Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 4 of 82
Re: The Rolling Stones tours from now on
Posted by: mitchrambler ()
Date: July 11, 2018 01:52

I gotta disagree there,I believe they do very much so enjoy the crowds energy and seeing different faces and cultures,they really don't need the money and I don't believe they are making the big bucks like they were on bigger bang licks BTB etc..at their age they love what they can give the fans..but yes hopefully a midwest stop in the USA next year.

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: July 11, 2018 01:58

bv
There are rumours and comments about possible shows all the time, every year, every week, especially about Europe and USA. These are usually just wishfull thinking, made by fans who dream about seing the Stones. Nothing wrong with that, but you can't plan travel and book hotels based on that.

I have specific info about citices and the way they will organize, and how promoters have presented these plans, which means only the signatures and time allocation is missing. That is whay I call it a la carte, they have these options now and North America is most probably next, they can probably not tour Tokyo, NYC, BA in one tour, due to distances and time zones.

Wow. Thank you.

Posted by: mitchrambler ()
Date: July 11, 2018 02:05

Yea and Columbus right after San Diego I believe we got LSTN and bitch and a minute of hang on sloopy but solid rambler for sure.

Posted by: snoopy2 ()
Date: July 11, 2018 02:59

Thank you BV! I certainly wish (as many of us do) I'd been able to have the Stones touring experiences you have had.. Until 2015 I'd only seen them once (81), and I was forever grateful for that! But then again, if we all had your touring experiences it would be boring and there would be not much to talk about smiling smiley

And your Keith pic is one of my favorite ever

Posted by: TKinOH ()
Date: July 11, 2018 03:45

BV, as always, Thank You for all the efforts you give on our behalf, the fans here on IORR who know to listen closely when words of wisdom are offered!

This band has always been something special, and in 2018 and beyond, they still are...

I look forward to whatever comes next for The Stones, and a return to the US would be great and much more practical for me. But, after such an incredible trip in early June returning to the UK almost 23 years after my first visit, I would have to seriously consider making another overseas journey! Travelling for The Stones is like a fellowship, you know there are kindred spirits along with you!

Until then, everyone enjoy themselves!

Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: July 11, 2018 10:06

bv
I have specific info about citices and ...

Well it looks like my plans to visit the US next year may dovetail nicely!!! BV, do you ALSO have ANY specific news re the new album? You know, their 2017/18/19 record of new material? I'd like some new stuff played, not JUST a repeat of 14 on Fire shows I caught in Australia a few years back!!

Tks
Rod

Rod

Posted by: babyblue ()
Date: July 11, 2018 13:43

I would like to see a stop in Vegas, Vancouver, BC and Seattle next year.The last two cities will sell out fast.I plan to see them at least twice, most likely my last time.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-07-11 13:45 by babyblue.

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: July 11, 2018 13:48

Hope the Stones will play Rio, instead of Sao Paolo. I love Rio.
2020 might be a visit to Brazil again for me, and adding Argentina. Hope they will have LD.
Jeroen

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-07-11 13:49 by corriecas.

Date: July 11, 2018 15:48

MisterDDDD
GAFF
They can mix it up a lot more for the next tour. Hell, in San Diego 2015 we got ADTL, Moonlight Mile, SFM, Slipping Away, CYHMK, Bitch, and BTMMR, and of course all the usual war horses. That was one of the best sets I've seen in years.
That was a fantastic tour opener!!
Would love to see them mix it up like that for the next time around.

Those are all the usual standard songs that they have played since 1994. CYHMK since 2002.

Except for "Moonlight Mile" , nothing else rare.

All good songs,but only 1 can be considered a rare "mixing it up" song.

Maybe 2 but,that would be stretching it.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: July 11, 2018 16:02

Winning Ugly VXII
MisterDDDD
GAFF
They can mix it up a lot more for the next tour. Hell, in San Diego 2015 we got ADTL, Moonlight Mile, SFM, Slipping Away, CYHMK, Bitch, and BTMMR, and of course all the usual war horses. That was one of the best sets I've seen in years.

Those are all the usual standard songs that they have played since 1994. CYHMK since 2002.

Who said "rare" ?

Posted by: GAFF ()
Date: July 11, 2018 18:34

MisterDDDD
Winning Ugly VXII
MisterDDDD
GAFF

Who said "rare" ?

Exactly. I never called them rare songs, only meant they provided a hell of a lot more variety than we got on this tour. On Zip Code they even pulled out You Gotta Move and Some Girls.

Date: July 11, 2018 18:50

Better than this 2018 tour. Sure. 2018 we got "Fool to Cry" x2 and "Neighbours" once and one blues cover per show (except for opening night when there were 2). "The Worst" x3.

What else?? Rehearsals recordings??

If you go back even further than 2015,there used to be more than 1 or 2 songs like these per night.

Europe always seems to get a shorter set list and more "Like a Rolling Stone" performances. Just look at Europe 2003. They were down to 19 songs at that point. But,then they raised it back up again after 2003.

Posted by: JN99 ()
Date: July 11, 2018 19:09

timbernardis
your wife is very understanding. my wife, not always, usually when she cannot accompany me. So u r 54 and have seen 54 shows? Same number as me. Paris 2 was number 50 for me. I felt fulfilled and yes, satisfied. Not to mention the fact that it was their best show i have ever seen.

I really didnt need to go to the 2018 leg, but unexpected opportunity came up at the right time at basically the last minute. I had to renew the mortgage and the property was worth enough to throw extra money into the loan, so I did. Mortgaged my home and property to tour with the Stones did I.

plexi

So there are a few of us in this very same boat! I'm 52 and just got to shows 50,51, and 52 (or 51, 52, 53 - at this point I've kind of lost track...). First was in '81 then a loooong 8 year wait for #2, opening night of Steel Wheels.

It's been a blast, the Stones and these shows have provided the soundtrack to my adult life and many markers and fond memories too. Luckily my wife, #2, is now a big fan as well and so she is all in and enjoys this almost as much as I do at this point. And she's from England so we combined the last trip with family visits, which was nice. We made it to Edinburgh, Cardiff, and Twickenham, which I thought would be enough for me but I was wrong. I really wanted to see more. To have been able to catch all the UK shows would have been great.

So now I wait patiently and hope for more but have to admit after Lucca last year and the UK this year shows in the US just won't be quite the same.

Posted by: caschimann ()
Date: July 11, 2018 19:21

bv
I am writing this on my flight back home to Norway, an early flight leaving Warsaw at 9:20am, after just four hours sleep tonight, with limited access to Internet, so if my memory is wrong please bare with me and let me know. I will probably make these notes in some sort of editorial pages, but for now, a thread on the talks forum here is the easiest way for me to do this.

When The Rolling Stones announced their touring plans on Oct 15, 2012 I think they mentioned something like four shows, two in UK and two in the US. Then they added Brooklyn. Since then we have got more than one hundred shows every year since - 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018 - not a single year without another tour, and a number of shows. They have toured the world. Except for Africa, and India, every major corner of this planet has been covered. They even did Cuba, which has been on my wish list since I first visited Cuba in 2000. For me, it is like a dream come through, to see The Rolling Stones live forever.

I did really start this thread because I wanted to pass on some touring rumours, but as I am on my way home, from such a great tour, I am getting emotional of course, so I have to dig into the past, to better explain and understand the future.

If you take a look at the picture below then you understand why the rumours of more shows and more touring makes sense. They just love what they do. Keith is so happy. Mick is close to Keith, every show, and I can see they enjoy performing in front of new crowds every night they are on in some city, which they have been more than one hundred times now, since 2012, probably 110 or more, one day I will count the exact number of shows since Nov 2012, then it will be accurate...

There are now three major rumous about shows for the time to come. Some say later this year, but I would guess next year. Many sources I talk to across the world have this inside info, this is not something I make up just because I wish for more shows...

North America:
A complete new tour. Probaly next year. They will do it a la carte, and MSG multiple shows is on the wish list. A big city tour, it's up to the tour organizers to make an offer that fits into their plans, so patience and some time, if everything works out like expected, the North America visits in 2012, 2013, 2015 and 2016 may be repeated with another great tour in 2019.

Buenos Aires Argentina:
The offer is on the table. I just wish they can make it. Not just 2-3 shows, but a real residency, with a side trip to Sao Paulo to please the Brazil fans.

Tokyo Japan:
The offer has been on the table ever since they visited Japan in 2014. Three shows is not enough, may be another residency, multiple shows.

The Rolling Stones have the great privilege of being able to pick and choose. The world want the Stones, and they may pick where to go, not just for commercial reasons, but also for the fun of it, for the pure joy, and to please us, the fans. I think their touring plans makes sense. We just have to wait for them to discuss the offers, and to decide, and to give us a little bit of touring at the time, and of course, most important of all, that everyone, including you and me, stay healthy so that we can enjoy Stoneslife wherever they go in Stonesland!

I am just reading this now.
And just coming down from the tour I have to say many thanks BV, because these
words and the soul-intentions they are comming from are just the cure I need right now.
Cause: Normally I feel left allone by the band after Tour-closing, unsure how, and when and if and so on and may if not - we all know the ever hungry fan-heart.
This is good food here.
And, important: Even without the good facts - I gernerally like your idea of sharing the first Off-Tour-Moment together here.
With these facts of course its like sharing a big cake.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: July 11, 2018 20:47

JN99
timbernardis
your wife is very understanding. my wife, not always, usually when she cannot accompany me. So u r 54 and have seen 54 shows? Same number as me. Paris 2 was number 50 for me. I felt fulfilled and yes, satisfied. Not to mention the fact that it was their best show i have ever seen.

I really didnt need to go to the 2018 leg, but unexpected opportunity came up at the right time at basically the last minute. I had to renew the mortgage and the property was worth enough to throw extra money into the loan, so I did. Mortgaged my home and property to tour with the Stones did I.

plexi

So there are a few of us in this very same boat! I'm 52 and just got to shows 50,51, and 52 (or 51, 52, 53 - at this point I've kind of lost track...). First was in '81 then a loooong 8 year wait for #2, opening night of Steel Wheels.

It's been a blast, the Stones and these shows have provided the soundtrack to my adult life and many markers and fond memories too. Luckily my wife, #2, is now a big fan as well and so she is all in and enjoys this almost as much as I do at this point. And she's from England so we combined the last trip with family visits, which was nice. We made it to Edinburgh, Cardiff, and Twickenham, which I thought would be enough for me but I was wrong. I really wanted to see more. To have been able to catch all the UK shows would have been great.

So now I wait patiently and hope for more but have to admit after Lucca last year and the UK this year shows in the US just won't be quite the same.

You're right - they'll be better! winking smiley

Like you, my first show(s) were in 1981 - both at the L.A. Coliseum, and then had to endure a long wait to see them again during the Steel Wheels tour also at the L.A. Coliseum (w/Guns and Roses opening). And like you, my wife is also from England, and while she likes the Stones, her fandom is nowhere as extreme as most who post on this site. Tried to make it happen this summer to visit family and friends back in England and Scotland (and the Netherlands) and catch a Stones show along the way, but it wasn't in the cards. Looks like we'll be heading back sooner than later as it's been a few years, but will do my best to plan around the Stones returning to the US. Truth be told, if I had to make a choice I'd rather go back to Europe (a no brainer really), but if possible will be able to make them both work. thumbs up

From one "seen the Stones on average once a year for every year of my life" fan to another - cheers. smileys with beer

Posted by: dgodkin ()
Date: July 12, 2018 00:07

saw the stones for the first time in 1981,houston astrodome,who would have thought some 38 yrs. later, I might have one more chance to see em again, will never be another rolling stones

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: July 12, 2018 00:30

Buenos Aires - If the Stones play there, I will seriously consider making that trip smileys with beer

Posted by: GAFF ()
Date: July 12, 2018 01:15

BluzDude
Buenos Aires - If the Stones play there, I will seriously consider making that trip smileys with beer
I plan on it. The fans are legendary and the shows absolute parties. I think every diehard fan should try to catch one down there.

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: July 12, 2018 09:51

GAFF
BluzDude
I plan on it. The fans are legendary and the shows absolute parties. I think every diehard fan should try to catch one down there.

That makes three of us, Allan and GAFF. I consider this a holy and sacred pilgrimage that I must make at least once before the Stones are done. Also Leteyer from this board, we swore a pact ten years ago that we would go to BA, missed 2016, will not miss again.

If I had to choose between BA and MSG, I think at this point I would choose the former as I have seen them twice at MSG already. One of the few remaining Stones show-goals I have not yet achieved. And I have made the acquaintance of some of the Argentinians, particularly Juan Ignacio Munoz, who has a Stones tribute bar in BA called Tributo Bar 40 x 5. He was at both legs of No Filter.

plexi

Date: July 12, 2018 10:30

BluzDude

I will be there too, .
Great
Jeroen

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-07-12 15:36 by corriecas.

Posted by: 1962 ()
Date: July 12, 2018 14:49

56 years ago

[www.google.hu]

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: July 12, 2018 16:45

56 years ago

Happy Anniversary smileys with beer

First ever gig of the Rollin' Stones on 12th July 1962 (Thursday night) at the Marquee Club in London’s 165 Oxford Street.

[www.uDiscoverMusic.com]

Date: July 12, 2018 16:52

Great anniversary Stones. Keep on rocking for many years to come Please.
Jeroen

Posted by: sarahunwin ()
Date: July 12, 2018 18:54

Can't wait for next year - see you all on the West Coast for sure smiling smiley

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: July 12, 2018 19:10

Irix

56 years ago

Happy Anniversary smileys with beer

First ever gig of the Rollin' Stones on 12th July 1962 (Thursday night) at the Marquee Club in London’s 165 Oxford Street.

[www.uDiscoverMusic.com]

Realize there are lots of sixties vs current versions of songs to compare out there, but would love to hear their initial gig version of Ride 'em on Down compared to today's.. cool smiley

Posted by: The Worst. ()
Date: July 13, 2018 00:27

At least we know they've changed the key from A to B!
But anyway, I guess it sounded quite similar to Eddie Taylor's 1955 version.

Date: July 13, 2018 02:43

Really hoping for a North American tour next year. I have yet to see them live and i'd really love to catch at least one show!

Posted by: diverseharmonics ()
Date: July 13, 2018 05:21

dgodkin
saw the stones for the first time in 1981,houston astrodome,who would have thought some 38 yrs. later, I might have one more chance to see em again, will never be another rolling stones
saw them there in 1994....no recording has ever surfaced....same with Indianapolis.....strange

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: July 13, 2018 06:25

sarahunwin
Can't wait for next year - see you all on the West Coast for sure smiling smiley

how about Buenos Aires?

plexi

Posted by: IanBillen ()
Date: July 13, 2018 07:00

What does 'ala carte' mean in terms of a tour? I don't understand how you mean?

Meaning simply different prices for different venues?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-07-13 07:01 by IanBillen.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 4 of 82

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1859
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home