Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 3 of 82
Re: The Rolling Stones tours from now on
Posted by: straycatuk ()
Date: July 10, 2018 16:08

I think BV is spot on about their touring schedule since 2012. We've had the opportunity to see them every year . If they had gone on another 100 plus date mega tour in 2013, I think it would be over now. I like the short bursts of activity. I'm sure we would all like more notice to plan but it's understandable that we don't get it due to the band's age, health, insurance etc. LONG MAY THEY CONTINUE !

sc uk

Date: July 10, 2018 16:22

Sighunt
Bashlets
I hope we have some new material if they return to USA. 16 war horses and 3?new songs. I thinking asking for 3 songs is not pushing it. Love the stones but the set list has to change a bit.

I would be happy if the Stones toured the US next year, but as a paying customer, they would have to mix up the set lists and/or release new material for me to want to travel to see them. I caught them in the US in 2013 and 2015 (I will admit that the band did play the warhorses really well in Buffalo) but with exceptions it was the same shtick! When you are down to a 19 song set-list that is top heavy with tried and true warhorses, there is no room for experimentation or variation.

For me to go,they would have to re-work the set list.

I am not interested in attending a concert with a Prague style set list such as the one performed last week.

3 new songs would be great but,I would even settle for some different old songs. They don't even have to be some crazy rarities. There are plenty on hits compilations which they rarely perform. I'm not going just to hear one song different from what I've heard in the past recent tours.

Posted by: georgelicks ()
Date: July 10, 2018 17:03

They will not change the setlist, actually it will get more warhorse loaded with each new tour just like the last one, they are playing safe, with only 19 songs you can't do many changes, they even play the same 2 blues tunes over and over again.

The Stones are playing for tourists now and die hards who still care, anyone not interested can stay home and listen to bootlegs from the 70s.

Posted by: StonedInTokyo ()
Date: July 10, 2018 17:14

Massimo68
Let's start with South Korea.
This country is a mystery, none of big bands have played in Seoul or elsewhere.

Did they hate r'n'r or are they only formatted for pop or K-pop ?

Having been to South Korea many times, I state with complete confidence they love rock 'n roll and would definitely embrace The Rolling Stones. However, the real issue seems to be South Korea is just not a big enough market for them to be overly concerned with.

There is also the lack of a suitable venue that would make a tour stop profitable. SOME big name acts have performed in Seoul, and those shows have sold out, but the capacity of those venues is nowhere near what Stones would expect.

Date: July 10, 2018 17:28

georgelicks
They will not change the setlist, actually it will get more warhorse loaded with each new tour just like the last one, they are playing safe, with only 19 songs you can't do many changes, they even play the same 2 blues tunes over and over again.

The Stones are playing for tourists now and die hards who still care, anyone not interested can stay home and listen to bootlegs from the 70s.

I would be interested to know why they insist on performing the same 2 blues covers. Except for a third blues cover performed in 2017 at only 2 shows.

It would seem that almost any song from 'Blue and Lonesome' would be interchangeable with almost any other.

I seriously don't think that any casual tourist would be upset if "Just Your Fool" had been swapped for any of the 9 others songs from "Blue and Lonesome".

This seems to support the "coasting" theory.

And why bootlegs from the '70's ?? The most variation started to happen in '94 up until some point in 2003. Then some more variation on the Bigger Bang Tour but,it took a long time over the course of that long tour to get some real variation.

Posted by: Sighunt ()
Date: July 10, 2018 17:49

georgelicks

...couldn't agree with you more.

Posted by: Gaetzi ()
Date: July 10, 2018 18:13

Re- setlists: The lack of variety has kept me from catching multiple shows per tour since 2012 but it hasn't stopped me from flying to NJ, Boston, San Diego, Buenos Aires, Las Vegas (the show that didn't go on) and London to see the Rolling Stones. in the year 2018, any chance to see the Stones is really a blessing.

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: July 10, 2018 18:57

MisterDDDD
"North America:
A complete new tour. Probaly next year. They will do it a la carte, and MSG multiple shows is on the wish list. A big city tour, it's up to the tour organizers to make an offer that fits into their plans, so patience and some time, if everything works out like expected, the North America visits in 2012, 2013, 2015 and 2016 may be repeated with another great tour in 2019." - BV

Love the idea of multiple shows in select cities.
Wish list for me would include NYC, SF, LA, Denver, Seattle/Vancouver.

We are all so fortunate to still have this band to follow, any city would be great!

agree with yer wish list MisterDDDD, especially NYC, SF, Denver and maybe Vancouver for me. I know u said Seattle as u r from that region, if i remember correctly.

But the ultimate would be Buenos Aires.

plexi

Date: July 10, 2018 19:10

zgredzik
Please, don't get me wrong smiling smiley I do not want to be all-know guy, but only hope that boys will be in good health long as they can. And if it would mean that they have to stop play, which I hope won't ever happen - it would be good to me, only to keep them in good shape and live 100+ years smiling smiley

Now u r looking to run and hide after BV admonished u.

plexi

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: July 10, 2018 19:31

Even though I don't have the same urgency to see the Stones again as I might have in the past, whenever solid rumours start happening regarding a return to the US, the heart starts pumping and can't help to get a bit excited. In fact at this moment I might even expand my traveling parameter to see them again at least once. If they don't play near the west coast (which would be very odd), I'll travel as far as Kansas City...maybe.

Maybe bv can drop a hint of the cities he's heard mentioned? Anywhere in the western half of the US? smiling smiley

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: July 10, 2018 19:53

What A Drag it is............all I can think of is why didn't they do all this touring when they were really good in the 70s, or even when they were great in the 80s, and still had Bill? The magnificent posters for every gig, all is fine nowadays, but the band is a shadow of itself. All I want is more recordings/videos from that '73 tour. They were on fire.

Posted by: mpj200 ()
Date: July 10, 2018 19:58

A tour of the State’s for next year looks good. A few in Japan as well are possible.

Date: July 10, 2018 20:02

mpj200
A tour of the State’s for next year looks good. A few in Japan as well are possible.

As always, thanks mpj200. thumbs up

Mentioned the Stones rumours to my wife, and she reminded me that there is an urgency to go back to Europe to see family and friends as it's been a couple years now - her dad in Chester thinks we're ignoring him ha, while my friends in Guildford where I lived think I've disappeared completely. Would be kind of ironic if we're in Europe while the Stones come back to the States, but sometimes the stars and planets don't align, and family comes first. Fingers crossed I can make them both happen, but that's putting the cart before the horse ...will try to wait and see if these Stones rumours become a reality before planning any European itinerary.

PS - any inside hints about the new album?

Posted by: Leonioid ()
Date: July 10, 2018 20:10

Cant wait for the tour announcement... it is going to be GREAT!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-07-10 20:40 by Leonioid.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: July 10, 2018 20:24

Based on demand (last time through they hit both cities in 2006) and the size of the markets, I think it's a real safe bet for the Vancouver/Seattle area.

My bet is if they do multiple shows in just a few cities, Vancouver would make the cut, which Would be fine by me, as I live closer to Vancouver. Also, pains me to admit, but Seattle has never been a great stones town.

Posted by: akissaway ()
Date: July 10, 2018 20:49

I am grateful for this and other recent Stones tours because they are playing so well and Mick's moves and unstoppable energy are a great show. I thank the band for all my trips to the UK and Europe, and look forward to visting big US cities on a Stones tour again. Thank you, Bjornulf, for all your hard work keeping us informed during the NoFilter tour. See you all on the next tour!

Posted by: Paddy ()
Date: July 10, 2018 20:58

MisterDDDD
Based on demand (last time through they hit both cities in 2006) and the size of the markets, I think it's a real safe bet for the Vancouver/Seattle area.

My bet is if they do multiple shows in just a few cities, Vancouver would make the cut, which Would be fine by me, as I live closer to Vancouver. Also, pains me to admit, but Seattle has never been a great stones town.

If they do multiple shows in Vancouver i will have a romance explosion in my pants. spinning smiley sticking its tongue outsmiling bouncing smiley

Posted by: GAFF ()
Date: July 10, 2018 21:02

They can mix it up a lot more for the next tour. Hell, in San Diego 2015 we got ADTL, Moonlight Mile, SFM, Slipping Away, CYHMK, Bitch, and BTMMR, and of course all the usual war horses. That was one of the best sets I've seen in years.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: July 10, 2018 21:06

GAFF
They can mix it up a lot more for the next tour. Hell, in San Diego 2015 we got ADTL, Moonlight Mile, SFM, Slipping Away, CYHMK, Bitch, and BTMMR, and of course all the usual war horses. That was one of the best sets I've seen in years.
That was a fantastic tour opener!!
Would love to see them mix it up like that for the next time around.

Date: July 10, 2018 21:11

MisterDDDD
GAFF

It's a mystery to me why they played it so safe this time around when just three years ago they showed so much more confidence.

Posted by: Kurt ()
Date: July 10, 2018 21:12

If the USA shows are being scheduled indoors...
Detroit has a BEAUTIFUL new arena.

Just saying...

Date: July 10, 2018 21:22

around
GAFF
MisterDDDD
GAFF

It's a mystery to me why they played it so safe this time around when just three years ago they showed so much more confidence.

Yes the setlist was substantially better than the recent setlists, though the show and performance itself was a bit "off" considering it was the opener. Anyhow, had a great time pre-show with you and Steve (and everyone else), and managed to manuever from my row 30 up to around row 15 (?) where Steve was at, and eventually up to the front for the encore. I remember it was a madhouse on the field with aisles clogged up, and filled to the brim all the way up to the furthest nosebleeds. That was last stadium show I saw (though probably not the last), and along with the Desert Trips shows, very fond memories.

See you next year in San Diego Gaff...and/or Anaheim...and/or L.A....and/or even Vegas. smileys with beer

EDIT: And a mighty fine designed litho and t-shirt for San Diego: thumbs up

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2018-07-10 21:30 by Hairball.

Date: July 10, 2018 22:21

Hairball
Even though I don't have the same urgency to see the Stones again as I might have in the past, whenever solid rumours start happening regarding a return to the US, the heart starts pumping and can't help to get a bit excited. In fact at this moment I might even expand my traveling parameter to see them again at least once. If they don't play near the west coast (which would be very odd), I'll travel as far as Kansas City...maybe.

Maybe bv can drop a hint of the cities he's heard mentioned? Anywhere in the western half of the US? smiling smiley

now that's more like it hairicball. Maybe u still have some life in u.

plexi

Date: July 10, 2018 22:26

Hairball
mpj200

As always, thanks mpj200. thumbs up

Mentioned the Stones rumours to my wife, and she reminded me that there is an urgency to go back to Europe to see family and friends as it's been a couple years now - her dad in Chester thinks we're ignoring him ha, while my friends in Guildford where I lived think I've disappeared completely. Would be kind of ironic if we're in Europe while the Stones come back to the States, but sometimes the stars and planets don't align, and family comes first. Fingers crossed I can make them both happen, but that's putting the cart before the horse ...will try to wait and see if these Stones rumours become a reality before planning any European itinerary.

PS - any inside hints about the new album?

now youre sounding old again. Oh wait a minute, u said u would check the stones tour possibility first before planning any euro itinerary. thats more encouraging, but i think the jury is still out on u!

plexi

Date: July 10, 2018 22:33

Cheers Tim thumbs up - hope to see you again somewhere down the road...as long as it's somewhere in the western half of the United States. winking smiley

Date: July 10, 2018 22:34

i should note that i did not attend either my nephew's nor my niece's weddings last year to save money to go to Paris in the fall. And those were the first weddings of the children of my siblings, ever. I was absolutely driven to get to show number 50.

I visited my brother recently and mentioned that the Stones took precedence and he responded that I had been very clear about that, that I admitted it, etc. This was said in front of the niece who had gotten married last year.

plexi

Date: July 10, 2018 22:39

Hairball
Cheers Tim thumbs up - hope to see you again somewhere down the road...as long as it's somewhere in the western half of the United States. winking smiley

I think that's a very strong possibility. Maybe we can have an iORR gathering this time with more than five people!

plexi

Date: July 10, 2018 22:48

timbernardis
i should note that i did not attend either my nephew's nor my niece's weddings last year to save money to go to Paris in the fall. And those were the first weddings of the children of my siblings, ever. I was absolutely driven to get to show number 50.

I visited my brother recently and mentioned that the Stones took precedence and he responded that I had been very clear about that, that I admitted it, etc. This was said in front of the niece who had gotten married last year.

plexi

Well once you reach 50 shows which is a milestone, priorities and perhaps some of the urgency can change. As for myself, currently at 54 and counting (?)...plenty of memories to last several lifetimes. That said, being 54 yrs old soon to turn 55 next week, need to keep seeing the Stones to keep the average of seeing them once for every year of my life up to date. But to keep things peaceful around here at the homestead, I tend to listen to my wife more than I probably should ha, after all she's the boss! That said, she let me escape to see Neil Young up in Fresno and Bakersfield a couple months ago for a solo mini road trip, as well as the Santa Barbara shows just up the coast last month...as long as I was home before midnight. winking smiley

timbernardis
Hairball

I think that's a very strong possibility. Maybe we can have an iORR gathering this time with more than five people!

plexi

Being it was Desert Trip and not just a Stones show, I thought five of us was a reasonable turnout - diehards in the desert! smileys with beer

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-07-10 22:50 by Hairball.

Date: July 10, 2018 23:11

your wife is very understanding. my wife, not always, usually when she cannot accompany me. So u r 54 and have seen 54 shows? Same number as me. Paris 2 was number 50 for me. I felt fulfilled and yes, satisfied. Not to mention the fact that it was their best show i have ever seen.

I really didnt need to go to the 2018 leg, but unexpected opportunity came up at the right time at basically the last minute. I had to renew the mortgage and the property was worth enough to throw extra money into the loan, so I did. Mortgaged my home and property to tour with the Stones did I.

plexi

Date: July 11, 2018 01:07

Hairball
around
GAFF
MisterDDDD
GAFF

Yes the setlist was substantially better than the recent setlists, though the show and performance itself was a bit "off" considering it was the opener. Anyhow, had a great time pre-show with you and Steve (and everyone else), and managed to manuever from my row 30 up to around row 15 (?) where Steve was at, and eventually up to the front for the encore. I remember it was a madhouse on the field with aisles clogged up, and filled to the brim all the way up to the furthest nosebleeds. That was last stadium show I saw (though probably not the last), and along with the Desert Trips shows, very fond memories.

See you next year in San Diego Gaff...and/or Anaheim...and/or L.A....and/or even Vegas. smileys with beer

EDIT: And a mighty fine designed litho and t-shirt for San Diego: thumbs up

I'll see every show they do out here on the left coast, plus Vegas and MSG if they happen. See you on the road!

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 3 of 82

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1307
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home