Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 1 of 82
The Rolling Stones North America Tour 2019
Posted by: bv ()
Date: July 9, 2018 11:29

ORIGINAL THREAD TITLE JUNY 2018:
The Rolling Stones tours from now on - after No Filter 2018

UPDATED THREAD TITLE SEPT 2018:
The Rolling Stones Tours 2019 and on - North America next up

UPDATED THREAD TITLE OCT 2018:
The Rolling Stones Tour North America 2019

I am writing this on my flight back home to Norway, an early flight leaving Warsaw at 9:20am, after just four hours sleep tonight, with limited access to Internet, so if my memory is wrong please bare with me and let me know. I will probably make these notes in some sort of editorial pages, but for now, a thread on the talks forum here is the easiest way for me to do this.

When The Rolling Stones announced their touring plans on Oct 15, 2012 I think they mentioned something like four shows, two in UK and two in the US. Then they added Brooklyn. Since then we have got more than one hundred shows every year since - 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018 - not a single year without another tour, and a number of shows. They have toured the world. Except for Africa, and India, every major corner of this planet has been covered. They even did Cuba, which has been on my wish list since I first visited Cuba in 2000. For me, it is like a dream come through, to see The Rolling Stones live forever.

I did really start this thread because I wanted to pass on some touring rumours, but as I am on my way home, from such a great tour, I am getting emotional of course, so I have to dig into the past, to better explain and understand the future.

If you take a look at the picture below then you understand why the rumours of more shows and more touring makes sense. They just love what they do. Keith is so happy. Mick is close to Keith, every show, and I can see they enjoy performing in front of new crowds every night they are on in some city, which they have been more than one hundred times now, since 2012, probably 110 or more, one day I will count the exact number of shows since Nov 2012, then it will be accurate...

There are now three major rumous about shows for the time to come. Some say later this year, but I would guess next year. Many sources I talk to across the world have this inside info, this is not something I make up just because I wish for more shows...

North America:
A complete new tour. Probaly next year. They will do it a la carte, and MSG multiple shows is on the wish list. A big city tour, it's up to the tour organizers to make an offer that fits into their plans, so patience and some time, if everything works out like expected, the North America visits in 2012, 2013, 2015 and 2016 may be repeated with another great tour in 2019.

Buenos Aires Argentina:
The offer is on the table. I just wish they can make it. Not just 2-3 shows, but a real residency, with a side trip to Sao Paulo to please the Brazil fans.

Tokyo Japan:
The offer has been on the table ever since they visited Japan in 2014. Three shows is not enough, may be another residency, multiple shows.

The Rolling Stones have the great privilege of being able to pick and choose. The world want the Stones, and they may pick where to go, not just for commercial reasons, but also for the fun of it, for the pure joy, and to please us, the fans. I think their touring plans makes sense. We just have to wait for them to discuss the offers, and to decide, and to give us a little bit of touring at the time, and of course, most important of all, that everyone, including you and me, stay healthy so that we can enjoy Stoneslife wherever they go in Stonesland!

UPDATE early SEP_2018:

It seems like North America will be the next place where the Stones will be touring now...

UPDATE 25-OCT-25-2018:
The North America Tour is expected to start some time late spring i.e. late April to early May 2019. Tour announcement expected 6-8 weeks before that i.e. March 2019. Since this is six months from now things may still change. That is why they keep all options open as long as possible.

Bjornulf

Edited 5 time(s). Last edit at 2018-10-25 21:11 by bv.

Re: The Rolling Stones tours from now on
Posted by: StonedAsia ()
Date: July 9, 2018 11:33

Japan, baby! Singapore, Hong Kong, Shanghai would be great as well. Hell, why not Saigon? The stadium there would probably collapse but some wide-open spaces are around. Do 3-4 nights at the National Theater.

Ah, Bangkok.....toss in Yangon as well. Let's do this properly smileys with beer

Posted by: TE ()
Date: July 9, 2018 11:38

Thanks for the info.
Happy 'Strawberry day' when home!

TE
Oslo

Posted by: bv ()
Date: July 9, 2018 11:39

By the way, I have been in touch with so many Stones fans in Jakarta Indonesia, it must be more than hundred I talk to there, I think Jakarta was on the 2014 options list, if they ever go back to Asia, who knows, may be, may be.

Bjornulf

Posted by: MizzAmandaJonez ()
Date: July 9, 2018 11:39

BV- Great seeing you randomly in the streets of Edinburgh and at the show again, and thanks so much for all you do. The pictures of Keith on this tour, especially the one above, shows such pure joy and happiness, which was on the faces of all of the band the one night I saw them, and in the photos from the tour and also within the faces of the crowd. It really is a dream come true for them, and for us. All the critics should just ride off into the sunset as thats exactly the opposite of what this band is doing, and that's just @#$%& awesome as they keep setting the bar as they've done since I started following them in the early 70s. Long live the Rolling Stones.

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: July 9, 2018 11:40

Well..if they gonna do Argentina n Brasil..
I will be there..
Jeroen

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: July 9, 2018 11:40

bv

There are now three major rumous about shows for the time to come. Some say later this year, but I would guess next year. Many sources I talk to across the world have this inside info, this is not something I make up just because I wish for more shows...

Buenos Aires Argentina:
The offer is on the table. I just wish they can make it. Not just 2-3 shows, but a real residency, with a side trip to Sao Paulo to please the Brazil fans.

That would be amazing! smileys with beer

Posted by: thomas guitar ()
Date: July 9, 2018 11:53

bv
I am writing this on my flight back home to Norway, an early flight leaving Warsaw at 9:20am, after just four hours sleep tonight, with limited access to Internet, so if my memory is wrong please bare with me and let me know. I will probably make these notes in some sort of editorial pages, but for now, a thread on the talks forum here is the easiest way for me to do this.

When The Rolling Stones announced their touring plans on Oct 15, 2012 I think they mentioned something like four shows, two in UK and two in the US. Then they added Brooklyn. Since then we have got more than one hundred shows every year since - 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018 - not a single year without another tour, and a number of shows. They have toured the world. Except for Africa, and India, every major corner of this planet has been covered. They even did Cuba, which has been on my wish list since I first visited Cuba in 2000. For me, it is like a dream come through, to see The Rolling Stones live forever.

I did really start this thread because I wanted to pass on some touring rumours, but as I am on my way home, from such a great tour, I am getting emotional of course, so I have to dig into the past, to better explain and understand the future.

If you take a look at the picture below then you understand why the rumours of more shows and more touring makes sense. They just love what they do. Keith is so happy. Mick is close to Keith, every show, and I can see they enjoy performing in front of new crowds every night they are on in some city, which they have been more than one hundred times now, since 2012, probably 110 or more, one day I will count the exact number of shows since Nov 2012, then it will be accurate...

North America:
A complete new tour. Probaly next year. They will do it a la carte, and MSG multiple shows is on the wish list. A big city tour, it's up to the tour organizers to make an offer that fits into their plans, so patience and some time, if everything works out like expected, the North America visits in 2012, 2013, 2015 and 2016 may be repeated with another great tour in 2019.

Buenos Aires Argentina:

Tokyo Japan:
The offer has been on the table ever since they visited Japan in 2014. Three shows is not enough, may be another residency, multiple shows.

The Rolling Stones have the great privilege of being able to pick and choose. The world want the Stones, and they may pick where to go, not just for commercial reasons, but also for the fun of it, for the pure joy, and to please us, the fans. I think their touring plans makes sense. We just have to wait for them to discuss the offers, and to decide, and to give us a little bit of touring at the time, and of course, most important of all, that everyone, including you and me, stay healthy so that we can enjoy Stoneslife wherever they go in Stonesland!

Beautiful words Bjornulf, very emotional....yes and i agree let the Stones and ourselves healthy enough to enjoy the future together.....looking forward to see them again.

Posted by: thrak ()
Date: July 9, 2018 12:11

Bernard Fowler said on air in Polish Radio - Warsaw is not last show for sure.

Posted by: a bigger nut ()
Date: July 9, 2018 12:19

Saw great Warsaw show and going back to Asia by tonight's flight.

bv
By the way, I have been in touch with so many Stones fans in Jakarta Indonesia, it must be more than hundred I talk to there, I think Jakarta was on the 2014 options list, if they ever go back to Asia, who knows, may be, may be.

14 On Fire asian leg was a very special experience for me.
I hope they do it again not only Tokyo.
Jakarta, and they have never visited Korean peninsula. Also philippine.

Macca already did his first show at Seoul olympic stadium successfully in 2015.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-07-09 12:48 by a bigger nut.

Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: July 9, 2018 12:24

North Korea a possibility if Trumpy Dumpy does a deal?

Posted by: undertheradar ()
Date: July 9, 2018 12:53

Thanks Bjornulf
Looks like they are going to play 'til they drop - so should be at least another 20 years of touring left! smileys with beer

Undertheradar
Disclaimer: I was drunk when I wrote this ;-)

Posted by: Leonioid ()
Date: July 9, 2018 13:24

...may be repeated with another great tour...

YES!!!
Now THIS is a proper thread about The Stones and future tours!! smileys with beer

Stay Rolling Mick Jagger... gather no moss...
You and Keith and Ronnie and Charlie and the band are on fire right now!!!
Make hay while the sun shines!! The USA is calling!! We need you!! MSG CHI DEN LA etc etc etc

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: July 9, 2018 13:31

Thanks for the Info, Bjornulf.
Jeroen

Posted by: steffialicia ()
Date: July 9, 2018 13:51

BV, thank you so much for all you do.

Posted by: KevinLocksPerm ()
Date: July 9, 2018 14:13

The Stones don't do anything for us the fans. Yes, we may enjoy what they do but at the end of the day they do it for financial gratification and their own pleasure. It doesn't go beyond that.

Posted by: schwonek ()
Date: July 9, 2018 14:31

I really hope for more shows. Really, anywhere. I will be there!

Posted by: Massimo68 ()
Date: July 9, 2018 15:00

jlowe

Let's start with South Korea.
This country is a mystery, none of big bands have played in Seoul or elsewherere.

Did they hate r'n'r or are they only formated for pop or K-pop ?

Posted by: JumpinJimF ()
Date: July 9, 2018 15:15

Massimo68
jlowe

This country is a mystery, none of big bands have played in Seoul or elsewherere.

I believe they are big fans of Seoul music...

Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: July 9, 2018 15:22

I'll definitely be at MSG next year if they come here. That would be quite an event.

Posted by: StonesSmeth99 ()
Date: July 9, 2018 15:49

Thank you BV for the update and thank you for having this 'place' to converge before, during and after the shows, and in the run up to the 'next time'....

My dad met you in Cardiff Bay and just that little chat really made his day (he's not even on this forum, I feed back to him...), along with one of the best shows of the tour - we did 7 in total which was absolutely awesome.
Although on this tour I think it's been much more difficult to rank the shows (than perhaps the 2017 leg) as they've all been such high quality.

Looking forward to shows in the US next year, although fitting in with work etc is always a challenge!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-07-09 15:51 by StonesSmeth99.

Posted by: powerage78 ()
Date: July 9, 2018 16:00

2019 will be better than 2018 !!!

I'm just a Bad Boy Boogie

Posted by: Bashlets ()
Date: July 9, 2018 16:02

I hope we have some new material if they return to USA. 16 war horses and 3?new songs. I thinking asking for 3 songs is not pushing it. Love the stones but the set list has to change a bit.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: July 9, 2018 16:13

"North America:
A complete new tour. Probaly next year. They will do it a la carte, and MSG multiple shows is on the wish list. A big city tour, it's up to the tour organizers to make an offer that fits into their plans, so patience and some time, if everything works out like expected, the North America visits in 2012, 2013, 2015 and 2016 may be repeated with another great tour in 2019." - BV

Love the idea of multiple shows in select cities.
Wish list for me would include NYC, SF, LA, Denver, Seattle/Vancouver.

We are all so fortunate to still have this band to follow, any city would be great!

Posted by: pt99 ()
Date: July 9, 2018 16:52

I've been telling you all about this for months

Posted by: mariano ()
Date: July 9, 2018 17:05

yes!!yes!!!yes!!!!

Posted by: babyblue ()
Date: July 9, 2018 17:56

Thanks BV for the great info.

Posted by: a bigger nut ()
Date: July 9, 2018 17:56

Massimo68
jlowe

I know Metalica, RHCP, Cure and Oasis did in South Korea.cool smiley
Maybe Foo Fighters too.

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: July 9, 2018 18:12

potus43
I've been telling you all about this for months

This made me laugh, thank you.

Posted by: zgredzik ()
Date: July 9, 2018 18:14

Boys are in a good shape, but Mick can't make more shows than 14 per year. His throat can't make it. I hope we will hear them in next years and I think also that they will maybe make some residency in - perhaps - States, just only not to travel.. Maybe No Filter Tour was the last "normal" tour, where Stones went to few cities - maybe next year people would have to come to NY to see serie of concerts.

Goto Page: 1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 1 of 82

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1797
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home