Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 2 of 82
Re: The Rolling Stones tours from now on
Posted by: Gaetzi ()
Date: July 9, 2018 18:35

Wonderful news, thanks bv! Where ever the next shows are, I'll be there.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: July 9, 2018 19:15

powerage78
2019 will be better than 2018 !!!

Of course it will! winking smiley

And this post from bv should silence the naysyers and doubters once and for all regarding the Stones' intentions for the future.
It's been hinted at by several in the know for months (and as far back as last year), but to hear it directly from bv it might as well be etched in stone!
As the long as the world keeps turning, the Rolling Stones will keep rolling...or vice versa....or something like that.

Fingers crossed, and everybody stay healthy and happy!

Wishlist:

Los Angeles, San Diego, San Francisco, and Las Vegas - I'll be sure to be at least one of them.

PS - Thanks bv for all the great pics, reports, and providing this forum for fans around the world - It's Only Rock'N'Roll, but we like it, like it, yes we do. thumbs up

PSS - Maybe a theater or club show also in the future somewhere - something that has been missed during the No Filter Tour.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-07-09 19:35 by Hairball.

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: July 9, 2018 19:24

Sounds very encouraging. Maybe they meant "see you soon" on the video screen at the end of each concert.

Posted by: pt99 ()
Date: July 9, 2018 19:44

35love
potus43
I've been telling you all about this for months

This made me laugh, thank you.

Thanks. Truth matters

Posted by: Paddy ()
Date: July 9, 2018 21:22

Thanks BV. Hopefully Seattle / Vancouver are on the hitlist. Time to start saving to fund the next round smiling smiley

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: July 9, 2018 22:20

Posted by: rebelrebel ()
Date: July 9, 2018 22:50

What an incredible tour this has been and surely it all centres around Mick and Keith very obviously getting on so well together. Not only is it a joy to see but the good vibes bring out the best in everybody. Keith is not the only one improved on this tour - Charlie has been better, Mick more energetic, it's been fantastic.

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: July 9, 2018 22:56

Thanks, bv!
See you in NYC!

Posted by: Dan ()
Date: July 9, 2018 22:56

zgredzik
Boys are in a good shape, but Mick can't make more shows than 14 per year. His throat can't make it. I hope we will hear them in next years and I think also that they will maybe make some residency in - perhaps - States, just only not to travel.. Maybe No Filter Tour was the last "normal" tour, where Stones went to few cities - maybe next year people would have to come to NY to see serie of concerts.

This is the first I've heard of this. Hopefully he will only communicate in sign language to preserve what's left of his voice for a few more shows.

Posted by: Sighunt ()
Date: July 9, 2018 22:57

Bashlets
I hope we have some new material if they return to USA. 16 war horses and 3?new songs. I thinking asking for 3 songs is not pushing it. Love the stones but the set list has to change a bit.

I would be happy if the Stones toured the US next year, but as a paying customer, they would have to mix up the set lists and/or release new material for me to want to travel to see them. I caught them in the US in 2013 and 2015 (I will admit that the band did play the warhorses really well in Buffalo) but with exceptions it was the same shtick! When you are down to a 19 song set-list that is top heavy with tried and true warhorses, there is no room for experimentation or variation.

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: July 10, 2018 00:25

potus43

A stopped clock is right twice a day.

When did you tell us about the Tokyo and Buones Aires rumours?

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: July 10, 2018 00:52

I was fortunate enough to watch the show from the pit last night and if you were there and watching the way they kept going at the end on satisfaction then you would have seen they ain't stopping anytime yet.

Nate

Posted by: Sister Marie ()
Date: July 10, 2018 01:12

Just for information because this seller is not reliable:
The Rolling Stones prochainement en concert en France ? Préparez-vous pour un retour en 2019 !!!
Vous pouvez déjà assurer vos places avec Next Concert !

"The Rolling Stones soon in concert in France? Get ready for a comeback in 2019 !!! You can already secure your tickets with (us)!"
[www.facebook.com]
confused smiley

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: July 10, 2018 02:13

Meaningless clickbait to get you to sign up for something. Ignore.

Certainly not an official source for anything.

The chances of the Stones playing three European tours inside two years is negligible.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: July 10, 2018 02:14

zgredzik
Boys are in a good shape, but Mick can't make more shows than 14 per year. His throat can't make it. I hope we will hear them in next years and I think also that they will maybe make some residency in - perhaps - States, just only not to travel.. Maybe No Filter Tour was the last "normal" tour, where Stones went to few cities - maybe next year people would have to come to NY to see serie of concerts.

Nonsense. Are you his doctor?

Posted by: sundevil ()
Date: July 10, 2018 02:40

really enjoyed keith this tour (youtube, not live) hope they come back. also hope they have two $5 million dollar private gigs to keep ticket prices down. airfare, hotel, passport renewal, ect, ect, kept me home. missed a great tour.

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: July 10, 2018 03:51

zgredzik

You better stay of the pills n booze, and get to see the Stones live. Which you probably never did.
Jeroen

Posted by: 1985jayer ()
Date: July 10, 2018 04:07

Thank you bv for everything you do, from all of the stones fans around the world, it’s very kind of you and appreciated. Just got back from Prague and Stuttgart shows, so much fun. Need to rest my chemistry for a bit. Maybe some indoor arenas and 45000 seat baseball stadiums next summer in the USA, who knows, but I will be at some of them if it happens, cheers from Chicago, Wrigley Field

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: July 10, 2018 06:38

keefriff99
I'll definitely be at MSG next year if they come here. That would be quite an event.

My Twick Wales mate behind me
couldn’t believe as a USA/CA person I’d never been to NY.
Apparently the only thing
that moves me
The Rolling Stones!

I cannot even imagine —-

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: July 10, 2018 07:20

Cristiano Radtke
From Mick's Instagram stories

Says it all right there! thumbs up

Posted by: RoughJusticeOnYa ()
Date: July 10, 2018 08:54

35love
potus43

This made me laugh, thank you.

True though, innit?

Posted by: bv ()
Date: July 10, 2018 09:49

There are rumours and comments about possible shows all the time, every year, every week, especially about Europe and USA. These are usually just wishfull thinking, made by fans who dream about seing the Stones. Nothing wrong with that, but you can't plan travel and book hotels based on that.

I have specific info about citices and the way they will organize, and how promoters have presented these plans, which means only the signatures and time allocation is missing. That is whay I call it a la carte, they have these options now and North America is most probably next, they can probably not tour Tokyo, NYC, BA in one tour, due to distances and time zones.

Bjornulf

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-07-10 09:51 by bv.

Posted by: zgredzik ()
Date: July 10, 2018 09:59

corriecas
zgredzik

You better stay of the pills n booze, and get to see the Stones live. Which you probably never did.
Jeroen

Hey, I am just scared that he can lose his voice. That's all. I'd rather not see Stones ever again than to know that Mick lose his voice and has some health problems. I saw that in Prague and Warsaw he has to be very careful using his voice, he was singing greatly, but was saving his voice. You can say whatever you want, but I really think that at age of 75, if he would have some health issues he need some rest for some time. Like every human. It were the 13rd and 14th show of tour, so I think that if he would play more shows after that in small interval, he can make himself harm. Which would be worst thing and I would be very unhappy with that. He is a Stone but also human, I love him and rest of boys and want them to rock forever, but we have to remember that they are humans and have to take care of themselves.

Posted by: falo01 ()
Date: July 10, 2018 10:29

It continues just the way it does since 2012:
Small tours, covering only a few months, limiting the risk for insurance companies to safe them, also limiting the travel space.
This game is repeating again and again once or twice a year until they can't do it anymore. When the final curtain goes down, nobody knows, but I have a feeling it will NOT be in the very near future.

Date: July 10, 2018 10:58

zgredzik
Boys are in a good shape, but Mick can't make more shows than 14 per year. His throat can't make it.

This is not right. Mick can probably sing two times per week all year which would make 180 shows. The reason why they limit tours to 14 shows are many, including insurance risk, rest for all band members, family life, many other reasons.

A normal person age mid 70's, retired, with a large family does not want to travel the world with three collegues all year. Not even if it is including five star hotels, travel by private jet etc. They have their own lives luckily, that is why this concept is working so well. Tour two months, normal life, keep happy, then a short tour, then more normal life etc.

I made a 2-D graph of number of shows performed per month/3-months and time between tours from 2012 and up to now. This graph is showing the tactics and how it is working, probaly not planned on purpose, but that is how they like to do it, as these tours appear more like an evolution of touring, it is pretty accurate, if you take into account changes, rescheduling etc.

Bjornulf

Posted by: zgredzik ()
Date: July 10, 2018 12:38

Please, don't get me wrong smiling smiley I do not want to be all-know guy, but only hope that boys will be in good health long as they can. And if it would mean that they have to stop play, which I hope won't ever happen - it would be good to me, only to keep them in good shape and live 100+ years smiling smiley

Posted by: georgie48 ()
Date: July 10, 2018 12:48

Welcome home, Bjornulf! A well deserved "recover" time is ahead of you!

Rumours are a unique phenomenon, but somehow there is always some truth in them. Sometimes they reach you from very, or should I say totally, unexpected angles. Health is the key factor that keeps it uncertain until a sudden "short" notice gets us all excited again. Warsaw wasn't the last one, but they first "have to" come up with their long awaited new album. "We oldies" (how about the not so oldies?) needs some fresh musical "Stones dope" before any new concert or tour, don't you think?
Enjoy you time with you family!

Date: July 10, 2018 15:02

This thread is about the next tour not about a new album. Nobody not even in the band will say anything about the new album. It will be a bonus if it happens some day, but tours every year are more likely.

Bjornulf

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: July 10, 2018 15:30

bv
North America:
A complete new tour. Probaly next year. They will do it a la carte, and MSG multiple shows is on the wish list. A big city tour

Seems likely that if they do a "complete new tour" with perhaps multiple shows in a few big cities (?), they would almost have to mix up the setlists more for each show. Either way, a complete new tour with multiple shows per venue, would be best case scenario imo. Would be fantastic to see them at MSG again, always such a great city to travel to for the Stones! Gotta work on my "this could be the last time" speech for the boss (wife cool smiley ) Used to be an easy sell.. getting tougher with each tour these days though winking smiley

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: July 10, 2018 16:08

MisterDDDD
bv
North America:
A complete new tour. Probaly next year. They will do it a la carte, and MSG multiple shows is on the wish list. A big city tour

Seems likely that if they do a "complete new tour" with perhaps multiple shows in a few big cities (?), they would almost have to mix up the setlists more for each show. Either way, a complete new tour with multiple shows per venue, would be best case scenario imo. Would be fantastic to see them at MSG again, always such a great city to travel to for the Stones! Gotta work on my "this could be the last time" speech for the boss (wife cool smiley ) Used to be an easy sell.. getting tougher with each tour these days though winking smiley

grinning smiley ........."this could be the last time" ...my mate in Ireland said the same to his wife when I asked him to come to Cardiff, then, to me with "a heavy heart" said....."if it was anyone but my wife"............

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 2 of 82

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1660
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home