Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123456789Next
Current Page: 7 of 9
Re: Will this be the last tour?
Posted by: philrock90 ()
Date: July 10, 2018 21:24

who remembers the BTB press conference when mick says "i've got a question i've always wanted to ask" *goes into crowd* mick: "will this be your last tour" Keith "this and the next 5"

Posted by: snorton ()
Date: July 10, 2018 22:06

philrock90
who remembers the BTB press conference when mick says "i've got a question i've always wanted to ask" *goes into crowd* mick: "will this be your last tour" Keith "this and the next 5"

Here it is, Mick does his thing at about 20:20

[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: July 11, 2018 07:00

At this rate does it matter if they tour anymore? Hasn't just about everyone who wants to hear Tumblin' Dice and SFTD heard it for the umpteenth time? It's not like the band changes from tour to tour and you get a different take, like '69 or '72, or'75, etc. How is 2018 different from anything offered since 2012? Isn't 200 bucks a ticket, usually more, a bit steep just to wave at them and feel nostalgic one last time? Where's the novelty? Let them go home and enjoy what precious time they have left. Charlie could write his memoirs. (cue laughter).

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: July 11, 2018 07:05

-

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-07-11 07:19 by Stoneage.

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: July 11, 2018 07:48

wupperstein
Firstly we need a new studio album with new material, then maybe a new tour!

thumbs up

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: July 11, 2018 10:41

24FPS
At this rate does it matter if they tour anymore? Hasn't just about everyone who wants to hear Tumblin' Dice and SFTD heard it for the umpteenth time? It's not like the band changes from tour to tour and you get a different take, like '69 or '72, or'75, etc. How is 2018 different from anything offered since 2012? Isn't 200 bucks a ticket, usually more, a bit steep just to wave at them and feel nostalgic one last time? Where's the novelty? Let them go home and enjoy what precious time they have left. Charlie could write his memoirs. (cue laughter).

I think they already are enjoying what precious time they have left, and so are a lot of other people (not everybody, obviously, but those people have different things to enjoy).

Posted by: babyblue ()
Date: July 12, 2018 06:44

Next year will be last tour. I think Charlie will put his foot down after USA tour.

Posted by: keithsman ()
Date: July 12, 2018 09:34

Unless they tour behind a new album i would like them to retire at the top, plus certain song choices make it pointless for me to pay to see them again, it's just so boring to have songs like Miss You, IORR, HTW, TD and YCAGWYW played at every show, there are many other crowd pleaser's that the Stones could play and for that reason i'm out.

Posted by: wupperstein ()
Date: July 12, 2018 11:03

I like to see the Stones on stage again, but not all time with the same set list
with Tumbling Dice, IORR, Miss You etc..
I like they'll play songs like Winter, Coming Down Again, Till The Next Goodbye,Citadel, Plundered My Soul, Time Waits For No one or Doncha Bother Me.

Date: July 12, 2018 11:24

Wupperstein: That is never going to happen. (The only exception would be a designated club gig for that). Many people here however, I'm not one of them, think the setlists are great.
They can't wait to hear live version number 1150* of JJFlash. Sure, maybe they will continue performing. But don't expect another type of setlists.

* Source: [www.setlist.fm]

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: July 12, 2018 13:02

wupperstein
I like to see the Stones on stage again, but not all time with the same set list
I like they'll play songs like Winter, Coming Down Again, Till The Next Goodbye,Citadel, Plundered My Soul, Time Waits For No one or Doncha Bother Me.

Not a snowball's chance in hell I'm afraid.

Posted by: powerage78 ()
Date: July 12, 2018 14:55

babyblue
I think Charlie will put his foot down after USA tour.

Think so too.

I'm just a Bad Boy Boogie

Posted by: EJM ()
Date: July 12, 2018 15:56

I do wonder if the format may have to change - the band ( particularly Mick ) seemed jolly tierd at the end of this one even though good breaks, travel distances were not too long and everyone on top form and no apparent emotional tension . I wonder if Mick will need more rest - longer gaps ? Shorter tours? guest artists ? Shorter set ? A few more slower Blues numbers.

Date: July 12, 2018 16:06

It's Micks's voice. Even if this is denied around here. After a couple of shows it shows. There is nothing you can do about this. It is what it is.
But, as I said, this is denied around here. It's not really allowed to talk about.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: July 12, 2018 16:40

Stoneage
It's Micks's voice. Even if this is denied around here. After a couple of shows it shows. There is nothing you can do about this. It is what it is.
But, as I said, this is denied around here. It's not really allowed to talk about.

Don't see too many (any??) posters denying that Mick has issues at times with his voice (throat). Strongly disagree that it becomes worse or noticeable after a "couple shows" though. Seems it is more succeptable to a flare up after performing in the heat and/or dust of outdoor venues. Also disagree that there's nothing that can be done about it. I'm sure he and his doctors do plenty about it.

Longer breaks in between shows seem to help for obvious reasons, perhaps we'll see a few more of those in future tours.

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: July 12, 2018 17:22

MisterDDDD
Stoneage

Don't see too many (any??) posters denying that Mick has issues at times with his voice (throat). Strongly disagree that it becomes worse or noticeable after a "couple shows" though. Seems it is more succeptable to a flare up after performing in the heat and/or dust of outdoor venues. Also disagree that there's nothing that can be done about it. I'm sure he and his doctors do plenty about it.

Longer breaks in between shows seem to help for obvious reasons, perhaps we'll see a few more of those in future tours.

You are more mature than I am Mike. I typed out a message I am sure glad I didn’t post.
I will address this to you, like we’re back in England.
In the 56 years of thousands and thousands of shows,
maybe .001 % have been cancelled for Mick’s voice.
Anybody who slanders this nearly 75 year old master
for not showing up on time for 56 years of contracted obligations
can kiss my assss.
alright, I gotta go.

Last words:
Don’t blame Mick for nothin’. You could guess it’s one reason and it very well may different.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-07-12 17:34 by 35love.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: July 12, 2018 17:41

35love
You are more mature than I am Mike. I typed out a message I am sure glad I didn’t post.
I will address this to you, like we’re back in England.
In the 56 years of thousands and thousands of shows,
maybe .001 % have been cancelled for Mick’s voice.
Anybody who slanders this nearly 75 year old master
for not showing up on time for 56 years of contracted obligations
can kiss my assss.
alright, I gotta go.

Last words:
Don’t blame Mick for nothin’. You could guess it’s one reason and it very well may different.

And you are much more honest and absolutely correct, Sarah.
(betting your un-posted reply even more so cool smiley )

Date: July 12, 2018 17:46

35love: Sir Michael is very professional these days. Like a CEO in fact. It has nothing to do with that. They hardly never cancel a show. However his voice started to weaken in the late 90s. It went down an octave and the nasality increased. And it broke up easier. When he talks off stage he sometimes sounds as if he has a cold. When he was younger he didn't have these problems. But there we go, since we're not allowed to talk about it it's no use going on. Let's pretend his voice is better than ever then...

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: July 12, 2018 17:58

The man is about to turn 75 years old. I don't expect him to be superhuman forever. That said, even if the touring were to stop there would still be opportunities (much like his Grammy appearance in 2011) to electrify the world with what an amazing performer he is or they still are.

Date: July 12, 2018 18:59

Stoneage
35love: Sir Michael is very professional these days. Like a CEO in fact. It has nothing to do with that. They hardly never cancel a show. However his voice started to weaken in the late 90s. It went down an octave and the nasality increased. And it broke up easier. When he talks off stage he sometimes sounds as if he has a cold. When he was younger he didn't have these problems. But there we go, since we're not allowed to talk about it it's no use going on. Let's pretend his voice is better than ever then...

All I hear is love, baby.

Date: July 12, 2018 19:00

timbernardis
KevinLocksPerm
No.Bill W and MicK t aint coming back.

I don't think the Stones will ever do a commemorative show.

They've just done a great tour. They should now slip quietly out the door.

yeah right. you've just gotten a reaction which is what u people live for, u troller.

plexi

KevinLocksPerm is secretly Charlie Watt.
grinning smiley

Posted by: Leonioid ()
Date: July 12, 2018 20:06

But, as I said, this is denied around here. It's not really allowed to talk about...
since we're not allowed to talk about it it's no use going on...

I wonder what the record is for saying we're not allowed to talk about it... and then keep talking about it and talking about it and talking about it?

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: July 12, 2018 20:07

EJM
I do wonder if the format may have to change - the band ( particularly Mick ) seemed jolly tierd at the end of this one even though good breaks, travel distances were not too long and everyone on top form and no apparent emotional tension . I wonder if Mick will need more rest - longer gaps ? Shorter tours? guest artists ? Shorter set ? A few more slower Blues numbers.

Let Keith play more than two songs while Mick is backstage getting oxygen and throat massages.
There was a video from one of the recent shows of Shattered (which is very wordy), and Mick had a hard time keeping up with it - even with the slower tempo the band played.
Can't imagine myself twenty years his junior doing what he does at his age, but seems he needs to reel it in and slow it down a bit to prevent throat problems and exhuastion.

Keith,Ronnie, and Charlie seemed OK looking to me at the end of the tour - but can't read their minds and they're probably glad it's over until the next tour - especially Charlie.
Granted Keith plays less and is less of a stage presence from the past (kind of holding his ground rather than roaming around), but I'm sure even standing their holding a guitar can be strenuous after awhile. And Charlie - being 77 years old...banging on drums for two hours can't be too easy.

Date: July 12, 2018 20:19

I bet the Stones (if they ever read any of these dumb comments) would have a good laugh among themselves about "WHO IS NEXT?!"... as the Naysayers, Bashers and Debbie Downers nit pick and choose 1-2 small instances in an otherwise perfect 2 hour performances to claim one band member who can no longer do it so... IT IS ALL OVER NOW!!! LAST TOUR!!! ITS OVER!!!

Mick might say "Ya know Charlie, you are probably next. Over the last 10 years they have rotated through the rest of us... first bashing on Ronnie, saying he was finished!!! THEY BETTER HIRE MICK TAYLOR JUST IN CASE! for supposed poor playing for being drunk... then they went after Keith and his fingers (and other things) claiming all sorts of medical factsopinions that he can not longer play at all etc etc... and now they are bashing on my vocals. So be ready Charlie, they might come for you next, but dont worry, it is expected, they can not help themselves, it is just what some of them do, they are like a bunch of hens in a chicken coop"

Date: July 12, 2018 20:21

Stoneage

We can indeed talk about it, but it's not correct. IMO, Mick sings better today than his grunting and shouting on Brussels Affair.

The fact that he has added some mannerism to his singing is a different thing than we're discussing here, though.

You and I were too young to catch them live in the 70s, Stoneage, but I bet he cancelled shows when he had a cold back then, too.

PS: Fool To Cry from London 1 featured some of Mick’s best singing ever, imo.

Date: July 12, 2018 20:23

And the really funny part is I never used to know first hand what "hens in a chicken coop" really meant, then a few years back my neighbor set up a small coop with 6 hens... and I baby chicken sit when he goes out of town... and my goodness, all of the "sayings" are perfect. They really do cluck cluck, hen peck, and all the rest of the cliches.

Date: July 13, 2018 02:33

Mick's voice actually sounds amazing to me! Past couple years it's been a lot deeper and less nasally and I totally dig it. The current "mature" sound of his voice during the past couple tours have resulted in his best vocal work in the past 10 years. At least in my opinion.

Posted by: diverseharmonics ()
Date: July 13, 2018 05:29

wupperstein
whatever you are smoking--give me some!!

Date: July 13, 2018 21:23

DandelionPowderman

Mick sings better today than his grunting and shouting on Brussels Affair.

Wow, post of the year! thumbs up

Date: July 13, 2018 22:56

I have a feeling my stones journey is not over. If they play nyc next year i will try to be there by the excuse of my anual city trip with the miss

Goto Page: Previous123456789Next
Current Page: 7 of 9

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1883
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home