Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...678910111213141516Next
Current Page: 15 of 16
Re: Warsaw Poland 08-July-2018 Rolling Stones No Filter live updates
Posted by: thunderball ()
Date: July 10, 2018 18:43

I met Darryl Jones on a plane the next day. He was on the same flight from Warsaw to London as me. I spoke with him and shook his hand. He was pleasant and seemed like a chilled guy.

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: July 10, 2018 18:44

what is a diamond pit ticket?

plexi

Posted by: Doc ()
Date: July 10, 2018 19:24

timbernardis
what is a diamond pit ticket?

plexi

It was a specific area next to the pit.
Only used at this particular concert.
Usually this place was part of the Golden Circle

[doctorstonesblog.blogspot.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-07-10 19:25 by Doc.

Posted by: angee ()
Date: July 10, 2018 21:51

In Amsterdam 2017, the same area next to the pit was called "Jumping Jack Flash package," which was really, "early entry, gold circle" with (unnecessary) swag.

~"Love is Strong"~

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-07-10 21:56 by angee.

Posted by: maxx ()
Date: July 10, 2018 22:11

Mick was just on the TV smiling smiley

Watching the world cup.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-07-10 22:12 by maxx.

Posted by: franzk ()
Date: July 10, 2018 22:23

MAF
- Can anyone post what Mick said in Polish (including introducing the band)? Dziekuje!

Apart from widely commented quote "I'm to old to be a judge but young enough to sing" he was mostly complimenting the audience. He was saying things like "how are you?" "what a wonderful evening", "you are the best", "you sing great" etc. He was also asking who was from Krakow, Poznan, Gdansk. While introducing Ronnie he said "king of pierogi". Other than that he was simply saying Charlie "on drums" and Keith on "guitar and vocal". Band introductions were funnier on two previous Polish shows when he said to Lisa "what a lovely dress, what cheap shoes" and called Keith "wild and gypsy".

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2018-07-10 22:31 by franzk.

Posted by: MarekM ()
Date: July 10, 2018 22:34

Here is my TD video from diamond PIT B view ->[youtu.be]

Mick often came here ("left" stage), suppose because of 2 attractive blondes in local costumes, which he often threw eye atwinking smiley

I regret that Keith held on center and catwalk part(I think he only went to the right side once).

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: July 10, 2018 23:22

Those two blondes in local dress were probably the same ones seen with his son James.

Posted by: hilary ()
Date: July 10, 2018 23:45

MAF
Back home from Warsaw last night. Just a few notes:

- The most stupid entrance for standing tickets. Running to the other side of the stadium, running in and running... I'm sure it would have been possible to manage this entrance at another gate much easier for everybody.

- The audience seemed to be very hungry for the Stones. Saw a lot of twenty-somethings coming to the show and there were hot to see this band (quite a lot pushing at the entrence). A 15 year old boy attended his first Stones show with his family in the first row of diamond pit (I'm quite sure his father is an iorr member...).

- The audience made a lot of noise just before showtime doing "la ola" all around the stands.

- Saw/spoke to fans from: Argentina (oleee, oleeee), Brazil, Germany, Iceland, Italy, Netherlands (off course cool smiley), Norway, Poland (off course), USA.

- The first show for me knowing the setlist before showtime. A guy in the pit came along with it and a few fans asked for a picture.

- Did anyone notice that sometimes Mick mixed up a few lines of the lyrics? I'm not sure about that.

- A great lightshow by the audience using there smartphones.

- Extended version of "You can't always get..."

- Extended instrumemental of "Sympathy..." - It's hard for Mick so sing without a working mic...

- Marlon was in the pit watching his father for a few songs. I saw some poeple coming with him but I don't know who is who.

- Can anyone post what Mick said in Polish (including introducing the band)? Dziekuje!

- A safe setlist, yes. I didn't expect anything special.

I'm sure this was the last European tour. Someone told me Keith said in Twickenham: "I will miss you all..."
Yes, I was there and he said that words and after I felt very sad sad smiley

Posted by: Hendrik ()
Date: July 11, 2018 00:32

One of my favourite Warsaw pics:

For 200 more Warsaw pics, pls check out my Love You Live album on FB:
[www.facebook.com]

Enjoy!

Hendrik

Posted by: Lorenz ()
Date: July 11, 2018 00:43

timbernardis
Lorenz
Fantastic gig.
Thanks to Tom from Poland who read my post and gave me a diamond pit ticket!

Some random thoughts: mick was handed a malfunctioning mike during sympathy so he had to go back and try to get a working one. That’s why the intro was longer than usual. Charlie went out after the bows to throw two more sticks to someone in the filter pit. Keith’s playing got somehow more fluid again and it works surprisingly well to turn his guitar up for the signature riffs. The stones crowds get ever more mixed and it’s more and more a social event, some kind of a trophy? The whole band is pretty well oiled and probably playing better than e.g. in 2007.

R u Volker Lorenz? If so, was Frank Cunningham there? And what is a diamond pit ticket?

plexi

No, that's not me. Diamond pit is a sector in front of the stage.

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: July 11, 2018 02:40

I finally made it home to the U.K. a few hours ago. Another Rolling Stones tour over and back to humdrum reality...

After enjoying Prague so little, I’m very pleased to report that I got my Stones mojo back for this one and thoroughly enjoyed myself. If this turns out to be thr last time for me, it will have been in a city And country very dear to my heart.

Sunday was one of only 2 shows on this tour I didn’t Lucky Dip. I had Gold Standing, which with the one off creation of the Diamond Pit, was only a little better than GA at some shows. It was very similar to Fosse Or in Paris 14OF.

Anyway, my gig buddy for the day was someone some of you know well - Wild Sliwowitz, the harmonica player from the IORR Band. We had tickets for the same section - Gold Standing. So we arranged to meet up at the Central Station and after a good feed af the Sphinx restaurant, we arrived at Gate 11 at 3.30 with the queue still remarkably short. All standing sections in the same queue, which seemed odd. After entry a little after 5, we got through security, were forced onto the upper concourse and started running like everyone else, in the hope of a good spot. We repeatedly asked stewards where the entrance ro the floor was and none of them knew - they were clueless. WS and I were running like headless chickens and must have done a half circuit of the stadium and so too many other fans. We finally found it, running back down 2 flights of steps and getting our wristbands, which were very basic.

We had hoped for the end of the catwalk (a great place to see the show from ) but by the time we finally made it in, it was already busy so we grabbed spots on the rail, far over to the left. We had some great people around us to talk to and settled in. The sound for Tronbone Shorty was not bad so we knew we’d been lucky and got one of the good sound spots in a stadium notorious for very poor sound. I was rather miffed by the size of the diamond pit, especially given that on our side, it appeared to be substantially underfilled.

Nonetheless, the view and sound we got was decent and the show got off to a solid start with SFM. What made this show very special was the crowd, by a long chalk the most excitable I’d seen in 11 shows of the tour. The fans were dancing from the nosebleeds to the pit. It was the same in Chorzow 20 years ago, another show I attended.

On this form and with this kind of reaction, there looks to be more gas in the tank yet. There were plenty of IORRians in attendance and we met a few of them at the end.

As I know Warsaw very well, I guided WS back to the centre and onto a night bus to his hotel and a crack of dawn flight home.

Feel a bit sad that it’s all over for this tour. It’s not Just the music itself for me, it’s the sense of occasion and the great camaraderie amongst the fans, especially IORRians. international friendships have formed out of it, the IORR Band being possibly the best example of that.

I did previously say I wouldn’t travel intercontinental to see them, but hmmmmm I think I might be tempted grinning smiley

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2018-07-11 02:44 by grzegorz67.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: July 11, 2018 03:46

Hendrik

[www.facebook.com]

Enjoy!

Hendrik
Great , great, shot Hendrik!
Thanks for the link... very nice.

Posted by: jazzbass ()
Date: July 11, 2018 04:23

A lot of Stones family joining the tour toward the end. I saw Marlon and his son, as well as Jade Jagger and a few other family members socializing together at the hotel in Prague and again in Warsaw. Was nice to see actually, offspring of the Glimmers having a nice evening together.

Posted by: sarahunwin ()
Date: July 11, 2018 05:11

Quique-stone
Promoman2
My Videos are online.
Bitch [youtu.be]
Tumbling Dice [youtu.be]
Before they make me Run [youtu.be]
Midnight Rambler [youtu.be]
Miss You [youtu.be]
Gimme Shelter [youtu.be]
Like Rolling Stone [youtu.be]
Jumping Jack Flash [youtu.be]
Paint it Black [youtu.be]
Just Your Fool [youtu.be]
You Got the Silver [youtu.be]

Bravo, thanks so much!

Thank you so so much - awesome!! Sparkly Top

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: July 11, 2018 05:45

sarahunwin
Quique-stone
Promoman2
My Videos are online.
Bitch [youtu.be]
Tumbling Dice [youtu.be]
Miss You [youtu.be]
Gimme Shelter [youtu.be]

Bravo, thanks so much!

^^ another woman who has mastered the Rail ^^
((bows down in respect))
I haven't been able to look at any of the clips of the ‘last’
show I’m funny like that
so hilariously silly I had to watch Seinfeld new comedy instead
I recommend if any other sops out there need cheering up,
or I heard some soccer’s being played ;-)

Posted by: midimannz ()
Date: July 11, 2018 11:33

Promoman2
My Videos are online.
Bitch [youtu.be]
Tumbling Dice [youtu.be]
Miss You [youtu.be]
Gimme Shelter [youtu.be]

Nice as your standard usually is Fred, thanks

Date: July 11, 2018 11:56

thunderball
I met Darryl Jones on a plane the next day. He was on the same flight from Warsaw to London as me. I spoke with him and shook his hand. He was pleasant and seemed like a chilled guy.

I had an opportunity to chat to Darryl after the show and, as you say thunderball, he is a very mellow dude. I couldn't resist saying to him "You are not Bernard Fowler!" - to which he replied "yeah, we had a lot of fun doing that".
(a reference to the shot of the two of them in t-shirts outside the Savoy in London)

Date: July 11, 2018 17:25

glad to hear mick speaking polish and calling out authoritarianism.

Posted by: midimannz ()
Date: July 11, 2018 22:20

MarekM
Here is my TD video from diamond PIT B view ->[youtu.be]

Mick often came here ("left" stage), suppose because of 2 attractive blondes in local costumes, which he often threw eye atwinking smiley

I regret that Keith held on center and catwalk part(I think he only went to the right side once).

Nice and steady and 'easy' zoom..... How do you do that?
Is it a video camera?

Posted by: Wild Slivovitz ()
Date: July 13, 2018 18:31

grzegorz67
I finally made it home to the U.K. a few hours ago. Another Rolling Stones tour over and back to humdrum reality...

After enjoying Prague so little, I’m very pleased to report that I got my Stones mojo back for this one and thoroughly enjoyed myself. If this turns out to be thr last time for me, it will have been in a city And country very dear to my heart.

Sunday was one of only 2 shows on this tour I didn’t Lucky Dip. I had Gold Standing, which with the one off creation of the Diamond Pit, was only a little better than GA at some shows. It was very similar to Fosse Or in Paris 14OF.

Anyway, my gig buddy for the day was someone some of you know well - Wild Sliwowitz, the harmonica player from the IORR Band. We had tickets for the same section - Gold Standing. So we arranged to meet up at the Central Station and after a good feed af the Sphinx restaurant, we arrived at Gate 11 at 3.30 with the queue still remarkably short. All standing sections in the same queue, which seemed odd. After entry a little after 5, we got through security, were forced onto the upper concourse and started running like everyone else, in the hope of a good spot. We repeatedly asked stewards where the entrance ro the floor was and none of them knew - they were clueless. WS and I were running like headless chickens and must have done a half circuit of the stadium and so too many other fans. We finally found it, running back down 2 flights of steps and getting our wristbands, which were very basic.

We had hoped for the end of the catwalk (a great place to see the show from ) but by the time we finally made it in, it was already busy so we grabbed spots on the rail, far over to the left. We had some great people around us to talk to and settled in. The sound for Tronbone Shorty was not bad so we knew we’d been lucky and got one of the good sound spots in a stadium notorious for very poor sound. I was rather miffed by the size of the diamond pit, especially given that on our side, it appeared to be substantially underfilled.

Nonetheless, the view and sound we got was decent and the show got off to a solid start with SFM. What made this show very special was the crowd, by a long chalk the most excitable I’d seen in 11 shows of the tour. The fans were dancing from the nosebleeds to the pit. It was the same in Chorzow 20 years ago, another show I attended.

On this form and with this kind of reaction, there looks to be more gas in the tank yet. There were plenty of IORRians in attendance and we met a few of them at the end.

As I know Warsaw very well, I guided WS back to the centre and onto a night bus to his hotel and a crack of dawn flight home.

Feel a bit sad that it’s all over for this tour. It’s not Just the music itself for me, it’s the sense of occasion and the great camaraderie amongst the fans, especially IORRians. international friendships have formed out of it, the IORR Band being possibly the best example of that.

I did previously say I wouldn’t travel intercontinental to see them, but hmmmmm I think I might be tempted grinning smiley

Tempting, isn't it smiling bouncing smiley ?
Thanks again for the great company and the guidance in Warsawthumbs up! It was a magical gig!

Posted by: sarahunwin ()
Date: July 13, 2018 19:05

35love
sarahunwin
Quique-stone
Promoman2
My Videos are online.
Bitch [youtu.be]
Tumbling Dice [youtu.be]
Miss You [youtu.be]
Gimme Shelter [youtu.be]

Bravo, thanks so much!

^^ another woman who has mastered the Rail ^^
((bows down in respect))
I haven't been able to look at any of the clips of the ‘last’
show I’m funny like that
so hilariously silly I had to watch Seinfeld new comedy instead
I recommend if any other sops out there need cheering up,
or I heard some soccer’s being played ;-)

smiling smiley smiling smiley smiling smiley Some tennis too, I believe!!!!

Posted by: buttons67 ()
Date: July 13, 2018 19:46

just watched some of the warsaw show on youtube, still trying to pinch myself that i was there. got back home late wednesday night.

to be honest, i didnt expect a lot from the stones, but the concert was superb, i was on the pitch towards the back, had only a couple of pre match beers, and only 2 on the pitch as i didnt want to be distracted by toilet breaks, the performance by the band and the atmosphere from the crowd were excellent, and such a diverse audience from the very young to the more mature of us. Also the stadium was space age, probably the best ive ever been in.

i spent 5 nights in warsaw, saw most of what i came for, great museums, photography and a trip to the 30th floor of the palace of science and culture was an experience.

add the world cup in for extra atmosphere, throw in plenty of food, mainly kebabs and plenty polish beer to round off an excellent few days.

hope to see warsaw again, and the stones again some day.

Posted by: MarekM ()
Date: July 13, 2018 23:47

midimannz

Nice and steady and 'easy' zoom..... How do you do that?
Is it a video camera?

just iphone 7 (from Diamond Pit B )

Posted by: Marmalade ()
Date: July 14, 2018 15:51

Lucky people!

[ottawacitizen.com]

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: July 14, 2018 19:01

My photos, from front row left of Gold Standing. Little better than GA at some U.K. shows with small GC so a bit of a rip off.

[www.facebook.com]

Good show though and glad I went.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: September 11, 2018 21:55

Hendrik

[www.facebook.com]

Enjoy!

Hendrik

I will mark my return from two months of post-tour break by saying this is indeed a fantastic photo Hendrik!

Bjornulf

Posted by: bv ()
Date: September 11, 2018 21:59

It took me two months but finally I managed to finish Part 2 of my Warsaw 2018 tour memories. This part is from the show day. I also digged out a few more pictures, like the new one on the home page of IORR.

The Rolling Stones in Warsaw Poland July 2018 – Part 2

Bjornulf

Posted by: Leonioid ()
Date: September 11, 2018 22:22

^ Gotta love that Jagger grin... and the eye contact between he and Ronnie

Posted by: buttons67 ()
Date: September 12, 2018 00:22

the bristol hotel that BV talks about is one of the very few buildings that wasnt destroyed during the war, nazi germany had a plan to blitz warsaw to nothing, and they almost did during the warsaw uprising in 1944. The hotel was built early 20th century, was hit during the war but remained standing, it wasnt always used as a hotel though.

some great photos of warsaw there, its a really interesting city, hope to be back one day.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...678910111213141516Next
Current Page: 15 of 16

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1913
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home