with fans from Argentina just because they like to yell and sing along. Actually screaming sing-a-long fans can be quite annoying after a while. I would rather get wasted and hang out with friends or family enjoying the show. No need for embellished drama.

Fair enough, every one to there own.

Nice to see a constructive criticism.

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: July 15, 2018 23:55

...As Allan/Bluz Dude says, "Argentinian fans are crazy, in a very good way, and I'd like to be part of that, just once..." Spot on, love that -- like to be a part of that, just once. That's what I have been saying for years, almost those exact words. Have you been in my head, Allan?

Plexi ... you know what they say, great minds think alike!thumbs up

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: July 16, 2018 01:24

Buenos Aires definitely tops my Stones bucket list,moving up now that I've finally checked London off. Looks like an absolute blast and beautiful place to visit.

Not really debatable that the crowd (around you and in general) plays a huge part of the experience seeing the band live. Also often plays a big part for the performers as well, feeding off the energy and excitement.

Definitely would make the trip if/when they play again.

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: July 16, 2018 01:28

Posted by: 3DTeafoe ()
Date: July 16, 2018 03:00

smileys with beer

Cristiano Radtke
"Buenos Aires is different." cool smiley

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: July 16, 2018 04:54

3DTeafoe
smileys with beer

Cristiano Radtke
"Buenos Aires is different." cool smiley

These fans are rabid and deserve some more Stones shows! smiling smiley

That one guy crashing his motorcycle to the curb while the policeman casually looks on and keeps moving ahead with the motorcade. grinning smiley

Posted by: TE ()
Date: July 16, 2018 08:38

BluzDude
The Sicilian
odean73
corriecas
BluzDude

I will be there too, .
Great
Jeroen

Me too. But guess I will go for "seated" on the side. Too old for that crowd on the floor. LOL.
Is it normally easy to get tickets there. Thinking about language, ticket delivery etc.

Mmm, that dream...

TE
Oslo

Posted by: TE ()
Date: July 16, 2018 08:47

Had a good one in Dusseldorf last year with them.
Taking the tram, ended up wrong side of the stadium. We agreed to jump the fence for a short-cut. Guards not happy, but we ran faster than them, then into the pit.

TE
Oslo

Posted by: syrel ()
Date: July 16, 2018 08:57

The Sicilian

How many times can you endure the same setlist over and over again without being bored?

Only one way to find out. I ain't bored yet. As Keith once said, if you don't go over the top, how are you gonna know where the top is?

syrel

Posted by: bv ()
Date: July 16, 2018 11:32

The best thing about the Stones these days is the fact that they are NOT a sunset band. They play with fire and emotions like every show is their last show. They have focus, and they delived at their best. Just one more time, just give me one more time. A tour, a show, may be some more shows, that is all we wish for.

Bjornulf

Posted by: Leonioid ()
Date: July 16, 2018 12:28

Just one more time, just give me one more time. A tour, a show, may be some more shows, that is all we wish for.

I really really appreciate how much these guys have given us and how they still give... it is pure joy.

One more time!!!

Date: July 16, 2018 16:38

I'm not bored, too.

More changed set list is possible mainly in smaller areas and arenas. On big stadiums you must play Brown Sugar, Paint It Black and other warhorses. If they don't majority of the audience would not be as happy as they are now.

That said yes they could revive arena shows like during Licks tours and play "setlists with 5 warhorses only".

And just to notice they did Fool to Cry this year! So not everything was the same.

Posted by: StonedAsia ()
Date: July 16, 2018 17:03

As for BA, it's one place I'd love to see the Stones. The crowds there are absolutely bonkers! It'd be such a hoot to see. Just watching the Rio Plate crowds for the Stones and AC/DC videos leaves a chill up my spine.....or that could be the lack of alcohol, anyway....just saying smileys with beer

Date: July 16, 2018 18:59

Maybe an à la carte show. Vote on a setlist instead of a song. Now that would be something to introduce to music fans. Of course the Stones would stuff the setlist choices with 19 of the usual songs and then rig the vote.

Well now that the tours have played to most of the big venues maybe it's time for some smaller venues and let's see if they really can shuffle the setlist. I sincerely doubt they would. But if they return to the USA for a mini tour and do not change the setlist then the media should rip them to shreds, and rightfully so.

Posted by: 06230 ()
Date: July 16, 2018 19:01

caschimann
jcstone47
Bjornulf...because of you, I've been to at least 3 shows a year since 2012, 6 years after I thought it was all over. Because of you, I always had advance notice to take care of some travel, including both Newark shows, both desert and both one Vegas show here on my home turf. Because if you, at 34 years of age, I got to see them at Hyde freaking PARK! Because of you, my passport is my greatest souvenir. Because of you, my dreams came true. (My husband says, because of you, we're broke. lol!) I am eternally grateful. Really and truly. Thank you so very much, for keeping someone like me, a complete nobody, in the inner circle.

Gosh that really moved me!
And:
YOU ARE NOT A COMPLETE NOBODY. NOBODY IS A NOBODY. AND YOU SOND LIKE
A GREAT SOMEBODY!

wow, those have got to be the koolest and most beautiful two post of the year so far....

Posted by: Gaetzi ()
Date: July 16, 2018 21:14

Seeing the Stones in Buenos Aires was probably the craziest concert experience I'll ever have. Seeing the Stones in the States these days you're likely to have a 65 yr old doctor telling you to sit down because his wife can't see. In BA it was ~80k fanatical Stones fans, many of them much younger than you'd see here. The energy was insane. Band and fans aside, Buenos Aires is a fantastic city. Amazing restaurants and the best steak and meats I've ever had. A great culture, beautiful people, rocking night life, etc. Our whole trip there was amazing

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 6 of 82

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1296
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home